• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Unnecessary, but I'm not complaining. My best guess is it was just an overload from the bottleneck (aka; 'summon dude') getting lifted when the new banner and orb source came up, and thus everyone trying to fulfil the Arena achievements at once. Not a fuck-up on their part. But hey! It's orbs.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... regular Nephenee's helmet is very undetailed in her sprite compared to her Soiree alt, which even has the very small grooves on the helmet in it, but in their artwork, which is done by the same person (HACCAN), the helmet is the complete same...

The battle sprite for her vanilla version is based off of her appearance in Path of Radiance. It's very likely that vanilla versions of characters have their battle sprites based off of their original appearance instead of the art that is drawn for Heroes, whereas seasonal and alt versions of characters might have the artists for the art and the battle sprites working in tandem.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

I have to do T15 and Abyssal quest. Boo, I was hoping I wouldn’t have to touch AR lol 😞 it should be easy right? I hear I just gotta keep Eir on my team?

It is fairly easy if you have Eir on your team and then have your strongest units do the work.  I don't do that much in AR, but I am tier 16 every week with Eir on my team.

I haven't been keeping up with events and stuff in a few weeks but I hopped back in to see these Heroes' Path achievements. I didn't anticipate so much free stuff. Getting a 5 star Reinhardt was a bit awkward because pretty much the last thing I did in this game was finish a +10 Reinhardt. I guess I'll keep this one around since I anticipate he'll appear in F2P guides in the future. There was also a weird task of buying a unit with Grails. I'm not interested in any of those guys as merge projects but given the scarcity of Grails I better make the choice count...

Narcian. 

Same here. I am not sure who to buy with Grails. I think I will just get A!Azura or ASS!Rinea if I cannot think of another unit I want more.

16 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I haven't been keeping up with events and stuff in a few weeks but I hopped back in to see these Heroes' Path achievements. I didn't anticipate so much free stuff. Getting a 5 star Reinhardt was a bit awkward because pretty much the last thing I did in this game was finish a +10 Reinhardt.

I recently finished a +10 Reinhardt too! Now I wish I hadn't. lol I guess I'll just send this Reinhardt home for feathers. He doesn't have any valuable fodder that can't be found on other units.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I recently finished a +10 Reinhardt too! Now I wish I hadn't. lol I guess I'll just send this Reinhardt home for feathers. He doesn't have any valuable fodder that can't be found on other units.

Considering this Reinhardt is free and has neutral IVs, it's probably a good idea to keep him if you want to follow guides using him in the future. The +10 Reinhardt you have is definitely great, but he might mess up the AI movement if you try using him while following a guide, so the free Reinhardt could also be useful if you keep him. The amount of feathers you get for sending him home is too small to be worth it, in my opinion at least.

28 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Considering this Reinhardt is free and has neutral IVs, it's probably a good idea to keep him if you want to follow guides using him in the future. The +10 Reinhardt you have is definitely great, but he might mess up the AI movement if you try using him while following a guide, so the free Reinhardt could also be useful if you keep him. The amount of feathers you get for sending him home is too small to be worth it, in my opinion at least.

Too late, I already sent him home. I don't have much space left in my barracks anyway, even after turning some units into manuals and all.

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Too late, I already sent him home. I don't have much space left in my barracks anyway, even after turning some units into manuals and all.

especially for someone like you who struggles with harder maps - you should always keep a Neutral copy. (especially a free 5* Neutral Copy). my barracks are almost full but i have a neutral copy of almost everything i get (even Neutral 5*s like Ishtar or Ophelia who will NEVER be used in a guide, just so if possible i can make it work movement/AI manipulation wise). 

I know you said too late - but considering PM1 said he's using all the Hero Path units in guides, i would have thought it would have been a given to make sure that you had them marked differently.

Not to mention he has Goad Cav -(which is available at 5*) so even then that's a goad for your calvary builds - that saves you 20K in feathers

17 hours ago, XRay said:

Same here. I am not sure who to buy with Grails. I think I will just get A!Azura or ASS!Rinea if I cannot think of another unit I want more.

I bought a Kronya (I'm +10ing her). but this was before i got a Dancephene. (so now I am wishing I had purchased a Louise). 

Edited by daisy jane

I wonder if any of the Three Houses characters will make it the top 4 for the next CYL. 

But, I doubt it since characters like Chrom, Eirika, Azura, and Marth will most likely make it this upcoming year. This is just an early prediction of who the Brave Heroes for next year could be.

However, the three house leaders could make it to the top 20. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

especially for someone like you who struggles with harder maps - you should always keep a Neutral copy. (especially a free 5* Neutral Copy). my barracks are almost full but i have a neutral copy of almost everything i get (even Neutral 5*s like Ishtar or Ophelia who will NEVER be used in a guide, just so if possible i can make it work movement/AI manipulation wise). 

I know you said too late - but considering PM1 said he's using all the Hero Path units in guides, i would have thought it would have been a given to make sure that you had them marked differently.

Not to mention he has Goad Cav -(which is available at 5*) so even then that's a goad for your calvary builds - that saves you 20K in feathers

Yeah, like I said, it's too late. You know it's too late, so... I can't do anything now. And I'm always in need of feathers. there are several units I'd like to 5 star and a couple more +10 projects I want to do.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, like I said, it's too late. You know it's too late, so... I can't do anything now. And I'm always in need of feathers. there are several units I'd like to 5 star and a couple more +10 projects I want to do.

yes. 

but i'm giving you advice for the next time.. 

5 hours ago, Cron said:

I wonder if any of the Three Houses characters will make it the top 4 for the next CYL. 

But, I doubt it since characters like Chrom, Eirika, Azura, and Marth will most likely make it this upcoming year. This is just an early prediction of who the Brave Heroes for next year could be.

However, the three house leaders could make it to the top 20. 

I honestly expect the Three Houses Lords to be in top 5 for both genders. Edelgard will easily take the number 1 spot for women's division and I can see either Dimitri or Claude winning men's side with the other one fighting Marth for second place. Second place for women will probably be a fight between Eirika, Robin, Anna, Corrin, Azura and maybe Loki though I think Eirika will have the advantage due to being the only GBA lord without a CYL alt. I guess it just depends on where the Tellius, Elibe and Camilla fans go and how many people jump on the voting for their favorites from the newest game.

But CYL4 is still quite far away and opinions can still change between now and then.

Edited by NSSKG151

35 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Eirika will have the advantage due to being the only GBA lord without an alt.

Do you mean without a CYL alt?  Because she has a legendary and a summoning pool alt.  But if you mean CYL, that makes sense!

@Anacybele @daisy jane IMO, I think there should come a point where you can just... you know, do it yourself.

I did used to check guides myself, but now I can just do it myself. Is it because I'm using two overpowered mages and the actual best dancer in the game, also Walhart, all +10 except Azura who is +9... yeah it probably is. But it's not like I don't struggle in the meantime.

I just don't think I'd be getting the intended experience if I just follow what others are doing, not unless I think about it a little myself. I can think of one of the earlier instances of this in Legendary Tiki abyssal, in which I tried to do the same as PM1, but an enemy unit was behaving differently from what was happening in his video (probably because at the time I didn't have a Neutral Olivia), so for the later half of the battle I had to do things my own way, which eventually I managed to do it. Sure I tried to follow a guide, but I felt more satisfied in the victory because I had to think about the battle myself compared to if I just followed the guide step-by-step (even if it did keep me up til 5am)

Just now, Xenomata said:

IMO, I think there should come a point where you can just... you know, do it yourself.

I did used to check guides myself, but now I can just do it myself. Is it because I'm using two overpowered mages and the actual best dancer in the game, also Walhart, all +10 except Azura who is +9... yeah it probably is. But it's not like I don't struggle in the meantime.

I just don't think I'd be getting the intended experience if I just follow what others are doing, not unless I think about it a little myself. I can think of one of the earlier instances of this in Legendary Tiki abyssal, in which I tried to do the same as PM1, but an enemy unit was behaving differently from what was happening in his video (probably because at the time I didn't have a Neutral Olivia), so for the later half of the battle I had to do things my own way, which eventually I managed to do it. Sure I tried to follow a guide, but I felt more satisfied in the victory because I had to think about the battle myself compared to if I just followed the guide step-by-step (even if it did keep me up til 5am)

Oh, believe me, I totally agree. But no matter how hard I try, I can never clear certain abyssal maps and even a few infernal on my own. I'd try them a whole bunch of times with no success. I'd LOVE to be able to do all this on my own without the need for guides.

I always give the tactics drills a few tries on my own before using a guide too, but I usually cannot figure them out without one.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, believe me, I totally agree. But no matter how hard I try, I can never clear certain abyssal maps and even a few infernal on my own. I'd try them a whole bunch of times with no success. I'd LOVE to be able to do all this on my own without the need for guides.

I always give the tactics drills a few tries on my own before using a guide too, but I usually cannot figure them out without one.

Hero Battles... you'll get there. Reinhardt is still one of the best units in the game (*grumble grumble...*), and with the Sturdy Blow SS and if you have it Sturdy Impact, Frederick with a Brave Axe+ and Bonfire/Ignis sounds downright mean (also now that I say that Freddy is now being highly considered to +10). Just a little more work, and eventually the game will have to make bullshit specifically to screw with you.

Tactics Drills... I can understand. I still haven't completed the Panne/Yarne skill studies one, the recent ones with the Brave Heroes confuses me, and I think I've only completed two Grandmaster drills myself since they started releasing new ones (past the initial ones I mean).

23 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Anacybele @daisy jane IMO, I think there should come a point where you can just... you know, do it yourself.

Well - I disagree.

For one - using a guide can show you why things are moving the way they are - depending on how they learn. there are times that i have AI move differently because my Legendary Ike is merged (and then with the bonuses it really messes things up) so i have to learn how to adapt. (which is a great teaching moment in of itself). it doesn't change the fact that if i want something done quickly, or - if I try everything and I'm struggling, I can use some units (who are neutral and use some minimal investment) poof. it's done. Quite frankly for me. sometimes it's not about "more satisfaction." it's about getting the orbs, or getting the accessory or getting the quest done as quickly as possible so i can do on to something else. it just depends on what one wants

I personally don't need to use guides as much as i did this time last year and i can figure things out. however. it doesn't negate the fact that sometimes i do need help/advice a guide, there is no shame in needing help - and having the resources there for when you need it.(not do i think it's really a good thing to be all - "do it yourself." when people do clearly need help sometimes. that might not be what you intended, but like. what if i were a person who heavily needed to use guides (like i did last year). it makes one feel like they are doing something wrong or not learning which isn't really true at all).

Edited by daisy jane