Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Ice Dragon @Kaden For Surtrs, I've got a handy dandy Idunn that munches on his crispy bones. Or P!Lukas. Surtr does zero damage to him on a defence tile and Lukas' Bonfire deals insane damage. 

For green, I was thinking mage since my other main projects are all physical. Siren's a good idea, but I've yet to pull one with decent IVs, none with a boon in either Atk or Spd. Best I have right now is a neutral. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@Ice Dragon @Kaden For Surtrs, I've got a handy dandy Idunn that munches on his crispy bones. Or P!Lukas. Surtr does zero damage to him on a defence tile and Lukas' Bonfire deals insane damage. 

For green, I was thinking mage since my other main projects are all physical. Siren's a good idea, but I've yet to pull one with decent IVs, none with a boon in either Atk or Spd. Best I have right now is a neutral. 

You can never have too many Surtr counters.

Well, your other green mage options that are 3* to 4* summonable are Boey, Cecilia, Merric, and Nino. Boey has the highest defense and comes with Gronnowl leaning him to being an enemy phase and tanky mage. Merric also has a respectable 28 neutral defense, but he has the lowest base attack out of the mages. That said, he's still the only mage with effective damage against fliers and he and Ishtar are the only mages with Killer tomes which is through his refined Excalibur. Cecilia comes with Gronnraven which you can just slap T-Adept, Bowbreaker or whatever passive on her and deal CYL Lyn, Reinhardt, and CYL Veronica, is the only other green cavalry mage that isn't 5* summonable besides picnic Leo, so she's a good Gronnblade cavalry mage as well. Cecilia has a superasset in speed and for what it's worth, her affinity in Binding Blade is anima, so slapping an anima blessing on her would be appropriate and you'd have one anima defense team candidate. Nino is self-explanatory. Personal Gronnblade, good offenses, has a simple -blade mage build with Fury, Desperation, and you don't really need to refine her tome to get her going.

Soren's Wind's Brand with its Chill Atk 3 and balanced-ish stats makes him a generalist and support unit. Going with the unique refinement, the -owl effect, can make him surprisingly bulky, especially if his opponent was hit by his tome's Chill Atk. Once again, for what it's worth, his affinity in the Tellius games is dark and Yune definitely appreciates her opponent being debuffed as he appreciates her speed boost. There's a color overlap and both don't have good defense, though.

What did they change about Lilina's artwork? They look identical to what's already in the game.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

What did they change about Lilina's artwork? They look identical to what's already in the game.

Her face is a bit cuter and some shading was made better.

@mcsilas @mampfoid

So... just tinkering around a bit with the refine and I'm noticing with the support of his team and running Dual Smokes (instead of Flashing Blade) Matt's damage is actually... pretty nonsense. And he's dealing this damage while taking the same very little damage he was taking before (though he lost 2 HP). He loses out on the 2 SPD sure but the SPD Smoke makes up the difference and gives him a whopping damage boost. I really love my Aether procs I admit but I'm going to look into this.

Seal ATK/SPD once again becomes a fantastic option because he loses 2 bulk in exchange for a better chance at doubling and additional bonus damage. Funny thing, I was just getting ready to fodder off my spare Lewyn to Matt for Special Spiral but I'd be losing out on overall damage in exchange for more Aether procs but now I'm seeing that dual seal skill once again becomes his perfect B skill and I still don't have a spare S!Frederick.

...Wait... isn't he literally on a banner right now? Hmm.. I might start clearing the 60+ orbs worth of content I haven't touched since I quit. In the meantime I'm going to continue tinkering.

Watch out @Alexmender turns out I might end up having a titan of my own in the making to rival even your Eirika!

Gotta admit though... it's frustrating not having any challenging maps out right now to test out Spy Dagger's power. I only have Abyssal Navarre which Matt absolutely demolishes. I mean... effortlessly with this weapon. Maybe it's not so bad after all. It's got a lot of potential for Abyssal maps. 

Edited by Zeo

36 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Gotta admit though... it's frustrating not having any challenging maps out right now to test out Spy Dagger's power. I only have Abyssal Navarre which Matt absolutely demolishes. I mean... effortlessly with this weapon. Maybe it's not so bad after all. It's got a lot of potential for Abyssal maps. 

Oh man, Legendary Eliwood's map would have been interesting to see with Spy Dagger, but... oh well. He should be back in a few months.

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oh man, Legendary Eliwood's map would have been interesting to see with Spy Dagger, but... oh well. He should be back in a few months.

September, to be precise.

Moving away from the joke topic. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

As if that means anything. I don't see people complaining about units that get an existing skill for a refine. I don't see people gushing about Luke's refine despite it being extremely unique.

Blizzard is one of the strongest effects in the game, and having Rogue Dagger as a base effect is generally better than having Silver Dagger as a base effect.

Luke's refine is unique (so far), but neither is he @Zeo's favorite character nor makes it Luke a particular appealing unit (no face refine). I bet he'll discover the bright side of this update sooner or later. 

... Aka now: 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

So... just tinkering around a bit with the refine and I'm noticing with the support of his team and running Dual Smokes (instead of Flashing Blade) Matt's damage is actually... pretty nonsense. And he's dealing this damage while taking the same very little damage he was taking before (though he lost 2 HP). He loses out on the 2 SPD sure but the SPD Smoke makes up the difference and gives him a whopping damage boost. I really love my Aether procs I admit but I'm going to look into this.

Seal ATK/SPD once again becomes a fantastic option because he loses 2 bulk in exchange for a better chance at doubling and additional bonus damage. Funny thing, I was just getting ready to fodder off my spare Lewyn to Matt for Special Spiral but I'd be losing out on overall damage in exchange for more Aether procs but now I'm seeing that dual seal skill once again becomes his perfect B skill and I still don't have a spare S!Frederick.

...Wait... isn't he literally on a banner right now? Hmm.. I might start clearing the 60+ orbs worth of content I haven't touched since I quit. In the meantime I'm going to continue tinkering.

Sounds great! Perhaps you could make up for flashing blade by running Infantry Flash or Infantry Breath on a team mate. 

How do you like Ursulas B-skill instead of seal ATK/SPD? Ok, it doesn't debuff ATK and SPD at the same time, but the guard effect might become handy for Abyssal maps. 

Edited by mampfoid

With Roderick's new refine, I went with Life and Death for now. I am saving up dew for his special refine, and I had HP/Spd 2 before in his A slot but now I went with Life and Death, bringing him to a whopping 58 Atk, and 41 Spd, while still keeping decent defensive stats of 22 Def and 23 Res, with 46 HP. Really impressed with him and running him on my unusual tactic bond team with Cecilia, Eirika and Legendary Azura. I might swap the latter two for other merge projects in the future.

11 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

How likely it is one day Firesweep Bow would be in 4* pool/or be in a  free unit like Firesweep Lance ? 

I think it could happen. I don't think it's as impressive as people think.

@Zeo Oooh glad to see you're warming up to the refine, I do like seeing some Matthew love and will build him once I get a +Atk.

Summer Frederick being available could be a good chance for you, it reminds me of how Luke's refine becomes useful with Dull Close which coincidentally, Summer Cordelia is on a banner right now.

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I think it could happen. I don't think it's as impressive as people think.

True, its inferior than dazzling staff, that

1:  when a unit with dazzling staff equipped  is attacked by the enemy, still can counterattack, but when that unit attack, enemy can't counterattack, but the incapability of counterattack of firesweep weapon is mutual , 

2: overall, there is much more units with less res than def in this game, 

3: the availability, you can simply refine any  inheritable staff to have dazzling effect, when firesweep bow is much harder to get, locked to Faye. 

I still want it, and short bow  too, but it helps me to be more patient and waits for the free  or 3/4* version, thank you!

...I don't know why the Earth Gardens were giving me such a hard time. After beating the second one, I've basically been doing a clean sweep of the rest of them. I just have one Earth and one Wind left. 

And I think I'll save up orbs till my birthday. Maybe IS will decide to give me S!Lyn for the occasion. It's just a little over a week of saving, but it's better than nothing. 

Edited by silverserpent

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Distant Def Sacred Seal is pretty standard on Tiki if she's intended to tank magic, and that's already sufficient for tanking Lewyn, assuming equal buffs. If she sticks with Lightning Breath+ (which is what she should be doing if she's intended to tank magic), the Res refine on it is also sufficient even with empty A and S slots.

Furthermore, Res is Tiki's lower defensive stat, not to mention is significantly lower to the point where it's considered unreliable (24 base is not reliable by any stretch of the imagination), which is not comparable to the current situation. Padding your weaker defense is different from padding your stronger defense for units with lopsided defenses, and even then, there are typically enough available options for padding your defenses with skills and teammates instead of using the Asset slot.

Even if A!Tiki is dealing solely with melee units, she should still Def stack as much as possible, especially against dedicated nukes. Karla, Laevatein, and AOTB!Celica are not very common, but they can hit extremely hard. With both sides +10 and 6/6/6/6 bonus buffs, A!Tiki still needs to Def stack like crazy AND have an additional Drive Def buff just to survive with single digit HP.

A!Tiki:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Tiki(A) (5*+10 +def -spd)  
Weapon: Breath Of Fog  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Steady Stance 4  
B: Quick Riposte 3  
S: Close Def 3  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Challengers:

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Karla (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Vassal's Blade  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 3  
B: Wrath 3  
S: Flashing Blade 3  

Celica (Brave) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Wo Dao+  
Special: Luna  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Double Lion  
S: Flashing Blade 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Laevatein (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Laevatein  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Distant Counter  
B: Vantage 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

Karla, Laevatein, and AOTB!Celica are not very common, but they can hit extremely hard.

You know what's even less common? Karla with Moonbow, Wrath, and Flashing Blade on the same set. If you're up against a nuke that is designed to specifically break though Guard, then perhaps you shouldn't be using a neutral tank in the first place. (Similar can be said of Celica.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid

Watch out @Alexmender turns out I might end up having a titan of my own in the making to rival even your Eirika!

I'm glad you're having tons of fun with Matt's refine. He certainly can become a behemoth now that he can keep his bulk while also dealing Nino-like damage. I think he'll be fine without Flashing Blade, after all if he gets a little worn out Genny's right there to patch him up and let the slaughter continue. 

Eirika and I look foward to it, I still think she might pull ahead by a little due to her higher Res and the whale tier skills I gave her. Then again, Matt's a better team player doing dmg, debuffing and tanking for his teammates while Eirika is either full support or extremely selfish with a team built around her so it evens out.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid

Hey, it's nice to see you enjoying the game like before.

Which build you have in mind for the Seal Atk/Spd?

Regular Marth has become now my best Infantry (or non infantry but mostly infantry) cheerleader for Arena:

Marth +10:
Refined Falcion
Grand Rally Atk/Spd +
Special: Aithir
A: Duell Fighter Red
B: Def/Res Ruse
C : Infantry Ruse
Seal: Spur Res/Def.

Of course with the support of my +10 L!Azura and +10 Aversa basicly almost everything becomes a joke with an Infantry unit on this setup.

7 hours ago, Troykv said:

Hey, it's nice to see you enjoying the game like before.

Which build you have in mind for the Seal Atk/Spd?

Likely a build with dual smoke skills. It's 28 additional damage against the first opponent he hits (on the second round of combat) and 32 against anyone nearby due to him debuffing all 4 skills. I'm really just waiting for more Abyssal maps to test the effectiveness of it. I haven't even begun to alter my team yet. Chances are someone's going to be getting a Chill skill.

I'm definitely not back, but this breathes in new life into the game so I'm going to dabble here and there. Especially on the LHB rotations.

@Xenomata I'm most interested in Hrid and Yune's maps. Those were quite literally impossible for me to beat (with my amount of patience at the time) before. So It'll be fun to tackle them again with Matt's newfound power.

@Hilda When I think about it, L!Eliwood with his bonus doubler would be pretty fantastic on Matt if he can somehow have the most ATK on the team. Run tactics skills on him and have those buffs double on top of the bonuses he gets from debuffing. Though it seems like it would be cumbersome running not only a mixed team but one that caters to low ATK units just to make sure Matt gets the bonus.

@Johann I've actually had Gunnthra for quite a long time. I don't tend to use her very often but her ability is potent. She had the merit of debuffing on a turn by turn basis though. Not to say I won't be putting a Chill skill on one of my teammates. I'll definitely be looking into that. Especially considering Genny's S slot tends to be vacant. I'd like to be able to run Special Spiral on Matt to be honest.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Hilda When I think about it, L!Eliwood with his bonus doubler would be pretty fantastic on Matt if he can somehow have the most ATK on the team. Run tactics skills on him and have those buffs double on top of the bonuses he gets from debuffing. Though it seems like it would be cumbersome running not only a mixed team but one that caters to low ATK units just to make sure Matt gets the bonus.

When you can field Matthew with Eliwood and two dancers, it shouldn't be too hard to get his attack to be the highest compared to the two dancers as dancers tend to have low attack. Do you use a +atk Matthew and does he have +10 red flowers? 

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

When you can field Matthew with Eliwood and two dancers, it shouldn't be too hard to get his attack to be the highest compared to the two dancers as dancers tend to have low attack. Do you use a +atk Matthew and does he have +10 red flowers? 

I haven't played in 6 months. I'd collected enough flowers beforehand to get him to +8 though so he's only missing 1 DEF/RES from the last 2 upgrades. However, he's +SPD, I've never pulled a +ATK Matthew, ever. (Unless the one Matthew I foddered to Kagero before I knew about natures waaaaaay back in the day happened to be +ATK)

I don't know that I'd swap out the extra speed at this point though. Especially considering running Spy Dagger instead of Refined Rogue Dagger trades 2 SPD for 2 ATK already.