• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I very much doubt they will do two banners in a row where nobody demotes.

"Generals of Múspell," "Brave Redux," "Adrift," and "Fire and Ice" were four consecutive New Heroes Foci without any demotions.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

"Generals of Múspell," "Brave Redux," "Adrift," and "Fire and Ice" were four consecutive New Heroes Foci without any demotions.

To be fair Adrift was the only banner where the demotion would be considered a option.

OCs were either going to be Limited or 5 Star Exclusive, and Brave Redux pretty much is following the steps of the Brave Heroes Stuff from Year 1.

... Also Changing Winds has a very random collection of characters from the same game... and despite all the things that had happened; a banner like this has always demoted someone.

The banners that don't demote people have a very proper theme to follow, and for the most part (except Three Houses Protagonists that it was instead more like a Cross Promotion Banner, and Adrift) these banners include characters from several games canons instead of just one.

---

BTW the only banners that had proper theme and it features characters from different games that had demotions are the first two banners (that are more like needed expansions for the early life span of the game, because it gave us characters from underrepresented games for the most part; except Klein).

Edited by Troykv

4 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I very much doubt they will do two banners in a row where nobody demotes.

demotes have been really really scarce since like 1 year

Not to mention the cleaning of the 5 Star pool where noone was demoted at all but shoved into special weekly banners.

I wouldnt count on demotes at all

Edited by Hilda

I just noticed how snug Mercedes's skirt is. I looked at her art again and I noticed you could see the outline of her legs. I don't think skirts work that way unless something is pushing them that way or she's wearing something see-through. It's so weird.

Anyway, 2D thighs aside, I don't know if I should build a Galeforce lance cavalry or maybe another Galeforce unit in general. Reds have CYL Celica, Eliwood, and CYL Roy, blues only have Cordelia, and greens only have Yarne. Colorless isn't really going to be an option until a later unit is added since Leanne is mainly a refresh unit and if I had him, I don't think I'd run Galeforce Caineghis.

Elincia, Hrid, Lethe, Siegbert, Tibarn, or Caeda and Meisterhardt I suppose would be an easy pick for reds, but that's already a lot of red Galeforce units and three of them would be cavalry if I go with Hrid, Lethe, Meisterhardt, or Siegbert. Tibarn is in a weird spot of he doesn't have an ideal asset and flaw and Sturdy Impact is really good, so if I ever get another Tibarn and that one ends up with a better asset and flaw combo, this one would likely end up being used for Sturdy Impact.

Blues have Catria, Clair, Naesala, Oscar if I promoted him, Panne, Peri, Shanna if I forgo the unique refinement, and I guess Roderick works. Also, New Year's Laevatein, maybe regular Ephraim, Nailah, and Nephenee could work, and probably most of the lance fliers. Never summoned Dimitri and legendary Ephraim. CYL Eliwood makes me kind of want to wait given his high offensive stats, but I know Ninis's Ice Lance doesn't have a Killer effect, so he would be able to charge it like Oscar or Peri with two hits with Heavy Blade. It also doesn't guarantee him follow-ups unlike with Dimitri and legendary Ephraim.

Greens have Cherche, Linus, and Raven along with Ylgr if I were to give her a Slaying Axe. I guess spring Alfonse and groom Marth work too and they would be the only speedy axe cavalry options. Perhaps Frederick or Walhart, but yeah, axe cavalry options are limited. Maybe Minerva, but that means forgoing Hauteclere's unique refinement. Gerome and Haar probably work too, but their attack won't be as high as Cherche's considering she has a personal Brave Axe and can be +Atk. Don't have an Amelia and even then, I'm not sure if I would want to run Galeforce on an armor as terrifying and hilarious as they would be. I vaguely remember a comment or two about Galeforce Surtr being a thing.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden I have build a lot of those units you listed with Galeforce, what are you looking for in general? 

Velouria is decent with GF and a great support for her support partner btw. You listed some armors, the only one I've made a GF unit was Legendary Hector. He is getting me some AR defense kills, but overall you should consider units with better movement rate. 

Not sure if anyone else does this but I sometimes forget that I've given a character the level 3 version of a skill after using the level 2 version for so long. For example, I keep forgetting that I gave Reyson WoM 3 and still operate under the assumption that he has the level 2 version because it's been a while since I've pulled a Cain.

24 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Not sure if anyone else does this but I sometimes forget that I've given a character the level 3 version of a skill after using the level 2 version for so long. For example, I keep forgetting that I gave Reyson WoM 3 and still operate under the assumption that he has the level 2 version because it's been a while since I've pulled a Cain.

I have given my Niles a pretty absurd amount of skills ranging from multiple breakers, guard, cancel affinity, ploys, threatens, drives, smokes, bonds, blow skills, etc. you get the point, but I always run him with a certain set (special spiral iceberg nuke) that whenever I need to change something I always go to skill inheritance just to find out I had already given him a skill but forgot about it. It's happened with other units too but Niles is the most notable.

Not exactly the same thing but close enough I figured.

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I have given my Niles a pretty absurd amount of skills ranging from multiple breakers, guard, cancel affinity, ploys, threatens, drives, smokes, bonds, blow skills, etc. you get the point, but I always run him with a certain set (special spiral iceberg nuke) that whenever I need to change something I always go to skill inheritance just to find out I had already given him a skill but forgot about it. It's happened with other units too but Niles is the most notable.

Not exactly the same thing but close enough I figured.

I assume it's a pleasant surprise when you find out that he already has the skill you're trying to give him. 

I've actually considered building him but just haven't pulled a good nature of him yet. Which asset is your Niles running?

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I assume it's a pleasant surprise when you find out that he already has the skill you're trying to give him. 

I've actually considered building him but just haven't pulled a good nature of him yet. Which asset is your Niles running?

Mine runs +atk. Spd might be considered better by most especially with his special refine but I love the extra firepower from the atk asset. Used to rock him as a neutral Niles before since the game refused to give me a +atk or +spd one until late into the 2nd year of heroes.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

I changed the default B-Skill of my Cordelia skill set from Desperation to Wom, but it was only WoM2. After loosing an AR match because of it, I equipped WoM3. But not in the skill set section, so a couple of days I lost another AR match because of it. 

Good luck getting more Cains, I've been lucky getting some in the last months (especially when pulling for BH!Roy copies). 

So why is Death Knight's VA listed as question marks? It's not the typical dash used for when the devs/localization simply don't want to credit the VA. So it doesn't seem to be that.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So why is Death Knight's VA listed as question marks? It's not the typical dash used for when the devs/localization simply don't want to credit the VA. So it doesn't seem to be that.

I’m guessing it’s so you don’t get clued in his real identity, whom I imagine share the same VA. 

For the record I don’t know the DK’s identity myself, so this is a guess, so let’s please not discuss this in this thread. 

Just now, Jave said:

I’m guessing it’s so you don’t get clued in his real identity, whom I imagine share the same VA. 

For the record I don’t know the DK’s identity myself, so this is a guess, so let’s please not discuss this in this thread. 

I wasn't trying to get his identity spoiled...geez. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wasn't trying to get his identity spoiled...geez. Sorry.

Oh, I wasn’t implying that it was your intention to spoil it. The second part of my post was a general statement made for anyone reading this thread. 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Oh, I wasn’t implying that it was your intention to spoil it. The second part of my post was a general statement made for anyone reading this thread. 

Oh okay, I see then. My bad.

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Kaden I have build a lot of those units you listed with Galeforce, what are you looking for in general? 

Velouria is decent with GF and a great support for her support partner btw. You listed some armors, the only one I've made a GF unit was Legendary Hector. He is getting me some AR defense kills, but overall you should consider units with better movement rate.

Just to have another Galeforce unit and to stave off the boredom. Mainly looking at blue and green since I have three red Galeforce units.

I don't know how I forgot about Velouria. There were some other units I didn't list like Lon'qu and Navarre, but anyway. For armors, it was just they exist and some of them can do it with their stat spreads and/or they have a skill allowing them to guarantee follow-ups and/or lower their cooldown.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Just to have another Galeforce unit and to stave off the boredom. Mainly looking at blue and green since I have three red Galeforce units.

I don't know how I forgot about Velouria. There were some other units I didn't list like Lon'qu and Navarre, but anyway. For armors, it was just they exist and some of them can do it with their stat spreads and/or they have a skill allowing them to guarantee follow-ups and/or lower their cooldown.

Haha, I know that feeling. I gave Valter Galeforce once out of boredom. 

Velouria is a great unit, but she has problems to one-round bulkier units without a damage special due lack of WTA. Anyway she is nearly a must-have on a team with beast Galeforcers who can't quad and have no Slaying weapons. 

My first green Galeforce unit was Cherche. Her ATK is high enough to run Heavy Blade on A in most situations (entertaining quad-sets aside). I like Raven and BH!Lucina as my Infantry Galeforcers, being able to use flashing blade seal almost makes up for the inferior movement type. 

I saw a lot of Naesalas with Galeforce, his weapon helps to deal enough damage without a damage special, he is a 3-mov flier and fast. Also Clair is a good choice. Flying, Mergable, effective weapon and inbuild Flashing blade is a great combination. 

If you don't need merges on your new Galeforce unit and Heavy Blade seal isn't occupied already, Summer Cordelia and spring Alfonse are good choices. I have them with good boons though. 

I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but it's irritating seeing Matthew only go from tier 5 to tier 4 on Gamepress after getting his refine. It's a reverse bladetome and you can do nasty things with it.

I know Lillina's Bladetome dagger can be inherited to everyone but you're telling me the likes of Jaffar and Gaius can use it better than him? It just annoys me that the general consensus is he went from "dirt bottom" to "slightly not bottom". I know it doesn't matter, tiers and all that. It's just, meh.

I really love Hilda's personality at least what we've seen in forging bonds.  When/if I get a Switch and Three houses first run will definitely be Golden deer.  Besides which Claude seemed the most interesting of the lords personality wise.

I asked this in GHB thread, but maybe someone can answer here.  How is Death Knight as a unit?  Worth 20k feathers to promote one?  His sprite is top notch whatever the case.   

45 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I asked this in GHB thread, but maybe someone can answer here.  How is Death Knight as a unit?  Worth 20k feathers to promote oneHis sprite is top notch whatever the case.   

I don't like that his weapon's effect relies on enemy buffs, that's what has keeping me from promoting him. 

If you watch yt videos, pm1 calls DK a "tragedy":

Spoiler

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I don't like that his weapon's effect relies on enemy buffs, that's what has keeping me from promoting him. 

If you watch yt videos, pm1 calls DK a "tragedy":

Reveal hidden contents

@Lewyn or if you don't mind a rather.... meme answer

Counters Fallen Tiki 10/10 best unit in the game

But yea i don't think DK is fully "bad" but his weapon is awkward, buff IS more common nowadays, but since he requires buff on enemy side, that means his weapon effect only "compensates" for the requirement instead of a pure addition to your power(maybe it'd be different if you give him Lull ATK/Def so your opponent only registers speed as buff which got non doubled by his prf but idk)