Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Hero Battles... you'll get there. Reinhardt is still one of the best units in the game (*grumble grumble...*), and with the Sturdy Blow SS and if you have it Sturdy Impact, Frederick with a Brave Axe+ and Bonfire/Ignis sounds downright mean (also now that I say that Freddy is now being highly considered to +10). Just a little more work, and eventually the game will have to make bullshit specifically to screw with you.

Tactics Drills... I can understand. I still haven't completed the Panne/Yarne skill studies one, the recent ones with the Brave Heroes confuses me, and I think I've only completed two Grandmaster drills myself since they started releasing new ones (past the initial ones I mean).

My Frederick is built to be an enemy phase tank though, not a player phase nuke. That player phase idea for him does sound insane though lol. As for Reinhardt, he is indeed still one of the best and that's why I decided to +10 him.

Yeah, I didn't complete a whole lot of them on my own myself.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

After seeing how great is Brave Lucina's new refinement, I may save orbs for her comeback in the 19th Weekly Banner, that starts on October 13th.

If someone also wants her or is +10ing her, I also recommend to wait until this banner instead of summon in the New Powers Banner. The New Powers Banner will be a 3% four colors banner, while the Weekly Banner will be a 4% 3 colors banner.

The 16th Weekly banner will also have Brave Ike.

Not to be, you know, a c*ntrist about all this, but I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't hold back yourself over guides. Not picking CYL guys based on them, not keeping neutral copies around rather than just merging or eating... but the guides themselves can still be a useful aid if you Really Need those four LHB orbs before something drops. Sometimes you just need to snap some pity. And yeah, there's no shame in using them.

Still, those guides generally offer alternatives and wiggle room - except for Abyssals, which. I mean. Abyssals literally only exist for bragging rights, what's the point in doing them with a guide?

14 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Well - I disagree.

For one - using a guide can show you why things are moving the way they are - depending on how they learn. there are times that i have AI move differently because my Legendary Ike is merged (and then with the bonuses it really messes things up) so i have to learn how to adapt. (which is a great teaching moment in of itself). it doesn't change the fact that if i want something done quickly, or - if I try everything and I'm struggling, I can use some units (who are neutral and use some minimal investment) poof. it's done. Quite frankly for me. sometimes it's not about "more satisfaction." it's about getting the orbs, or getting the accessory or getting the quest done as quickly as possible so i can do on to something else. it just depends on what one wants 

I personally don't need to use guides as much as i did this time last year and i can figure things out. however. it doesn't negate the fact that sometimes i do need help/advice a guide, there is no shame in needing help - and having the resources there for when you need it.(not do i think it's really a good thing to be all - "do it yourself." when people do clearly need help sometimes. that might not be what you intended, but like. what if i were a person who heavily needed to use guides (like i did last year). it makes one feel like they are doing something wrong or not learning which isn't really true at all).

Spoiler

I just assume it's obvious what each response is in response to.

>Learning how the AI moves via guides is one thing, but I'm not saying don't use guides to learn. I'm saying there should be a point where you don't need to rely on guides to clear content, repeating each move step by step using cookie cutter shaped units and using weaker skills/seals because otherwise the AI won't move this way. It's just as possible to learn such from old Hero Battle guides, even if the enemies are not exactly the same.

>I feel hypocritical saying this, because I'll be the person who NEEDS to summon a unit within the first hour of their 30 day banner being launched, but unless your last minuting content, what's the rush? We generally have a minimum of 6-7 days to clear content, and while I don't know or want to make you reveal what you do IRL, I can't imagine there's enough going on in your life that you can't check out a map and its units and see just what the best way to clear it could be.

>Sorry, differing viewpoints, but that just doesn't sit right with me. This is the content you build your units for, the Castle Apotheosis you optimally breed Limit Breaker/Galeforce children for, the secret final boss only fought by playing Boss Rush on the Soul Melter EX mode, the really hard platforming stage that requires perfect jumps and use of groundpounds to beat that ends in a giant "THANK YOU!" spelled with clear warp pipes or coins, the Inner Agent 3 you've been studying the movements and reactions of for the past 4 hours and still can't beat and now my hands are sweaty and i have a headache and its now 5 in the morning and my playing is getting worse and goddamnit this stupid game can rot in- sorry Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion trauma. I'm playing games for satisfaction in my accomplishments, not to tick off another source of orbs or ugly gold accessories (though the last few haven't been that bad). Maybe you have different goals for this game, and sorry if I never noticed what they are, but I just can't imagine you having any real enjoyment if you only want the rewards...

>No, there isn't shame. But I view help as "getting advice on a way to tackle a hard situation and learning why it worked like that", not "getting big bro to do it for you". Sorry if that sounds insulting, that's just the best way I can describe it in my way of online-speaking.

>This I need to disagree with. Maybe it doesn't matter if you're only doing something for the rewards behind it, but if you actually want to clear the battle for the satisfaction of victory, then you need to learn from guides, not just follow them. If you learned something, great! The guide is doing what it's meant to do. But just following the steps is not good learning, and then that creates that heavy reliance on guides. I know it's not fair to say that in this game, where the most optimal units to use in a given scenario are locked behind gacha bullshit, but I say that if you feel like you are doing something wrong, it's because you aren't learning and vice versa, not one or the other. It should still be possible to clear a battle completely F2P and without absolute help with the right pushes in the right direction, and I fully expect there to be some trial and error along the way.

TLDR: I'm not saying guides are bad. I think, however, that if you want/need to watch a guide, you should learn from it, take advice from it where you can, and eventually be able to do it yourself. I think content like Abyssal Hero Battles should be done for the satisfaction of it rather than just for the rewards. You shouldn't just be lazy and use guides because eh, it's too much work to do it myself.

No super-long word on Tactics Drills. They're puzzles, but they go against every instinct I have as a FE player...

I know I'm not one to speak on F2P guides (I own every unit in the game up to the Three Houses banner at 5*, most of my 5* +10 units are 5* exclusive, I have spent enough on this game to be called a whale, and I don't even watch PM1 much anymore), and I also know I'm not doing myself any favors by posting this (and if I worded it wrong, I'm not doing anyone else any favors by typing nonsense). I fully expect to wake up to at least 3 responses as to why I'm wrong in fact. I do not, however, intend any insult at all if any is taken. I am harsh and stupid in my words, not in my feelings... well, maybe I'm also stupid in my feelings. But I apologize in advance regardless: I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just posting an opinion on the internet.
Now let's all point and laugh at the bad MS Paint sableye because he still doesn't know how to spend his rocks and dews despite having like 15 units still waiting for their promised refine.

Don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say... I'd be a very quiet person if I followed that...

Edited by Xenomata

4 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

Abyssals literally only exist for bragging rights, what's the point in doing them with a guide?

Some players like that golden bling or really want an extra copy of an accessory. It is not necessary, but different players have different priorities.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

>No, there isn't shame. But I view help as "getting advice on a way to tackle a hard situation and learning why it worked like that", not "getting big bro to do it for you". Sorry if that sounds insulting, that's just the best way I can describe it in my way of online-speaking.

TLDR: I'm not saying guides are bad. I think, however, that if you want/need to watch a guide, you should learn from it, take advice from it where you can, and eventually be able to do it yourself. I think content like Abyssal Hero Battles should be done for the satisfaction of it rather than just for the rewards. You shouldn't just be lazy and use guides because eh, it's too much work to do it myself.

I view getting "big brother doing it for you" as a good reason. A lot of times I just do not want to spend the brain juice to clear something. It is also a nice back up plan since you never know when you might not be able to solve it. Celica with three Dancers/Singers, Blade/Brave flying team, BH!Lyn/Reinhardt, etc. can work a lot of times, but sometimes even that simply does not work.

Berkut's map was brutal when it first came out and I do not think I know about Pheonixmaster1's free guides back then just yet. I was still relatively new to Player Phase tactics and I could not figure out a way to solve it utilizing a Player Phase team. It took me hours to solve it with two Hectors and I think both of them have Wings of Mercy for warping.

And for players like Ana who have difficulty handling hard content and learning new strategies and tactics but at the same time also want to get the most rewards, these players really need to save their neutral units and not waste free resources willy-nilly. With players getting over 10,000 Feathers per week, sending units home for Feathers honestly is not a good way of progressing through the game if you are still dependent on guides.

I finally got the freebie Brave Ike from Heroes' Path and my Brave Ike is now +6! 😄 Can't wait for him to get on a banner again so I can just whale a bit for the remaining four! Surely by that time I'll have gotten another paycheck or two, so yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

On 9/6/2019 at 1:57 AM, Sunwoo said:

probably over 50% if we're including all alts and not just the seasonal ones.

Do you think characters that have been introduced in a non canon way but with only one version such as Greil should count as alts if one were to count the number of alts VS number of new entrants? 

I think it was discussed previously but about that thing in the achievements, is it the next mythic or the new heroes banner coming soon enough? I just learnt of this "leak"(I hope whatever it is, it's not a dragon as my orbs won't last). 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I finally got the freebie Brave Ike from Heroes' Path and my Brave Ike is now +6! 😄 Can't wait for him to get on a banner again so I can just whale a bit for the remaining four! Surely by that time I'll have gotten another paycheck or two, so yeah.

Congrats,for your +6 B!Ike, he is awesome with that refine. 

Just now, SuperNova125 said:

Yeah, I hate facing him in arena and stuff now. lol I need to use him more myself since I of course also got his refine. I need to stockpile more dew again in preparation for whenever (and if ever...) Frederick gets one, but yeah.

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think it was discussed previously but about that thing in the achievements, is it the next mythic or the new heroes banner coming soon enough? I just learnt of this "leak"(I hope whatever it is, it's not a dragon as my orbs won't last). 

It's the "star" of the 4  unit, story chapter banner like this banner's main star is Ishtar, and  people are already speculating it's likely 

Spoiler

a dragon, specifically Nagi.

I honestly am less upset with paralogues and not story chapter. I just wish every paralogue and story chapter is accompanied by TT, TT gives 42 orbs, free unit and seals at one "season".

12 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

It's the "star" of the 4  unit, story chapter banner like this banner's main star is Ishtar, and  people are already speculating it's likely 

Hide contents

a dragon, specifically Nagi.

I honestly am less upset with paralogues and not story chapter. I just wish every paralogue and story chapter is accompanied by TT, TT gives 42 orbs, free unit and seals at one "season".

So we are talking about a normal banner that will probably have said character as a star/bait? It couldn't be the farfetched redux one I guess?

Edited by SuperNova125

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

…ever.

I mean, that's what I would like to say, but I have no faith that IS won't put out Adrift 2.0 someday.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

So we are talking about a normal banner that will probably have said character as a star/bait? It couldn't be the farfetched redux one I guess?

Farfetched banner won't be coming until late October/early November. The character 'leaked' by the google play achievements icons is coming out on the New Heroes banner in eleven days. Considering people are assuming it is Nagi (or a Tiki alt) it is likely we are getting an banner based on Archanea.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Congrats!

I recommend you not summoning in the New Power Banner. The New Power Banner will be a 4 colors 3% rate banner, and we all know how these type of banner can be, right?

Save your orbs until October 13th. In this day, we will get a 3 colors  4% rate banner with Brave Ike. You will have a higher chance of getting the others 4 copies that you need to +10 him.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Congrats!

I recommend you not summoning in the New Power Banner. The New Power Banner will be a 4 colors 3% rate banner, and we all know how these type of banner can be, right?

Save your orbs until October 13th. In this day, we will get a 3 colors  4% rate banner with Brave Ike. You will have a higher chance of getting the others 4 copies that you need to +10 him.

Yeah, good idea. I was thinking of the New Power Banner, but didn't know that another one with him was coming up. The Halloween banner will be around then though, and I might want to pull for one or more of those units.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, good idea. I was thinking of the New Power Banner, but didn't know that another one with him was coming up.

Yeah. It's the 19th Weekly Banner, with Gray, Brave Lucina and Brave Ike, that starts on October 13th.

If we don't get any banner that interest you until there, like a 3H banner with Sylvain, please IntSys don't do this because I also like Sylvain, you will be able to save a good amount of orbs to summon for Ikes.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. It's the 19th Weekly Banner, with Gray, Brave Lucina and Brave Ike, that starts on October 13th.

If we don't get any banner that interest you until there, like a 3H banner with Sylvain, please IntSys don't do this because I also like Sylvain, you will be able to save a good amount of orbs to summon for Ikes.

Oh, I didn't know there was another one of those with him coming up. I've seen the list of weekly banners, but I don't memorize them all, so. xP

And yeah, though I still really really want Sylvain anyway. XD

On 9/8/2019 at 11:34 PM, Icelerate said:

Do you think characters that have been introduced in a non canon way but with only one version such as Greil should count as alts if one were to count the number of alts VS number of new entrants? 

Yes, they are still alts to what would have been their normal, “canon” version had it made in the game.

You wouldn’t say that dancer Shigure has not been an alt while he was the only Shigure in the game, would you?

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What lovely... I really like this game mode...

Yeah, I really wouldn't mind if we got the Sieges twice a month instead myself.

It's OK, I'm pretty sure we've all been there before. Meanwhile, Helbindi is winning on my map albeit just slightly (8-10-12). Naturally, I'm on the team with the eight (Laevatein, the one dominating on yours). 

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

“canon”

This is overrated imo. Where you do draw the line? Narcian's and Faye's weapons? Florina's stat spread? Units having one type of weapon? Aether being inheritable?

Damn it. Clicked on a Grand Conquest map without realizing that the map does not boost armor movement. Wasted 8 lances for only 5,000 something score. Reminds me of how utterly shit armor units are with their stupid 1 movement.  Without that extra movement, they are absolutely shit tanks with enemy nukes overrunning them and picking them off.

Edited by XRay