Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm officially disappointed. Instead of going for Brave Eliwood like I expected, PM1 is going to use Brave Micaiah in his FTP videos. Apparently she's by far the most picked out of the four new brave heroes for some reason. Have no idea why, I completely believe Eliwood will be more useful in the long run due to his dual dragon/beast effectiveness, good player phase, and good movement. Beast teams are extremely difficult to counter due to having few weaknesses and can use refreshers because Reyson and Leanne exist. And when generic beast enemies come to the game, as I expect they will at some point, that very rare beast effectiveness will come well in handy. I seriously thought Eliwood would be the most picked, though I didn't pick him since I felt he was more worth using orbs on than Alm and they were the only two I cared about having. I'm not a big Eliwood fan, but I don't dislike him and as I said, I believe he's the most useful of the four, or in time, WILL be the most useful.

I can't use PM1's videos anymore now because I will never have/use Micaiah (I greatly dislike her). Sucks... No more abyssal maps for me... Good thing they don't lock orbs behind those. Just stinks that I won't be getting anymore pretty gold accessories. I'm not able to beat them on my own, they're too hard for me. There was one exception in Hector's LHB, but that's been the only one out of many. That's my own fault, but at least those videos provided SOME way of getting around not being an expert player (and not being able to become one)...

And of course, I get that the majority rules. I just don't understand the majority in this case.

For once though, can my least liked character of the bunch NOT be the most widely picked? This is the third time in a row it's happened (Lyn in the first set, Veronica in the second and I dislike both). Technically, I dislike Camilla more than Micaiah, but not by a lot. I just wish that the one I pick or want to pick is the one a lot of others pick for a change...

Sorry if this seems like a rant. This all just came as a serious shock to me.

You do realize this game is the very same one where for literally an entire year and then some, Melee unit is actually terrible as all hell, to the point that the developer have to introduce a mechanic that deliberately puts Melee unit at a pedestal entirely because otherwise theres no reason to bother with them ever

And now your surprised Micaiah vs Eliwood, where the former is basically Eliwood but Ranged(Micaiah hits 2 wide category that have a bunch of Beast units. Yes you miss Naesala/Tibarn, but those tend to fall to Arrows, whereas Infantry Beast isnt the best thing ever, with their 2 move theyre easier to control against)

Numeric grouping is always a flawed way to look at things. Take a look at year 1, Cecilia lose to more unit, and her meta build loses even harder but shes very meta relevant with such build. Why? Red Sword is a joke, and nobody uses Leo. Everyone uses Reinhardt and Brave Lyn

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

That Brave Lyn/Brave Roy/Ninian revival banner screwed me over HARD. The very first day of the banner, I had some pretty great luck! Got my B. Lyn from +5 to +9, felt really good about getting that last one for the max +10 merge. And then...six days of nothing. Not even one single pity-break. And now I end the banner with over a hundred more orbs spent, a pity rate of over 7%, and I can't afford to buy anymore orbs. This is the absolute worst luck I have ever had in this game as far as summoning goes. This is ridiculous.

@Diovani Bressan Woah, didn't think you'd go the whole nine yards with the presentation (and the future-proofing). Hopefully I can finally extend my table to grey units sometime soon. I'd need 3-4 more Kleins before I'm comfortable with the DB3 fodder I'd have remaining. Kronya would be a sensible counterpart, so that I'd have one player phase and one enemy phase grey unit. Healers I can't justify until they get something to make them unique, as at the moment I suspect a lightly-merged Veronica would easily beat any +10 common healer I could construct.

Gave my own 4*+10 Est a Brave Lance+ long ago, before she got her Prf - from a pitybreaker Abel, ironically. Always been a dilemma for units like that on whether I should commit another 20k feathers to change their weapon. Same deal with Titania. Felicia and Soren at least do have their Prfs, though I haven't found myself willing to commit any dew to them. Meanwhile, Eliwood, Marth and Boey are in the position where I have both a 5* copy and a 4*+10 without Prf, and I need to commit one way or another.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, XRay said:

Yeah, Blade mages are pretty badass.

If I were forced to use a melee unit, then I would just use DW!F!Corrin. She is colorless and got super Solo on her Weapon.

that effect in her weapons looks more like the opposite of form skill tho

btw, you mentioned for player phase units , ranged units are more worthy than melee ones. I already have plenty of flying player phase ranged unit, will pulling for Tibarn be  a waste for me?

Depends on multiple factors. No unit is ever wasted - Tibarn is certainly good enough to participate in Blessing Grounds, and probably from time to time in Assault maps depending on the depth of your squad. I feel as well like the hour is soon going to approach when we'll get quests to attack content with solely beasts and dragons, and having a diverse array of options can only help that. Most importantly, do you like him? If you love him, he's irreplaceable; if you don't particularly care for him, he's not a gamebreaker worth saving for.

Something occurred to me...

For a while I've been thinking "there really aren't any Dragons in Three Houses, and the only one I can think of I'm not sure can even be publicly talked about yet. It seems doubtful we'll get many more Manaketes from TH", but then I realized... Crest Stones are glorified Dragonstones!

...well not really, but they can still be used to turn uncrested people into Demonic Beasts (as seen with Miklan and a few other characters), and the Demonic Beasts kinda seem to act like bite-sized final boss-like enemies anyway.
...then again, I'm not sure I want theoretical what-ifs of favorite characters turning into demonic beasts...

RD Ike's got another chance to win a gauntlet! Sweetness. Obviously I have to join his team. Going to suck if he loses to Micaiah round 1 though. He deserves much better than that. Especially if his team ends up way bigger. Which it might, he's always been the more popular of the two. But with this Micaiah being a recent shiny new version, well...yeah. Possible she might actually get more supporters even though RD Ike became a free unit for all.

Edited by Anacybele

9 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

that effect in her weapons looks more like the opposite of form skill tho

btw, you mentioned for player phase units , ranged units are more worthy than melee ones. I already have plenty of flying player phase ranged unit, will pulling for Tibarn be  a waste for me?

Yeah, it looked more like reverse Forms. I was thinking Solo since I forgot about Form since it is pretty new.

Generally, yes, Player Phase ranged nukes are superior to melee nukes. However, melee nukes can Galeforce, which is something ranged nukes cannot do. Galeforce is pretty important in Aether Raids to tackle certain types of defense teams. Galeforce is also a huge quality of life improvement for Røkkr Siege, and Tibarn is especially useful in that mode due to being flying and have 3 movement. You can use Naesala for that mode if you want to save Orbs, but if you can afford it, I think it is good idea to have flying Beasts of different colors, so when there are no enemies to clean up, the Galeforcer can help contribute to damage against the Røkkr.

Akariss made a pretty good video for maximizing scoring Røkkr sieges. It is pretty expensive if you are a prolific spender, but if you are like some players or veterans who just have piles and piles of Dew and Feathers, it is not too bad. You will need about 400 Dew to get Palla's and Catria's/Est's Refines, as well as having 2 Herons and 1 Naesala. Ideally, you also want BL!Roy or any Pair Up Legendary Heroes since they provide a stat boost to Palla or Catria when paired up. I also recommend Tibarn as an alternative Galeforcer for use against green Røkkrs.

I completed one of my long held goals in this game today: Have every unit from The Sacred Stones. Lute was the last unit I needed, she's been very persistent in avoiding me until now. I tried to get her on her debut banner, but failed. Back then I had some foolish hope that there would be a demotion from that banner too, and she looked like the most likely candidate, so I didn't spend orbs as focused as I could have. After she was removed from the summoning pool of new banners I got a bit worried I might never get her, but luckily they did these revival banners and announced them ahead of time so I could save orbs.  Getting her proved to be difficult this time as well however. Despite the increased focus rate, it took until 7.33% to get a single 5-star, and that 5-star wasn't Lute... Thankfully, she came eventually a bit after that. As Lute would say: "Statistically speaking, good luck is just as likely as bad."

ac0ilEVl.jpg

Feels really great to have this image completely filled out at last. I want to grind S-rank summoner support on all of them as well, but that's going to be tedious so I think I'll take my time with it. Now that I've finally done this it's almost guaranteed that there's going to be a Sacred Stones character or two on the very next banner, mark my words... Hopefully none of them give me as much trouble as Lute has.

@Humanoid @Diovani Bressan I decided to do the same thing as you two! The presentation is nothing special, but it was pretty nice to see a visual representation like this. I do have a lot of barely started +10 projects at +1 or +2 merges that I'm hoping to finish eventlually, but this gives me an idea of who to prioritize. I have only one +10 mage for instance, so I could definitely use more of those.

Spoiler

H9LVEIy.png

Edited by BoaFerox

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

RD Ike's got another chance to win a gauntlet! Sweetness. Obviously I have to join his team. Going to suck if he loses to Micaiah round 1 though. He deserves much better than that. Especially if his team ends up way bigger. Which it might, he's always been the more popular of the two. But with this Micaiah being a recent shiny new version, well...yeah. Possible she might actually get more supporters even though RD Ike became a free unit for all.

Maybe you've explained before but why do you hate Micaiah so much?  Pretty much everything you've said ever about her has been very negative. 

16 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Maybe you've explained before but why do you hate Micaiah so much?  Pretty much everything you've said ever about her has been very negative. 

I always thought she was too Mary sueish for my liking and just don't think she's a well written character. She always sucked in RD for me too and she's annoying to keep alive. I also don't like her for being more liked than Elincia who I believe is much better written and also is prettier. Micaiah isn't ugly or anything design wise, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Been itching to build some units recently, particularly Saizo since he got a weapon refine and it goes well with the debuff team that I've been thinking of building. Thing is, I already have a +9 Felicia and I plan on building Kaze because I like him as a character so that's already 2 dagger units that I plan on +10'ing. Good thing I've been saving feathers because I foresee a feather dump when the right copy of the units I want to build shows up. I suppose copies of merge projects not showing up and being really picky about asset/boon combinations has its merits.

Also been eager to pull for some units. Still waiting on Keaton and Maribelle to come back on a 3 unit banner so I can complete my Valor collection. Keaton is lower on the priority list given that I don't have a lot of beast units so it'll have to depend on my orb situation whenever he comes back. 

I wouldn't mind pulling for another copy of Gunnthra in hopes a better asset since she's pretty good in AR and Hrid because he works well with his sister but he's lower on the list since he's a sword unit. Didn't get LH!Alm in July so waiting on his return as well but I'm not sweating over legendary heroes because they'll come back eventually. 

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Akariss made a pretty good video for maximizing scoring Røkkr sieges. It is pretty expensive if you are a prolific spender, but if you are like some players or veterans who just have piles and piles of Dew and Feathers, it is not too bad. You will need about 400 Dew to get Palla's and Catria's/Est's Refines, as well as having 2 Herons and 1 Naesala. Ideally, you also want BL!Roy or any Pair Up Legendary Heroes since they provide a stat boost to Palla or Catria when paired up. I also recommend Tibarn as an alternative Galeforcer for use against green Røkkrs

I didn't watch the video you linked (can't unmute my phone currently), but I'm not using beasts in Røkkr Sieges. I'm running two quad Galeforcers with WTA for maximum damage, Halloween Mia (to shut down Røkkr specials and heal with double BoL) and a third Galeforcer (Cav whith heavy blade) to kill the minions. 

For example this setup is having an easy time against Fir:

Spoiler

lmmTkLG.png

g6WPEip.png

OghlPUd.png

rgm9Rbz.png

Since Fir has low attack and no debuffs, I can run LnD on my  Quad-units. Otherwise as long as quads are possible, everything which raises attack and bulk is good. 

Buffs are not optimal, but they don't even need to be. 

54 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Have every unit from The Sacred Stones. Lute was the last unit I needed, she's been very persistent in avoiding me until now. I tried to get her on her debut banner, but failed.

Looking great congrats! Do you have other "complete xx set of units"  projects? 

For the most of 2017 I was able to get all fliers, but I gave up on that since I needed orbs also for other stuff. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't watch the video you linked (can't unmute my phone currently), but I'm not using beasts in Røkkr Sieges. I'm running two quad Galeforcers with WTA for maximum damage, Halloween Mia (to shut down Røkkr specials and heal with double BoL) and a third Galeforcer (Cav whith heavy blade) to kill the minions. 

For example this setup is having an easy time against Fir:

Hide contents

lmmTkLG.png

g6WPEip.png

OghlPUd.png

rgm9Rbz.png

Since Fir has low attack and no debuffs, I can run LnD on my  Quad-units. Otherwise as long as quads are possible, everything which raises attack and bulk is good. 

Buffs are not optimal, but they don't even need to be. 

I think I might try using Cordelia since she can quad naturally.

I had not thought about using Renewal to offset the damage from Umbra Calamity, but it looks like a good idea so TLB!Mia can just focus on resetting the Umbra Calamity and not worry about healing.

39 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Looking great congrats! Do you have other "complete xx set of units"  projects? 

For the most of 2017 I was able to get all fliers, but I gave up on that since I needed orbs also for other stuff. 

There are other games I would love to have every unit from of course, but most of them are not really feasible to pursue, at least not if I want to try to maintain my Sacred Stones collection once they add more units from that game. Your question made me check to see if there were any "sets" that I'm close to completing though, and I found that I'm only missing Mareeta to have every unit from Thracia 776. That is of course the smallest group of characters from a single game, but it does make me want Mareeta a lot more.

I also noticed the only summer units I'm missing after this summer are Gaius, Frederick, Leo, Takumi, Helbindi and Wolt. This means I'm only missing 6 of them, and also that I have already completed the "set" of having every female summer unit. Having all summer units would be pretty fun, but the older ones really wouldn't be that useful to me as units sadly, making it hard to justify spending orbs for them. It will be interesting to see if I can maintain the set of every female summer unit next year however.

I'm also missing only Adrift Camilla to have all 7 versions of Camilla, so I wouldn't mind pulling her sometime. I would also like to have every CYL unit, where I'm currently only missing Brave Alm. I'm pretty sure this one will happen eventually, considering how often CYL units tend to appear on banners.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

I had not thought about using Renewal to offset the damage from Umbra Calamity, but it looks like a good idea so TLB!Mia can just focus on resetting the Umbra Calamity and not worry about healing

Yeah, Renewal because Røkkrs deal  at least 1 dmg and not all my units are always in BoL range. 

If you go against Fir, mind her Pass. She might aim for your Mia. 

Mia doesn't shut down Ike's special though, since his Steady Breath gives him still 1 CD. 

I think this is the first mode where it paid off to have so many Galeforce units.

2 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

[...] I found that I'm only missing Mareeta to have every unit from Thracia 776. That is of course the smallest group of characters from a single game, but it does make me want Mareeta a lot more.

I'd like to get Mareeta as well because Desperation weapons are fun in TTs. 

Did you play Thracia 776?

4 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I also noticed the only summer units I'm missing after this summer are Gaius, Frederick, Leo, Takumi, Helbindi and Wolt. This means I'm only missing 6 of them, and also that I have already completed the "set" of having every female summer unit. Having all summer units would be pretty fun, but the older ones really wouldn't be that useful to me as units sadly, making it hard to justify spending orbs for them. It will be interesting to see if I can maintain the set of every female summer unit next year however.

I'm missing many seasonal units. Even three from the Nohrian summer banner, but they are not very useful like you mentioned. Many seasonals need a prf or refine.

5 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I'm also missing only Adrift Camilla to have all 7 versions of Camilla, so I wouldn't mind pulling her sometime. I would also like to have every CYL unit, where I'm currently only missing Brave Alm. I'm pretty sure this one will happen eventually, considering how often CYL units tend to appear on banners

Oh, that's also the only Camilla I'm missing, but my Cyl sets are complete. Even if I've never tried to get the armors. 

Bet Alm will visit you soon, he is in the general pool at least. Good luck! 

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did you play Thracia 776?

No, I've played none of the FE games that were never released outside of Japan (I've watched a playthrough of Binding Blade though). I actually own a copy of the game, but I have no Famicom to play it on. I have played all of the FE games that were officially released outside of Japan however, and I'd love if a remake of Thacia could be among those someday.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'm missing many seasonal units. Even three from the Nohrian summer banner, but they are not very useful like you mentioned. Many seasonals need a prf or refine.

I agree, especially the ones from early 2017 are extremely outdated. It was part of what was so problematic about having the anniversary gift thing be random, because the value difference between the Spring units from 2017 and the Winter units from the same year is really huge. It'd be nice if they maybe could start giving refines to old seasonal units someday, but them being sort of "replaced" and outdone by the next year's seasonal units might be part of their plan I guess.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, that's also the only Camilla I'm missing, but my Cyl sets are complete. Even if I've never tried to get the armors. 

Bet Alm will visit you soon, he is in the general pool at least. Good luck! 

Yeah, him and Adrift Camilla actually. It's always nice to have things you want in the general pool. Thanks!

7 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

It'd be nice if they maybe could start giving refines to old seasonal units someday, but them being sort of "replaced" and outdone by the next year's seasonal units might be part of their plan I guess

Giving the old units some more punch/utility wouldn't lessen the urge to get the newest shiny stuff, new units should be better still. 

Summer Xander for example would just need a nice gameplay gimmick to be attractive enough for me to pull, since I find his alts hilarious. To be better than 2019 summer units (and thus making them less attractive), he'd need a complete overhaul though. 

23 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

This second set of Rokkr bosses are a lot easier than the first crop.

Was not too bad. I just continuously skewer Draug with Est, and I try to avoid GOW!Cecilia and Beruka.