Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

On 11/30/2019 at 1:24 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Clive is Silas with 2 less Atk and some Def and Res moved to HP. Again, not hard to address with a good weapon. The bigger issue is the fact that you need Grails to merge him.

Then at that point just merge Camus.

Have we seen the new refines yet 🤔

Also, hi! Also also, give me money to pull for another Altina or else.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

How you doing? Have not seen you in a while.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Why would you want to merge Camus when (1) all of his stats except Spd are strictly worse than Clive's and (2) he's still stuck with an unrefinable Gradivus when Clive is getting a shiny new weapon this round?

Nope. Refines always come with the update that implements the first new character banner of the month.

If you pay for the maintenance on my car, sure.

Also, Hi! Long time no see.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, XRay said:

How you doing? Have not seen you in a while.

Fine as wine as always ~

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why would you want to merge Camus when (1) all of his stats except Spd are strictly worse than Clive's and (2) he's still stuck with an unrefinable Gradivus when Clive is getting a shiny new weapon this round?

because he's Camus

What is the best thing to spend your grails on anyway. I'm not sure what I want to do.

I already have a +10 of each color, but Nino is ranged and both Nowi and Soleil are melee. So if I wanted to merge someone up I'd want them to be ranged blue or red or melee green 🤔

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

What is the best thing to spend your grails on anyway. I'm not sure what I want to do.

Aversa is hands down the best Grail unit in the game right now. Her weapon is absurdly good for a free unit.

Due to the fact that post-Legendary Azura dancers have stats that match the current Generation instead of being locked to Generation 1 stats, Dancer Rinea is also a pretty decent choice. Plus, as a blue tome, she can just Blarblade things regardless of stats.

Winter Cecilia is a good ranged armor if you are in need of one, especially since daggers actually have decent options now.

If Aversa is not enough rangedness and flyingness for you, there's also Spring Loki and Onsen Camilla.

Bride Louise is a passable cavalry bow if you need one that's easy to merge (though she's the weakest one in the game) and isn't green (Python is 4-star summonable, but is green instead of colorless).

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I already have a +10 of each color, but Nino is ranged and both Nowi and Soleil are melee. So if I wanted to merge someone up I'd want them to be ranged blue or red or melee green 🤔

Best ranged red would be Aversa. Her debuffs are pretty strong.

Best ranged blue nuke would be Brunnya, Darkness Within Delthea, or A Special Soiree Rinea. I lean towards Brunnya since she can ignore debuffs, but DW!Delthea and ASS!Rinea are faster. ASS!Rinea can Dance so she is good too.

I guess Linus would be a decent green melee, but we gave Raven and he does not cost any Grails. Adrift Azura is green and she can Sing, but she is not melee.

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Who let you back in?

Not to my knowledge, probably in the next patch.

You need to be the one giving me money, though.

56 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You need to be the one giving me money, though.

The only thing I need to do is pay taxes, thank you very much.

ALSO! I decided to let myself back in. So ha ~

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Best ranged red would be Aversa. Her debuffs are pretty strong.

Best ranged blue nuke would be Brunnya, Darkness Within Delthea, or A Special Soiree Rinea. I lean towards Brunnya since she can ignore debuffs, but DW!Delthea and ASS!Rinea are faster. ASS!Rinea can Dance so she is good too.

I guess Linus would be a decent green melee, but we gave Raven and he does not cost any Grails. Adrift Azura is green and she can Sing, but she is not melee.

I dont do AR... I know Aversa is pretty useful there. But ehhhhhh.... I guess I do have a Laegjarn sitting here for red duel flying though.

Delthea would be an interesting choice.... but her speed is still kinda abysmal. I'll probably stick with just merging up a Tharja and run double blade +10 like tried and true scum.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Aversa is hands down the best Grail unit in the game right now. Her weapon is absurdly good for a free unit.

Yeah that's the thing. Everyone else's weapons or stats are just gabbage. And the one's that aren't gabbage are swords. I dont need more swords 

Cecilia actually does seem like a good option. I'd just need to feed her all the OP daggers. I do already have sky meowgee so ~

And yet we still get more swords!

Thanks y'all 

Now it's time for me to disappear again

Spoiler

JPEG_20191103_133357.jpg.9f1a1505f999f8a4de3736175cb204d3.jpg

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Delthea would be an interesting choice.... but her speed is still kinda abysmal. I'll probably stick with just merging up a Tharja and run double blade +10 like tried and true scum.

She's got 37 base Spd with her weapon equipped, and her first merge bonus gives +1 to HP, Atk, and Spd, so that's basically equivalent to base 35 Spd with a Spd Asset on any other character (without a Spd-boosting weapon).

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She's got 37 base Spd with her weapon equipped, and her first merge bonus gives +1 to HP, Atk, and Spd, so that's basically equivalent to base 35 Spd with a Spd Asset on any other character (without a Spd-boosting weapon).

Ah, so it's not abysmal, just sort of abysmal

Speed is speed regardless I guess. Brunnya gets the same +4 buff but starts out with 2 less speed... more HP and res but Deltheas weapon gives res +3 anyway... on top of the +4

I guess that isnt so bad. But what set would she run anyway 🤔

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I guess that isnt so bad. But what set would she run anyway 🤔

Fury + Desperation + either Darting Blow or Sturdy Blow depending on how much Spd you want to stack.

If you want to be fancy, you can replace Fury with any of the Tier 4 passive A skills that boost Atk and Spd, but at +10 merge (45 HP) and with Fury 3 (total 10 recoil), you only need to take 2 damage during combat to activate Desperation. With Fury 4, you always drop into Desperation range after 1 round of combat.

Just now, Zeo said:

Oh look it's @Arcanite 

Long time no see brah. Seeing you here is nostalgic. I'm not the only one that took a long break it seems.

YES IT IS ME

I stopped playing the game multiple times actually. I probably have the least 5 stars of all the OG people I've seen here

I came back specifically for Fimbulvetr 

Because I like the name of the tome. It was cool in Sacred Stones so I was leik

Gimme that!

IF ONLY Gleipnr was on Ewan... that would have been so much more cool...

Apparently I'm the only person who actually used all three of the trainees

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fury + Desperation + either Darting Blow or Sturdy Blow depending on how much Spd you want to stack.

If you want to be fancy, you can replace Fury with any of the Tier 4 passive A skills that boost Atk and Spd, but at +10 merge (45 HP) and with Fury 3 (total 10 recoil), you only need to take 2 damage during combat to activate Desperation. With Fury 4, you always drop into Desperation range after 1 round of combat.

Brazen atk/spd seal sounds legit too. I think Delthea may be the way to go ~

Thank you sensei 🙏

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

YES IT IS ME

I stopped playing the game multiple times actually. I probably have the least 5 stars of all the OG people I've seen here

I came back specifically for Fimbulvetr 

Because I like the name of the tome. It was cool in Sacred Stones so I was leik

Gimme that!

I'm actually one of those traditionalists that started with FE7 and was ever so slightly disappointed that Fimbulvetr didn't come with Sonia or Limstella.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

IF ONLY Gleipnr was on Ewan... that would have been so much more cool...

Apparently I'm the only person who actually used all three of the trainees

BROTHER! Yeah, I used all three trainees too even if Amelia and especially Ewan were a pain to train.

Funny you mention Gleipnr considering I made Ewan on a druid on my strongest playthrough with the trainees. Berserker Ross, General Amelia and Druid Ewan were virtually invincible that run. Ross is my favorite SS character also so him dropping into the 3-4* pool was a dream come true (even if it was at the sacrifice of his Hatchet). And yeah Ewan not having a personal tome was a missed opportunity, instead they just used him like Lugh to introduce the last Serpent tome while simultaneously keeping it *5 locked even though his base kit isn't particularly desirable. In a perfect world he should have demoted.

Knoll deserves Gleipnr if we're being honest though. He's the one that's been truly shafted.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I'm actually one of those traditionalists that started with FE7 and was ever so slightly disappointed that Fimbulvetr didn't come with Sonia or Limstella.

Sacred Stones was my first game so I wasnt very far off

Thank you very much 😤

I was hoping for it to be on Saleh or something but lo and behold

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

BROTHER! Yeah, I used all three trainees too even if Amelia and especially Ewan were a pain to train.

Funny you mention Gleipnr considering I made Ewan on a druid on my strongest playthrough with the trainees. Berserker Ross, General Amelia and Druid Ewan were virtually invincible that run. Ross is my favorite SS character also so him dropping into the 3-4* pool was a dream come true (even if it was at the sacrifice of his Hatchet). And yeah Ewan not having a personal tome was a missed opportunity, instead they just used him like Lugh to introduce the last Serpent tome while simultaneously keeping it *5 locked even though his base kit isn't particularly desirable. In a perfect world he should have demoted.

Knoll deserves Gleipnr if we're being honest though. He's the one that's been truly shafted.

Yup

Druid Ewan carries hard. Amelia ends up being a better Paladin than Seth.

Why did they give Ephraim Garm

What about Garcia

What about Ross

And I actually completely agree with you on Knoll. What about Gleipnr on him? How do we get Dozla, Marisa, and hecking Gerik (all units you dont get to use until like what mid game) and STILL NO FRANZ 😢

At least Ross' stats aren't complete gabbage 

I'm not a guy so we cant be brothers 

Spoiler

But we can be brother ladies

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Knoll isn't a royal. He doesn't deserve anything (besides being in the game).

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Why did they give Ephraim Garm

With the Sacred Twins going to the royals of their associated nations, Eirika and Ephraim make the most sense for Grado's Sacred Twins since they presumably inherit them from Lyon after the war.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Got myself a +10 Summer Fiora, now I just need to get some good skills for her. Not entirely sure how to build her, other than primarily being player-phase.

For low difficulty modes, you can keep most of her base kit and have Mordecari Smite her into enemies. She gets 5+5/5+5/5/5 buffs and enemies get -4/-4/-4/-4 debuffs.

For actually using her, the standard Player Phase set and every other set has been the same.

Standard Player Phase — Slaying
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

Standard Player Phase — Brave
Brave Sword
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

Standard Player Phase — Wo/Harmonic and Everything Else
Wo Dao [Spd] — Cake Cutter [Spd] — (Any Player Phase non-Slaying Weapon)
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Desperation
(Any C)
Heavy Blade

Galeforce
Slaying Edge [Spd]
Repositon
Galeforce
Life and Death — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
Def Smoke — (Any C)
Heavy Blade

Firesweep-Hit and Run
Firesweep S
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Luna
Hit and Run
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade — Poison Strike

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Knoll isn't a royal. He doesn't deserve anything (besides being in the game).

Implying that being a royal means you're entitled to special treatment. Tell that to half of the launch units. (Or Lyon himself, who's Nagalfar is literally just a slightly stronger raven tome.)

Knoll should have gotten the Glephnir on the principle that he's the only unit in the game that uses magic of that type. Unless you promote Ewan into a Druid, your only option is Knoll, that's it. I don't even care about Knoll as a character, but if anyone deserves the S rank dark tome, it's the unit in the game that actually used dark magic and not an alt of a character that never used magic at any point. 

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Implying that being a royal means you're entitled to special treatment.

Except it does for the Sacred Stones characters. The Sacred Twins so far have only been given to the royals of the nation associated with the particular Sacred Twin, and that makes sense from a lore perspective. Ephraim has Siegmund. Eirika has Sieglinde. Innes has Nidhogg. Tana has Vidofnir. Larchel has Ivaldi. Joshua has Audhumla.

Grado has no royal other than Lyon, who is already tied up with his signature Naglfar, and he certainly can't use axes, so the most reasonable characters to give Grado's Sacred Twins are Ephraim and Eirika, who have history with Lyon, can believably use those weapon types (Ephraim is a Great Knight in Awakening, Fado is General in Sacred Stones, Eirika has history studying with Lyon and can use staves in Awakening), and can believably be assumed to have inherited custody of Grado's Sacred Twins after the war.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Tell that to half of the launch units.

None of the launch units were Sacred Stones characters. They have no bearing on how the Sacred Twins are distributed.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

(Or Lyon himself, who's Nagalfar is literally just a slightly stronger raven tome.)

Whether or not the weapon is good is also irrelevant. He got the weapon.

Even if how good the weapon is mattered (it doesn't), it can eventually get a refine anyways.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Knoll should have gotten the Glephnir on the principle that he's the only unit in the game that uses magic of that type.

Being the only character in the game that can use a weapon type doesn't somehow automatically entitle them to get the S-rank weapon of that type.

Even more so when said weapon carries around lore as baggage.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

but if anyone deserves the S rank dark tome,

No one in any game is entitled to the highest-rank weapon of their weapon type unless there is a canon reason to get it.

If they get it, good for them. If they don't, too bad.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fiora is a sword unit.

Pegasus knights all look alike. I will fix it.