Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Huh, only just remembered that there was a Hero Fest in December last year. Hopefully the same happens this year - and the possibility means I'm definitely not spending any real amount of orbs on this Mythic or any other current or forthcoming banner. That said, we had a Summer Hero Fest this year, which didn't happen last year so there's really no discernable pattern with these things.

The banner was Owain/Ophelia/Lewyn/Eir by the way. Not units I personally would like, but undeniably desirable for most people. I like the the most recent one way better.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I really cannot understand why IS doesn't offer more character + orb packs similar to the BK deal.  The Tharja pack is cheaper than I thought it would be, but I still don't think she's worth $30.  Most of that price comes from the 50 orbs anyway, and I could do without those in an instant if I could get the character affordably.  The Roy pack is useless to anyone who isn't already spending that kind of money on this game.  Now if they offered something like say, Winter Robin + some orb pocket change for $5.99 on top of the other three deals, that might be a little more enticing.  The whales will buy that too, and they would get a lot more people to open their wallets who might otherwise not have (myself included).  

1 minute ago, DLNarshen said:

I really cannot understand why IS doesn't offer more character + orb packs similar to the BK deal.  The Tharja pack is cheaper than I thought it would be, but I still don't think she's worth $30.  Most of that price comes from the 50 orbs anyway, and I could do without those in an instant if I could get the character affordably.  The Roy pack is useless to anyone who isn't already spending that kind of money on this game.  Now if they offered something like say, Winter Robin + some orb pocket change for $5.99 on top of the other three deals, that might be a little more enticing.  The whales will buy that too, and they would get a lot more people to open their wallets who might otherwise not have (myself included).  

Because the BK deal is too good, that's the point. It's something they offer once to get people started on spending orbs, then after that you have to deal with the worse rates. 

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Because the BK deal is too good, that's the point. It's something they offer once to get people started on spending orbs, then after that you have to deal with the worse rates. 

Too good relative to what?  It's two orbs, a character, and currency easily obtained elsewhere for two dollars less than the $5.99 pack.  For the two times this sort of event has been done since the game's launch, I don't think it's unreasonable.    

54 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Too good relative to what?  It's two orbs, a character, and currency easily obtained elsewhere for two dollars less than the $5.99 pack.  For the two times this sort of event has been done since the game's launch, I don't think it's unreasonable.    

The "a character" part. 

It's not as big of a deal for a grail unit, at least now that grails exist, but for a unit only available as a 5* summon, sniping them from a banner tends to require around $100 worth of orbs on average. 

Edited by Othin

Another month goes by without a Henry refine.

Well, at least Arthur got a refine.

EDIT: Clive getting a refine gives me hope that other GHB and TT units will also get them.

Edited by Sunwoo

18 hours ago, Jave said:

Saber. With Nailah, Haar and Niles you have full color coverage. 

Ahh, of course! Thanks. I've wanted Saber since he was available, but I sadly don't have him yet... Likewise for many heroes, but eh. I also don't have Nailah yet. Maybe I'll make this team sometime in the future!

40 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Don't like that two units of the same weapon and move type are getting refines at the same time instead of providing more variety, but eh.

you mean like stave infantry refines that are long overdue?

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

you mean like stave infantry refines that are long overdue?

I'd be delighted with that since I still lack a grey 5*+10 but just in general having two cavalry lancers at the same time means less interesting stuff for people who aren't interested in one. I already have an Oscar +10 myself so straight away that rules out half of this month's options.

Some nice picks, although personally I'm still most hoping for a Fae prf.

Since this only addressed the weapon update, we can assume there will be a Feh Channel in a few days for the rest of the update. Which is not at all a surprise given that 4.0 is expected this month, but still.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also excited about Arthur, would like him to have a nice niche with his prf!

With how crazy some Weapons have been released lately, I am hoping that Arthur gets double Tactics (or even quad Tactics) on his Weapon if they keep his Emerald Axe.

It's awesome that Clive is getting a refine, means they'll (hopefully) give other GHB/TT units something in the future. And now with Mia getting her refine, Joshua and Dorcas should maybe follow in the coming months.

But, as I've been saying for months...WHERE'S REBECCA?!

38 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Dorcas

I am hoping for something broken like Meister effect with Null C-Disrupt on top. I have a +Atk copy ready to overwrite my +Def copy if that happens.

Pretty sad that Mia is the most interesting of the refines of this bunch but it's cool that some underwhelming units are getting refines as well as her.

To me there's pretty much no salvaging Clive, Matilda or Arthur but at least the enthusiasts will have some new toys to play with when they drop.

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

To me there's pretty much no salvaging Clive, Matilda or Arthur but at least the enthusiasts will have some new toys to play with when they drop.

Mathilda is literally just Peri with 4 Atk moved to Res. It's not that hard to make that work.

Clive is Silas with 2 less Atk and some Def and Res moved to HP. Again, not hard to address with a good weapon. The bigger issue is the fact that you need Grails to merge him.

Arthur's the one who's actually in trouble, but at least he'll require less drastic measures to fix than Niles, Subaki, or Selena. What Arthur lacks most right now is direction (seems fitting) as his mediocre, but not bad, stats in every single stat means he can do a lot of things, but absolutely none of them competitively. His stat spread is literally the archetype for "at least he can be decent with Triangle Adept".

Oh yeah, RIP Awakening Summer Tiki, too, since an exclusive weapon for Arthur will pretty much completely fill up the Atk gap between them.

Hrm... I wish there was an easier way to get Kestrel Stance. I'd like it on my Sothis, but I don't want to get rid of my Legendary Ryoma. So, I'd have to pull a spare Legendary Ryoma, but he doesn't come up all that often.

On 12/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, Mercakete said:

Hrm... I wish there was an easier way to get Kestrel Stance. I'd like it on my Sothis, but I don't want to get rid of my Legendary Ryoma. So, I'd have to pull a spare Legendary Ryoma, but he doesn't come up all that often.

it's weird that no other hero have Kestral Stance, but again... took more than a yean to have another unit with Bracing Stance and Res Smoke, and almost two year to have another unit with Bracing Blow.