Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

agreed with you on that. This is why I personally hate cancel culture cause it predicates itself on the idea that no one is allowed to make a mistake. I mean no one is perfect and people make mistakes. We shouldn't judge people by their ability to not make mistakes cause that's an inevitability but rather their ability to learn from those mistakes. It depends on the severity of the crime but still. People make mistakes. Let them correct those mistakes instead of continuously trying to destroy them. 

For the record I’m not judging him. That’s up to the judge that puts him on trial and decides how he should pay for his crimes. If he can have a change of life and those who were affected by him choose to forgive him, by all means make it so. 

But as it is right now, he must face the consequences of his actions. And sadly, his work at Nintendo is not the only thing he’s going to lose. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Huh, I always thought that when someone went uncredited, it was by their own choice (or those acting on their behalf) or by the developer's mistake. Despite all the issues, it weirds me out that you're allowed to continue to just use someone's voice but not credit them, however badly that person may have behaved.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I did recently hear that that guy was controversial, but the article also showed him making a huge apology note to those he hurt. So it looks like he's changing his ways. I mean, sure he could be lying, but this apology message was huge and going out to several people. I doubt it's likely someone would go to all that trouble just to lie.

I'm on mobile right now, so it will be a pain to find the sources, but people said his apology came off as saving face than genuine remorse for his actions and that he blocked the people he was apologizing to. Him apologizing like such wasn't the first time as well. This apparently happened before, so as it appears, no, he hasn't changed. Additionally, there were some claims about him defending pedophiles and possibly being one himself.

Unlike Vic Mignogna's situation, there doesn't seem to be any evidence against the things he done.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Huh, I always thought that when someone went uncredited, it was by their own choice (or those acting on their behalf) or by the developer's mistake. Despite all the issues, it weirds me out that you're allowed to continue to just use someone's voice but not credit them, however badly that person may have behaved.

It's both with part of it coming from some of the voice actors being union affiliated. Some choose to go uncredited or use an alias for one reason or another. That is unless you think Jamieson Price (Hawkeye, Virion, and Zephiel), Kirk Thornton (Dorcas and Surtr), Laura Bailey, Minae Noji (Cynthia), Wendee Lee, and whoever else are awful people with skeletons in their closets.

Chris Niosi is the first instance in Fire Emblem where a voice actor went from being credited to uncredited for probably multiple reasons including breaking NDA.

Edit: NDA breaking: https://twitter.com/lashiec/status/1152721859625902082.

Thread with some other links to his exes' history on him: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/cg8tq7/male_byleths_voice_actor_is_chris_niosi/.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

He could only be saying sorry because his prior behavior is impacting his work now.

Yeah, pretty much anytime someone with a long history of bad behavior is caught and immediately apologizes, it's just for damage control. If they had a genuine change of heart, it's more likely that they'd come forward about it on their own.

Hope they recast Byleth and replace his voice work. Dunno how much is in Three Houses for them to replace, but I know it takes very little time for them to record FEH stuff.

Just now, Johann said:

Yeah, pretty much anytime someone with a long history of bad behavior is caught and immediately apologizes, it's just for damage control. If they had a genuine change of heart, it's more likely that they'd come forward about it on their own.

Hope they recast Byleth and replace his voice work. Dunno how much is in Three Houses for them to replace, but I know it takes very little time for them to record FEH stuff.

that would actually be a lot more work than you think, and a decent sized patch. They'd probably just remove his name from the credits of 3H, if anything 

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

tbf its actually only relevant if your min maxing for postgame which even then is full of alternative weaker options that "work". Honestly with high enough stats and rescue staff you dont need much in terms of pure optimization

Hmm, perhaps we had this conversation already some time ago? ^^' 

When winter comes, I'll play either Awakening, SoV (didn't finish those two) or I'll buy a Switch. 

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Speaking of M Byleth, the free one is available now if you've prepurchased Three Houses.

Thanks for the information. I just got him. I may wait to train him tomorrow, with the double SP.

Also, people got surprised with Summer Fiora's voice... but I got surprised with Male Byleth's voice! I didn't expect this voice on him.

So like.... if you have L!Eliwood... put him on a team with a dragon and... make all 3 other members of the team have the same ATK stat... just do it. Holy mother of God what is this power... this is stupid...

If I can figure out how to taylor this into an AR team with my Matthew... he'll be a God.

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So like.... if you have L!Eliwood... put him on a team with a dragon and... make all 3 other members of the team have the same ATK stat... just do it. Holy mother of God what is this power... this is stupid...

If I can figure out how to taylor this into an AR team with my Matthew... he'll be a God.

Unequip everyones weapon and A passive.

...even at +10 merge, I think there are still some units who outatk him if he doesn't have an Atk asset.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Yes, it is beautiful.

Especially when the units that share the highest Atk stat are Winter Fae and Marathon Runner Tiki.

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Both my Astra and Light Seasons are just having my Nowi, HS!Elise, Kana, Nah, Eir, and for now Yune have the sme Atk stat and just go to town~ I do it with Keaton, too, but his Atk is higher than everyone else, still works out~

Just wish I could get Picnic Leo in on the fun~

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Unequip everyones weapon and A passive.

...even at +10 merge, I think there are still some units who outatk him if he doesn't have an Atk asset.

My Matt's not that weak... He's at 47 ATK which is pretty freaking low though, +ATK would put him at 51. That's what Fortress Skills are for. We'll definitely figure this out.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, it is beautiful.

Especially when the units that share the highest Atk stat are Winter Fae and Marathon Runner Tiki.

God help us all.

...I need more Close Counter fodder. I'm looking at that Takumi Banner right now... really want to save for the Mythic though...

Odin, Serra, Saizo, Sophia, Faye.. So many of my units would love CC and who knows when the next chance for CC would come.

@Landmaster So far my choices in Matthew's attack range are pretty dangerous... if we're trying to make an AR defense team for one. Fae (normal/Warding Breath), L!Azura, Veronica, Reinhardt, L!Lucina... 

I'm really trying not to be that guy, right now.

Edited by Zeo

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Landmaster So far my choices in Matthew's attack range are pretty dangerous... if we're trying to make an AR defense team for one. Fae (normal/Warding Breath), L!Azura, Veronica, Reinhardt, L!Lucina... 

I'm really trying not to be that guy, right now.

My Light units are made to hit 50 Atk to match Nowi (Keaton has 51, so when I use him, he's the only one taking advantage). Astra is 53 Atk to match Nah.

I seen plenty of Cancer Cav strats with L!Eliwood, on Defense more than Offense, so no shame in being that guy~

53 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what his LHB did. Made it the most annoying and ridiculous LBH ever.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what his LHB did. Made it the most annoying and ridiculous LBH ever.

I didn't notice. Matt steamrolled it pretty quickly.

Wish I had tested Abyssal difficulty, that probably turned it up to 11.

Edited by Zeo

Regarding the Chris Niosi thing, I knew what could happen when I posted about the small update. All I wanted to do was put out information on the update. That's all. I added in links to my previous post, so if you want to look into it more, go ahead, but I will not talk about this any further.

As for Heroes stuff, I wonder if they are considering putting in a stronger version of Ruptured Sky as Rend Heaven. For whatever reason, the English localization decided to call it Ruptured Sky instead of Rend Heaven whereas it seems like the other localizations kept their original localized name for Rend Heaven. That being said, it could mirror how the faster, but weaker specials have a different name than the source skill like how Glimmer is to Astra, Bonfire to Ignis, Moonbow to Luna, Noontime to Sol, Reprisal to Vengeance, and Draconic Aura to Dragon Fang. In that case, a 3 or 4 cooldown version that has a stronger effect e.g. "Boosts damage by 40% of foe's Atk. If in combat against a dragon foe or beast foe, boosts damage by 60% instead of 40%." could be Rend Heaven for the English version of Heroes.

And I am also wondering if they would or when they will introduce a dragon or ranged unit with a personal Galeforce as their exclusive skill and a 4 cooldown Galeforce as a personal skill. And cue that happening for a colorless flying archer Reinhardt alt with a Dire Bow because why not. And then he gets demoted.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And I am also wondering if they would or when they will introduce a dragon or ranged unit with a personal Galeforce as their exclusive skill and a 4 cooldown Galeforce as a personal skill. And cue that happening for a colorless flying archer Reinhardt alt with a Dire Bow because why not. And then he gets demoted.

That would be fantastic. As a ranged Player Phase player, my options are limited to just damage Specials and Miracle. Imagine a Blade mage with Galeforce!

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

That would be fantastic. As a ranged Player Phase player, my options are limited to just damage Specials and Miracle. Imagine a Blade mage with Galeforce!

Something I thought about was an AoE damage effect or Savage Blow effect for a personal Galeforce if that would be possible. Wreak even more havoc!

Seriously though, a ranged or even a dragon unit with a personal Galeforce would be pretty neat since it would be unique to them as ranged and dragon units cannot inherit Galeforce. Not sure why dragon's couldn't in the first place. If anything, it would be harder for them to use since they don't have an inheritable Killer Breath and running Lightning Breath for Distant Counter would bump Galeforce up to a 6 cooldown special which back then before we had things like Heavy Blade and Steady Breath, would have been awful to get charged.

I wished Lyn was demoted. More chances to get Galeforce and I wouldn't have to sacrifice Severa's mom every time I wanted to get Galeforce onto someone.

Edited by Kaden

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

Don't even need that since even 2 superunit can be enough. You know whats the most hilarious part about the whole thing if you saw it that way?

The fact that it basically says "use him with Reyson and have 2 unit of your choice get steroided to megadeath"

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Yikes... they axed Chris as the voice of M!Byleth. It's a different guy in the trailer. It feels bad, man. I was a fan of TOME, one of his animated works when it first came out, it's more or less from my childhood so I know about the guy and it just sucks. I didn't know about how he was and maybe he sucked but what does it matter if he came clean and apologized and is trying to change?

This world is a contradiction. We preach about love, forgiveness, understanding and most importantly: tolerance, but the minute someone makes a mistake we crucify them and force them to wear it forever. It's not right.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Yikes... they axed Chris as the voice of M!Byleth. It's a different guy in the trailer. It feels bad, man. I was a fan of TOME, one of his animated works when it first came out, it's more or less from my childhood so I know about the guy and it just sucks. I didn't know about how he was and maybe he sucked but what does it matter if he came clean and apologized and is trying to change?

This world is a contradiction. We preach about love, forgiveness, understanding and most importantly: tolerance, but the minute someone makes a mistake we crucify them and force them to wear it forever. It's not right.

He alledgedly broke his NDA. Contracts are contracts, if true.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

As someone else implied, if his termination was more about NDA, then it's deserved.

Now if it's cutting him over the allegations with his ex, then yeah it's not a good reason.