Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, what exactly is it about Summer Lilina's art that's getting changed?  I see the notification, but they don't say what's getting changed or why.  Is it something like bow stringless Gaius?

Just some touchups from what I saw on Twitter.

And yet Rebecca has lacked a bowstring in her attacking art forever... Why was Gaius's bowstring added and not hers?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Just some touchups from what I saw on Twitter.

And yet Rebecca has lacked a bowstring in her attacking art forever... Why was Gaius's bowstring added and not hers?

Because if they fixed Rebecca's bow string, people would question why they didn't fix her eyes.

I wonder why they felt the need to touch up Lilina.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Because if they fixed Rebecca's bow string, people would question why they didn't fix her eyes.

I wonder why they felt the need to touch up Lilina.

I dunno, but it doesn't matter to me, I just would rather see Lilina with a different artist entirely. I don't like BUNBUN's style. They make Roy look like a little kid rather than 15 and Lilina just always looks weird or in the case of her Valentine alt, just plain ill.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

This is my thought's exactly! Also, this made me laugh.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

So, what exactly is it about Summer Lilina's art that's getting changed?  I see the notification, but they don't say what's getting changed or why.  Is it something like bow stringless Gaius?

Looks like they somehow didn't use the final version of her art for the game. 

On 7/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, mampfoid said:

Here is a comparison between old and new:

It's some adjustments to contrasts, shading and face. Looks like they didn't use the final version for the game. 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Looks like they somehow didn't use the final version of her art for the game. 

Or the artist wasn't happy with it after its submission and made revisions. I'm sure all of the artists here know that feeling.

51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or the artist wasn't happy with it after its submission and made revisions. I'm sure all of the artists here know that feeling.

In my head-cannon, the famous intern mixed up the files and the artist suffered a shock when he pulled his own unit on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

In my head-cannon, the famous intern mixed up the files and the artist suffered a shock when he pulled his own unit on Tuesday. 

this is why you sort your files folks

*proceeds to return to my shitshow of a folder maintenance

So did IS just forget to rerun Nohrian Summer and Sketchy Summer? Why rerun the other past summer banners again and not those two? I don't really care a whole lot about the characters on these except Elise, but it's not really fair to players who missed out on them before. I'd wait to try for Elise until after the Three Houses stuff, but yeah.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So did IS just forget to rerun Nohrian Summer and Sketchy Summer? Why rerun the other past summer banners again and not those two? I don't really care a whole lot about the characters on these except Elise, but it's not really fair to players who missed out on them before. I'd wait to try for Elise until after the Three Houses stuff, but yeah.

Patience is everything. There is still half a month left. The reruns do not always match the exact day or week they were originally released.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Patience is everything. There is still half a month left. The reruns do not always match the exact day or week they were originally released.

Yeah, but we now have the problem of the previous calendar having listed Ylissean Summer and all, but the new calendar not listing the other two banners. Maybe there wasn't enough room for them on said calendar, I dunno, but it's concerning.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but we now have the problem of the previous calendar having listed Ylissean Summer and all, but the new calendar not listing the other two banners. Maybe there wasn't enough room for them on said calendar, I dunno, but it's concerning.

I do not think it is a big deal. The rerun will come when it comes.

So... yeah I just discovered in TT that Idunn destroys dagger units utterly. My Matthew couldn't do anything to her at all. 2 damage a pop. No benefits from his dagger and even with the self buffs she rips through him due to her own buffs and... well.. being a dragon.

She is a 100% hard counter to Matthew. I'm going to lament the day an Idunn BHB comes out. Maybe I'll skip that one...

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

So... yeah I just discovered in TT that Idunn destroys dagger units utterly. My Matthew couldn't do anything to her at all. 2 damage a pop. No benefits from his dagger and even with the self buffs she rips through him due to her own buffs and... well.. being a dragon.

She is a 100% hard counter to Matthew. I'm going to lament the day an Idunn BHB comes out. Maybe I'll skip that one...

Or give Ayra Armoursmasher? 😛

but yeah Idunn is pretty annoying when you don’t have a blue unit and even then, it’s best to take her out in the enemy phase

On 7/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, Zeo said:

Idunn's designed to counter debuff play with her Demonic Breath disabling negative status effects and granting her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 if she has one is if she's at < 100% HP which is basically a Brazen Spectrum with an additional way to trigger it. Then here's her high defenses at 39 base neutral defense and 34 base neutral resistance both of which are superassets in the player hands when she's summoned. Her natural defenses get further boosted by Demonic Breath's Def+3 and her default Fortress Def/Res. Another thing is that Idunn can be deceptively fast. She has 26 base neutral speed which with Demonic Breath's Brazen Spectrum being active means she has 30 speed. With speed buffs and/or speed debuffs against her opponents, she could very well become fast enough to naturally avoid doubles and double slower units. Idunn doesn't have an affinity in Binding Blade, but I feel like giving her a dark blessing is appropriate and guess what stat Yune boosts? Speed.

Anyway, Surtr was and still is a menace, but when she was revealed, people looked at him as who she was designed to hard counter which is true since Demonic Breath is also effective against armor and her being a red unit. At the same time, she sort of counters or at least can wall very hard non-blue dagger units, Gunnthra, and Hrid, all who rely or play with debuffs. Thankfully, TT units can't have their skill overridden or gain skills like Close Counter or Distant Counter. Imagine if they did and you didn't notice when having Matthew chucking his fancy new daggers only for him to explode against her.

At the moment, a dagger unit would need to be dancer Micaiah, Palla, dancer Ryoma, or have inherited dancer Elincia's Cloud Maiougi dancer, spring Palla's Pegasus Carrot, Ryoma's Sky Maiougi to have an easy time against Idunn, especially if no debuffs or damage was on Idunn since their daggers all have effective damage against armor or effective damage against dragons in Cloud Maiougi's case. Dancer Elincia could do damage, but probably not as well since she's a green dagger. Or use a blue dagger which at the moment is only dancer Ryoma and Ylgr. Otherwise, you could probably brute force your way with a high attack dagger, but that's probably going to be a bit harder than brute forcing with magic.

We don't have a dagger with effective damage against armors in the regular summoning pool nor do we have a dagger unit with a personal dagger that is effective against armors or dragons yet. Funny thing is that I thought Matthew would have ended up effective damage for his new dagger. I figured the base effects of his dagger would have been "Effective against armored foes. If foe's Def ≥ foe's Res+5, deals +7 damage. Effect: [Dagger 7] After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions." Basically, it'd be a dagger counterpart to Nile's Bow. The idea being that Matthew's been around Hector and other knights, armored fighters, for so long that he knows their greatest weaknesses as much as he knows their greatest strengths which gets translated as effective damage against armors and the Light Brand effect as high physical defense is something armors are usually known for. I imagined Matthew with these effects as him targeting the the gaps in their armor, joints and other areas where armor can't cover, with his dagger which as dangerous at it might seem, with him being lightly armored and with a weapon that is good at very close range combat, he could easily close the distance, perhaps get to their blind spots like behind them, and hit those exposed areas. Or in Heroes' case, he could be so damn accurate that he's throwing his daggers and successfully hitting their weak points. Could you imagine Matthew throwing his dagger through the slit of generic armors' and the Black Knight's helmets?

Some might have scoffed at the idea of giving a dagger unit with 25 base neutral attack an effective against armor effect, but effective damage goes a long way as Caeda and Clair can attest to. The Light Brand effect might not be that great, but it's a bonus and guaranteed damage is guaranteed damage. The downside with this idea is that he loses Rogue Dagger's effects. Rogue Dagger and Smoke Dagger both have two effects and with Spy's Dagger and Saizo's Star, their base effect and their unique refinement could be argued as being three effects. That said, the idea would have worked with effective damage against armors and the Rogue Dagger effect. Still, we've yet to see a new dagger from a weapon update given effective damage and the only non-seasonal gen 1 daggers remaining are Gaius and Jakob, so there's not a lot of chances left. If you include gen 2, then Legault and probably Sothe through Peshkatz gaining the ability to be refined.

Edited by Kaden
Dancer Micaiah is not a dagger unit

Oh cool, I just found out that if you have empty teams between 2 teams with units, the game just skips the empty teams when you scroll through them with the left/right arrows for TT. I'm assuming it's the same for the area modes.

I NOW HAVE THE LYNFINITY GAUNTLET!!! I bought like 3 or 4 more Orb packs, but I am happy. Hopefully getting all the Dancers/Singers from the next Special Heroes Focus would be less painful.

I just need to complete the Camfinity Gauntlet next, and I am just missing A!Camilla, so I can just wait for her to pitybreak me. Once Aether Resort expands to twelve spots, I can wield both Gauntlets at once and snap away all opposition.

Sigh... I really hope that the next Seasonal Dancers banner has a Bow Dancer on it... training up Bows is a bit of a pain when one of the slots has to be dedicated to LA!Roy or Nina, neither of whom can dance, ergo one less action the trainee can perform...

I... don't think I need to pull S!Frederick anymore... I just gave Matt a new B skill... The power he wields now... I don't think it was meant for mortal men.

An Abyssal LHB can't come fast enough. He has officially become a God.

...Except against Idunn.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:22 AM, Kaden said:

At the moment, a dagger unit would need to be dancer Micaiah

...Uh, she's not a dagger unit. I believe she's a red tome.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I... don't think I need to pull S!Frederick anymore... I just gave Matt a new B skill... The power he wields now... I don't think it was meant for mortal men.

An Abyssal LHB can't come fast enough. He has officially become a God.

...Except against Idunn.

Special Spiral?

Oh I can't wait to see what it is. Great to see you finally fully unlocked his potential, from what it sounds like!

Don't think Idunn has any bonds with anyone to qualify for a BHB...although maybe Fae I guess?