Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Im one of these, since im for sure not an expert. Which I'm okay with since I play for fun, using units I like rather than "good" ones. I dont really succeed in most challenges because of it, I just go for units I want to get and hope for the best, no "oh I want this unit for X skill" or anything serious.

I do this...but only if I want to give said skill to someone else.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I do this...but only if I want to give said skill to someone else.

I dont know what "the best setups" are, so I just wing it. Like, I seen someone mention Legendary Alm being "broken". I'm not one of those that has to have him because he's an amazing unit, which I would consider a "casual" player. That's what I was saying, pretty much.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont know what "the best setups" are, so I just wing it. Like, I seen someone mention Legendary Alm being "broken". I'm not one of those that has to have him because he's an amazing unit, which I would consider a "casual" player. That's what I was saying, pretty much.

I mean not batting an eye at sacking a Karla to give Laslow Wrath simply because I prefer him as a character.

A bit late to the discussion, but regarding @Anacybele's comment about the game, it is a common feeling overall, it's just part of the ups and downs of playing games. It's also important to determine up to what point one wants to get, in other words, your target. For instance, I'd love to build an OP Micaiah because she's my favorite character but I'm not willing to do so due to the nature of the game, plus the abnormal amount of money I'd have to spend. I lived a similar scenario but I decided to just play for fun and receive what the game gives me, try to collect the characters I like and try to optimize them. Regarding other modes I just aim to get most (if not all the) presents, but I just sit comfortably between T18 and T20 on Arena, barely achieve the 7 win streak at AA, do one or two battles at Allegiance Battles just to get a decent score, reach 50k points on TT+ and so on. The only event I complete 100% is Forging Bonds because of feathers and merge projects. Other stuff I don't bother looking at is Abyssal content, because it requires time and effort I'm not willing to put to the game where I get rewards I don't consider necessary, but that's just me.

Geez, I'm starting to wonder if IS made another Surtr-esque mistake here. 😕

Speaking of OP stuff, I can't seem to kill fallen Tiki or fallen Corrin without losing units unless I have a Falchion user handy. And I think sometimes they die too! That is ridiculous. These two units are way too OP.

Halloween Myrrh is also difficult for me to kill sometimes, but I don't have as much trouble with her due to being able to use certain blue units and armor-effective units against her.

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hm...
Nah.

What Creator Sword does is disable skills that affect Special Charge, skills that enable or disable Follow-ups, or both if the skill does both. What it DOESN'T do is create an unfair advantage for Byleth: if you outspeed them, you still outspeed them. If you have a Special about ready to trigger, it will still charge and it will still trigger. And most importantly of all, it doesn't disable Counterattack-disrupting skills. They still need to equip Null C-Disrupt for that, which neither Byleth comes with by default, and it's still a pretty rare skill (just on Nailah), so you probably won't see it in lower tiers anyway, whereas higher tiers may opt to keep their default skillsets. It has no effect on Brave weapons, Vantage, or Desperation either.

It's not Guard. It's not Wary Fighter. It's... let's call it Null Fighter. If you don't have special charge hasting or follow-up based skills on your units, Byleth just has a plain ol' Prf Slaying Edge.

In Arena Assault at least, you can still pick a suitable counter to them when you're put on the spot. Someone fast, someone bulky, someone who can weaken Byleth until a literal maggot could kill them. I imagine my recent strengthening of Nephenee came at a good time. In any other mode, the only way you couldn't disable Byleth is if you don't take anything that can weaken or block them, which shouldn't be hard considering Byleth is likely to be yet another fast sword with good to alright Atk and Def, crummy Res, meh HP, and designs on your jugular.

...also Surtr isn't that big a deal. You know he's pretty weak to Red Mages, Armorsmasher, and chip damage, right? Heck, just throw Death Blow and the Poison Strike skill/SS on a +Atk Soleil and you're already halfway settled on a good Surtr counter. Lilina is a good option to, just gotta keep an eye out for the ones packing Distant Counter...
IMO, Ophelia was a bigger mistake than Surtr...

Edited by Xenomata

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, I guess this is to compensate for the base versions of both Robins and both Corrins all being on the under-powered side speaking of which, give F!Corrin a Prf already IS. Though, another part of Surtr’s problem is that his stats are min-maxed to basically perfection so I’m personally reserving judgment on Byleth until I see their stats later tonight.

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hm...
Nah.

What Creator Sword does is disable skills that affect Special Charge, skills that enable or disable Follow-ups, or both if the skill does both. What it DOESN'T do is create an unfair advantage for Byleth: if you outspeed them, you still outspeed them. If you have a Special about ready to trigger, it will still charge and it will still trigger. And most importantly of all, it doesn't disable Counterattack-disrupting skills. They still need to equip Null C-Disrupt for that, which neither Byleth comes with by default, and it's still a pretty rare skill (just on Nailah), so you probably won't see it in lower tiers anyway, whereas higher tiers may opt to keep their default skillsets. It has no effect on Brave weapons, Vantage, or Desperation either.

It's not Guard. It's not Wary Fighter. It's... let's call it Null Fighter. If you don't have special charge hasting or follow-up based skills on your units, Byleth just has a plain ol' Prf Slaying Edge.

In Arena Assault at least, you can still pick a suitable counter to them when you're put on the spot. Someone fast, someone bulky, someone who can weaken Byleth until a literal maggot could kill them. I imagine my recent strengthening of Nephenee came at a good time. In any other mode, the only way you couldn't disable Byleth is if you don't take anything that can weaken or block them, which shouldn't be hard considering Byleth is likely to be yet another fast sword with good to alright Atk and Def, crummy Res, meh HP, and designs on your jugular.

...also Surtr isn't that big a deal. You know he's pretty weak to Red Mages, Armorsmasher, and chip damage, right? Heck, just throw Death Blow and the Poison Strike skill/SS on a +Atk Soleil and you're already halfway settled on a good Surtr counter. Lilina is a good option to, just gotta keep an eye out for the ones packing Distant Counter...
IMO, Ophelia was a bigger mistake than Surtr...

I have trouble killing him if I don't use a red anti-armor unit like Bunny Palla, though. Maybe not quite as much trouble as I do fallen Tiki and fallen Corrin though. Those two can still go burn.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have trouble killing him if I don't use a red anti-armor unit like Bunny Palla, though. Maybe not quite as much trouble as I do fallen Tiki and fallen Corrin though. Those two can still go burn.

Yeah, he can be hard if you aren't using a unit built specifically because of them (Spring Palla's weapon I'm pretty sure was built as a PP method of taking on Surtr. Idunn is clearly the EP version of such), though it's not like the counters aren't available at all to the average player. Heck, even just slapping Triangle Adept and Axebreaker on Tobin is an easy extra counter.

Not like building units specifically to counter an oppressive force is anything new. I think some of my higher Res Greens still have their anti-Reinhardt measures equipped...

As for those dragons... hm... have you tried mixing your "Dragon killers" and your "Savage Pain+" medication? Throw in a dosage of "Hardy Bearing" if you want to be safe. Never know where that nasty Vantage virus may be...

I have got to stop speaking and typing in such odd ways...

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Yeah, he can be hard if you aren't using a unit built specifically because of them (Spring Palla's weapon I'm pretty sure was built as a PP method of taking on Surtr. Idunn is clearly the EP version of such), though it's not like the counters aren't available at all to the average player. Heck, even just slapping Triangle Adept and Axebreaker on Tobin is an easy extra counter.

Not like building units specifically to counter an oppressive force is anything new. I think some of my higher Res Greens still have their anti-Reinhardt measures equipped...

As for those dragons... hm... have you tried mixing your "Dragon killers" and your "Savage Pain+" medication? Throw in a dosage of "Hardy Bearing" if you want to be safe. Never know where that nasty Vantage virus may be...

True, I specifically built my female Robin to be anti-Reinhardt/Brave Lyn/Veronica. And I keep Bunny Palla around in AR a lot because I run into Surtrs and other armors a lot there. She's probably the main reason I'm tier 20 there at present. Her and female Robin, actually. They trivialized most of my worst threats.

Hm... then again, there really aren't that many EP Blue units who could safely counter either Byleth, are there...? A lot of them rely on automatic follow-ups, some even special charge hasting, for the bulk of their damage... I think Nephenee is really the only who can be considered a safe counter, since she has so much potential EP speed that she may outspeed whatever the Byleth's final Speed totals are... mine is at least, between her Steady Posture Prf refine, Kestrel Stance, and Darting Stance SS...

Good thing most PP Blue Tomes are naturally speedy, or are Mage Knights...

Yeah, they probably won't be overpowered against pp units. They are probably at worst going to be Legendary Alm all over again. Someone who hammers on the EP bubble. The vast majority of the skills it nullifies are EP staples. Sadly as an EP player this is going to hit me hardest. This to me is null followup all over again. The problem is that it works on both the follow up guarantees and the deny follow ups(same with the charging). If it only worked on the guaranteed followups or the +charge it wouldn't be bad. If it only worked on followup denials or -charge it also would be fine. Probably even a little weak(which is why likely had to bundle the effects together). But this is getting your cake and getting to eat it too.

All in all though I don't mind too much, it is a prf not something that everyone is going to have access to.  Null Follow-up is far more damaging to EP units and armors since it has far broader access in comparison. And even it comes with a fairly hefty opportunity cost in the form of taking up your B slot. It is one of those skills(like say the fighter skills) that I think would be really bad to become a seal, but is only very powerful when having to eat a B slot.

But anyways I mostly shared the image cause I found it funny. The sheer number of skills it impacts is hilarious. Even if not game breaking. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if another revision has to be released because the author STILL missed some even after all the feedback. That sword should be a paintbrush given with how broad a stroke it has.

Edit- I likened them to Alm, but it is important to note that not being a ranged unit and being red will probably mean their impact is probably less severe.

Edited by Usana

I think people make a big deal of Surtr just because of random encounter experiences. He used to be an incredibly huge pain when doing max scoring TT or something like that where you're unprepared to tackle him.

As for Tiki and Corrin. They're colorless so Falchions users aren't that penalized going up against them unlike with Nowi.

Edited by redlight

14 minutes ago, redlight said:

As for Tiki and Corrin. They're colorless so Falchions users aren't that penalized going up against them unlike with Nowi.

I don't always have a Falchion wielder on my team when I wind up against them though. Especially in modes like TT and AR.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't always have a Falchion wielder on my team when I wind up against them though. Especially in modes like TT and AR.

TT can be annoying, but have you considered running Marth in your team? He also works as a healbot.

As for AR... Tanking with stat stacking. That's the only general advice I can give for female Corrin. Chances are that if Fallen Tiki then armor units are there as well.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

TT can be annoying, but have you considered running Marth in your team? He also works as a healbot.

As for AR... Tanking with stat stacking. That's the only general advice I can give for female Corrin. Chances are that if Fallen Tiki then armor units are there as well.

No, but when bonus units include a lot of fliers or a lot of horses or something, well...it's probably better overall to run a flier or cav team.

I see, yeah, sounds like the only solution there when it comes to AR...

I really wish they increase the team amount or at least let us make teams especially for Rokkr Sieges.  Having to tailor 6 different teams for each particular boss is more trouble than it's worth.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I really wish they increase the team amount or at least let us make teams especially for Rokkr Sieges.  Having to tailor 6 different teams for each particular boss is more trouble than it's worth.

Really? I'm really comfortable with just one team, swapping one or two units. Legendary Azura and Summer Ursula are mandatory for buff/debuff/guard/refresh, I currently also run Linus as mandatory because he deals most dmg with double brazen, special spiral and Aether, but he's just a special case. The other unit is swapped depending on the enemy, for this set I run Cecilia with Daggerbreaker against Saizo and Linde, B!Ike against Hector, Sharena (Sturdy Stance 4) against Arden, and it's been pretty easy.

You guys are doing more than I'm doing. I just fight the bosses that are easy for my team to handle and pass on the ones that give the team trouble. I still have 20 stamina axes left that are just sitting there.

I settle for three top-10 ranks with each Rokkr event which is easily achievable enough with just autobattling using the same generic sustain team regardless of which enemy it is for 30-50k damage a pop. The only inefficiency is that I'm currently fielding Legendary Ephraim with no DC but I'm too lazy to switch him out (having tried regular Ike but he's just too fragile). The other three are Tiki and Nowi at +10 plus Legendary Ike+1. If this mode was any harder I'd simply +10 a Fae but there's absolutely no need for that as things stand. Not even worth inheriting Noontime onto people as I doubt it'd get me into top 3, so no gains to be had.

Some people might want the mode to be a bit more challenging, but if it runs alongside other events like right now with the TT, that's a no from me.

Edited by Humanoid

I only now just realized the implications of a personal Firesweep Smoke Dagger. Firesweep Bow is one thing, but unlike daggers, archers must choose between debuffing or out of combat damage and not completely as well. Similar deal to a hypothetical Firesweep Dagger since it would just have the usual Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of the target. A Firesweep Smoke Dagger would prevent counterattacks from anyone without Null C Disrupt, inflict Atk/Spd/Def/Res-6 on target and foes within 2 spaces, and with Poison Strike and Savage Blow as passives, be able to inflict out of combat damage. Firesweep Bow wreaks havoc and debuffing is probably not that important for a Firesweep Bow archer, but a Firesweep Smoke Dagger would be able to take it a step further.

On healers, Dazzling Staff healers cannot use debuff passives or Poison Strike, so while CYL Veronica can do a similar thing to Firesweep Smoke Dagger or rather, Firesweep Peshkatz, she can't go overkill on the out of combat on the target for what that's worth. Healers also need to run Wrathful Staff if they want to do damage like other units, but it doesn't really matter depending on what they do. On the bright side healers target resistance which is usually lower.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but it just occurred to me that you a dagger unit showing up with a personal dagger that is Firesweep Smoke Dagger could do a lot of damage by debuffing and inflicting out of combat damage.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... then again, there really aren't that many EP Blue units who could safely counter either Byleth, are there...? A lot of them rely on automatic follow-ups, some even special charge hasting, for the bulk of their damage... I think Nephenee is really the only who can be considered a safe counter, since she has so much potential EP speed that she may outspeed whatever the Byleth's final Speed totals are... mine is at least, between her Steady Posture Prf refine, Kestrel Stance, and Darting Stance SS...

Good thing most PP Blue Tomes are naturally speedy, or are Mage Knights...

Most enemy phase blues rely on QR to double, but tons of units like Brave Hector, Oboro, and Lukas, should be able to theoretically wall Byleth assuming they have reasonable attack, though Luna variants could be troublesome to deal with.

Alternatively, budget friendly builds that aren't necessarily optimal like Fury Renewal Shigure should have a positive enemy phase matchup against byleth, even if Byleth has enough speed to avoid the follow-up attack.

If there's one thing I like about Creator's Sword, its that it primarily disables premium skills like Warding Breath and Special Fighter, but relatively cheap skills like Fury, Vantage, Sturdy Posture, etc. are unaffected and still remain relatively effective vs Byleth. I hope more weapons like this are introduced since it could shift the balance of powercreep back to more reasonable territory. 

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I settle for three top-10 ranks with each Rokkr event which is easily achievable enough with just autobattling using the same generic sustain team regardless of which enemy it is for 30-50k damage a pop. The only inefficiency is that I'm currently fielding Legendary Ephraim with no DC but I'm too lazy to switch him out (having tried regular Ike but he's just too fragile). The other three are Tiki and Nowi at +10 plus Legendary Ike+1. If this mode was any harder I'd simply +10 a Fae but there's absolutely no need for that as things stand. Not even worth inheriting Noontime onto people as I doubt it'd get me into top 3, so no gains to be had.

Some people might want the mode to be a bit more challenging, but if it runs alongside other events like right now with the TT, that's a no from me.

DC isn't actually that necessary, at times it even saves any other unit of your team for being saved and not killed. For instance I prefer Saizo hitting Linus with Poison Strike and debuffs to make him get into brazen range faster and save Azura from being targetted. With no DC I even get 60 - 80k, granted without auto battling it.

I'm currently at 3rd place and hope to stay there because I ran out of axes, I find the mode really fun despite being easy, if only the rewards were a bit better :awesome:

MVPs

Screenshot-20190721-205645-Fire-Emblem-H

Screenshot-20190721-205654-Fire-Emblem-H

A unit that might be really awesome would be a maxed Chrom with double Brazen and Sealed Falchion or Masked Marth.