Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Well, there are quite a few units that would love CC as you know.  For the healers you've got Azama, Lachesis, Brady, Veronica

Azama does not want Close Counter and its wasted on him. Azama wants Fortress Def/Res so he can become even more bulky. He does not have the offense to hurt anyone remotly, he has though the potential to troll and stall everyone with witchy wand and a very bulky setup.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, XRay said:

There are also Solos, Bonds, and Forms.

I personally prefer Solos since I use my healers more offensively, and no adjacent allies is a pretty easy condition to fulfill. GR!Eirika and Sothis are Legendary/Mythic Heroes, so it should not be too hard to obtain.

Bonds are just horrible in my opinion for Player Phase combat. Forms are basically Bonds, but with more lenient positioning, but still not great for Player Phase since you need a ton of allies nearby to make it comparable to Solos and Pushes.

I am not a huge fan of Pushes since it requires active maintenance, although tier 4 is pretty decent since it lets the nuke attack about 4 times before running out of HP. To maintain it, you either need Absorb(only for tier 4)/Ovoid Staff and give up debuffs, run Martyr and give up some synergy with Desperation and Vantage units, or run Renewal and give up some damage output.

I agree that Solos are better for player phase units, but we lived in the times of tier 4 skills, which sometimes are 2 in 1 pack skills. Atk/Res bond has been proven to be two in one skill, but we can't say it's definitely the same for Atk/Spd Bond , like for Mirror and Sturdy impact which not only gives the stat boost but also cancels enemy follow up, but the enemy follow up effect wasn't with Swift Sparrow 3.  For me, it will depend highly if Atk/Spd Bond 4 is 2 in 1 skill when Atk Spd Solo 4 are not before saying for certain solos are better.

37 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Azama does not want Close Counter and its wasted on him. Azama wants Fortress Def/Res so he can become even more bulky. He does not have the offense to hurt anyone remotly, he has though the potential to troll and stall everyone with witchy wand and a very bulky setup.

I figured it would be a good use of the Pain+ staff for him. 

Also passing thought, being one of the first units to get a refine, I feel bad that Lyn hasn't stood the test of time as a unit. When I think about how outdated her Brash/Desp 4 refine is I think about what her refine would be today. Probably something like

"HP≥ 50% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack. Deals +10 Damage when special triggers."

In the meta where units can just start doubling for free without the need to take a hit, Lyn's weapon is horribly outdated. This would patch it up, though Swift Sparrow 3 instead of the Wo Dao+ effect would probably be better for her. She loses the Wrath synergy but there are other B-Skills that can be ran in it's place.

...Or we could just give her the Mani Katti with dual effectiveness against Armor/Cavs like Micaiah is getting (hint: she had it before her) and some sort of other busted skill to round it out.

...Probably still wouldn't be enough.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I figured it would be a good use of the Pain+ staff for him. 

Also passing thought, being one of the first units to get a refine, I feel bad that Lyn hasn't stood the test of time as a unit. When I think about how outdated her Brash/Desp 4 refine is I think about what her refine would be today. Probably something like

"HP≥ 50% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack. Deals +10 Damage when special triggers."

In the meta where units can just start doubling for free without the need to take a hit, Lyn's weapon is horribly outdated. This would patch it up, though Swift Sparrow 3 instead of the Wo Dao+ effect would probably be better for her. She loses the Wrath synergy but there are other B-Skills that can be ran in it's place.

...Or we could just give her the Mani Katti with dual effectiveness against Armor/Cavs like Micaiah is getting (hint: she had it before her) and some sort of other busted skill to round it out.

...Probably still wouldn't be enough.

dont know, Lyn is one B-Slot away from being pretty good.

put in Push Attack Spd, Rend Heaven, Wrath, Pulse Time  and Brazen Attack/SPD and she will prolly double most units running Null Follow up and activate Rend Heaven on every combat due to times pulse 3, she prolly slaughters every dragon and beast unit that way. Though Push attack/spd needs some support because it deactivates below 25%

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I agree that Solos are better for player phase units, but we lived in the times of tier 4 skills, which sometimes are 2 in 1 pack skills. Atk/Res bond has been proven to be two in one skill, but we can't say it's definitely the same for Atk/Spd Bond , like for Mirror and Sturdy impact which not only gives the stat boost but also cancels enemy follow up, but the enemy follow up effect wasn't with Swift Sparrow 3.  For me, it will depend highly if Atk/Spd Bond 4 is 2 in 1 skill when Atk Spd Solo 4 are not before saying for certain solos are better.

Unless they remove the adjacency requirement from Atk/Spd Bond, Solos will always be better. It does not matter if Atk/Spd Bond 4 gives Atk/Spd+20 or any additional bells and whistles. Adjacency requirement is incompatible with Player Phase nukes.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless they remove the adjacency requirement from Atk/Spd Bond, Solos will always be better. It does not matter if Atk/Spd Bond 4 gives Atk/Spd+20 or any additional bells and whistles. Adjacency requirement is incompatible with Player Phase nukes.

For a moment I thought you were saying under any circunstances Solos are better... I need to sleep (?)

Just realized I never did the Naga MHB. I wasn't here for it. I've never even seen the map so it'll actually be two different new maps for me to tackle at the end of the month. Twice the orbs, too~

Been running my newly built Matthew(the refine is rad) with Eliwood package with Brave Eliwood as bonus unit and its pretty darn fun. If the enemy didn't get debuffed by Legendary, i have Eliwood rally. Bonus stats Legendary Eliwood is great and effective weapon on a stats monster is amusing

still kinda wish Brave Eli is as busted as Leg Eli sometimes but eh

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

My daily quests and Tempest Trials quests just... reset somehow? I had already done them today, but suddenly the Home Screen looked just like the daily reset happened again.

I even have the double points for Tempest again as well. Is this happening for anyone else? Is there some glitch on the server?

EDIT: There is definitely something wrong, the daily banner is gone and my Lost Lore finished even though it had over 10 hours left. Someone must have activated a daily reset by mistake.

EDIT2: Seems they "fixed" it, but I was able to get an extra bonus run in tempest because of it. Also, Lost Lore now has over 40 hours left to complete.

Edited by BoaFerox

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

My daily quests and Tempest Trials quests just... reset somehow? I had already done them today, but suddenly the Home Screen looked just like the daily reset happened again.

I even have the double points for Tempest again as well. Is this happening for anyone else? Is there some glitch on the server?

EDIT: There is definitely something wrong, the daily banner is gone and my Lost Lore finished even though it had over 10 hours left. Someone must have activated a daily reset by mistake.

EDIT2: Seems they "fixed" it, but I was able to get an extra bonus run in tempest because of it. Also, Lost Lore now has over 40 hours left to complete.

Were you able to summon on the daily banners again?

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Were you able to summon on the daily banners again?

No, but the daily banner for today was gone (not replaced by a new one) and every other banner had one day less left.

Everything is back to the way it's supposed to be now, exept my current session in Lost Lore will still take abnormally long to finish.

et8rvQPl.png

I should probably just cancel and send them out again, but I am kind of tempted to see how the game handles this.

EDIT: I see I still have one x3 bonus run left for Tempest Trials now too, even though I am certain I did both my bonus runs before this weird reset happened today. My Dueling Swords have also been restored, even though I spent them all when I did the daily quest later today. Did this really not happen to anyone else? I figured it was some kind of server issue that would affect everyone, but they still haven't mentioned anything about it on the notification board. I asked one of my friends who play Heroes and they said it happened to them, but I haven't seen anyone mention it on reddit or here. I sent an inquiery in the game, but they answered that they didn't fully understand the issue and wanted more information, so it seems like something they weren't fully aware of either? Could this somehow happen only to players in a certain region or something?

Edited by BoaFerox

54 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Let all us vote for Gatekeeper in the CYL 4! 560905350081937409.png.17bedb0b8ac695075931c66a9e9f90dd.png

Where did you get that Julia mote? It's so cute xD

I was looking through my box to see if there are other decently fast axe cavaliers other than BB!Marth that I can use for TT and the answer is basically no. I have Titania but I use her enough that I don't have to worry about her not capping HM. 

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

According to the leaks, Spring Bruno will be in the August's Legendary Banner.

not saving for Spring Bruno... the original Bruno!!!  He is now the next highest placed male character that isnt in the game after CYL 3

Did you know Brave Alm can potentially run a 75 might Brave Sword?

54 might from +atk and +10 merge. 3 from any atk+ seal. 1 from dragonflower. 2 from seasonal Legendary Hero Atk blessing. Lastly, 15 extra damage from Scendscale. Or just throw a Rally Atk+ at him.

Scendscale sure is strong, isn't it... just a random thought I had while looking at my units.

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

not saving for Spring Bruno... the original Bruno!!!  He is now the next highest placed male character that isnt in the game after CYL 3

I will be extremely surprised if they make Bruno available both before his story arc ends and separately from regular Veronica.

My weird time-travelling glitch yesterday seems to have made it so I got no bonus runs in Tempest Trials today, and the daily quests were already completed. My dueling crests also didn't restore, but I did get the log-in bonuses as normal (because I didn't get them yesterday). In the end I seem to get exactly the same amount of rewards as everyone else, exept one day early. The only real inconvenience is that Lost Lore took more than twice as long to finish (though I could have probably avoided that by choosing Cancel early, I wanted to see what would happen), and that I had to spend a Dueling Crest to even play Arena at all today.

I didn't think this could happen as an isolated case like this considering the game constantly connects to a server, but just before the glitch occured I remember my phone asking for a pin-code to unlock it because it "hadn't been used for more than 24 hours", even though I had used it just a few minutes ago to play Heroes. Could this have something to do with the glitch? Is connecting to the server not always necessary to advance to a new day in Heroes? I think I remember something about hackers discovering future special maps more than a year ago by "hacking themselves to a future date", could this be similar to that?