Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As a reminder:

• Thea was on a banner with Idunn (Surtr counter, 5 skills), Sue (new inheritable weapon and Swift Sparrow, 5 skills), and Lugh (new inheritable weapon and 400-SP Assist skill).
  • Sylvia was on a banner with Levn (busted weapon, Swift Sparrow, and Special Spiral, 5 skills) and Cuan (the first inheritable 400-SP Assist skill in the game, 5 skills).
  • Shigure was on a banner with Kana (new inheritable weapon, Fierce Stance, and Goad Dragons) and Hinoka (Flier Formation and Flier Guidance, 5 skills).
  • Libra was on a banner with Sumia (new inheritable weapon and Close Def), Maribelle (new inheritable weapon and Dazzling Staff), and Olivia (flying dancer in the standard pool, Guidance, 5 skills)
  • Legault was on a banner with Karla (busted weapon and Wrath) and Nino (Swift Sparrow and Aerobatics, 5 skills)

In every one of their cases, it was either they would demote or no one would demote. There was virtually no chance in hell that anyone else would have demoted other than them (excluding the minuscule probability that they bring back 2 demotes on a banner... in which case they'd still be one of the demotes, just alongside someone else).

Reminder that IS doesn't breed purebred Wire Fox Terriers and have to wait for the litter to pop out and mature for a few months before deciding who sell and who to keep as dog show champion material.

IS themselves determined who would be 5* exclusive worthy and who wouldn't be long before they came out of the digital womb covered in birthing fluids and all.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Ice Dragon Yet we at least have QR2 in the 3-4* pool. Vengeful and Bold Fighter are firmly locked at 5* despite being available on the same number of units as Wary Fighter. All Fighter skills, except Special, are divided almost equally between being Seasonal/Legendary units and units in the general pool. 

Edited by silverserpent

3 hours ago, Nym said:

At least Haar is a GHB, even if IS did him dirty.

Gerome on the other hand...

Yeah, at least as a GHB I can realistically get Haar to +10.

Really, both Gerome and Haar should’ve been summonable especially the former due to having an inheritable weapon that no one else owns.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminder that IS doesn't breed purebred Wire Fox Terriers and have to wait for the litter to pop out and mature for a few months before deciding who sell and who to keep as dog show champion material.

IS themselves determined who would be 5* exclusive worthy and who wouldn't be long before they came out of the digital womb covered in birthing fluids and all.

There's no contradiction in intentionally giving a planned demote a good weapon. Every single recent demote except for the staff demotes has come with at least one thing that is worthwhile.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

@Ice Dragon Yet we at least have QR2 in the 3-4* pool. Vengeful and Bold Fighter are firmly locked at 5* despite being available on the same number of units as Wary Fighter. All Fighter skills, except Special, are divided almost equally between being Seasonal/Legendary units and units in the general pool. 

Bold Fighter 2 is way stronger than any level of Quick Riposte. My example was not to say that Quick Riposte 2 is on the same level as Bold Fighter 2, but to say that there exist skills that perform their job sufficiently well when not maxed out to the point that restricting the maxed level behind 20,000 feathers is not a deterrence from using the skill (unless you need the Arena score).

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Comparing a new inheritable weapon with a not-completely-broken unique weapon, I would personally wager that they're about even... just there are no examples to actually draw from since they pretty much always give units with unique weapons better passive skills.

There’s the cases of the Morgans and Ares/Lene, where the unique weapon user with worse passives demoted. My conclusion is that whether a unit has an inheritable weapon or not doesn’t affect their demotion chances, it’s the quality and quantity of their skills.

That said, it’s very weird that Reyson demoted and Hubert didn’t. Hubert is far more demote-tier than Reyson, but he’s 5*-exclusive solely on the basis that Mercedes was worse.

Edited by Baldrick

49 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

There’s the cases of the Morgans and Ares/Sylvia, where the unique weapon user with worse passives demoted. My conclusion is that whether a unit has an inheritable weapon or not doesn’t affect their demotion chances, it’s the quality and quantity of their skills.

That said, it’s very weird that Reyson demoted and Hubert didn’t. Hubert is far more demote-tier than Reyson, but he’s 5*-exclusive solely on the basis that Mercedes was worse.

He is probably one of the best Counter-Vantage red infantry mage though. He has the highest Atk out of all mages, tying with COL!Julia. With +Atk, he can reach a guaranteed 92 Atk while most Counter-Vantage Blade mages hover between 85 to 90. Laevatein hits 96 guaranteed Atk, so Hubert is not too far behind, and trading 4 Atk for being ranged is not too bad.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is probably one of the best Counter-Vantage red infantry mage though. He has the highest Atk out of all mages, tying with COL!Julia. With +Atk, he can reach a guaranteed 92 Atk while most Counter-Vantage Blade mages hover between 85 to 90. Laevatein hits 96 guaranteed Atk, so Hubert is not too far behind, and trading 4 Atk for being ranged is not too bad.

It’s good, but you’d still need 40k feathers for blade+promotion, and give him Close Counter. It doesn’t compare to a flying dancer with conditional 3 move and no investment needed.

Edited by Baldrick

8 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

This weeks Allegiance map is awful, at least for my team. I had to sacrifice 2 points of my total score just to have one dance more instead of the useless buff skills, for I was unable to get all kills with the correct units otherwise. I don't mind a couple attempts, but with the restriction of being able to use support units from friends only once a day it got annoying this time around. Hopefully those two points won't be the sole reason for falling off Top 1k, but I really don't want to retry it without that extra dance.

Pair-up arena is always awful, nothing new or different this week.

15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like the new meet some Heroes entries. Its cute how supportive Sharena is. She finds Gordin the pro despite his kiddy looks and while everyone else kinda threats Tobin like a loser she seems to be a big fan. 

Sharena is just the best. Too bad this doesn’t show in the main story because in the main story, she may as well have already died.

13 hours ago, Integrity said:

people tend to overlook subforums and also overlook pinned threads 😭 you're not alone by far

Yeah, I can imagine. Thus my idea to promote the hottest topic of the heroes war room in the main feh forum. 

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Yay! I finally got first place in something.

Nice score!

I lost my motivation meeting Cecilia all the time after I was save in top 3. 

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

I just made a COLOSSAL error...

I accidentally uninstalled FGO while trying to update it >_< 

Ouch, do you have to start all over now? Or do you only need to reinstall? 

50 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, do you have to start all over now? Or do you only need to reinstall? 

I would have had to start from scratch, because they operate the game using transfer codes. No transfer code upon reinstall? Fresh game for you! I got in contact with the devs, though, so there may be some hope of recovery. If not...well...I guess that's one way to quit something...😐

9 hours ago, Baldrick said:

There’s the cases of the Morgans and Ares/Lene, where the unique weapon user with worse passives demoted. My conclusion is that whether a unit has an inheritable weapon or not doesn’t affect their demotion chances, it’s the quality and quantity of their skills.

Oh, right. I forgot Morgan and Ares existed. Tharja and Eldigan are better.

32 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I would have had to start from scratch, because they operate the game using transfer codes. No transfer code upon reinstall? Fresh game for you! I got in contact with the devs, though, so there may be some hope of recovery. If not...well...I guess that's one way to quit something...😐

I've had a friend accidentally do the same thing, and support should be able to give you your account back if you can describe what you had on the account.

This is why the F/GO Wikia has "make a transfer code" as the absolute first thing on their important announcements section. Make a transfer code first thing and email it to yourself with the password, and it's presumably good forever (until you make a new transfer code).

8 hours ago, silverserpent said:

@XRay grats! I think I ended 5th on mine?

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice score!

I lost my motivation meeting Cecilia all the time after I was save in top 3. 

Thanks! I was kind of lucky during the first two rounds as I was able to nab third place for both rounds using a minimal amount Havoc Axes, so then I was able to dump 10+ Havoc Axes during the last round.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Pair-up arena is always awful, nothing new or different this week.

I found this one particularly.... bothersome. I agree that most Allegiance maps are annoying, but with Aether Raid being as aggravating as it is I can still dig some challenge here and there when it's not as obnoxious as AR. This week, however, with those crumbling walls pushing me into corners with reinforcments spawning right behing me was quite difficult for scoring high without more helpful assists (screw Flying Nino for example). Maybe that's just me.

3 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Ouch, good luck getting it back! 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Thanks! I was kind of lucky during the first two rounds as I was able to nab third place for both rounds using a minimal amount Havoc Axes, so then I was able to dump 10+ Havoc Axes during the last round.

I didn't use any axe in the first two rounds and ended up with 3,7M in the last round. Should have spent the axes earlier, because I didn't get any support to beat all those Cecilias. 

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

LOL
I was checking 3H's units quotes on the FE wiki, and I found this on the Petra's quotes page:

image.png.9fdfc432071ef0e771adc843a3cf9680.png

Clearly, she is a leftover from the Fire EmblemxPokemon crossover game that would have happened had not Pokemon Conquest been in the works.

Can we have that game now? It's been long enough since Pokemon Conquest, and an FE has now been almost entirely made by Koei plus an FE Musou spinoff. So both franchises have plenty o' Koei experience now, can leave that behind, and now be married to each other.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Clearly, she is a leftover from the Fire EmblemxPokemon crossover game that would have happened had not Pokemon Conquest been in the works.

Can we have that game now? It's been long enough since Pokemon Conquest, and an FE has now been almost entirely made by Koei plus an FE Musou spinoff. So both franchises have plenty o' Koei experience now, can leave that behind, and now be married to each other.

I always wanted a sequel to Pokémon Conquest, which is for me the best Pokémon Spin-off game. and they could easily make it with Fire Emblem instead of Nobunaga Ambition.

Not only it would be a great title, but it would also sell pretty well.

I make Petra's words mine when I say that "I would be liking that greatly!"

2 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

I’m not sure if I should try for Lute or save up for Saber... both would be for completion, or I-like-these-units-and-I-just-want-a-single-copy purposes 

Lute at least can be used as a Ploy unit, if that matters. I also personally like her artwork a lot more (and don't care for how Saber's Valentian Brave Sword does not match his... well, everything).

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I also personally like her artwork a lot more (and don't care for how Saber's Valentian Brave Sword does not match his... well, everything).

It’s amusing how he and Joshua traded their swords in their respective artwork and sprites.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Lute at least can be used as a Ploy unit, if that matters. I also personally like her artwork a lot more (and don't care for how Saber's Valentian Brave Sword does not match his... well, everything).

Hmm, true. I was looking at his art just after I posted that and the off-ness of the sword... IRKED me so much lol. I had a Lute on my VG team and her cute voice lines inspired me to want to try for her. I might go for both, or stop if my % for Lute goes to 5. I’ll take it a sign Saber wants to chill in my barracks instead!