Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I foddered him for something else at that time. Didn't think I needed duel skills and I still don't think I need them. Besides, if I put it on Robin, she loses Triangle Adept. I also pulled Helbindi again, but I intend to level that one up because his IVs are decent.

Who said I'm trying to make things easy? I think that's boring too. I'm making teams I can actually win with, but those wins still don't come easy. I still have to think a lot and get creative in some battles.

Triangle Adept... in arena? Not only your units don't score well, but also their skills... But that your decision, so I will try to respect it.

But win battle in arena is not that hard. Using all units to get kills makes the battle easy. The challenge is to get all kills with the bonus unit.

Funny enough, high tier Arena matches sometimes are easier than lower tier matches. Less ranged foes is equal to better matches. When I get only armored foes, I celebrate! People knows how annoying L!Lucina, L!Alm, and now L!Julia can be in Tier 20 and 21.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Triangle Adept... in arena? Not only your units don't score well, but also their skills... But that your decision, so I will try to respect it.

But win battle in arena is not that hard. Using all units to get kills makes the battle easy. The challenge is to get all kills with the bonus unit.

Funny enough, high tier Arena matches sometimes are easier than lower tier matches. Less ranged foes is equal to better matches. When I get only armored foes, I celebrate! People knows how annoying L!Lucina, L!Alm, and now L!Julia can be in Tier 20 and 21.

The Robins run Triangle Adept well because their tomes have triangle advantage against two colors. Lots of people run that skill on them for that reason.

It can be hard for me sometimes. There are certain kinds of units and setups I struggle against. Like basically any team that has Fallen Corrin. 😕

Yeah, I have noticed that. It does appear to be true.

Just now, Anacybele said:

The Robins run Triangle Adept well because their tomes have triangle advantage against two colors. Lots of people run that skill on them for that reason.

Yes... that's true. TA is pretty good for both Robins... but not in Arena. They already score not that well, but with these skills, they will score even lower.

What the score you usually gets in each match? Between 736? 740?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It can be hard for me sometimes. There are certain kinds of units and setups I struggle against. Like basically any team that has Fallen Corrin. 😕

Yeah, I have noticed that. It does appear to be true.

yeah. they run them all the time.
but not in arena. that is 100 percent dragging your score down. 

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's nothing wrong with preferring to actually succeed in getting deathless five win streaks over throwing a few high scoring units together and hoping for the best.

The arena's scoring system sucks anyway, BST should not be such a huge factor when that means the highest scores will just be a bunch of boring armors.

Yes. it shouldn't be a huge factor. but it is a factor.  I mean i suppose it just depends on what you want. if you are happy being in tier 18 through 19.  Horses for the most part score crappy. Fliers score crappy too unless you stuff them full of skills and they have a prf. The only reason why I use Est (well other than I like her) is because she has her prf and several level 4 tier skills. Myrrh always has a high BST Bin so she being +10 is great. Believe me i'm not going out of my way to pull for duels. (I'll probably have to when Helbindi shows up so i can make a dancer for arena - but again, stuffed with 4tier skills to ignore the fact that dance is only worth 150sp).  

I hate doing arena without positional skills, but i do it to try to get better and see if i can progress. I always tease people that I play Arena differently. (Ie: i try to survive, vs. getting the bonus unit the hits), but i will say for the most part it is possible unless  - it's 100 percent not (ie: Alfonse vs. anyone blue NOT named Effie, Sharena vs. Surtr). I don't invest heavily in them but i gave them enough so they can pull their weight in arena (and arena asault). sometimes I don't get a deathless run. (but i get to a higher tier in arena ) .

if fallen corrins is hurting your team, then you need to cultivate a team that can handle a fallen corrin.  

my personal goal (after playing for a year now), is to get my first arena crown by new years. (and continue to cultivate an arena team that i can bounce from 20 to 21 with ease). i'm 19-20 every week for the most part. (sometimes with struggles, but that's because again i'm used to using repositional skills and i am weaning myself off that)

you should challenge yourself to cultivate teams that you're not super comfortable with and try to get better at things you're not good at. it's good practice.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes... that's true. TA is pretty good for both Robins... but not in Arena. They already score not that well, but with these skills, they will score even lower.

What the score you usually gets in each match? Between 736? 740?

Well, they don't really run any other A skill as well as that one. From what I know anyway.

I don't really remember.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

you should challenge yourself to cultivate teams that you're not super comfortable with and try to get better at things you're not good at. it's good practice.

Why? The teams I use now already get me wins well enough.

Just now, daisy jane said:

well it's arena. 
give them fury or a brazen atk/def to get your score up. 

No thanks. What I have already works. I don't need to change it.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

so you can get better. that's why.  obviously. 
things i learn in arena is what helps me in other game modes like LHBS/GHBs etc. 

but if you are happy with where you are at then i suppose that's all what matters, so that's that. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

so you can get better. that's why.  obviously. 
things i learn in arena is what helps me in other game modes like LHBS/GHBs etc. 

but if you are happy with where you are at then i suppose that's all what matters, so that's that. 

I'm already good enough to win in arena consistently, so yeah.

Well, if your target is to win, then you are doing a good job. That's good, because if your target was to get into higher tier, you would be doing a poor job.

I still believe that foddering that Helbindi for Brave Ike was not a good decision, but still... You could use him instead of Robin. He probably scores way better than her.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, if your target is to win, then you are doing a good job. That's good, because if your target was to get into higher tier, you would be doing a poor job.

I still believe that foddering that Helbindi for Brave Ike was not a good decision, but still... You could use him instead of Robin. He probably scores way better than her.

It'll never be possible for me to get into tier 21 and stuff. I don't like armors much and because they score the highest and IS refuses to change the arena so you aren't required to use them, I'd have to use them. The only armor I care about using much these days is GD Ike. And on occasion Black Knight.

I would like to use my Brave Ike in more stuff now that he's +10 as well. We'll have to see.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It'll never be possible for me to get into tier 21 and stuff. I don't like armors much and because they score the highest and IS refuses to change the arena so you aren't required to use them, I'd have to use them. The only armor I care about using much these days is GD Ike. And on occasion Black Knight.

I would like to use my Brave Ike in more stuff now that he's +10 as well. We'll have to see.

there are people who are in tier 21 constantly without armours. 
you aren't required to use them at all.  that's the point i was trying to make. armours make it easier (because of the BST bin) but you can cultivate a team that gets into 21 for the most part every few weeks without it. i know tonnes of people who do it.my best week almost getting into 21 with SANS armours. 

that's the point i'm trying to make.  but as you said.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm already good enough to win in arena consistently, so yeah.

that seems to be more what you want to do, to just be good enough to win arena - not really improve or hat not so i guess it doens't matter. 

there are people who are in tier 21 constantly without armours. 
you aren't required to use them at all.  that's the point i was trying to make. armours make it easier (because of the BST bin) but you can cultivate a team that gets into 21 for the most part every few weeks without it. i know tonnes of people who do it.my best week almost getting into 21 with SANS armours. 

that's the point i'm trying to make.  but as you said.

Really? How then? Duel skills aren't easy to come by. And those don't even exist for cavalry for some reason. IS hates cavs for some reason.

that seems to be more what you want to do, to just be good enough to win arena - not really improve or hat not so i guess it doens't matter. 

Mainly because I don't believe I'd ever be able to reach tier 21. So I might as well not try and not care to try.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, the only one blocking you from enter Tier 21 is yourself. If you keep putting you down, you will never do it.

The first time I entered Tier 21 was with a infantry team, and most of them are year 1 units, with lower BST than the current ones.
Outside bonus units in some seasons, I don't use armored units in Arena, and I already have reached Tier 31 30 times.

And it's not IntSys that needs to change Arena, it's you that need to adapt yourself for the mode. Reaching T21 without Armored is not hard anymore.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Basically, you just want to think what you want your healer to do -
Battle or Heal (and sometimes if lucky enough 😉 they can do both). 

9x10 healers want atk or spd. 
(the ones that dont are Azama and Wrys because they are more tanky). 

Atk = better healing 
Spd = more doubles for them - less that they will be doubled. 
(you can still pick atk - but you need to find a way to help their spd, esp. if they are a Gen 1 demote unit)

generally speaking you want
Pain(or Gravity)/savage blow/savage blow set so it's much damage as possible from the healer. 
MEAN builds can be anything to Absorb/Close Counter

they don't have much access to A Skills so
Atk/Spd Solo
Ark/Spd Bond
Atk/Spd Push 4
(even atk/spd 2 ) 
are your best bets if not doing a CC build. 

and of course if you are like some people. you spoil your healers by giving them most inheritable staves in the game. 

Wow, yeah, I've been being a total noob because I had no idea about any of this (other than the savage blow, since I've seen tons of people using that for their healer's C skill and seal slots.) 😄 Thank you so much for this information!! To be honest, I've only recently started paying extra attention to my units and trying to build them up to their full potential, but my healers have taken the back burner because I wasn't really sure what was the best way to build them (especially to where they weren't dying every five seconds, haha!) But this definitely helps!!

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy's an arena bonus unit next time! 😄 I can go use him and the rest of my main horse team and they kick ass there!

+10 Frederick sounds like a great bonus unit! I know you're not a big fan of his new weapon, but at least in Arena it could be pretty useful; Personal weapons score slightly better, and Armor units are pretty common in Arena so being effective against them is nice.

On the orb talk, the most I've ever saved up was about 700 when I was planning to +10 Summer Tana this summer. Right now I'm up to about 130 again after getting the Halloween units I wanted, the orb income has been really good lately. Now hopefully I don't get too tempted by Catria on Monday, I really want to have all the variants of the Whitewings but Catria will probably be on banners with better odds in the future...

Also, question to those of you who make clear videos of BHBs and such: What do you use to record videos from your phones? I thought of maybe trying to make a theme clear myself the other day, but I'm not sure how to go about making it a video.

7 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

+10 Frederick sounds like a great bonus unit! I know you're not a big fan of his new weapon, but at least in Arena it could be pretty useful; Personal weapons score slightly better, and Armor units are pretty common in Arena so being effective against them is nice.

Yeah, but its unique refine doesn't synergize with my Frederick's build at all. I run an enemy phase build on him and his prf's refine is Death Blow which is player phase. I could just go with a different refine, but if someday I also want to use the unique refine, that's an extra 200 dew which is kind of hard to get.

I've been undecided on how I'd refine the thing if I use it at some point and I just might in armor-heavy maps.

Edited by Anacybele

51 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The first time I entered Tier 21 was with a infantry team, and most of them are year 1 units, with lower BST than the current ones.
Outside bonus units in some seasons, I don't use armored units in Arena, and I already have reached Tier 31 30 times.

If you take your team into Allegiance Battles, what does it score? My current team of Caeda (Duel), Lukas, Sheena and +0 Thrasir scores 732, and I had to fish to get into T21. Ana doesn’t have any duel units and probably isn’t using dual rallies/Aether to boost score, so even with Fred as the bonus it might not be feasible to score enough.

8 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Also, question to those of you who make clear videos of BHBs and such: What do you use to record videos from your phones? I thought of maybe trying to make a theme clear myself the other day, but I'm not sure how to go about making it a video.

Personally, I use the screen record function on my phone, it does the job if you just want to make a basic video.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Really? How then? Duel skills aren't easy to come by. And those don't even exist for cavalry for some reason. IS hates cavs for some reason.

Without using Duel skills, I often hit tier 21 with RD Ike (+6 I think), Oscar+10 Earth blessed, Soren+10 Earth blessed, and a decent bonus unit.  The only reason I haven't been hitting tier 21 recently is lack of time and terrible bonus units for me.  Plus, it's way easier for me in Earth season, as you might see from the above units.

I sometimes trade in Brave Ike +10, Naesala +10, Black Knight +10, and Sothe +10, all of whom aren't Earth blessed, during non-Earth seasons.  Sothe is the only one with a Duel Skill, and since he's a support unit, he can afford to drop his Life and Death A skill for his arena trips.  The only armor I use semi-regularly is the Black Knight, and only on non-Earth seasons.

So, very possible without duel skills, and I use a cavalry unit regularly!  And Soren's a mage, which means he scores lower to begin with.  It's doable.

4 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Without using Duel skills, I often hit tier 21 with RD Ike (+6 I think), Oscar+10 Earth blessed, Soren+10 Earth blessed, and a decent bonus unit.  The only reason I haven't been hitting tier 21 recently is lack of time and terrible bonus units for me.  Plus, it's way easier for me in Earth season, as you might see from the above units.

I sometimes trade in Brave Ike +10, Naesala +10, Black Knight +10, and Sothe +10, all of whom aren't Earth blessed, during non-Earth seasons.  Sothe is the only one with a Duel Skill, and since he's a support unit, he can afford to drop his Life and Death A skill for his arena trips.  The only armor I use semi-regularly is the Black Knight, and only on non-Earth seasons.

So, very possible without duel skills, and I use a cavalry unit regularly!  And Soren's a mage, which means he scores lower to begin with.  It's doable.

Okay, I see then. Thanks for letting me know.

12 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If you take your team into Allegiance Battles, what does it score? My current team of Caeda (Duel), Lukas, Sheena and +0 Thrasir scores 732, and I had to fish to get into T21. Ana doesn’t have any duel units and probably isn’t using dual rallies/Aether to boost score, so even with Fred as the bonus it might not be feasible to score enough.

My Team, being Marth, Nowi, Soren and Saizo, without Duel Skills, can get 742

If I pick a bonus unit instead of a 4th +10 unit... Marth, Soren, Saizo and Astram... I can get 734, without Duel Skills.

If I pick my Duel Team, being Marth, Soren, Saizo and Aversa, all with Duel skills, I can get 750.