Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

East Asian children and young adults get money in envelopes from older people during New Years, similar to receiving gifts during Christmas here in the West. The money usually stops around early twenties when a person starts working and feeding themselves, although I still got one from my friend's family earlier this year despite being 25.

This guy. Sees my incredibly apt joke and thinks I need a crash course on お年玉.

That's @Ice Dragon's job

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Glennstavos said:

This guy. Sees my incredibly apt joke and thinks I need a crash course on お年玉.

That's @Ice Dragon's job

I guess I have trouble understanding jokes online too.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

East Asian children and young adults get money in envelopes from older people during New Years, similar to receiving gifts during Christmas here in the West. The money usually stops around early twenties when a person starts working and feeding themselves, although I still got one from my friend's family earlier this year despite being 25.

My mom told me that she's gonna continue giving me red envelopes until I get married. I can only say I'll be receiving envelopes for the foreseeable future. 

1 minute ago, Flying Shogi said:

My mom told me that she's gonna continue giving me red envelopes until I get married. I can only say I'll be receiving envelopes for the foreseeable future. 

Nice. That is one reason to not get married.

Now spend it on Heroes and make Anna happy.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Adults get brown paper envelopes instead.

I never saw brown paper envelopes before. The ones I see are usually red, although they can sometimes be other bright warm colors.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

I never saw brown paper envelopes before. The ones I see are usually red, although they can sometimes be other bright warm colors. 

It's a lame joke about receiving bribes. 😉

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

That reason isn't enticing enough even if I didn't have a job.

I don't want to go to the dark side. Keep your cookies to yourself 🤣

Edited by Flying Shogi

I've been liking Legendary Eliwood. His buff being able to be applied literally everywhere regardless of positioning is really rad, and the fact that the buff is +12 is great. Kinda wish he had more punch behind his back a lil bit though

12 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I decided to try some Abyssal maps, and I was able to beat Lucina's and Yune's. I am happy with it!

Mythic Hero Battle - Yune: Chaos Goddess (Abyssal)

Hide contents

Legendary Hero Battle - Lucina: Glorious Archer (Abyssal)

Hide contents

Woooo congrats! Saizo is really awesome and managed to say the same quote like 5 times in a row against Lucina, both are pretty impressive~ Well done!~

50 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I've been liking Legendary Eliwood. His buff being able to be applied literally everywhere regardless of positioning is really rad, and the fact that the buff is +12 is great. Kinda wish he had more punch behind his back a lil bit though

Yeah, his buff is pretty nice. I wish his Vision of Arcadia did Atk/Spd instead, so it will pair perfectly with Joyous Lantern.

Finally got a L!Eliwood! He is -Atk/+HP, but I don’t mind. I am still salty I have yet to get NY!Hrid—not even one copy! Oh well... there are plenty of squad assaults left for me to do, I s’pose... 🙂

19 hours ago, Astellius said:

Nice clears! I see that Saizo is putting in good work for you!

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Woooo congrats! Saizo is really awesome and managed to say the same quote like 5 times in a row against Lucina, both are pretty impressive~ Well done!~

Thanks! Saizo was a great investment. I was thinking to +10 a dagger unit since a long time, and Kaze was my candidate, but Saizo's refinement came in the right moment!

Edit:
I manage to do Ryoma's Abyssal as well!

Spoiler

Edited by Diovani Bressan

On 7/2/2019 at 7:37 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

I decided to try some Abyssal maps, and I was able to beat Lucina's and Yune's. I am happy with it!

Mythic Hero Battle - Yune: Chaos Goddess (Abyssal)

Reveal hidden contents

Legendary Hero Battle - Lucina: Glorious Archer (Abyssal)

Reveal hidden contents

Ohhh, very cool! Saizo shows Yune how a real debuffer works and collects a lot of kills at 1 HP. 

Wow, Nowi and Saizo nearly cleared Lucina's map on turn one, robbing Lucina all buddies to use her Assist skill. Nowi even eats green mages (sounds healthier than it actually is), Lucina herself didn't stand a chance. 

22 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I manage to do Ryoma's Abyssal as well!

Reveal hidden contents

No Saizo this time? Well, Lucius is a great unit as well and he helps Nowi to decimate this map. 

Congrats to your clears, seems you found something new and fun to play with. :- ) 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ohhh, very cool! Saizo shows Yune how a real debuffer works and collects a lot of kills at 1 HP. 

Wow, Nowi and Saizo nearly cleared Lucina's map on turn one, robbing Lucina all buddies to use her Assist skill. Nowi even eats green mages (sounds healthier than it actually is), Lucina herself didn't stand a chance. 

No Saizo this time? Well, Lucius is a great unit as well and he helps Nowi to decimate this map. 

Congrats to your clears, seems you found something new and fun to play with. :- ) 

Thanks Mampf!

Yeah, for Yune's and Lucina's maps I had to create a strategy that nullifies their special abilities. For Yune, I needed to stop her from debuffing. How? Defeating her in turn 1. For this, Saizo needed Guard 1 and a Special with 2 CD, which was made available thanks to Nowi's Infantry Pulse. Then I just needed to survive the rest of the foes. For Lucina, I needed to do something that nullifies her Future Vision. For it, I decided to attack both sides at the same time. Nowi, with Fierce Stance and Marth's buffs, was able to tank the right side, while Saizo with Azura's help was able to tank the left side. To finish Lucina, I needed Spur Def and Ardent Sacrifice on Saizo, so Nowi would survive to Lucina's Aether.

Ryoma's map was tricky. I needed a healer, so Lucius took Saizo's place, while PA Azura took L!Azura's place, so I would be able to defeat that Lance unit. Windfire Balm+ was so helpful in this map, and Physic as well. Ryoma wasn't the main problem here. He is pretty weak against Nowi. He was only able to damage her thanks to Bushido. I would say the dagger and blue tome units were my main threats in that map.

I am not able to beat Eliwood yet, and I didn't try Grima, which I may try it later today. And next month I will try to beat the Abyssal maps as well. I know that Alm's map will be tricky...

EDIT:

I did Abyssal Grima and... I WAS ABLE TO DO IT IN 1 TURN!

@daisy jane @DarkAlf @Maaka @Azuris @Landmaster @Alkaid @Astellius

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Predictably Random said:

Hello, this is my +8 Charlotte. I was very close to getting her to +10 as an F2Player, but I am very content, still.

Beautiful! Good luck getting her to +10 next year. 

Speaking of the Marth and Caeda battle, my Team OTP (RD Ike, Yukata Elincia, Summer Frederick, Summer Robin) tackled infernal in one try! WEE!

M&C BHB was pretty easy to me. Got Eir, Rein, Linus and LAzura team up and deal with it. Eir one rounded Caeda with tactic dance and then Repositioned by Linus. Rein kills the lance cav and Marth, Linus kills the mage and the green archer and Eir kills the blue peg.

With the orbs I pulled on the VG banner in hopes of getting Tibarn but nope, I got Lucina and a 5☆ Barst instead! Lucina is cool because I'll use her as Aether fodder and Barst is nice because I can just promote another one to begin some merges. The best Barst I have so far is neutral but before settling up with one I'll wait if he gets a refine update anytime soon.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Beautiful! Good luck getting her to +10 next year. 

Thank you, I was pretty patient saving up for her. If I hadn't wasted my time and orbs trying to get Idoun (and failing), I might've had an extra 200+ and I might've actually +10'd her. I got my 8th merge on the last day on a .75%. Thought I wouldn't make it.

@Predictably Random That's a unit to be proud of! Hope you get the last two merges one day. I got my first 5-star exclusive +10 unit recently (Summer Tana), granted that was not entirely with free orbs (I saved money as well as orbs in preparation for her return ever since last year), but finally finishing a long term project like that is a really great feeling.

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Got bored and promoted Odin to 5*. I might regret it later on but hey, free Atk/Spd Link is nice. But that attack though. Sitting at 41 Atk post LnD3 is sad.

Heh... I used to think the same... until I gave him Anchor Arms!

And steroids. Lots of steroids. Well dragonflowers, but they may as well be roids.

Xjn4gIFl.jpg?1

This is the set I run on him, and he more or less runs it perfectly. Even took me through a week of Aether Raids Offense. The seal doesn't even matter that much, he can work with anything.
...to be honest, I only +10ed him because of the absolutely perfect symmetry between his stats after dragonflowers (+Spd -Atk) and so that one day the +10 family can come together as one big happy but kinda kooky and transcending time family.

Speaking of weird things going on...

Spoiler

Ygr4XBsl.jpg

There's an entire legion behind that mask.

I know he is outclassed many times over. Probably won't get a new Prf anytime soon either. But screw that, I'm the person who +10ed Walhart even though no one seems to care for him much. Plus, how many units can say they come with a free accessory pre-equipped?

Let's +10 another odd Grail unit!

In... uh... a few months, assuming he is never given out as an extra GHB unit and the grail output remains consistent for Rank 20 10k lift by the end of each AR season.

Edited by Xenomata