Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

True to form, Hilda was the last person to max out on the FB event. She stayed well below 2000 until after Hubert and Mercedes capped and Petra was at 3000. Those grails netted me Xander's 7th merge. Only another 1050 grails to max him. Then I'll prioritize either P!Leo or Haar as my next grail project. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, silverserpent said:

Well, 1500 is, roughly enough for 6 copies of a unit at least. 1750 will give you 7. 

Yep, waiting for the 1750 mark is what I've been doing since it's the benchmark for +10ing a GHB unit. Only started doing ARs in May so I'm a long way behind most players. 2700 for a TT unit is just too much for me and as such is off the table.

That said, I don't really have a firm candidate at the moment. Aversa I know is probably the best objective choice, but I really don't like looking at her. Might do it anyway, but with a wince. Kronya is probably the fallback choice as the other GHB unit that has unique utility.

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yep, waiting for the 1750 mark is what I've been doing since it's the benchmark for +10ing a GHB unit. Only started doing ARs in May so I'm a long way behind most players. 2700 for a TT unit is just too much for me and as such is off the table.

That said, I don't really have a firm candidate at the moment. Aversa I know is probably the best objective choice, but I really don't like looking at her. Might do it anyway, but with a wince. Kronya is probably the fallback choice as the other GHB unit that has unique utility.

As I'm not a fan of either Kronya or Aversa, they're likely to stay unmerged for the foreseeable future. Kronya is currently at lv 1 4* still and Aversa is 4* 32. I should upgrade Aversa for f2p guides...but I don't want to.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

As I'm not a fan of either Kronya or Aversa, they're likely to stay unmerged for the foreseeable future. Kronya is currently at lv 1 4* still and Aversa is 4* 32. I should upgrade Aversa for f2p guides...but I don't want to.

I promoted one copy each to 5* but a further 200k feathers each is a different thing altogether. Especially since they'll also want premium SI (CC, Red Duel Flier) to shine in their roles.

Thing is, looking down the list, no one else really leaps out. BK is an objectively good choice but I have no interest in building a strong armour team. Camus would have some appeal if I didn't already +10 Oscar. Ares at his current +5 is probably already more effective than Xander could ever be. Cherche's availability means I have no reason to go for Michalis, likewise Reinhardt and L'Arachel over Ursula and Raven over Linus/Legion. People complain about too many grail units they want to build, meanwhile I'm struggling to justify even my first choice (excluding the two Marthed Masks I bought to complete my +10). Picking my favourites doesn't work because there are no characters I particularly favour in this bunch.

So yeah, it's slim pickings. It's why I've been taking the wait-and-see approach, but it's hard to justify continuing to save past the point where I could get the +10 done. Even if I were to include TT units, the additional options are still fairly marginal. Bride Marth, Azura Titania and Louise I guess. (Loki would be here if she was shapeshifted into someone else 😛) In the meantime, I've promoted Raven, Kronya, Brady, Clair and Boey over the last couple of weeks because I'm not committed to any particular project at the moment and am freely frittering away feathers.

17 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I promoted one copy each to 5* but a further 200k feathers each is a different thing altogether. Especially since they'll also want premium SI (CC, Red Duel Flier) to shine in their roles.

Thing is, looking down the list, no one else really leaps out. BK is an objectively good choice but I have no interest in building a strong armour team. Camus would have some appeal if I didn't already +10 Oscar. Ares at his current +5 is probably already more effective than Xander could ever be. Cherche's availability means I have no reason to go for Michalis, likewise Reinhardt and L'Arachel over Ursula and Raven over Linus/Legion. People complain about too many grail units they want to build, meanwhile I'm struggling to justify even my first choice (excluding the two Marthed Masks I bought to complete my +10). Picking my favourites doesn't work because there are no characters I particularly favour in this bunch.

So yeah, it's slim pickings. It's why I've been taking the wait-and-see approach, but it's hard to justify continuing to save past the point where I could get the +10 done. Even if I were to include TT units, the additional options are still fairly marginal. Bride Marth, Azura Titania and Louise I guess. (Loki would be here if she was shapeshifted into someone else 😛) In the meantime, I've promoted Raven, Kronya, Brady, Clair and Boey over the last couple of weeks because I'm not committed to any particular project at the moment and am freely frittering away feathers.

Ursula is one I wouldn't mind getting to +10 since she was a staple to my early game. But I already have 4 blues that are over +5, that she's on the back burner.

Boey is a non-grail I'd love to +10, especially now he has his refine. One arena run, three units suicided on him and it was great: Reinhardt, Brave Lyn and I think it was Nephenee. Only one he couldn't kill was BK and I left that guy to Dimitri. But it's awesome seeing high merge units just kill themselves on a +0 Boey. I did have him on a fort tile, but still. Give him the QR seal and he's ready to reap anything physical, Renewal heals up what little damage he takes.

No way should you +10 Aversa if you dislike her. +10ing is a favouritism move, not one for the meta. Go for your favourite, with half an eye on avoiding overlapping roles with other star units.

33 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

No way should you +10 Aversa if you dislike her. +10ing is a favouritism move, not one for the meta. Go for your favourite, with half an eye on avoiding overlapping roles with other star units.

To be fair, she's not competing with any favourites because I'm pretty much done with my +10ing those that are available (i.e. pullable at 3-4*). Sure, neutral is better than dislike, but to counter that, I really like fielding fliers and she is the only mergeable flying mage. That, and the dislike is based purely on presentation.

For context, I've already gotten Palla and Cherche there and fully intend to complete the colour triangle with Cordelia or Shigure once they get their refines. The grey option if I don't use a dancer is Eir - there are no F2P options for me since I don't want Loki or Camilla either (same problem as Aversa).

On that topic actually, I wonder if there are any other likely candidates to be a GHB flying mage. I can't think of any, but my experience with the older FE games is very limited. Any veterans want to chime in here?

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

On that topic actually, I wonder if there are any other likely candidates to be a GHB flying mage. I can't think of any, but my experience with the older FE games is very limited. Any veterans want to chime in here?

None really canon aside from Aversa. There are armored mages tho

Hacked together this image of my current +10s (plus one in progress) as a visual aid. No grey column because I have no greys. Other than Aversa and the flying lancer I'm waiting for refines on, I'm thinking my options are Tailtiu, Reinhardt, Raven, Fae, Klein, Kronya. Frederick when he gets a refine.

atXW0eO.png

Edited by Humanoid

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hacked together this image of my current +10s (plus one in progress) as a visual aid. No grey column because I have no greys. Other than Aversa and the flying lancer I'm waiting for refines on, I'm thinking my options are Tailtiu, Reinhardt, Raven, Fae, Klein, Kronya. Frederick when he gets a refine.

atXW0eO.png

OH, that's really cool and an interesting idea! I may do something like this as well!

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

OH, that's really cool and an interesting idea! I may do something like this as well!

Here's the spreadsheet behind it if it helps:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pf-kzMF1K3yfyOSjcSvFxPRnGz6AZOwFgSW1eGXAsI0/edit?usp=sharing

The unit portraits I just copied directly from the front page of the Gamepedia FEH site.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Here's the spreadsheet behind it if it helps:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pf-kzMF1K3yfyOSjcSvFxPRnGz6AZOwFgSW1eGXAsI0/edit?usp=sharing

The unit portraits I just copied directly from the front page of the Gamepedia FEH site.

Thanks! I will do one of these and share here as well!

@Humanoid, also are they all 5★+10 or some of them are 4★?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Galaxy Brain: Didn't realize until seeing a certain post on reddit that Bonus Doubler effects stack. 

Meaning L!Marth can run his Falchion for Bonus Doubler, run Bonus Doubler in the A slot and then have L!Eliwood for support for.... bonus Quadrupler. 

Then run him on a tactics team for... +24 to all stats if he's buffed. WTH.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Humanoid, also are they all 5★+10 or some of them are 4★?

All five-star, but Ares is only +5 since he's been really rare for me. I included him because for the purposes of planning my next merge project, the sword cav slot is filled.

I probably have over a dozen 4*+10 units (essentially all old 3-4* pool units that don't have good SI value) but only a few of them are actually built with a full five-star quality skillset and thus get actual use: Olivia, Est, Frederick, Titania, Soren, Felicia.

26 minutes ago, Usana said:

Though the presence of Oscar may make this more of a meme thread post.

Man, Oscar has really let himself go recently.

Edited by Humanoid

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Galaxy Brain: Didn't realize until seeing a certain post on reddit that Bonus Doubler effects stack. 

Meaning L!Marth can run his Falchion for Bonus Doubler, run Bonus Doubler in the A slot and then have L!Eliwood for support for.... bonus Quadrupler. 

Then run him on a tactics team for... +24 to all stats if he's buffed. WTH.

What I think would be fun...

>Legendary Marth
>Legendary Eliwood (base kit on him, so as long as Marth is the strongest he should provide +6 all stats and Bonus Doubler for Bonus... Quadrupler?)
>Kaden (+6 to all stats so long as he's buffed, in addition to any Drives he has on his person. He also triggers Vision of Arcadia for Eli)
>Male Corrin Spec.Refine Yato and S Support (+4 from weapon effect and +2 from being best buds. Should carry two Tactics seals and Dual Rally to buff Kaden in one go)

So that's 3 layers of Bonus Doubler for +18 all stat, add on another 6 to each stat because of Kaden, and hey let's throw in another 6 from Male Corrin's friendship with Marth. And just for kicks, let's say +3 Atk, Spd, and Def because Kaden has the free C and SS slot, and Eliwood should have a spare SS slot.
Holy shit, Marth has +33/33/33/30 Combat Boosts ON TOP of the Field Buffs. That's more raw Atk/Spd/Def/Res than most units in the game!

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

What I think would be fun...

>Legendary Marth
>Legendary Eliwood (base kit on him, so as long as Marth is the strongest he should provide +6 all stats and Bonus Doubler for Bonus... Quadrupler?)
>Kaden (+6 to all stats so long as he's buffed, in addition to any Drives he has on his person. He also triggers Vision of Arcadia for Eli)
>Male Corrin Spec.Refine Yato and S Support (+4 from weapon effect and +2 from being best buds. Should carry two Tactics seals and Dual Rally to buff Kaden in one go)

So that's 3 layers of Bonus Doubler for +18 all stat, add on another 6 to each stat because of Kaden, and hey let's throw in another 6 from Male Corrin's friendship with Marth. And just for kicks, let's say +3 Atk, Spd, and Def because Kaden has the free C and SS slot, and Eliwood should have a spare SS slot.
Holy shit, Marth has +33/33/33/30 Combat Boosts ON TOP of the Field Buffs. That's more raw Atk/Spd/Def/Res than most units in the game!

If there was a way to put DC on him with all that, he'd be literally invincible.

Unless of course, he's panic'd. Then he's dead as a duck.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Ooh, this is kinda fun. I'll hit T19 in AR this week. Why didn't I put effort into this sooner?

I like the mode, but not everyone wants to be tactically challenged or be challenged in a certain way, especially if there are rewards locked behind it.

For example, Relay Defense was extremely challenging, but I hate that mode to the core because practically all enemies have stats equivalent of like merge+30, and the first Relay Defense map had like HP+40 on top of that.

On the other hand, I am fine with Aether Raids since the defense team has the same resources as the offense team. While defense has an extra team slot and control over much of the map, it is balanced by the fact that the AI is pretty predictable. Even if you are not familiar with how the AI works, you can still count on the AI to rush you like an idiot most of the time.

Edited by XRay

24 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Man, orb saving is so painful. I don’t know how people do it!

There are units that I want to pull for and save until those units come back on a banner. Of course, this only applies to characters they have already been released. If it's character that I want unit wise, I ask if I need that role filled or if I already have a unit that can perform what that role offers and I pull depending on the answer. Of course, all of this goes out of the window if it's a character that I like then I just pull if they're on banner unless I don't have enough orbs.