Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Xenomata I hope they start releasing Link skills soon as seals. He's a good unit to put it on especially given how rare they are right now. Not that it changes much for me if they continue making them 5* exclusive since I don't believe in foddering 5* exclusive skills anyway.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Arrgh, I was just getting ready for bed and was just idly collecting my daily stuff in FEH when I noticed the arena season was closing in 7 hours. Had to scour the recent news to just confirm that this was correct (and it is). Luckily the VG just ended forced me to do my regular arena run early, but I'm going to have to scramble my AA run right now and I've also only fought in AR 3 times this week but at least I have the participation grails.

Okay, so I need some help deciding some IVs here.

+Atk or +Def for Brave Ike? I was using a +Atk one as my base, but I pulled a +Def one today.

+Atk or +Spd for Adrift female Corrin? My current one is +Atk but I got pitybroken by a +Spd one while looking for the above Brave Ike.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, BoaFerox said:

@Predictably Random That's a unit to be proud of! Hope you get the last two merges one day. I got my first 5-star exclusive +10 unit recently (Summer Tana), granted that was not entirely with free orbs (I saved money as well as orbs in preparation for her return ever since last year), but finally finishing a long term project like that is a really great feeling.

I've always assumed everyone with a *5+10 exclusive is a whale, but this experience has taught me that you can honestly do it without a single penny, as long as you're dedicated.

Edited by Predictably Random

I'm guessing with Aether Raids and Arena ending early today, the update might be tonight since this update is changing some things for Aether Raids and it would make be nice if they were implemented with the next season. Hope so since I'm very curious about the new weapons.

Edit: Never mind. The update is already out.

Edited by Kaden

New music is out: Glory to Grannvale (FE4), Black Fang (FE7), and the Summer theme (FE13). All have the usual 180 Affinity cost.

I like the music, but I feel like none of it fits well into the available spots for it, and same for the ones that were already on sale. I bought Prepare to Charge (FE7) a while ago, but it didn't manage to replace the free Preparations (FE11) for my home screen spot, and I don't see any of these doing that either. The Aether screens seem best with Climb the Sky to me, and who cares about the Concert Hall itself.

Anyone have other ideas about good music uses?

Apparently Luke's 43 HP and Rutger's 32 Atk are considered low. In Luke's case, sure, let's ignore that refining his weapon gives him +3 to +5 HP depending on the refinement picked.

17 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

We droppin boys

Maybe if I'm lucky, I've have that by this time next year too.

Though really, congrats! I'm still waiting about 200 more grails to get Haar's 9th merge, and then I get to wait until about October for his final merge. Fun times.

Spoiler

Matt's refine disappoints me. Something to increase his bulk or help him deal with magic/dragons (the real issue for him) would have been huge. A blade tome effect on debuffed enemies means he has to attack his target (dragons? magic? DC? lolno) in order to get the bonus damage or run a Chill Skill which means he misses out on premium skills like Mystic Boost, Special Spiral, etc.

I didn't think they knew what to do with him. Turns out I was right.

It looks like they realized that melee Rokkr bosses were too easy to trivialize. Four of the six this time are ranged and the remaining two are physical tanks with guaranteed follow-ups on both phases.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Apparently Luke's 43 HP and Rutger's 32 Atk are considered low. In Luke's case, sure, let's ignore that refining his weapon gives him +3 to +5 HP depending on the refinement picked.

43 HP happens to be the same as the lowest HP on a melee armor.

With his unique refine (because that's the only one that assumes he has higher HP than his opponent due to its intended synergy with Panic Ploy), he can only Panic Ploy 11 of the 35 melee armors. Five of those 11 don't have a unique weapon of their own, so if you assume those are running refined inheritable weapons, he can only hit 6 of the 35 melee armors with Panic Ploy. That's kind of pathetic.

And Luke's Panic Ploy is completely useless on Abyssal maps.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Matt's refine disappoints me. Something to increase his bulk or help him deal with magic/dragons (the real issue for him) would have been huge. A blade tome effect on debuffed enemies means he has to attack his target (dragons? magic? DC? lolno) in order to get the bonus damage or run a Chill Skill which means he misses out on premium skills like Mystic Boost, Special Spiral, etc.

That's what teammates are for. The beauty of Chill skills is that they have the exact same effect regardless of who on your team has the skill equipped.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

At least he can run Chill in the Seal Slot now if he so choses so he can still run with those B Slots~ Or have a teammate with the Chills or a Sabotage Skill to debuff for him so he can focus his build on the damage~

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Maybe if I'm lucky, I've have that by this time next year too.

Though really, congrats! I'm still waiting about 200 more grails to get Haar's 9th merge, and then I get to wait until about October for his final merge. Fun times.

Thanks! Good luck finishing up your Haar~ He'll be done before you know it~

Ooh, Luke's refine is great! He gets a stronger brave weapon and the refine gives him +6 Atk and Def on non-visible buffed enemies! That's pretty awesome!

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

43 HP happens to be the same as the lowest HP on a melee armor.

With his unique refine (because that's the only one that assumes he has higher HP than his opponent due to its intended synergy with Panic Ploy), he can only Panic Ploy 11 of the 35 melee armors. Five of those 11 don't have a unique weapon of their own, so if you assume those are running refined inheritable weapons, he can only hit 6 of the 35 melee armors with Panic Ploy. That's kind of pathetic.

Yeah, I get that, but the way those comments were worded, it seemed like they're saying his 43 HP is so low that it wouldn't work in general for Panic Ploy. He has a limit, but it's not an awful, unusable one.

There were some comments saying Dull Close might be a good B passive for him, but you'd kill a summer Cordelia who is currently the only unit with Dull Close. Anyway, yeah, the unique refinement for his new sword is really meh. It's not simple and effective like Elincia getting Swift Sparrow or supportive and "optional" like Cherche getting Panic Ploy or Klein getting Chill Def. His HP is high, but not so high like that of Bartre, Cherche, Ogma, Virion, or goddamn Arden. His Panic Ploy working on squishy, low HP units would probably be overkill. Pass might have been more effective and practical than this if not make him extremely disruptive or rowdy. He would have been able to run both Pass and Drag Back, Hit and Run, Knockback, or Lunge for some wacky shenanigans.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And Luke's Panic Ploy is completely useless on Abyssal maps. 

Except when he's the enemy. Relay Defense Luke was quite fun if painful.

Edited by Kaden

29 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I dunno if you have experience with Gunnthra, but she's a real powerhouse when you get those debuffs on someone. It might not seem like the most useful refine now, but play with it, and you might find that high offense/low defense units become much more manageable, especially if you're using Chills and stuff on his teammates (Aversa, Gunnthra, Hrid, anybody with Chills or even bonus units hanging back with Chill seals). Just think of how often you encounter a high Atk/Spd mage with juuust enough HP/Def that he gets countered and needs to double them.

@Landmaster Congrats on fully merging F!Delthea! I'm guessing you didn't want to wait until November to get another free copy from her GHB revival? She looks great with double brazens since I am also planning on a similar build though if I did the math right it will take me until December before I have enough Grails to +10 her.

@Diovani Bressan Nice one turn Grima clear! Nowi was obviously the star but your Soren is really cool, too!~

19 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

@Landmaster Congrats on fully merging F!Delthea! I'm guessing you didn't want to wait until November to get another free copy from her GHB revival? She looks great with double brazens since I am also planning on a similar build though if I did the math right it will take me until December before I have enough Grails to +10 her.

Yeah, I would die sitting here with a +9 for that many months~ Might as well just finisher her off XD Do you already have another Grail project going on? Good luck finishing her!

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, I would die sitting here with a +9 for that many months~ Might as well just finisher her off XD Do you already have another Grail project going on? Good luck finishing her!

Haha, I see. I am kind of conservative with my grails since there are so many free units I would like to merge so I am willing to wait if I know there are free copies to get later down the line.

Yeah, I did have a stack of grails ready to get her to at least +9 but a couple weeks ago I really needed a high merged green unit to score well in Allegiance Battles and nobody on my friend's list had a good green unit to pair up with at the time so I decided to use my grails on Haar and got him up to +9 since he was going to be my merge project after Delthea anyways. So now I only have Delthea up to +4 (soon to be +5 in two weeks) and I guess I will have both Haar and Delthea be at +10 by the end of the year.

Edited by NSSKG151

2 hours ago, Zeo said:
  Hide contents

His bulk will be incredible after 1. round combat. Just Team him up with Arvis or Mordecai (or Yune). Can also use Nifl siblings. But His best buddy will be Atk/Spd Link Mordecai with Smite for additional 26 dmg. 

I myself am gonna built him up and run him with Mordecai

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

+Atk or +Def for Brave Ike? I was using a +Atk one as my base, but I pulled a +Def one today.

I personally prefer +Def/Res on most of my Enemy Phase units, unless they got access to specific setups that gives them extreme bulk. BH!Ike lacks extreme bulk, so I went with +Def on mine.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

+Atk or +Spd for Adrift female Corrin? My current one is +Atk but I got pitybroken by a +Spd one while looking for the above Brave Ike.

As always, it depends on the mode. +Atk is better in modes where the Spd of foes is low. +Spd is better in modes where Spd is high.

I personally lean towards +Spd, as I prioritize Aether Raids and that mode has a lot of fast enemies.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm sorry to see you disappointed, even if I think the Gunnthrá effect will help him to archive some faster kills. Saizos prf/refine seems better at first glance though. 

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer +Def/Res on most of my Enemy Phase units, unless they got access to specific setups that gives them extreme bulk. BH!Ike lacks extreme bulk, so I went with +Def on mine.

As always, it depends on the mode. +Atk is better in modes where the Spd of foes is low. +Spd is better in modes where Spd is high.

I personally lean towards +Spd, as I prioritize Aether Raids and that mode has a lot of fast enemies.

Does it mean Speed Smoke is better than Defense Smoke?

I'm also totally agree that on enemy phase units +def/+res is more preferable. I also much prefer units with high, balanced def and res, not only spd but atk is a price i'd pay for it, like most glass cannons have both res and def low but both atk and spd are high