• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

30 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Stupid weekly revival banner. All I wanted was a Sonya or a Saber, but I would have preferred Sonya. Instead, I get Caineghis and Deirdre.

Do you have any idea how much I would have loved a freaking Caineghis over the Saber I got?! You can only be so lucky...

Sorry man, better luck next time. At least you've got a week to try still.

Congratulations on the two strong units that you got, even if they weren't ideal. The Official Pull thread in the pins is probably the place to search for sympathy, however.

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Now i wonder when will the seals catches up with the skills . If only we have two TTs each month.... It's not like all skills are good, but yeah... Introducing  new seals in quests or in the forge  after an update is also an option.... but its also less likely.... 

Adding different seals to Squad Assault could be a option as well now.

Tap Battle should give seals as well. The units finding a chest with a seal inside in the Floor 100 instead of the boring Hot Springs scene again.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i really hope game starts remembering they DID use to have banners that had 3 units instead of 4. it would be ever so nice. 

God I hope not. 

I want more units introduced, not less of them. 

23 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

God I hope not. 

I'd rather have a higher chance of pulling the characters that I want than to have my summon pool diluted with characters that I don't care about.

Actually, I'd just prefer them doing 3 2-character banners each month instead of 2 3-character or 4-character banners each month.

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

God I hope not. 

well...

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd rather have a higher chance of pulling the characters that I want than to have my summon pool diluted with characters that I don't care about.

Actually, I'd just prefer them doing 3 2-character banners each month instead of 2 3-character or 4-character banners each month.

exactly. 

having a 4 unit banner ALL the time sucks. it doens't necessarily mean that a 3 person banner is fun and roses but at least you know you have (theoretically) a better chance of getting that focused unit. 4 person banners and 12 person banners are the pits.

I understand the argument, we play Heroes and enjoy it differently, and as my desire is never to specifically snipe for a particular unit (or it rarely is), I prefer a cast as diversified as it can possibly be. I want to see more fresh faces, I want to see the art, I want to see them getting voice actors. The gameplay doesn't interest me as much and I certainly will never seek to play it competitively nor will ever invest money in it. 

I'm pretty sure most people prefer the 4 character banners anyway, since this is what IS has returned to.

Besides, sniping isn't so hard, even for f2p players if all you want is the unit in your barracks. I'm guessing the issue only is if you really want the merges. I don't. I've never ever pulled with intent to merge and all of the merge units I have are from duplicates I didn't gun for. My highest are Julia, Rein and M!Marth at +3. I'll never have a +10 unit. Not even interested to use feathers for that.

There's only 3 characters I really wanted that I've never gotten and they are Yune, Sothis and Mikoto since I have a preference for characters I couldn't play as in their original game. I'll get them down the road. 

Edited by Vince777

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Besides, sniping isn't so hard, even for f2p players if all you want is the unit in your barracks. I'm guessing the issue only is if you really want the merges.

If you just want one character, sniping with free orbs shouldn't be a problem. If you want all characters from a banner, it's worse and not linearly proportional due to the fact that the individual summon rates are divided by the number of units in the summon pool. If a banner has 2× more focus characters with the same base summon rate, it costs 4× more orbs to get all characters on the banner, not 2×.

If you don't care so much for what specific new units you get, having a larger cast does not mean getting less new units for yourself. I rarely snipe so I wouldn't be getting more new characters if all banners were 3-character banners, the only difference is that I'd only be missing on less of them. 3-chars banners do not give me more new toys to play with.

Besides, more characters also means you are less likely to be pity broken by one you already have, which would always happen if it were always easy to get all the banner characters. It also makes it easier to summon on the Legendady/Mythic banners, as they will generally include blocks of characters you don't have and that is because we don't have 3-chars banners anymore.

Edited by Vince777

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I understand the argument, we play Heroes and enjoy it differently, and as my desire is never to specifically snipe for a particular unit (or it rarely is), I prefer a cast as diversified as it can possibly be. I want to see more fresh faces, I want to see the art, I want to see them getting voice actors. The gameplay doesn't interest me as much and I certainly will never seek to play it competitively nor will ever invest money in it. 

I'm pretty sure most people prefer the 4 character banners anyway, since this is what IS has returned to.

Besides, sniping isn't so hard, even for f2p players if all you want is the unit in your barracks. I'm guessing the issue only is if you really want the merges. I don't. I've never ever pulled with intent to merge and all of the merge units I have are from duplicates I didn't gun for. My highest are Julia, Rein and M!Marth at +3. I'll never have a +10 unit. Not even interested to use feathers for that.

There's only 3 characters I really wanted that I've never gotten and they are Yune, Sothis and Mikoto since I have a preference for characters I couldn't play as in their original game. I'll get them down the road. 

well i like all that too. but - sometimes i want just one  character. sometimes i want all. (blessedly, i want none). 
I'd love to have more people added into the game, but i don't know if having 4 units vs. 3 means it gets done faster. FE has a huge cast. having smaller banners  means those who want to get them (and get merges) wins, and there are more banners to look forward to if not. 

i don't even know if it's just sniping. i've wanted say 3 units on a 3 unit banner and it can be harder. sometimes summoning just sucks monkey butt. but i think just for better orb management 3 person banners are better. 

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

If you don't care so much for what specific new units you get, having a larger cast does not mean getting less new units for yourself. I rarely snipe so I wouldn't be getting more new characters if all banners were 3-character banners, the only difference is that I'd only be missing on less of them. 3-chars banners do not give me more new toys to play with.

Besides, more characters also means you are less likely to be pity broken by one you already have, which would always happen if it were always easy to get all the banner characters. It also makes it easier to summon on the Legendady/Mythic banners, as they will generally include blocks of characters you don't have and that is because we don't have 3-chars banners anymore.

Sadly there arent alot of "new" toys to play with. The character pool is so oversaturated, that pulling anything is almost pointless unless:
1. its your favourite character
2. The unit runs a crazy good exclusiv weapon/skill
3. they have a desirable fodder skill you want for another unit.

Since March i havent pulled much on regular/special banners unless i wanted a skill for Skill inheritance. I even skiped now the entire Dancer banner so far. I may pull for a Berkut just for the Duell skill to pass down to Brave Lucina. I just see no point, because almost every role can be filled by the allready existing cast.

And frankly... The Brave refine banner is currently the best banner because their refines added those crazy good exclusiv weapons. Increased BST is not enough for me to bait me to pull.

In that regard i rather have less populated banners but with good/niche/interesting skill characters, instead of throwaway your typical char that can be replaced by an allready existing character.

For exampled i have only male Byleth as 3 houses representativ in my barracks. the one Dimitri i got was foddered of and i didnt care much for the rest because... welp their skills exclusiv weapons just werent interesting enough or allready existed in some form and i have that form in my barracks.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Four to eight 1 character Foci per month would be perfect. A lot of us veterans have been playing this game for 2.5 years already and quite a few of us have dolphined or whaled at some point, so I think it is pretty reasonable to throw us a bone or something.

47 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well i like all that too. but - sometimes i want just one  character. sometimes i want all. (blessedly, i want none). 
I'd love to have more people added into the game, but i don't know if having 4 units vs. 3 means it gets done faster. FE has a huge cast. having smaller banners  means those who want to get them (and get merges) wins, and there are more banners to look forward to if not. 

i don't even know if it's just sniping. i've wanted say 3 units on a 3 unit banner and it can be harder. sometimes summoning just sucks monkey butt. but i think just for better orb management 3 person banners are better. 

If you want more characters added into the game, why would you ever think that 3-chars banners would do it as fast? They would need to release more banners to make up for it. If you want to have 3-char banners but have banners more frequently, I'd be down with it.

There are probably a lot of chars that you do want that would not get released at all if they lowered the number of chars introduced. I don't want that.

51 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Sadly there arent alot of "new" toys to play with. The character pool is so oversaturated, that pulling anything is almost pointless unless:
1. its your favourite character
2. The unit runs a crazy good exclusiv weapon/skill
3. they have a desirable fodder skill you want for another unit.

Or unless people play Heroes for reasons other than those you do play it for.

I care very little for unit building, fodder or skills. 

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Four to eight 1 character Foci per month would be perfect. A lot of us veterans have been playing this game for 2.5 years already and quite a few of us have dolphined or whaled at some point, so I think it is pretty reasonable to throw us a bone or something.

i'd be happier to have some new skills in the 3-4 pool and some different units.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, Zeo said:

Do you have any idea how much I would have loved a freaking Caineghis over the Saber I got?! You can only be so lucky...

Sorry man, better luck next time. At least you've got a week to try still.

I wanted Caineghis since I haven't summoned him before, he's a good unit, and I could slap an Earth Blessing on him because of his Earth affinity to get rid of another Earth Blessing that has somehow become the most abundant blessings I have, but at the same time, I wanted one of the focus units.

As for Deirdre, this is my second fluffy-haired, mystical mom. Neutral to the first's +Def, -Res. Neutral would probably be the better base, but +Def might let her be more flexible when dealing with physical damage units who can counter back after unique refined Divine Naga's effect and slapping Fury 3 on her. +Def Deirdre would have 25 Def which isn't that great, but could potentially save her.

Don't think I'll try again since I feel like I dumped too many orbs into the damn banner at this point. Wanted Sonya first and Saber second and would have been fine with Linde too, but because I don't like sniping, eight full summons resulting in two off-focus units doesn't seem like a good sign. At least I got 5* units out of the banner and some other goodies like a tenth spare copy of Bartre, copies of Legault, Mercedes, Reyson, and Silas, a +Atk Saizo, but yeah.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:00 AM, Parrhesia said:

Congratulations on the two strong units that you got, even if they weren't ideal. The Official Pull thread in the pins is probably the place to search for sympathy, however.

I was more complaining for the sake of complaining, but yes, perhaps my post would have been more appropriate in the pull thread.

Adding five characters at the time as the new normal is good and cool. Four-colour, colour-balanced banners are ideal for full-pulling. Sniping is a hell-pit of endless frustration, though I've had to delve into it a couple of times.

The 'three-person banners are better than four-person banners so long as there's three characters I like, and the four-person banner adds someone I don't like' argument is obviously asinine.

Edited by Parrhesia

8 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Besides, more characters also means you are less likely to be pity broken by one you already have, which would always happen if it were always easy to get all the banner characters.

Going from a 4-character banner to a 3-character banner increases your focus rate per color with a focus character by 0.33×.

Going from 82 characters in the pitybreaker pool to 83 characters decreases your chances of getting an individual character by 0.012×.

1 hour ago, Parrhesia said:

Adding five characters at the time as the new normal is good and cool. Four-colour, colour-balanced banners are ideal for full-pulling. Sniping is a hell-pit of endless frustration, though I've had to delve into it a couple of times.

The increase in the summon rates from having fewer characters in the banner is much larger than the decrease in the orb usage per pull from getting the full pull discount. There is exactly one advantage to having more characters on a banner and that one advantage is getting more characters in the roster.

If sniping is a hell-pit of endless frustration, then full pulls are the depths of hell itself in terms of your probability of ever getting what you want.

You can’t please everyone, but the current system of 4 units for new banners and 3 units for most other banners comes the closest. Those who want new toys will get them more often, and those who want value for their pulls, including new toys, can aim for the latter.

Edited by Baldrick

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

You can’t please everyone, but the current system of 4 units for new banners and 3 units for most other banners comes the closest. Those who want new toys will get them more often, and those who want value for their pulls can aim for the latter.

So how about people who want value from their pulls of new toys? New toys banners are easily the banners that receive the most pulls in general (I figure most whales make at least 80% of their pulls from new character banners), and it's just an obviously shitty system when those banners are the ones with the lowest individual focus character summon rates in the game (excluding Legendary/Mythic Hero banners which have a perk that makes up for it).

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is exactly one advantage to having more characters on a banner and that one advantage is getting more characters in the roster.

If sniping is a hell-pit of endless frustration, then full pulls are the depths of hell itself in terms of your probability of ever getting what you want.

That's a big advantage.

It depends on what you value. Hurling orbs at everything with the possibility of success is for most people, I imagine, more satisfying than building up to 15/20 orbs, opening the circle and Fuck there's no reds. In early- and midgame, you need more guys anyway, of any colour; by endgame, you've got the tools to clear all content anyway, and it's just about cruising through and maximising enjoyment. Efficiency is a lie, anarchy reigns, unless the Only thing that brings satisfaction in the entire gacha system to a person is if they get the Right anime girl PNG.

Edited by Parrhesia