Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Well now, not only did I finally decide on my next grail project, but I also confirmed that I have some sort of weird thing for Lances!mN91b7Wl.jpg?1
You can put your... stick with flags over there with the Daybreak Lance, Dauntless Lance, Geirskogul, Festive Siegmund, and Oboro's Spear.

...listen, I made Walhart work wonders for me, Clive is just a more mobile tank of the kind I already +10ed three or four of.

Interesting Clive. I can see him working pretty well.

I would build a Silas instead of a Clive, and if the thing is a Grails project I would go with Camus instead, but  I hope you make good use of him!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Interesting Clive. I can see him working pretty well.

I would build a Silas instead of a Clive, and if the thing is a Grails project I would go with Camus instead, but  I hope you make good use of him!

Nonono, no trash talkie, go sit in corner.

I've almost consistently used Oboro, Lukas, and Nephenee in every Arena Assault run since their original +10ing without fail, and Clive is a mobile version of them, albeit one who will most likely never get his own Prf weapon. You better believe I'm gonna get good use out of them.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:18 PM, Humanoid said:

The choice of whether to show it in Pacific Daylight or Pacific Standard is completely arbitrary of course, but as long as they pick one or the other, it's works out about as well either way.

The obvious solution is to simply show it in UTC +0, which is the least arbitrary time offset to use for a global time schedule.

The problem with choosing "Pacific Daylight" or "Pacific Standard" is that both of them actually cease to exist for half of the year each, whereas "Pacific Time Zone", which encompasses both, is a valid time zone for the entire year. You can choose to fix the schedule to UTC -7 or UTC -8, but that's technically not the same as picking of of the aforementioned options.

Then there's the actual fact that the daily reset for Pacific Time Zone straddles midnight depending on the day of the year, meaning the correct solution is to not use Pacific Time Zone in the first place, hence why the obvious solution is to use UTC +0.

(Time zones are a bitch for any software development involving scheduling.)

3 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Trailer tonight?!

probably! IS has recently taking to dropping the trailer the night 3 days before the banner so they have 2 days of hype to build up/the meet some of the heroes page to update

30 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The banner actually releases the 21st. So the trailer it would be in Friday's night

While that first sentence is true, Thrasir's trailer was dropped on September 26th (also a Thursday for what that's worth) when the banner itself dropped on the 30th. Really, the trailer being today or tomorrow could easily go either way.

Flashing/Heavy Blade 4 and a Life & Death 3 seal on Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven running the Pavise, Shield Pulse build would be neat. We don't have tier 4 Sacred Seals, but a L&D seal is possible.

24 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Flashing/Heavy Blade 4 and a Life & Death 3 seal on Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven running the Pavise, Shield Pulse build would be neat. We don't have tier 4 Sacred Seals, but a L&D seal is possible.

Yeah, right after they exhaust all the Defiant skills for seals...

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Daylight Savings doesn't start until the beginning of November if memory serves, we should be getting a trailer tonight.

Daylight Savings isn't in effect, but the current calendar is written as if it was in effect, resulting in everything being off by a day. All events have been starting a day later than it says.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Daylight Savings isn't in effect, but the current calendar is written as if it was in effect, resulting in everything being off by a day. All events have been starting a day later than it says.

...Well that's just weird. And I still think the timezone they're using is dumb anyway because for half the year, it's going to basically be a day behind most of the world. It's stupid.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's nothing better then a consistently unreliable calendar. How nice that IS realized that.  

Defiant Res seal when? Totally the game changer we need and way better than a Brazen Def/Res seal.

I mean, at least Defiant Attack and Defiant Speed aren’t useless, they’re just noticeably outclassed. They still got a lot of synergy with a good deal with offensive sets, and +7 isn’t anything to sneeze at. Brazens are just better due to more stats and being easier to use, but I’d take these over something like, say, Pass.

Now Defiant Defense/Defiant Resistance... those are hot garbage. Why in the hell would anyone let their tank lose half their health, kicking them out of Vengeful/Special Fighter and well out of QR range, just to get some defensive buffs? Those deserve all the flack.

27 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Defiant Res seal when? Totally the game changer we need and way better than a Brazen Def/Res seal.

I'll put it on my Virion!

6 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I mean, at least Defiant Attack and Defiant Speed aren’t useless, they’re just noticeably outclassed. They still got a lot of synergy with a good deal with offensive sets, and +7 isn’t anything to sneeze at. Brazens are just better due to more stats and being easier to use, but I’d take these over something like, say, Pass.

Now Defiant Defense/Defiant Resistance... those are hot garbage. Why in the hell would anyone let their tank lose half their health, kicking them out of Vengeful/Special Fighter and well out of QR range, just to get some defensive buffs? Those deserve all the flack.

Hey I never said they were BAD, per say. Certainly outclassed, and I still don't quite like them, but they still have uses...

...I'd just much rather have a Life and Death SS.

31 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Atk+5 for Blade mages, and it usually does not stack with Dancers'/Singers' buffs since they generally run Hone Atk-Hone Spd combo.

Obviously, this setup would not be on your main team that is going to run VS!Azura or full Tactics, but it is a decent budget option for Arena Assault.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There's nothing better then a consistently unreliable calendar. How nice that IS realized that.  

They are secretly advocating for placing the world under just one time zone. So, when it's 9:00 AM for you, it'll be morning not too early, but, 9:00 AM for Californians will be the dead of night. And for people in Japan, 9:00 AM will be the late afternoon/early-mid evening.

It makes little sense now, but it will in time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Was that word choice at the end there coincidental or intentional? If it was the latter, then allow me to be the first to go “boooooo”.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They are secretly advocating for placing the world under just one time zone. So, when it's 9:00 AM for you, it'll be morning not too early, but, 9:00 AM for Californians will be the dead of night. And for people in Japan, 9:00 AM will be the late afternoon/early-mid evening.

I mean, China already did that. And we all know how much influence China has in America.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, China already did that. And we all know how much influence China has in America.

The trade war against them and recent backlash against their propaganda is doing something. It is one of the few policy areas that our government thankfully does not have a deadlock on.

This morning's generous gift orbs have put me back into the 4-digit club...

Spoiler

gvdoowE.png

Was hoping to not have to rejoin this soon after the Julia project, but not a lot's been too enticing lately.  That being said, I think I finally have another +10 target in mind: Ishtar.  Gen II Jugdral is my jam, and there aren't too many other units they could add at this point that I would be willing pour that many resources into.  Of course, these plans will be suspended should Salem and/or Sara be added.    

Meanwhile I managed to climb my way back up to 1600 orbs while ignoring temptations like Nagi merges, Halloween L'Arachel and Valentia Catria all so I can blow all those orbs next month on the Farfetched Heroes banner (assuming Anna is on it).