Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, redlight said:

Maybe Masked Marth? Since I started a new account in Spring I've never gotten him.

Needs to be someone you've never seen in a map, so it's possible. As a guide, these are the units shown page-by-page:

Page 1: Alfonse to Cain

Page 2: Abel to Gharnef

Page 3: Alm to Lewyn

Page 4: Eldigan to Zephiel

Page 5: Narcian to Fiora

Page 6: Florina to Spring Marisa

Page 7: L'Arachel to Naesala

Page 8: Nailah to Fly Olivia

Page 9: Henry to F Corrin

Page 10: Summer Corrin to Halloween Sakura

Page 11: Towel Sakura to Picnic Flora

Page 12: Keaton to ???

Marthed Mask in in position 17 on page 9 if you need to check.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I am pulling for greens and colorless, and I got BE!Camilla. I would normally be happy to get [+Atk, -Res] for a nuke, but I need a neutral for copying guides just in case. Probably kind of ridiculous trying to aim for a neutral copy.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I am pulling for greens and colorless, and I got BE!Camilla. I would normally be happy to get [+Atk, -Res] for a nuke, but I need a neutral for copying guides just in case. Probably kind of ridiculous trying to aim for a neutral copy.

Welcome to the club. I summoned CYL Micaiah as my first orb pick and she +Atk, -Def. It might be a flip-flop between CYL Camilla and CYL Micaiah, but because they both have A passives and Micaiah has an attack superasset and defense superflaw, you can't give them Fortress Def or Fortress Res with -Res being worse when only 5* units have it and call it a day like you could with CYL Veronica.

Space issues... I have too many 5*-only summonable and 5* guaranteed units i.e. 5* reward units now. I did a quick rundown and they make up roughly 23% of my 600 maximum total units.

Edit: And screw you, game. I stopped at six full summons for the CYL3 banner and blue orbs were scarce. Didn't get CYL Eliwood and what happens at the end of their paralogue? Eliwood giving a speech at the end about how he would like to meet again. Way to rub it in, game. At least I was able to get two 5* units from the banner: CYL Micaiah and a Myrrh for a myrrge.

Edited by Kaden

Messed up. I wanted to summon Colorless/Green until I get either Micaiah or Camilla, but after a little pause I picked the wrong banner. But I picked Camilla and I will leave the Brave Banner there. I need to save up anyway and these units don't run away. 

On the good side I realized that I finally can put a long time project I had into the next step.
I don't want to use Summer Camilla in my team with Beruka and Selena, because a Seasonal feels a little out of place there. And I realized that this Camilla might be actually a pretty good fit for Selena and Beruka. So I put these 3 together and now I have the last step to pick a Blue unit which works together with these. My biggest options here are normal Azura and F.Corrin. I have no 5* F Corrin so I added Azura to the Team, now a little few tweaks and this team is complete. Also Beruka still needs 3 merges.

The good thing is that temptations for this banner have gone. Now I just will save further.

Went ahead and picked Micaiah for free to complete Silver Emblem, plus I need more green mage fliers and always wanted her double effectiveness tome. Still no normal Micaiah but hey she's in the TT banner and the upcoming Drive Atk one as well so hoping for a free summon on the latter or something. Was hoping to get Eliwood in the first circle but nothing (and a lot of reds when Alm is the one I needed the least..)

Oh and I guess you can summon all Micaiah versions right now if you're lucky. And Magic training is up so I get to have fun blowing up armours while training her.

Kind of strange how having Yune in the background makes it look like I merged Brave Micaiah because of the background colour.

Edited by mcsilas

I'm so torn. Micaiah likely has the most overall utility of all of the CYL units for me. All of my Green Fliers are either +ATK/-SPD or +SPD/-ATK and she would fill a void there plus have unrivaled utility. But then Eliwood would be a beast slayer which would be super effective in not only AR but AA as well. But all that aside, in my heart it feels right to pick Eliwood as my choice because I picked Lyn and Hector the prior years.

Then there's the fact that the upcoming legendary banner has units I want in all 3 blue slots and no other colors making it really easy to snipe and Xander (for CC fodder) and Micaiah are targets on the dancer banner. Those factors on top of Kliff immediately breaking my rate on the CYL banner lowers the realistic chance of pulling anyone from it which leaves me seriously torn on who my free pick should be.

And here I thought I was going to get ATK/SPD Push 4 fodder for Serra.

@Zeo yeah it’s a tough choice to pick but i guess you could break down pulling priorities in terms of availability

Dancer Mic and Xander are only available for less than a month, with the former being one of the best dancers while Xander has the rare CC Skill these days. That said if you need a blue dragonslayer the. Legendary banner is good so do a few pulls on that first then go back to dancer banner

brave heroes get rerun a lot and at least get one appearance in the legendary banners. As for the free pick it is tricky but consider this, there are no generic beast units for Abyssals yet so anti-beast is mostly for PvP like AR. The anti-dragon can be substituted somewhat by whatever blue dragonslayer you get in the legendary. Plus brave units are in the normal pool.

then again, favouritism is also good reason. Love Eli’s art and him the most but my barracks needed Micaiah’s utility the most so even if i’m neutral on her i chose her since more double coverage is some i lack

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo yeah it’s a tough choice to pick but i guess you could break down pulling priorities in terms of availability

Dancer Mic and Xander are only available for less than a month, with the former being one of the best dancers while Xander has the rare CC Skill these days. That said if you need a blue dragonslayer the. Legendary banner is good so do a few pulls on that first then go back to dancer banner

I've never liked Micaiah, in fact I hated her when I played RD, I'm indifferent on her now, but I do have 2 Blue Micaiahs (one is +ATK and one is +SPD of all things so she's definitely a keeper.) and if I could snag Dancer Micaiah then I could just complete the trifecta of potency with Brave Micaiah which is honestly pretty terrifying. Then there's Xander... you know Serra wants that CC.

...You know Serra wants that CC.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo brave heroes get rerun a lot and at least get one appearance in the legendary banners. As for the free pick it is tricky but consider this, there are no generic beast units for Abyssals yet so anti-beast is mostly for PvP like AR. The anti-dragon can be substituted somewhat by whatever blue dragonslayer you get in the legendary. Plus brave units are in the normal pool.

then again, favouritism is also good reason. Love Eli’s art and him the most but my barracks needed Micaiah’s utility the most so even if i’m neutral on her i chose her since more double coverage is some i lack

Micaiah and Camilla are likely to be like Lyn and Ike from CYL1, re-run over and over and over and over again. Conversely, you only see Roy every so often and virtually never see Lucina. I feel like Eliwood would be in the boat with one of the latter two which is what concerns me.

For the Legendary it'll be easy to just take whatever blue the game gives me and bow out, especially after the catastrophe that was the Sothis banner. Funnily enough it's the Legendary herself that's the stinker for me, and that's a titan of a unit (avoiding spoilers if you don't know who it is).

My only thing with waiting on picking the freebie is that I want to use the Tempest to build that freebie up. Otherwise I'm just going to save up orbs until probably near the end of the month and then divvy out my orbs across the 3 banners as I see fit. I may still just take the potential L and grab free Micaiah. Then I could avoid green and red and just shoot for Eliwood and Camilla since Micaiah doesn't have any fodder I care about. It would suck to pull a Micaiah after using my free pull on her though. That's what happened to me with Hector. I love Hector, but I still have that Bold Fighter fodder to this day.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm so torn. Micaiah likely has the most overall utility of all of the CYL units for me. All of my Green Fliers are either +ATK/-SPD or +SPD/-ATK and she would fill a void there plus have unrivaled utility. But then Eliwood would be a beast slayer which would be super effective in not only AR but AA as well. But all that aside, in my heart it feels right to pick Eliwood as my choice because I picked Lyn and Hector the prior years.

Then there's the fact that the upcoming legendary banner has units I want in all 3 blue slots and no other colors making it really easy to snipe and Xander (for CC fodder) and Micaiah are targets on the dancer banner. Those factors on top of Kliff immediately breaking my rate on the CYL banner lowers the realistic chance of pulling anyone from it which leaves me seriously torn on who my free pick should be.

And here I thought I was going to get ATK/SPD Push 4 fodder for Serra.

i was really wanting to get Atk/spd Push for Serra too - but i keep waffling on it like. if it was really the best skill FOR her.
(why can't healers have damned better A skills i swear). 

31 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i was really wanting to get Atk/spd Push for Serra too - but i keep waffling on it like. if it was really the best skill FOR her.

Unless you're going for a Close Counter set (like I am) then the Push is your best bet. Even if you are going for a CC set Push is still your best bet if you don't have the fodder, honestly.

Just wait for stuff like ATK/SPD Rouse 3 and whatnot, then healers will get even scarier.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Unless you're going for a Close Counter set (like I am) then the Push is your best bet. Even if you are going for a CC set Push is still your best bet if you don't have the fodder, honestly.

Just wait for stuff like ATK/SPD Rouse 3 and whatnot, then healers will get even scarier.

i have another taco sitting here, and i was thinking that for my Countess
(what wand? Absorb?)

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i have another taco sitting here, and i was thinking that for my Countess
(what wand? Absorb?)

Well, there are quite a few units that would love CC as you know. Sophia, Odin, Robin, Saizo, Christmas Cecillia, ToD!Jakob, ToD!Henry, Matthew, etc. For the healers you've got Azama, Lachesis, Brady, Veronica and a few others. Serra is versatile however due to her spread so she can run CC relatively well also.

For Staffs, the typical Close Counter Vantage Pain+ Savage Blow combination is deadly on just about any healer. Otherwise her base Absorb+ is a great staff for her in my experience, but you can have fun with staffs like Fear+ or even Flash+ if you want to be evil. Flash+ activating in the EP ensures she and her teammates can both safely attack the units that attacked her the round before, something like that + Mystic Boost for sustain would be really annoying.

So yeah,

• Flash+
  • Absorb+
  • Fear+
  • Gravity+
  • Pain+
  • Ovoid Staff+
  • Witchy Wand+
  • Panic+

The girl's got options if you have the fodder. Just go with what feels right. As you can already tell from my Matthew/Morgan clears I'm partial to vamprism so Absorb was an easy pick for me.

Finally did my free summon for CYL2. Already have Hector and Veronica so the choice was between Ephraim and Celica. Decided to go with Ephraim because I can always use another Armor March unit and Garm's condition is easy to activate that I don't have to worry about him not securing KO's because he can't make follow up attacks. 

Also, pulling for another copy of SF!Nino got me copy of Cherche for her merge. Cherche likes to space out her appearances with me. The next time I get a copy of her is probably in a couple months.

Edited by Flying Shogi

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

There are also Solos, Bonds, and Forms.

I personally prefer Solos since I use my healers more offensively, and no adjacent allies is a pretty easy condition to fulfill. GR!Eirika and Sothis are Legendary/Mythic Heroes, so it should not be too hard to obtain.

Bonds are just horrible in my opinion for Player Phase combat. Forms are basically Bonds, but with more lenient positioning, but still not great for Player Phase since you need a ton of allies nearby to make it comparable to Solos and Pushes.

I am not a huge fan of Pushes since it requires active maintenance, although tier 4 is pretty decent since it lets the nuke attack about 4 times before running out of HP. To maintain it, you either need Absorb(only for tier 4)/Ovoid Staff and give up debuffs, run Martyr and give up some synergy with Desperation and Vantage units, or run Renewal and give up some damage output.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Well, there are quite a few units that would love CC as you know. Sophia, Odin, Robin, Saizo, Christmas Cecillia, ToD!Jakob, ToD!Henry, Matthew, etc. For the healers you've got Azama, Lachesis, Brady, Veronica and a few others. Serra is versatile however due to her spread so she can run CC relatively well also.

For Staffs, the typical Close Counter Vantage Pain+ Savage Blow combination is deadly on just about any healer. Otherwise her base Absorb+ is a great staff for her in my experience, but you can have fun with staffs like Fear+ or even Flash+ if you want to be evil. Flash+ activating in the EP ensures she and her teammates can both safely attack the units that attacked her the round before, something like that + Mystic Boost for sustain would be really annoying.

So yeah,

• Flash+
  • Absorb+
  • Fear+
  • Gravity+
  • Pain+
  • Ovoid Staff+
  • Witchy Wand+
  • Panic+

The girl's got options if you have the fodder. Just go with what feels right. As you can already tell from my Matthew/Morgan clears I'm partial to vamprism so Absorb was an easy pick for me.

Serra right now has the Lantern (from Erika). I want to get her Witchy Wand. (and the Marshmallows and the Kumade. Serra gets all). I tried to get her Candlelight/flash but no dice. 

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

There are also Solos, Bonds, and Forms.

I personally prefer Solos since I use my healers more offensively, and no adjacent allies is a pretty easy condition to fulfill. GR!Eirika and Sothis are Legendary/Mythic Heroes, so it should not be too hard to obtain.

Bonds are just horrible in my opinion for Player Phase combat. Forms are basically Bonds, but with more lenient positioning, but still not great for Player Phase since you need a ton of allies nearby to make it comparable to Solos and Pushes.

I am not a huge fan of Pushes since it requires active maintenance, although tier 4 is pretty decent since it lets the nuke attack about 4 times before running out of HP. To maintain it, you either need Absorb(only for tier 4)/Ovoid Staff and give up debuffs, run Martyr and give up some synergy with Desperation and Vantage units, or run Renewal and give up some damage output.

that's my problem with push. I do have Atk/Spd Solo (because I am like you, I like the Offensive healer).  I wasn't sure if i should buy a Louise for the Bond. but. again just wasn't sure. 

35 minutes ago, Usana said:

Well I now I have seen it all

Don't play against her. I am pretty sure flying is cheating.

Meanwhile somewhere far away and hopefully with no one nearby to see him, Alm falling off his bicycle. I guess this is why we never see Alm as a mounted unit.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Well I now I have seen it all

Don't play against her. I am pretty sure flying is cheating.

58 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Meanwhile somewhere far away and hopefully with no one nearby to see him, Alm falling off his bicycle. I guess this is why we never see Alm as a mounted unit.

I've found people for my dreamed of sports banner now! Two down, three to go.

And wasn't there a photoshop of FEH Walhart's head onto a baseball player?

You know, you could probably do this with a whole bunch of old character arts, if you looked/tried to imagine it hard enough.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know, you could probably do this with a whole bunch of old character arts, if you looked/tried to imagine it hard enough.

There’s an old edit of Camus. It was either canoeing or playing pool

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soeda Ippei drew Walhart as a baseball player.

29 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

btw, did anyone remember if the last year's dancer banner brings new inheritable ABC skill other than the B dance skills? 

Besides the Dancer B skills...

>Micaiah did not have any new skills at the time.
>Ryoma brought Spur Spd/Res.
>Elincia did not have new skills at the time.
>Xander brought Odd Def Wave.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Besides the Dancer B skills...

>Micaiah did not have any new skills at the time.
>Ryoma brought Spur Spd/Res.
>Elincia did not have new skills at the time.
>Xander brought Odd Def Wave.

Oh, interesting, I also noticed the pattern in tier 4 skills appearances, starting from  Rulers of Laguz banner as early January banner, it's like this: 

Early January: Yes (Sturdy Impact)

Late January: No

Early February: Yes (Fury 4)

Late February: No

Early March: Yes  (Hone Speed 4 and Fortress Def Res 3)

Late March: No

Early April: Yes (Distant Def 3)

Late April: No

Early May: Yes (Warding Stance 4)

Late May: No

Early June: No 

Late June: Yes (Mirror Impact and Swift Sparrow 3)

Early July: Yes (Brazen Atk Spd 4)

Late July: No

Early August: No

Late July: Yes (Atk Spd Push 4, Atk Res Bond 4)

So probably there is new pattern since June, and the new september special heroes banner may have new tier 4 skills, but also may not. Also, both first year and  second year dancer banner were all infantry units, so we may get another all infantry banner this year too-all flying dancers were alts.