Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Cavalry aren't as good as they used to be anymore though, because of trenches, trees, and the large amount of skill limitations they have. And they already had the lowest BST to begin with too.

Thats not true. Cavalry are still very effectiv. Its just that every other movement type has been catching up. They are still opressiv with a 3 movement range.

Flyers are though getting a bit out of hand but luckily they are held back by skill inheritance restrictions (yet)

Lets just say that the ground has been leveled and Cavalry isnt Easy mode anymore outside of PVE. Litrblades generic BLyns and Reinhardts dont cut it. You need to invest in Cav units too now!!! Which is the case for all the other movement types

Edited by Hilda

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Is it bad that Luke's new Rowdy Sword is juuust meh enough that I'd rather make him a dedicated Safeguard+ unit?
...yes? no? Too late, gave him the refine already.

...I mean, it's not bad, per say. May as well be a Death Blow refine if used right. But... I'd rather just have a defensive swordie than a Brave Sword that's only good under certain conditions. Plus my Luke is +Def so he's better suited for defense anyways.

Also not having an XX0 amount of dews suuuuucks.

Edited by Xenomata

@Kaden @mampfoid @Alexmender @mcsilas @SatsumaFSoysoy @Johann @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Alkaid @Tybrosion @DLNarshen @Hilda @Xenomata

Too tired for a mass tag, but I had to show this before I slept. It's been 2 years but I finally did it...

fA6QQmr.png

In the corner of my mind this feels a bit hollow and... almost bogus for me to finally pull a 2nd S!Frederick just 2 days after giving Matt Special Spiral. But in my soul I feel peace and contentment. This was the B skill I always wanted for him, since the beginning. Before the refinery was even a thing, the moment I saw S!Frederick I knew I wanted his B skill for Matthew. I prayed I'd get him and when I did I prayed he was a crappy nature. I told myself if he was I'd fodder him off right away just for his skill only to be cursed by an optimal +SPD/-HP nature.

I knew I'd never get him with that nature again so I was forced to wait either for a re-run of his banner, a legendary banner or for someone else to come with the skill. I was never able to pull him on any of his re-runs or legendaries that featured him and no one else ever, ever came with the skill. I moved on, but I always tried when he came around, just a bit with no luck. Then I quit. 6 months later his banner drops. I have 20 orbs, go in the summon, one gray, Nanna. Next summon, one gray, more fodder. One more try, a single gray and there he was.

I don't even know how much I'll use the skill at this point. I'm happy with Matthew's set now, SS may even be a better fit. But I feel like a chapter of my FEH life has finally been closed with this pull. There have been units I've wanted but this stood as one of the top things I've always wanted for most of my time playing. I can finally rest. Goal Achieved.

Now finally, the only huge goal I never achieved in this game is that I, never, pulled, Legendary, LYN.

If we could make that happen, I would be 100% satisfied with my pulls in this game. Missing units or no. That is the one unit at this point that I want more than any other.

7 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Let's  be real, only BST stopped them from littering Arena. When it comes to AR, they still reign, shows that trenches and trees can't stop them.

AR is the only mode they're any good in anymore, really.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Thats not true. Cavalry are still very effectiv. Its just that every other movement type has been catching up. They are still opressiv with a 3 movement range.

Flyers are though getting a bit out of hand but luckily they are held back by skill inheritance restrictions (yet)

Lets just say that the ground has been leveled and Cavalry isnt Easy mode anymore outside of PVE. Litrblades generic BLyns and Reinhardts dont cut it. You need to invest in Cav units too now!!! Which is the case for all the other movement types

It is true. I find I can't use my cavs as much for things like BHBs, GHBs, LHBs, etc. because the maps hinder their movement.

I find this in any mode except AR and GC. Cavs suck in most of the game now and need some help.

@Zeo Congrats, it has been a long hunt. Didn't think you'd still try for him after giving SS to Matthew. Also nice to pass two full skills, didn't remember double seal skills were only 2 level. 

Also congrats to your legendary pulls, are you using any of them? Wouldn't mind to try out Eliwood once. 

Good luck getting Lyn, she'll be featured on the next Mythic banner by the end of the month: 

ouppvtrbr1731.png

Edited by mampfoid

44 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Congrats, it has been a long hunt. Didn't think you'd still try for him after giving SS to Matthew. Also nice to pass two full skills, didn't remember double seal skills were only 2 level. 

Also congrats to your legendary pulls, are you using any of them? Wouldn't mind to try out Eliwood once. 

Good luck getting Lyn, she'll be featured on the next Mythic banner by the end of the month: 

ouppvtrbr1731.png

How does this work? Does Gunnthra appear every second month?

4 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

How does this work? Does Gunnthra appear every second month?

No, but with every new legendary banner announcement, IS tells us when some of the legendary/mythic units will reappear. 

Check this topic for more information:

@Zeo That's great, awesome news it's great when you finally get things that you want, even if they come late.

Your SS Matthew sure is something in the latest BHB but it would still be nice to see the new Seal (and maybe Seashell?) appear in a legacy video one day. (Saw your BHB vid will do a proper long post with other video comments when I have more time tomorrow). Still, nice to get a sense of closure!

Really hope you get your girl soon though, maybe it's the game's way of welcoming you back even for a little bit. Hope Hector doesn't block you too much, but at least DC is not the worst pitybreaker.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Currently sitting at 62 orbs as I await Dimitri's arrival. Sweeping through CCs with Celica, Reyson, L!Azura, and Skylivia to farm up orbs. I still have roughly 200 to farm up before he gets here.

i have many to sweep up too. 
I should be done w/TT today/Tomorrow  so then all stamina can go towards clearing out much needed SA's and CCs.
(i love that Skylivia).

in other news, i am so happy GC is back. it makes dealing with this dumb Rokkr stuff easier.. I did hit 200K damage this morning so now anything i do is for ranking and while i am dire need of feathers....not that much. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i have many to sweep up too. 
I should be done w/TT today/Tomorrow  so then all stamina can go towards clearing out much needed SA's and CCs.
(i love that Skylivia).

in other news, i am so happy GC is back. it makes dealing with this dumb Rokkr stuff easier.. I did hit 200K damage this morning so now anything i do is for ranking and while i am dire need of feathers....not that much. 

Agreed, though I tend to only do the three daily runs needed for TT. I have 25 SAs to do simply because I couldn't be bothered. And CCs are easier. Haven't done the new Rokkr Siege yet since work>feh in importance. I'll work on that and grinding out the fgo event in another hour or so.

@mampfoid I forgot we had things like this in the community. Thanks for this. There's still a nice backlog of orbs I can grab (rather easily with Matthew at this point) so I guess I'll save them up for the legendary. May as well try for her since she's coming so soon. 

Also I haven't finished building up Eliwood but his weapon is magnificent. If I could fit him on my Matthew team (he'd have to replace Ayra and I simply can't do that.) he'd make him a terror. Imagine Hone ATK 4 on Inigo from NY!Hrid along with the speed boost from Gale Dance doubled by Eliwood's weapon and then the +6 DEF/RES from Spy's dagger effectively making for  +14 ATK, +8 SPD, +12 DEF/RES before supports, drives and of course Spy Dagger's effects.

Simply nonsense. I may do a special clear like that at some point just to be drunk on power. And oh yeah, I haven't even leveled L!Alm who's apparently the best infantry archer now... he's +SPD/-HP too.. guess I should get around to doing that...

@BoaFerox Thanks man, pretty sure I have you on my FL in some fashion. Hope you enjoy the new Matt.

@mcsilas Hector is one of my favorite FE characters right up there with Lyn. But I do have 7 of him, including 2 of the legendary. So here's hoping he doesn't block Lyn. Someone always blocks Lyn... I'm also hoping the 3rd green is a desirable unit so they can at least be an ok pitybreaker. I'm probably going to pull green exclusively. She's the only reason I'd pull on this banner. I have literally every other legendary hero on it.

Edited by Zeo

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Kaden @mampfoid @Alexmender @mcsilas @SatsumaFSoysoy @Johann @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Alkaid @Tybrosion @DLNarshen @Hilda @Xenomata

Too tired for a mass tag, but I had to show this before I slept. It's been 2 years but I finally did it...

fA6QQmr.png

In the corner of my mind this feels a bit hollow and... almost bogus for me to finally pull a 2nd S!Frederick just 2 days after giving Matt Special Spiral. But in my soul I feel peace and contentment. This was the B skill I always wanted for him, since the beginning. Before the refinery was even a thing, the moment I saw S!Frederick I knew I wanted his B skill for Matthew. I prayed I'd get him and when I did I prayed he was a crappy nature. I told myself if he was I'd fodder him off right away just for his skill only to be cursed by an optimal +SPD/-HP nature.

I knew I'd never get him with that nature again so I was forced to wait either for a re-run of his banner, a legendary banner or for someone else to come with the skill. I was never able to pull him on any of his re-runs or legendaries that featured him and no one else ever, ever came with the skill. I moved on, but I always tried when he came around, just a bit with no luck. Then I quit. 6 months later his banner drops. I have 20 orbs, go in the summon, one gray, Nanna. Next summon, one gray, more fodder. One more try, a single gray and there he was.

I don't even know how much I'll use the skill at this point. I'm happy with Matthew's set now, SS may even be a better fit. But I feel like a chapter of my FEH life has finally been closed with this pull. There have been units I've wanted but this stood as one of the top things I've always wanted for most of my time playing. I can finally rest. Goal Achieved.

Now finally, the only huge goal I never achieved in this game is that I, never, pulled, Legendary, LYN.

If we could make that happen, I would be 100% satisfied with my pulls in this game. Missing units or no. That is the one unit at this point that I want more than any other.

It's really nice to finally have that skill you were searching for so long.

It's a shame the weapon didn't prove that much after the weapon refine.

Ok Ursula is literally a goddess with her Ruse skill and Guard effect.

I just managed to trivialize Rokkr siege with her. It's so dumb. First was Linde so I went Ursula, L!Azura, L!Lyn and Cecilia, spam rally ruse and corner Linde while trying to handle enemies, that way I halt their Special CD and free up the slot for a healer. Next one was Sue and it was ridiculously worse, she began on the desert map beside the tree tile, so Ike, Saber and Ursula just blocked her since turn 1 while spamming rally/ruse. Best of all was how Ursula rallies, azura dances and escapes while landing on tree tiles, Saber locks ursula's previous spot while getting 1 dmg and then ursula locks Saber's spot. Lol so cool.

= EDIT =

Man, Arden was pretty fun as well. Sturdy Stance 4, Renewal 3, CC 3 seal Sharena stood in a fort wrecked Arden while getting no dmg. Ursula spams rally and Rein beats the shit of Arden while runming away with Azura's dance.

Edited by Quintessence

Just had a dumb thought. I think it'd be funny if they introduced the + version of movement assist skills that allowed you to use the assist skill on the enemy units as well.

For some reason Reposition+ sounds hilarious to me.

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Just had a dumb thought. I think it'd be funny if they introduced the + version of movement assist skills that allowed you to use the assist skill on the enemy units as well.

Kinda hard to do. Would complecate targeting enemys because need an extra menu thennto select what want to do. I think assists+ will come at some point but will have different effects. I can see Swap+ have a Link type effect buff. I can see Shove+ have a debuff kind effect. Repostion+ haveing a Guard buff effect and the opposite (forgot name) haveing a gravity effect on enemys within 2 Spaces. Smite+ i can see launching you 3 instead of 2 Spaces

7 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Unfortunately there's a UI problem in that the game would have no way to distinguish whether you're trying to use the assist or to use a regular attack. Maybe it'd be a fair tradeoff if you could only do it if you have no weapon equipped, but to compensate you could do things like shove enemies off cliffs or reposition them into water to drown them.

Maybe for scoring purposes, make a weapon like Lasso+ with 0 Mt but with the effect "Applies current equipped assist skill to enemy units".

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Also I haven't finished building up Eliwood but his weapon is magnificent. If I could fit him on my Matthew team (he'd have to replace Ayra and I simply can't do that.) he'd make him a terror. Imagine Hone ATK 4 on Inigo from NY!Hrid along with the speed boost from Gale Dance doubled by Eliwood's weapon and then the +6 DEF/RES from Spy's dagger effectively making for  +14 ATK, +8 SPD, +12 DEF/RES before supports, drives and of course Spy Dagger's effects.

Simply nonsense. I may do a special clear like that at some point just to be drunk on power. And oh yeah, I haven't even leveled L!Alm who's apparently the best infantry archer now... he's +SPD/-HP too.. guess I should get around to doing that...

Perhaps you could do a second team for Matthew with a FE7 theme. Like Matthew + legendary FE7 Lords. Or LA!Lyn / Summer!Lyn instead of L!Lyn for color balance. 

Congrats on +SPD Alm! He is very useful in Allegiance Battle. 

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

That would be hilarious! I'm always open to fun stuff. 

Smite+

:- )

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

In the corner of my mind this feels a bit hollow and... almost bogus for me to finally pull a 2nd S!Frederick just 2 days after giving Matt Special Spiral. But in my soul I feel peace and contentment. This was the B skill I always wanted for him, since the beginning. Before the refinery was even a thing, the moment I saw S!Frederick I knew I wanted his B skill for Matthew. 

lol, I remember when that skill came out, I thought of dagger units at the time (all dedicated debuffers except for Kagero) and how that may be the only Seal skill worth a damn. And I'm pretty sure I remember you agreeing with me on that point. It was just a very cool and unique thing for a unit to theoretically drop every stat. Now a F2P healer can do that to the entire enemy team if they're in range without fear of counterattacks.

Edited by Glennstavos

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

AR is the only mode they're any good in anymore, really.

It is true. I find I can't use my cavs as much for things like BHBs, GHBs, LHBs, etc. because the maps hinder their movement.

I find this in any mode except AR and GC. Cavs suck in most of the game now and need some help.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:08 AM, Hilda said:

You know what i find funny?

Legendary Eliwood was the last released crazy crazy good Cavalry and in terms of Cavalry unit he's the best one since Veronica. He's freaking bonkers

....also his best team isn't Cavalry. Story of my life

the only Cavalry released in the past few months thats actually amazing on Cav Team is the one i don't have.... Hrid rip

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You know what i find funny?

Legendary Eliwood was the last released crazy crazy good Cavalry and in terms of Cavalry unit he's the best one since Veronica. He's freaking bonkers

....also his best team isn't Cavalry. Story of my life

the only Cavalry released in the past few months thats actually amazing on Cav Team is the one i don't have.... Hrid rip

Veronica
Reinhardt
Brave Lyn
Hrid
Gunnthra
Leg. Eliwood
Sigurd
Legendary Ephraim
Legendary Eirika
also Eliwood has one sick refine
the list goes on

are all fantastic cav units with their special weapons/abilitys. But Cecilia is still amazing if you invest into her
Fallen Berkut is also a very interesting Cavalry unit. Also the new colorless Dagger cavs can be very good with the new "Gunnthra" Daggers.

I think Eliwood is very flexible you can run him in a Cav Team and replace his C-Slot, you can run him in mixed Teams too. Just the thought facing Bonus double Reinhardt Veronica Brave Lyn all in the same Team with the same Attack gives me chills. And thats quite doable.

I just realized that I have 5 flying dancers...I'm making a reserve set of all Flier Emblem and see where that gets me for SAs. With HS!Hinoka and Naga I have dragon effectiveness, armor is covered by S!Lyn, Clair and Caeda, Cavalry is taken care of by Clair/Caeda as well, and other fliers can be neutralized by S!Takumi/NY!Fjorm/S!Lyn/S!Loki. The only thing I'm really short on is mage fliers. Fliers remain my best team!

I know my merge projects outside of Xander, P!Leo and Haar. ALL my 3-4* fliers 😈

Reyson is already up there in merges, but now maxed HM. I need more 4* Subaki, since I've been sacking him for QR3. I have plenty of Shigure, Caeda, and Palla, but lack feathers. 

Well, no time like the present to clear out the easy and hard CC modes.