Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

45 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Nice~ If you were a true degenerate, you would have left her unmerged and had 4 Ophelias on your Def Team with 2 Dumas/Yunes~

Nah, my actual "defense" team is completely harmless (as in, it's just an unarmed male Robin and an unarmed bride Cordelia). I may start actually trying on defense again once my defense fort is Lvl. 4 instead of 3 (though that won't happen until my offense fort is maxed out) but knowing how I am with AR that idea isn't likely.

Also, I somehow actually got summer Lyn (but as +Res/-Atk, so bleh on that) when I tried for her again a bit earlier today.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Maybe quitting this bullshit game is the right idea. I can't win in AR anymore. I can't win in arena anymore. I can't clear harder maps most of the time. I just can't fucking do much of anything anymore!

I used to do just fine. Now I can't. I keep running into bullshit arena teams with enemies I can't kill for some reason, and instead they kill mine very easily in one turn. I'm using a team that worked fine before.

I'm just SO god damn sick of this stupid bullshit...

EDIT: Well, maybe this was just a bad week for me. I got a five win streak in arena finally, though with a lowish score. Hope things will be better next time.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

There's a Rokkr Sieges Thread so people will probably talk more about it there~

+HP, -Res is essentially Neutral unless he has a superbane in one of those stats since the extra HP will offset the lower Res. Mine was probably pretty decent (+Def, -HP) but I fed him to my M!Kana since I didn't see myself taking advantage of his niche too much even if his art is pretty amazing~

That thread is on page three of the forum or something, which is part of the reason I said I wasn't seeing much talk about the mode:P

That's the thing, -Res is a superbane. But it's not too bad, I'm sure happy it was him and not Thea or something.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

[+HP, -Res] is not too bad. +HP increases his physical bulk and somewhat offsets his lower magical bulk. Once you merge him, assuming he is only engaging one enemy at a time before being healed back up, +HP is his best defensive Asset since it increases both his bulk. Since he cannot be doubled normally, +Def/Res has less value compared to +HP. If he is tanking multiple foes, +Def/Res is still the best defensive option though.

+Atk is the best Asset in my opinion since he is an Omnibreaker cavalry against ranged foes with Quick Riposte, so he does not actually need that much bulk. If you need him to tank melee units too, then +Def/Res is better in my opinion.

-Res is a superbane though, so it's a bit unfortunate. Still, you're right that he should be plenty useful despite that. I am pretty happy that I got him.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I've found it a bit repetitive. I wish they did something to differentiate the three rounds.

I've found the rounds to be kind of different from eachother simply because they have different Røkkrs and thus require completely different strategies. I do think it's quite repetitive as well though, especially since you need to equip different skillsets all the time based on situation and this games menus for that stuff are just not that great. It's especially annoying now that there are other events running at the same time so the Renewal seal wants to be everywhere for instance.

Also, as @Nimrod says the rewards could use a bit of tweaking. I got a perfect score on my first battle in both rounds thus far, which means I got all the rewards after only one battle. They could easily add a few rewards without the event becoming too grindy, and we could absolutely use more sources of certain rewards as well such as Heroic Grails or Refining Stones. I remember the first Grand Conquest only went up to tier 20 and then they added five extra tiers later, I was expecting something similar to happen to Røkkr Sieges.

I'm a fan of the ranking rewards being only feathers, but the amount of feathers at higher rankings could definitely be increased in order to encourage competition. 

I just like to talk about this mode because I'm from Norway and thus have a dedicated key for the letter ø on my keyboard that I can write Røkkr with

Edited by BoaFerox

54 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I just like to talk about this mode because I'm from Norway and thus have a dedicated key for the letter ø on my keyboard that I can write Røkkr with

Not gonna lie, I'm jealous

Finally made Sharena a 5 Star and gave her a working set. She does really good in Arena so far. Was worth it. Sadly I am not inclined to fodder my lonely DC fodder for now. But She works just fine with Steady Breath. Also gave her Speed Refine on Fensalir. Only don't know about B skill. Have Renewal as a placeholder for now. Guard would be nice, but I don't want to use up too much feathers. 

Oh yeah, speaking of the Askr trio, I finally now have all three of their weapons refined. Alfonse was the last one. I decided since they're used in some FTP strats, it would be beneficial to give them their refines asap.

So yeah, I noticed this one guy has Infantry Rush at 4 stars. A lot has changed since I've been away, guess I should pull colorless again. Can someone give me a shortlist of the units/skills that have demoted in the last 6 months? I want to see all the potential new toys (like Mordecai apparently, him demoting is crazy).

@Anacybele The thing about quitting is that in most cases it's a gradual process, even if you go to the extreme of uninstalling you may find yourself reinstalling for one reason or another. Really quitting something is something you kind of feel inside, knowing you're done for real. Even then you don't quit right there and then. You continue to do what you're doing in the game and over the course of a short period of time it's less and less until at one point you just don't log in anymore. It's a natural process, not anything so abrupt.

...In my experience anyway. It was around a week or so after I made the post saying I was quitting before I actually stopped playing entirely. You may feel like you want to quit every now and again, but when it's really time to quit. You'll know it, there will be no doubt in your mind.

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The thing about quitting is that in most cases it's a gradual process, even if you go to the extreme of uninstalling you may find yourself reinstalling for one reason or another. Really quitting something is something you kind of feel inside, knowing you're done for real. Even then you don't quit right there and then. You continue to do what you're doing in the game and over the course of a short period of time it's less and less until at one point you just don't log in anymore. It's a natural process, not anything so abrupt.

...In my experience anyway. It was around a week or so after I made the post saying I was quitting before I actually stopped playing entirely. You may feel like you want to quit every now and again, but when it's really time to quit. You'll know it, there will be no doubt in your mind.

That's true. But even then, I'm not sure I could actually quit period... Not that Heroes is super addicting or anything, though I suppose it is addicting in a way, I just really like Fire Emblem. 😛

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So yeah, I noticed this one guy has Infantry Rush at 4 stars. A lot has changed since I've been away, guess I should pull colorless again. Can someone give me a shortlist of the units/skills that have demoted in the last 6 months? I want to see all the potential new toys (like Mordecai apparently, him demoting is crazy). 

Just going off the top of my head there is

• Brady with Infantry Rush as you've already mentioned. (Love being able to have Owain's Aether turn 1)
  • Mordecai has nothing useful at 4* but once you promote him he makes a fantastic support unit with his base (or any preferred) link skill, smite, and his weapon effect which will debuff all the enemies stats by 4
  • Reyson has great utility being a flying dancer but he also comes with niche but useful steady stance and a fortify beast.
  • Thea's performance isn't anything to write home about but she comes with Vanguard and is yet again another source for steady stance.
  • If we're including free units then Fiora is pretty nifty too with her base weapon if you can provide some chill/ploy/feint/ruse support and provides res/spd link at 4* (could give it to Mordecai's partner to buff all stats at once)

16 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Reyson has great utility being a flying dancer but he also comes with niche but useful steady stance and a fortify beast.

Reyson has Steady Posture, not Steady Stance.

@Zeo

no substantial demotes that changed the Meta much

Notable Brady for Infantry rush, which is situational

Mordecai is the most interesting because his weapon opens up aninteresting gameplay, especially when combined with Gunnthras Matthews weapon or the new Daggers

And Reyson if you want a conditional 3 movement Flier Dancer

Some Refines of older 4 Star units are quite interesting though 

6 hours ago, Stroud said:

Finally made Sharena a 5 Star and gave her a working set. She does really good in Arena so far. Was worth it. Sadly I am not inclined to fodder my lonely DC fodder for now. But She works just fine with Steady Breath. Also gave her Speed Refine on Fensalir. Only don't know about B skill. Have Renewal as a placeholder for now. Guard would be nice, but I don't want to use up too much feathers. 

For my Sharena, her skill set is a little different depending on the mode as each mode prioritizes different aspects.

Arena:
Fensalir [special]
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Bond

Aether Raids:
Fensalir [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Guard
Atk Smoke
Distant Def

For Arena, after a certain score range, the enemies become super easy because cavalry do not score high enough and a lot of units run score oriented skill sets instead of performance oriented skill sets. With enemies providing little to no pressure, it is easy to utilize Bonds for both Player Phase and Enemy Phase. Sharena hits 49 Spd with double Bonds and most enemies in Arena are rarely fast, so I run Renewal instead of Guard. Renewal helps get her HP back up so she can fight against the triangle to score bonus kills. Since enemies are not likely to kill you in one hit, Sharena can afford to drag out the battle and utilize Aether for more scoring.

In Aether Raids, utilizing close formation for support is just asking for high mobility ranged enemies to hit support units right behind the tank, so I switched to Spd Refinement to be more flexible with formation. Moonbow is used to kill enemies. Guard is for shutting down Specials from Lancebreaker Reinhardt and any enemy who is faster than her. Instead of Bonds providing Spd, 2 M!Corrins provide 12 Spd via Yato, Ally Support, and Drive Spd, so I run Distant Def instead on the Sacred Seal slot to better wall enemies.

I'd like to get a little something off my chest in here. It's not a rant or anything, at least not a big one.

In case it doesn't seem like I'd ever admit to it, I know I'm not a really good player in Heroes, and there's probably always going to be some knowledge I miss or forget or whatever. I wouldn't say I'm bad or I suck, as I have been able to clear some infernal and even abyssal difficulty maps on my own, and reaching tier 20 in AR isn't easy. And I go back and forth between tiers 17 and 18 in arena, and sometimes 18 and 19 too. But I'm not on the level of people who can be tier 21 and above in those modes and consistently clear stuff like infernal LHBs/MHBs on their own.

I may sometimes wonder why I'm not better than I am and why I struggle to improve, but...yeah. I just hope I find a solution to those struggles at some point. I don't need or want to be the highest tiers and ranks or anything, but I would like to be able to clear more content by myself in general. But admitting all this is supposed to be a good first step, right? And I've also decided the main factor behind my struggles may be that I've always had trouble processing a lot of information and getting into new habits. This would explain why I might forget to change a character's skills or seals or forget to check some things on enemy units and the map and not think to do a little math and stuff. And why I don't always pick up every factor in what happens in a battle, sometimes even just one round of combat.

If I can just work on my information processing and remembering to do some things more often, then maybe, just maybe... That can make a big difference. I think this is a Asperger's/autism thing, so it's probably not going to be easy, but...yeah. I'd rather take time to do this than keep losing battles a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd like to get a little something off my chest in here. It's not a rant or anything, at least not a big one.

In case it doesn't seem like I'd ever admit to it, I know I'm not a really good player in Heroes, and there's probably always going to be some knowledge I miss or forget or whatever. I wouldn't say I'm bad or I suck, as I have been able to clear some infernal and even abyssal difficulty maps on my own, and reaching tier 20 in AR isn't easy. And I go back and forth between tiers 17 and 18 in arena, and sometimes 18 and 19 too. But I'm not on the level of people who can be tier 21 and above in those modes and consistently clear stuff like infernal LHBs/MHBs on their own.

I may sometimes wonder why I'm not better than I am and why I struggle to improve, but...yeah. I just hope I find a solution to those struggles at some point. I don't need or want to be the highest tiers and ranks or anything, but I would like to be able to clear more content by myself in general. But admitting all this is supposed to be a good first step, right? And I've also decided the main factor behind my struggles may be that I've always had trouble processing a lot of information and getting into new habits. This would explain why I might forget to change a character's skills or seals or forget to check some things on enemy units and the map and not think to do a little math and stuff. And why I don't always pick up every factor in what happens in a battle, sometimes even just one round of combat.

If I can just work on my information processing and remembering to do some things more often, then maybe, just maybe... That can make a big difference. I think this is a Asperger's/autism thing, so it's probably not going to be easy, but...yeah. I'd rather take time to do this than keep losing battles a lot.

I am in the same situation as you, sort of. Surprisingly I am in Tier 19 of Arena which already surprised me, and Tier 18 in AR and can't get above. But I think that you shouldn't be frustrated that you cannot get higher. Sure it's a little bit annoying when you can't get higher, but then you need to remember: It's just a game. Just think about the people at the top, who probably spend a lot of money on this game, a lot more than you and I could probably afford, and then think about how for our doing, we're doing pretty good. Those tiers we are in still give plenty of good rewards, all it means is that our projects will take a little longer. The only way you can beat content by yourself is practice practice practice. Take it from me, I've taken simply hours even attempting to clear some Abyssal maps, and still fail, but when you finally do clear them, it is so intensely satisfying, because you have worked so hard to clear these maps. I have autism as well, and this is just something you need to get through, perhaps slowly. And you should also know that there is no shame in utilizing guides, even if they don't go exactly how the guide goes, you can always build a strategy around that. 

30 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I am in the same situation as you, sort of. Surprisingly I am in Tier 19 of Arena which already surprised me, and Tier 18 in AR and can't get above. But I think that you shouldn't be frustrated that you cannot get higher. Sure it's a little bit annoying when you can't get higher, but then you need to remember: It's just a game. Just think about the people at the top, who probably spend a lot of money on this game, a lot more than you and I could probably afford, and then think about how for our doing, we're doing pretty good. Those tiers we are in still give plenty of good rewards, all it means is that our projects will take a little longer. The only way you can beat content by yourself is practice practice practice. Take it from me, I've taken simply hours even attempting to clear some Abyssal maps, and still fail, but when you finally do clear them, it is so intensely satisfying, because you have worked so hard to clear these maps. I have autism as well, and this is just something you need to get through, perhaps slowly. And you should also know that there is no shame in utilizing guides, even if they don't go exactly how the guide goes, you can always build a strategy around that. 

I see, glad to know someone here is going through similar. And it's not so much that I want to go higher, I'm having trouble just maintaining tier 20 in AR. I'm surprised I'm still there right now, in fact. xP I don't think I can reach tier 21 in a long time, if ever, so yeah.

Whew, didn't expect they'd just give out a unit with DC for """free"""~  Wish he'd had a cooler B Skill like Null C Disrupt but M!Byleth seems plenty good for people who won't be able to get F!Byleth~ I certainly much rather the DC than Fury 4 with his already busted weapon~

Trust me, @Anacybele you aren't alone in the community on that front. There's tons of players like that. I'm one of them, I put in the bare minimum effort in AR and Arena. Bare minimum in AR means I average out at T 12-14 because I can't be bothered to keep up with that. It slows my grail income vastly, but I'll get those grails in the long run. For battles, I focus on clearing first, then working out strategies with units I've put effort into. It can be considered as a boring way to play, but that's my way. Arena, I'm lucky to hit T19 because I don't actively go for score.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Trust me, @Anacybele you aren't alone in the community on that front. There's tons of players like that. I'm one of them, I put in the bare minimum effort in AR and Arena. Bare minimum in AR means I average out at T 12-14 because I can't be bothered to keep up with that. It slows my grail income vastly, but I'll get those grails in the long run. For battles, I focus on clearing first, then working out strategies with units I've put effort into. It can be considered as a boring way to play, but that's my way. Arena, I'm lucky to hit T19 because I don't actively go for score.

That's good to know. I previously kind of felt like SF was full of expert players, and I guess I'm sometimes a little envious of the knowledge peeps like Ice Dragon have too (though not REAL envious). But maybe there aren't as many high/top tier players here as I thought. 😛

5 hours ago, XRay said:

For Arena, after a certain score range, the enemies become super easy because cavalry do not score high enough and a lot of units run score oriented skill sets instead of performance oriented skill sets. With enemies providing little to no pressure, it is easy to utilize Bonds for both Player Phase and Enemy Phase. Sharena hits 49 Spd with double Bonds and most enemies in Arena are rarely fast, so I run Renewal instead of Guard. Renewal helps get her HP back up so she can fight against the triangle to score bonus kills. Since enemies are not likely to kill you in one hit, Sharena can afford to drag out the battle and utilize Aether for more scoring.

In Aether Raids, utilizing close formation for support is just asking for high mobility ranged enemies to hit support units right behind the tank, so I switched to Spd Refinement to be more flexible with formation. Moonbow is used to kill enemies. Guard is for shutting down Specials from Lancebreaker Reinhardt and any enemy who is faster than her. Instead of Bonds providing Spd, 2 M!Corrins provide 12 Spd via Yato, Ally Support, and Drive Spd, so I run Distant Def instead on the Sacred Seal slot to better wall enemies

Nice to know. Outside of DC my Sharena is pretty close to the AR build.

I may give her Special Fensalir if there are no interesting refines in future..about damn time though, a few of my most important core Units from Gen 1 still have no refine...
I thought about giving her SPD refine for now because I want her to be more flexible for starter. I did not make much good experience with Bond skills for now. At least my worst banes are units which would be too dangerous if my units are close. 

Also have no Cheerleader unit for now. Well my Aversa is kind of a Reverse Cheerleader. And I want to keep her out of trouble if possible. I am still in a range which needs a bit luck on certain units. And Units I fear the most are units which would be dangerous for Units who use bond skills. At least from what I have for now. Like Legendary Lucina for example. 

@Anacybele I am for the most part F2P and I am slow at grinding feathers so my merge levels are low.  I recently dropped down to level 16 in AR because it is just getting annoying to me but I still need a bunch of grails so I still do it.  In arena I am level 17 or 18 and have been for most of my time playing and I am fine with that.  I play Heroes for fun so if I feel modes get annoying I don't do them as much as I used to.  I also take breaks from Heroes where I only get the orbs I can get from events and only do that then after a couple of months I play more.  

18 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

@Anacybele I am for the most part F2P and I am slow at grinding feathers so my merge levels are low.  I recently dropped down to level 16 in AR because it is just getting annoying to me but I still need a bunch of grails so I still do it.  In arena I am level 17 or 18 and have been for most of my time playing and I am fine with that.  I play Heroes for fun so if I feel modes get annoying I don't do them as much as I used to.  I also take breaks from Heroes where I only get the orbs I can get from events and only do that then after a couple of months I play more.  

Well, being F2P is one thing. I'm not F2P, though I do collect and use as many free orbs as I can before spending money. Still, I see.

On another note, I finished the one Fire Blessed Grounds I had left, so those are all complete now. I have one or two of the other three remaining as well, though I'm not sure when I'm gonna feel like tackling them.

EDIT: I had one Water left too, so I completed it! These gave me a lot of trouble before though. Huh. Guess I am I bit better and maybe got a few stronger units too. Anyway, I just have two Wind and two Earth to do at some point and I'll have finished the Blessed Grounds completely.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But maybe there aren't as many high/top tier players here as I thought. 😛

Im one of these, since im for sure not an expert. Which I'm okay with since I play for fun, using units I like rather than "good" ones. I dont really succeed in most challenges because of it, I just go for units I want to get and hope for the best, no "oh I want this unit for X skill" or anything serious.