Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

21 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

So. Nils. What if it's him in that leaked image?

He probably wouldn't be red, I feel like.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Crap, hadn't thought of Nils! I think IS would put him as a Red Dragon so Ninian has advantage over her brother. What throws me on him being a possibility is that the eye visible is blue. Ninian and Nils both have red eyes.

I also hope it isn't him since Papa Hector will be stealing my saved up orbs.

I wonder if it's another duo hero. Sigurd/Seliph could be an interesting duo pair and would fit the colors, but idk if Sigurd actually fits the face.

Spoiler

Whoever it is, it will be star if the banner so I expect either a dragon/beast or a duo unit. Nils would be interesting as he could be our second dragon dancer that isn't like Ninian (a gen 1 dancer with horrible offenses). Will it be for November or October's next banner? As farfetched has to go somewhere in between.

Do we have an Idea who will be in the farfetched banner (with or without alts). 

10 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Whoever it is, it will be star if the banner so I expect either a dragon/beast or a duo unit. Nils would be interesting as he could be our second dragon dancer that isn't like Ninian (a gen 1 dancer with horrible offenses). Will it be for November or October's next banner? As farfetched has to go somewhere in between.

Do we have an Idea who will be in the farfetched banner (with or without alts). 

At this point it'd probably either be:

Bruno, Conrad, FE13!Anna, Louise; or
Conrad, Nils beat Shinon by a single vote so RIP me, FE13!Anna, Jill

I skipped over Lif given that he'll inevitably and sadly be a Mythic Hero instead.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

At this point it'd probably either be:

Bruno, Conrad, FE13!Anna, Louise; or
Conrad, Nils beat Shinon by a single vote so RIP me, FE13!Anna, Jill

I skipped over Lif given that he'll inevitably and sadly be a Mythic Hero instead.

Who would be the free one (the one with the lowest votes) also if Lif is there and isn't a mythic/legendary (I want the next mythic to be hel to finish with OCs as I need Anankos, Ashera etc.), who will he replace? 

4 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Who would be the free one (the one with the lowest votes) also if Lif is there and isn't a mythic/legendary (I want the next mythic to be hel to finish with OCs as I need Anankos, Ashera etc.), who will he replace? 

It'd be Bruno/Lif *vomits* in the first scenario and Lif/Conrad in the second if Edgefonse isn't a Mythic for some reason. 

The free unit / one the least votes would either be Conrad (first scenario) or Nils (second scenario).

Hmm, is it just me or is Hector becoming the male Camilla of Heroes?

You know, a character who is still technically very popular but was not one of the top two in CYL1 and has disproportionately more alts than characters who are more popular than they are? Also, not sure why Lilina should've been the first Binding Blade character with two seasonal alts and one half of a Duo. She really isn't THAT popular.

Switching away from Fates (and Camilla specifically) pandering only to replace it with Hector pandering isn't really an improvement.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, is it just me or is Hector becoming the male Camilla of Heroes?

You know, a character who is still technically very popular but was not one of the top two in CYL1 and has disproportionately more alts than characters who are more popular than they are? Also, not sure why Lilina should've been the first Binding Blade character with two seasonal alts and one half of a Duo. She really isn't THAT popular.

Switching away from Fates (and Camilla specifically) pandering only to replace it with Hector pandering isn't really an improvement.

Hector is still two alts behind Camilla, so that comparison isn't completely on the mark in my opinion.

Also, Lilina placed 27th in CYL3 with 8,413 votes. That put her ahead of Tiki (both young and older), Cordelia, Mia, Nephenee, Fjorm, etc.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hector is still two alts behind Camilla, so that comparison isn't completely on the mark in my opinion.

Also, Lilina placed 27th in CYL3 with 8,413 votes. That put her ahead of Tiki (both young and older), Cordelia, Mia, Nephenee, Fjorm, etc.

To be fair, all the popular guys have less alts than their corresponding popular girls. Five alts for a single dude is a lot for a dude.

Also, fair enough on Lilina. But I'm not going to begrudge Mia and Nephenee for getting a single alt because they at least didn't have one before. I still think they could've picked someone else besides Lilina for that second summer alt if they were just going to shove her in as Hector's excuse for a fifth version.

Edited by Sunwoo

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

To be fair, all the popular guys have less alts than their corresponding popular girls. Five alts for a single dude is a lot for a dude.

Yeah, it is the most now for the male side but there's also a glut of dudes with four versions each behind him (Roy, Eliwood, Ephraim, Ike, Chrom, Ryoma, Xander). Hector doesn't have that big of an advantage over the other popular males like Camilla does over females not named Lyn, Lucina, or Azura.

Now I wish I hadn't merged my +RES Lute into my +SPD Lute... the benefits from that definitely outweigh a few points of speed. She could have 41 RES instead of 38 so I'm kicking myself considering I had what's now her best nature and swapped it out. She's definitely getting the SPD/RES+2 seal though, it's hers to keep. So let's touch on them all.

• Virion is the clear winner. Sudden Panic and a Stat buff capitalizing on his best stat is one of the best things they could have done for him. Get a +HP Virion, merge him up and have lots and lots of fun with that refine. Good for him.
  • I didn't realize Lute's went from a Ploy to a Sabotage. That's really good even if you lose the cardinal direction effect and the 1 RES requirement. You can still run ATK or RES ploy in her C slot. The bonus stats during combat are great too. All in all it carves her a niche which she needed since blue mages are everywhere.
  • Hawkeye's is very simple but unexpected and good. I don't really know how I'd build around a Lull effect for him but the Slaying effect opens up possibilities for versatility and he'll likely be pretty tanky also so it's a good look for him. If Raven didn't have the future axe merge spot I'd definitely consider +10'ing him.
  • They did Frederick dirty. Armor effectiveness with Death Blow? Terrible. Steady Stance + Guard, a Brave effect, even a Slaying effect. So many things you could have done. Sadly Frederick likely won't be seeing any sort of shift in effectiveness.

Ok so other stuff.

Spoiler

I'm underwhelmed by the stats of pretty much everyone but Hector but I'll say don't sleep on Rolf. He'll be deceptively speedy and will outspeed quite a few units.

Rolf has base 36 Speed, taken up to 39 with his bow, 41 with a Speed refine and then 47 with Odd SPD Wave. All of this is without an A skill so if you opt to give him Fury/Swift Sparrow or just about any good offensive A skill he'll easily pass 50 SPD half the time which is pretty fantastic. I probably won't build him but he's a decent option if you don't have a Bow Cav or aren't interested in Lyn.

Defiant ATK seal is just wow. Like they were determined to pick a useless seal to add into the rotation. Chill DEF is great though so just pay attention to that.

@mcsilas @mampfoid It was fun doing the clears mostly. It was just too much to cram into one day. I couldn't figure out how to do the Morgan clears for Yune or Eliwood and ran out of time to do the Serra clear for Eliwood also which was ironic considering those were the two specific maps I planned the most to revisit.

I also had completely forgotten about Hrid Abyssal so I didn't even end up trying to beat that which is annoying. I did however beat Eliwood Abyssal with the OG team. But didn't get the chance to record it, but it did fall. Rather quickly, actually. 

So those are future goals when I revisit clears but I'm definitely done after the spree of uploading I'm going to be doing. I think what I'll do in the future is if I feel like recording I'll just do it and then upload whenever instead of planning things out so rigidly.

Edited by Zeo

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Now I wish I hadn't merged my +RES Lute into my +SPD Lute... the benefits from that definitely outweigh a few points of speed. She could have 41 RES instead of 38 so I'm kicking myself considering I had what's now her best nature and swapped it out. She's definitely getting the SPD/RES+2 seal though, it's hers to keep. So let's touch on them all.

I do not think it is that bad. If you are using Lute as a combat unit, I think +Spd is still a better choice over +Res. If you are using her as buffer though, then yeah, +Res would be better.

21 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  • They did Frederick dirty. Armor effectiveness with Death Blow? Terrible. Steady Stance + Guard, a Brave effect, even a Slaying effect. So many things you could have done. Sadly Frederick likely won't be seeing any sort of shift in effectiveness.

The Refinement is not great, but I do not think it is that bad. Desperation-Brash Assault is not fancy, but it still works.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think it is that bad. If you are using Lute as a combat unit, I think +Spd is still a better choice over +Res. If you are using her as buffer though, then yeah, +Res would be better.

Problem there is that as a Combat unit Lute is outshined by quite a few units and in heavy competition with even more. In my case I have Linde, Delthea, Fallen Delthea, Micaiah, Odin (with Refine), S!Corrin, L!Azura, LA!Lyn, Ishtar and of course, Reinhardt himself. All of these units compete with Lute combat wise even if some of them fill different phases and are stronger/weaker in others.

The prf however blows them all out of the water and fully carves that niche out for Lute and only Lute. I think as a combat unit she only really competes if you're talking highest investment at +10. Anything below that more value is found in versatility. In my experience at least.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

The Refinement is not great, but I do not think it is that bad. Desperation-Brash Assault is not fancy, but it still works.

It's hard to justify builds like that when a unit's Prf is supposed to separate them and give them a reason to be used over other units. Tons of units without refines can run Brash/Desp well. There already weren't very many axe cav options so you aren't any more inclined to use Frederick after this refine. Nor is the build itself any more enticing than other builds of his if you actually invested in him to begin with. It's curious why certain units get such golden treatment like Selena, some units get middle of the road treatment like Matthew/Lukas and then you have refines like this which... are honestly headscratchers.

Frederick's refinement might be a bit boring/disappointing for those who really invested in him, but it's perfect for those who keep him around as another AA Armor counter.  At +0 mine sometimes barely misses out on one-shots with the Slaying Hammer, so the extra 2 MT + Death Blow is really helpful. 

I put it in the same class as the Gem-weapon refines - a side-grade for the diehards, a godsend for the casual user. 

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Problem there is that as a Combat unit Lute is outshined by quite a few units and in heavy competition with even more. In my case I have Linde, Delthea, Fallen Delthea, Micaiah, Odin (with Refine), S!Corrin, L!Azura, LA!Lyn, Ishtar and of course, Reinhardt himself. All of these units compete with Lute combat wise even if some of them fill different phases and are stronger/weaker in others.

The prf however blows them all out of the water and fully carves that niche out for Lute and only Lute. I think as a combat unit she only really competes if you're talking highest investment at +10. Anything below that more value is found in versatility. In my experience at least.

Assuming Lute lands the debuffs and she hits those enemies, Weirding Tome gives Atk+9 and Spd+12. Celica's Ragnarok gives Atk/Spd+12. It is not as reliable as Ragnarok since you need to land the debuffs for it to work, but it is pretty competitive if everything goes right.

Considering that Weirding Tome also indirectly gives your magical allies Atk/Spd+5 and physical allies Spd+5, I think giving up 3 Atk is a decent trade off.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It's hard to justify builds like that when a unit's Prf is supposed to separate them and give them a reason to be used over other units. Tons of units without refines can run Brash/Desp well. There already weren't very many axe cav options so you aren't any more inclined to use Frederick after this refine. Nor is the build itself any more enticing than other builds of his if you actually invested in him to begin with. It's curious why certain units get such golden treatment like Selena, some units get middle of the road treatment like Matthew/Lukas and then you have refines like this which... are honestly headscratchers.

Yeah, that is true. Hopefully they will do another round of Refinements for Gen I units once we get to Book 4 or 5 and give the headscratchers something better.

41 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ugh, my Virion is -HP. But his refine is actually good.

Guess I need one that is not -HP.

I just realized I sent all my +HPs home because it did not occur to me that he might get a Refine that wants +HP. All I have left are neutrals, [+Atk, -HP], and [+Def, -Res].

Two more days to pick up the remaining orbs on the lance arts quests. I keep putting it off, I'm going to have to be careful not to forget.

Can't justify 200 dew on any of these, so I'm still waiting. Frederick's stays as 4*+10 with a Slaying Axe+ as even the unrefined version isn't worth grabbing even if it was free, let alone a 20k feather investment. Number one on the refinement wishlist is for a lance flier I'd want to build, as the current available options aren't up my alley and I'm still desperately short on strong blue merge projects (Nowi and Oscar being my only +10s).

Speaking of refinery resources though, just noticed I have exactly 1169 of both sacred coins and refining stones, through no conscious effort on my part, heh.

P.S. The alternative stat refines on Prf weapons should be discounted so their cost is more in line with the 50 stones for refining generic weapons. 100 stones, or maybe even 100 dew I could stomach.

Edited by Humanoid

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Two more days to pick up the remaining orbs on the lance arts quests. I keep putting it off, I'm going to have to be careful not to forget.

I knocked out most of them by loading up a Brigade with lance units and letting them have at it in Rival Domains.

And I'm done with FEH. Daily AR on the main was grinding me down, and the Duo Heroes thing was the breaking point. I deleted both of my accounts - spending-main and free-alt. I looked at how much I spent since "completion" last year, and it was almost $4k.

Once my Fire Emblem burnout subsides, maybe I'll get back to my runs in the main games.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I just realized I sent all my +HPs home because it did not occur to me that he might get a Refine that wants +HP. All I have left are neutrals, [+Atk, -HP], and [+Def, -Res].

You could probably merge something into the +atk to cancel out his bane at least. Since +atk is still good on Virion, just not DA BEST anymore.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Eh, probably not, but you never know. Raven and Narcian are axe users, and Lucius is a staff user.

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Crap, hadn't thought of Nils! I think IS would put him as a Red Dragon so Ninian has advantage over her brother. What throws me on him being a possibility is that the eye visible is blue. Ninian and Nils both have red eyes.

I also hope it isn't him since Papa Hector will be stealing my saved up orbs.

Oh heck I didn't even notice the blue eye! Scratch that Nils suggestion then, I guess. I suppose Lucia would be the most likely character, she's the only one I can think of that would match the hair and eyes. Maybe a PoR/RD banner with Lucia, Boyd, Jill, and Geoffrey?