Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

SP can also be painfully annoying to regain if you're consciously trying to get it back. Like ... somehow all of my characters who needs to learn more skills never seem to have enough SP while all the characters whom I'm not trying to unlock a specific skill on have quite a bit of it. Having max SP is just a nice reassurance that I won't have to go grind for it.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

SP can also be painfully annoying to regain if you're consciously trying to get it back. Like ... somehow all of my characters who needs to learn more skills never seem to have enough SP while all the characters whom I'm not trying to unlock a specific skill on have quite a bit of it. Having max SP is just a nice reassurance that I won't have to go grind for it.

It is not too bad if you have Valors, although not everyone gets them.

I have all of them except for Beast Valor, so SP grinding is much less annoying for me. I also almost always try to maximize SP gain with Training Maps, so my units still have an extra 2,000+ SP after learning all their important skills.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm wondering if it would be harder to convince you to ditch an invested unit or if it would be harder to convince you to simply use the merge feature.

they are probably using the extra copies for fodder.  I know any extra Hrids I get are DC fodder.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have all of them except for Beast Valor, so SP grinding is much less annoying for me. I also almost always try to maximize SP gain with Training Maps, so my units still have an extra 2,000+ SP after learning all their important skills.

i have all but staff. (I killed Keaton, but i hate beasts so it's not that big of a deal for me. Ophelia needed Special Spiral more). Maribelle needs a banner already.

11 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

they are probably using the extra copies for fodder.  I know any extra Hrids I get are DC fodder.

all of my Hrids are DC Fodder (he makes it easier for always coming to me +spd/-def too)

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i have all but staff. (I killed Keaton, but i hate beasts so it's not that big of a deal for me. Ophelia needed Special Spiral more). Maribelle needs a banner already.

They should let her inherit Beast Valor too. Ophelia is practically a beast.

Yeah, Valors in general need more frequent Foci. Although I guess all good skills need more frequent Foci.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

They should let her inherit Beast Valor too. Ophelia is practically a beast.

Yeah, Valors in general need more frequent Foci. Although I guess all good skills need more frequent Foci.

well esp. because Maribelle's a healer. Valour is literally the only banner she's gonna be on.  because God forbid we have a : "units with wrathful/dazzle skills." banner. 

I'm tempted to fodder my Hrid for DC. Don't want to part ways with L!Hector and LA!Hector. I'd probably give it to Ares, who is a merge project that I'm not going all in for now because he lacks the DC that would make the build better. I could give to OG Camilla, Caeda or Est, that are already +10. The Fliers I use as units in my Def team of Dark season and Ares could be used as offensive unit in Astra or Light. Decisions, decisions.

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'm tempted to fodder my Hrid for DC. Don't want to part ways with L!Hector and LA!Hector. I'd probably give it to Ares, who is a merge project that I'm not going all in for now because he lacks the DC that would make the build better. I could give to OG Camilla, Caeda or Est, that are already +10. The Fliers I use as units in my Def team of Dark season and Ares could be used as offensive unit in Astra or Light. Decisions, decisions.

my Cammy and Caeda have it. (not so much Est though. My Hrid's DC is for Clair if i can ever decide if i want that or Swift Sparrow 3 ). it's very helpful on the both of them. 

39 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well esp. because Maribelle's a healer. Valour is literally the only banner she's gonna be on.  because God forbid we have a : "units with wrathful/dazzle skills." banner. 

We had a Heroes with Sweep Skills Focus. It was pretty neat getting lots of Fayes. And that was when Aether Raids' meta was a little more settled and people have difficulty against Firesweepers.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but isn't it just convenient that I usually need EXP for axes more than anything else (and red tomes second) but never managed to pull summer adult Tiki ever?

Valor skills need to be on more people and in the regular pool.

Edited by Sunwoo

41 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Valor skills need to be on more people and in the regular pool.

I agree. We need more quality of life skills that is accessible.

26 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

They increased the free orbs for each pack's purchase, does it mean now the 143 orbs pack saves more than the 77 orbs pack ?

The specifics on which pack was the best deal have always depended on the specific region, but I can't see how this would have changed things.

The 75 orb pack became 77, which is a 2.67% increase. The 140 orb pack became 143, which is a 2.14% increase. Therefore the smaller pack actually got a proportionally bigger increase in orbs.

EDIT: The 40 orb pack got the biggest proportional increase in value, but I don't know whether that makes it better value than any packs where it was worse before since I don't know actual orb pricing at all.

Edited by Humanoid

So for the sake of discussion, how well do you guys think the Legendary and Mythic Heroes personal skills have aged?

Legendary Heroes

Spoiler

Fjorm: Ice Mirror (Special) Reduces damage from Ranged attacks (Bow, Dagger, Staff, Tome), and boosts the damage of Fjorm's next attack by total damage reduced.

Gunnthra: Chilling Seal (Passive B) At start of turn, if Gunnthra's HP is greater than 50%, inflicts Atk/Spd -6 on foe on the enemy team with the lowest Def through their next action.

Ike: Radiant Aether (Special) Same as Aether, but with one less Cooldown.

Ephraim: Solar Brace (Passive B) Restores 30% of damage dealt as HP when special triggers. Stacks with other HP recovery skills.

Robin: Dragonskin (Passive A) Neutralizes Flier-effective damage. Grants Def/Res +4 during combat if foe initiates combat.

Lyn: Laws of Sacae (Passive A) If foe initiates combat and Lyn has at least 2 allies within 2 spaces of her, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 during combat.

Ryoma: Bushido (Passive B) Special Damage +10

Hector: Ostia's Pulse (Passive C) At the start of turn 1, grants Special Cooldown count -1 to all allies, as long as the number of those allies movement type on current team is less than 2.

Lucina: Future Vision (Assist) Same as Swap. Enables Lucina an additional action once per turn.

Marth: Binding Shield (Passive B) In combat against a Dragon, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot counterattack or make a follow-up attack.

Tiki: With Everyone! (Passive C) If Tiki is next to any ally, grants Tiki and all adjacent allies Def/Res +5 for 1 turn.

Eirika: Lunar Brace (Passive B) Slows Special Trigger (cooldown count +1). Deals damage equal to 50% of foes Def when special triggers.

Hrid: Freezing Seal (Passive B) At start of turn, if unit's HP is greater than 50%, inflicts Atk/Spd -6 on foe with the lowest Res through their next action.

Azura: Gray Waves (Assist) Refreshes target ally. If target is an infantry or flier unit, they can move 1 extra space (that turn only, does not stack)

Roy: Human Virtue (Passive C) At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to any allies that are not Beasts or Dragons, grants Atk/Spd +6 to Roy and those allies for 1 turn.

Alm: Lunar Flash (Special) Treats foes Def/Re as if reduced by 20% during combat. Boosts damage by 20% of unit's Spd.

Eliwood: Vision of Arcadia (Passive C) At start of turn, if a Dragon or Beast ally is deployed, grants Atk/Def +6 to ally with the highest Atk for 1 turn.

Julia: Light and Dark (Passive B) Inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -2 on foe, neutralizes foe's Field Buffs, and disables foe's adaptive damage.

Mythic Heroes

Spoiler

Eir: Sparkling Boost (Passive C) At start of turn, restores 10 HP to the ally that has been dealt the most damage

Duma: Upheaval (Passive C) At start of turn 1, deals 7 damage to all foes. If defending in Aether Raids during Anima season, destroys offensive structure within the same column as unit (does not affect structures that cannot be destroyed)

Yune: Chaos Named (Passive C) At start of turn, if foes within 3 columns centered on Yune have Res < Yune's Res -3, inflicts -5 on the highest of those foes' Atk/Spd/Def/Res through their next actions. Treats Atk as -15 when calculating. Calculates each stat penalty independently.

Naga: Divine Fang (Passive C) At start of turn, grants "effective against Dragons" to adjacent allies for 1 turn.

Sothis: Sirius (Special) Boosts damage by 30% of unit's Spd. Restores HP equal to 30% of damage dealt.

Thrasir: Killing Intent (Passive B) At start of combat, if foe's HP is less than 100% or if a penalty is active, inflicts Spd/Res -5 on foe, and if Thrasir initiates combat, she can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.

Yes I know some very recent Heroes are listed, ignore that.

@Xenomata 

• Solar Brace is definitely outdated at this point. It needs another effect or to have it's healing flat out doubled. Course we know that won't happen, but let's mess around.
  • Ice Mirror hasn't aged well as the ATK celiing continues to rise. Another 20% damage reduction would do it good.
  • Laws of Sacae was never particularly good. It should have been a completely different skill if you ask me, so yeah.
  • Bushido was always a pretty underwhelming skill as well. It just feels like a stripped down Wrath without the health requirement. +15-20 damage would have really set it apart.

Everyone else's skills are still pretty good.

6 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

They increased the free orbs for each pack's purchase, does it mean now the 143 orbs pack saves more than the 77 orbs pack ?

It depends on the region.

In the U.S., because the $39.99 orb pack was already the most efficient, the larger proportional increase to orbs compared to the $74.99 pack means that the gap actually got wider.

Here's what prices are in the U.S.:

• 3 orbs for $1.99: 1.508 orbs/USD
  • 10 orbs for $5.99: 1.669 orbs/USD
  • 23 orbs for $12.99: 1.771 orbs/USD
  • 36 orbs for $19.99: 1.801 orbs/USD
  • 50 orbs for $26.99: 1.853 orbs/USD
  • 77 orbs for $39.99: 1.925 orbs/USD
  • 143 orbs for $74.99: 1.907 orbs/USD

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So for the sake of discussion, how well do you guys think the Legendary and Mythic Heroes personal skills have aged?

• Ice Mirror: Good as is. I wouldn't mind an increase to the damage reduction percentage or to the damage reflection amount, but it's still fine as it is.
  • Chilling Seal: Good as is. The only change I'd make is to remove the HP restriction.
  • Radiant Aether: Good as is.
  • Solar Brace: Okay as is. I wouldn't mind if they added an additional effect, like Guard.
  • Dragonskin: This skill would be replaced in less than a heartbeat if it didn't have Iote's Shield built in as it's basically just Iote's Shield + Bracing Stance 2. To compete with Distant Def 4 on more even ground, either the Def and Res boost should be increased, or it should get another effect.
  • Laws of Sacae: The only reason this skill is useful at all is because it comes with boosts to Atk and Spd and has no recoil. Fury 4 does the same thing with recoil and visible stat boosts, and Distant Def 4 gives much higher defensive stats and Dull Ranged 3 in exchange for no boosts to Atk and Spd. I think Laws of Sacae should either have its stat boosts increased or have one or more of Dull Ranged 3, Dull Close 3, or Guard EX built in.
  • Bushido: Good as is. What's holding Ryoma back is not Bushido, but Raijinto, which desperately needs a refine to be competitive since Bushido pairs better with Slaying Edge. But I wouldn't mind the skill getting Null C-Disrupt added to its effect...
  • Ostia's Pulse: Very good.
  • Future Vision: Borderline broken.
  • Binding Shield: Very good.
  • With Everyone!: Very good.
  • Lunar Brace: Good as is. I wouldn't mind if they added an additional effect to this, too.
  • Freezing Seal: Good as is. The only change I'd make is to remove the HP restriction.
  • Gray Waves: Broken.
  • Human Virtue: Very good.
  • Lunar Flash: Very good. Broken in combination with Lunar Arc.
  • Vision of Arcadia: Very good. Broken in combination with Ardent Durandal.
  • Light and Dark: Very good. Maybe borderline broken.
  • Sparkling Boost: Very good.
  • Upheaval: Good enough.
  • Chaos Named: Good enough.
  • Divine Fang: Good enough.
  • Sirius: Very good.
  • Killing Intent: Sure, fine, whatever. Basically just Holsety as a skill with a bit more effort to activate.

Dragonskin and Laws of Sacae are in serious need of a buff due to the fact that 4th-tier A-slot defensive skills are absurdly strong. The two skills still provide something that can't be replicated with a different option, but that just makes them only barely competitive. I'm of the opinion that Legendary/Mythic unique skills should be the best option in slot or be extremely competitive with alternatives when using a unit for its intended role and be at the bare minimum "moderately competitive" for general use.

Ryoma's main pain point is the fact that Raijinto sucks.

45 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Ice Dragon Maybe changing Laws of Sacae to be a dual phase skill instead of Enemy's Phase only would make the skill better?

Not really. The positioning restriction kills Laws of Sacae's usefulness on player phase, and removing the positioning restriction just turns it into Fury 4 without recoil as a combat buff instead of as visible stats. That's better than before, but still underwhelming as a unique skill. She'd still be only barely competitive on enemy phase (compared to Faye, Norne, Jakob, and Halloween Niles) and heavily overshadowed on player phase.

It would be easier and likely more effective to simply double down on her existing role as an enemy-phase archer.

Let's just make it +6 to all stats with the current phase and positioning restrictions and reduce damage taken by 50% when the enemy activates a Special.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Maybe give it Close Counter as a counterpart to Ostian Counter? It gives more stats but has an additional condition which balances it out, even if we pretend that the value of CC is the same as DC.

What @Ice Dragonsaid about the skills.

Its not only Legendary skills that need a boost but also Brave heroes or some heroes with released personal skills (Arvis, Arden) that need their exclusiv skill enhanced.

I mean Brave Ikes B-Skill is basicly... useless, Dull Ranged does a better job.

Arvis B-Skill is less and less justified in the B-Slot it needs a buff, Wouldnt mind if the Skil was 2 Spaces Aoe and heaed your allies for 10 HP too.

Ardens Follow up Ring needs a guard effect or special acceleration effect.

Sigurds B-slot skill is still okeish and niche but it definitly could use a forced on foe Desperation effect so he can run Distant Counter with it.(similar to Urvans effect but it only work on ranged units).

Regnal Astra is  still very good.

Also when was the last time a GHB unit got a refine???

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

still underwhelming as a unique skill

How is being a tier 4 skill equivalent with less chance of getting chilled and without the drawback of 8 HP drain underwhelming? 

7 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Also when was the last time a GHB unit got a refine???

Navarre probably.