• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So, I decided to look at the remaining seasonals out of banners that have units in legendary/mythic banners to try to see how it could affect future banners.

We've got Flora, Sigrun and Helbindi for red and Pent, Tanith and Laegjarn for Blue. So three in a colour stacked already and three that could be emptied by January. 

All the seasonals afterwards have 1 of each colour. I can hear the oh no already when it comes to Reds ever reappearing. We'll know more tomorrow though.

Wonder why they're suddenly doing a Black Friday pack this year of all years. I don't remember having them in previous years.

I have neither Winter Tharja nor Legendary Roy. Getting legendary Roy would be really great because I do want him. But I won't consider it if the price point is ridiculous. I still remember those New Years bundles.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

So, I decided to look at the remaining seasonals out of banners that have units in legendary/mythic banners to try to see how it could affect future banners.

We've got Flora, Sigrun and Helbindi for red and Pent, Tanith and Laegjarn for Blue. So three in a colour stacked already and three that could be emptied by January. 

All the seasonals afterwards have 1 of each colour. I can hear the oh no already when it comes to Reds ever reappearing. We'll know more tomorrow though.

You forgot picnic Lukas for blue.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oof Sharena is a little bit savage to poor Narcian. 

You think that's harsh?

Spoiler

lilina_delightful_noble_pop02.png

This looks a lot more painful.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Wonder why they're suddenly doing a Black Friday pack this year of all years. I don't remember having them in previous years.

I have neither Winter Tharja nor Legendary Roy. Getting legendary Roy would be really great because I do want him. But I won't consider it if the price point is ridiculous. I still remember those New Years bundles.

Yeah if the price is the same as the New Years ones it will be a big nope. If the Tharja pack is priced at the 50 orb pack or at least close to it since it gives 50 orbs I might consider it. Technically I have Tharja, but I don't have any CC fodder so that is tempting given how tough it is to get that skill in any great amounts. I don't have Roy, but since his pack gives 143 orbs we can guess that it is probably going to be at least that price and that is more than I am willing to dump on a unit I would rarely use.

That Tharja pack sounds tempting... hmm if it’s the usual price for 50 orbs, I’ll probably swoop in! Always wanted her, and now I can have enough orbs saved up for winter Robin in the future. I do have a +Atk -Def LRoy, so no need for one, and besides, I expect him to be the regular price for 75. Either way, he’s a great unit.

Ewww, Tharja, gross. But I might buy this pack anyway because I want to eventually give female Robin Close Counter. Especially if we get a Triangle Adept seal at some point for me to also slap on her.

Quick kinda unrelated rant, but while im perfectly aware sometime bundles like these are rather overpriced i never quite get why theyre often hated

Gacha is fucking cancer and being able to buy directly is great. I'd prefer if every gacha had a way for you to outright buy the units you want priced in accordance to the summon currency value averages or something although FEH is kinda weird in this regard because FEH Orb value is made around the idea that your supposed to mass summons(and we get a lot of them as result) so the orb pricing in the shop feels overpriced since it largely is priced the same as currency in other games where its MUCH less common - oh well that, amongst others is one of many reason how little sense it made when it comes to "digital currency"/"product value" stuff etc

Yes FEH technically didn't have the cancer from say yugioh "shortprinting" that causes buying singles to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better in every way possible since you can buy 10 boxes which didn't average 1 phantazmay when you can buy an entire playset off that

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Oof, Black Friday packs... and both of them look very... meh...

Gee, universal crystals and shards sound good. /s

Where do you see the Orb packs? I do not see them in game nor on Twitter.

Never mind. Just saw it in the notifications.

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Just came to the realization that duo heroes mean something like this would actually be possible now.

Pretty funny how things change and become possible as time progresses.

Dang, that's such a well done trailer that I'd think it was real if I didn't know any better. But yeah, this kind of thing is possible now!

On 11/23/2019 at 12:25 AM, XRay said:

They already introduced most relevant tier 4 Enemy Phase style skills, with the only ones missing now are Close Def, Bracing Stance, and Darting Breath. Most Bonds are missing too, but but bonds are kind of crap for high pressure modes right now.

I would also argue Bonds and Forms are defensive rather than offensive. Having positioning requirements to be near allies does not work in practice for Player Phase combat.

Huh.... Bonds are defensive indeed... which is why it got secondary effect when usually offensive skills do not...I also would argue darting breath isn't needed. Enemy phase units don't need speed after all. Which is another question why defensive skills has secondary effects, like dd4 also comes with dull ranges, bonds 4 come with neutralizing penalties, and stances 4 comes with guard but without the HP requisites, but tier 4 offensive skills are on its own , without secondary effects? also, why Fort Def Res only cuts atk by 2 but boosts def res by 6, when LnD 4 cuts def res by 5 ? It looks like from lowered penalties and secondary effects, defensive skills are better than offensive ones, why do they have to make it like this?

On 11/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, Ice Dragon said:

The reason for this is the fact that there are a lot of Tier 3 offensive skills and they are all extremely similar to each other in stats and are all relevant. The release of Swift Sparrow 3 rendered all of the other Tier 3 offensive skills obsolete, so they all needed a Tier 4 version to compete.

Well, that is true, but it doesn't explain why they are so rushed in introducing offensive skills when they could also introducing tier 4 skills of B or C skills instead of focusing on offensive skills. 

Gah... these packs have horrible secondary rewards!

I have almost every hero as 5* Lv 40, what good are these crystals to me?

And an Aether Raids material? Useless...

The only worthwhile things in the packs are the heroes, who are good fodder and good units in general, but they're hardly worth $27 and $75 USD unless you want the orbs as well...

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So... What do you think about this leak:

Hide contents

1574920180732.png

If it's true... It's 2 Green and 1 red, and why Thrasir is a Mythic Hero and Hel doesn't?!

What is the source for it? Is there any reason to believe it?

Given that it seems to use art that's already available, I see no reason to give it any credibility unless there's a reputable source backing it up - and this isn't the sort of thing they usually find.

In addition to the color imbalance and that Lif and Hel as regular heroes doesn't make sense (and the fact that they haven't done a three-hero main banner in almost a year), I don't think it's actually make sense for it to run anytime in December. Most likely, it'll be one standard banner with the launch of Book 4 followed by two seasonal banners - and if not that, Farfetched 3 would make a lot more sense.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I also would argue darting breath isn't needed. Enemy phase units don't need speed after all.

Spd tanks exist, it is just not built as often. Super tanks and Null C-Disrupt are generally of the Spd tank variety.

Super tanks in Aether Raids need Spd to avoid being killed by Alm: Saint King, although preventing his doubles usually is not too hard with M!Corrins since you can run up to 3 Drive Spds if the tank is a slowpoke.

Units with Distant Counter Weapons and Null C-Disrupt would also like more Spd to prevent being doubled by Firesweepers.

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Quick kinda unrelated rant, but while im perfectly aware sometime bundles like these are rather overpriced i never quite get why theyre often hated

Gacha is fucking cancer and being able to buy directly is great. I'd prefer if every gacha had a way for you to outright buy the units you want priced in accordance to the summon currency value averages or something although FEH is kinda weird in this regard because FEH Orb value is made around the idea that your supposed to mass summons(and we get a lot of them as result) so the orb pricing in the shop feels overpriced since it largely is priced the same as currency in other games where its MUCH less common - oh well that, amongst others is one of many reason how little sense it made when it comes to "digital currency"/"product value" stuff etc

Yes FEH technically didn't have the cancer from say yugioh "shortprinting" that causes buying singles to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better in every way possible since you can buy 10 boxes which didn't average 1 phantazmay when you can buy an entire playset off that

^^^^ THANK YOU!

I agree that tying a unit to the higher possible number of orbs like they did with the New Year OCs is a bit scummy, but if they tie extra rewards to the middle tier bundles, or the low tier bundles like they do every month, there is nothing to complain about. Except the pricing of orbs itself but that's another matter.

Personally I will buy all three bundles because I need all the help I can get to pull Altina. And Roy and Tharja are nice extras to have.

Okay, so I think I may make an eyepatch team sometime. Team Vision Impaired. (Hopefully, they're not all missing the same side, or blindsiding would be too likely...) Haar has one, Niles has one, Basilio isn't in the game yet but has one... That would be 3. Ah! A 3H character has one, too. I can include him, if this version gets into the game. Oh, there's Nailah too (but having a team of beorcs makes transforming hard...) Even so, that's only 3 in the list in the game... Who else has an eyepatch? I know there are more...

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Okay, so I think I may make an eyepatch team sometime. Team Vision Impaired. (Hopefully, they're not all missing the same side, or blindsiding would be too likely...) Haar has one, Niles has one, Basilio isn't in the game yet but has one... That would be 3. Ah! A 3H character has one, too. I can include him, if this version gets into the game. Oh, there's Nailah too (but having a team of beorcs makes transforming hard...) Even so, that's only 3 in the list in the game... Who else has an eyepatch? I know there are more...

Saber. With Nailah, Haar and Niles you have full color coverage. 

Edited by Jave

The bundles with Heroes in them so far (including the new ones) have always been exactly the same price as the usual number of orbs tied with it.

For players that normally buy orbs, these packs are always worth it IF you normally buy at least that number of orbs over the course of a year since the Hero and bonus resources are essentially free. (As long as you have the willpower to spend the orbs only as quickly as you normally buy them.)

If you don't normally buy that many orbs over the course of a year, then it's entirely your own value judgment if it's worth it or not.

7 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Enemy phase units don't need speed after all.

Spd tanks would like to have a word with you.

also, why Fort Def Res only cuts atk by 2 but boosts def res by 6, when LnD 4 cuts def res by 5 ?

Because tanks still need an Atk stat whereas glass cannons, particularly those with mechanics that prevent the opponent from getting a hit in (Mareeta, Brave Lyn, etc.), don't need their Def or Res stats.

Well, that is true, but it doesn't explain why they are so rushed in introducing offensive skills when they could also introducing tier 4 skills of B or C skills instead of focusing on offensive skills. 

Because a large number of B skills do not have numeric effects that are easy to scale up (just an HP threshold), and the majority of C skills aren't really in need of a buff. The majority of B skills that do have numeric effects are all debuffs, and most of them are relatively recent skills (or are the Seal line of skills, which is long dead due to its poor effect timing and target).

The actual urgency of introducing these skills is also much lower than the urgency for A skills due to the fact that most of them are not in direct competition with each other. There is no substitute for Desperation like there is a substitute for Life and Death, for example.

The currently existing Tier 4 C skills are all still rather niche because they are in direct competition with Tier 3 C skills of roughly equal strength. This makes the Tier 4 C skills less attractive than the Tier 4 A skills that are all a noticeable improvement over other Tier 3 A skills.

Tier 4 Hone skills are still comparable to Tier 3 Tactic skills while Tactic skills are far easier to obtain. Tier 4 Threaten skills are extremely unreliable due to their strict positioning requirements, making them an inferior version of Surtr's Menace (which deals damage) and the new Oath skills. Only the Joint Hone skills are really unique enough to stand out from existing Tier 3 skills, but even then only barely.