Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I thought you only like fliers. 

lol. i can really understand how you (or anyone else can see that). 
I really do love fliers (see: me trying to make everyone in 3 Houses fly). but i also do like a lot of units. Ophelia, Olivia, Nephenee etc. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Ice Dragon Curious whats your thought for this round of refine? Except the obvious "Oh boy they put in Nameless Blade again"

....kinda feel theyre a bit underwhelming tbh. Did i read it wrong or did they seriously give Arthur a Penalty oriented weapon and for the first time this is done did not give him a penalty nulification? I guess theres a secondary condition to take care of it but still

Refines overall are underwhelming to me. Arthur get's situational +8 to all stats but all that does is put him on par with other units of his type so, eh. Clive and Matilda's refines are cute but ultimately underwhelming and extremely restrictive, they're reduced to a variation of M!Corrin. Mia gets a Vassal's Blade with a Wo Dao effect instead of a Slaying Effect. Which is good, just that speed creep is the worst creep and a slaying effect has a lot more versatility.

I love Mia, if I was going to spend dew on any one of this bunch it would be her but actually I'm going to sit on my dew this time.

50 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Refines overall are underwhelming to me. Arthur get's situational +8 to all stats but all that does is put him on par with other units of his type so, eh. Clive and Matilda's refines are cute but ultimately underwhelming and extremely restrictive, they're reduced to a variation of M!Corrin. Mia gets a Vassal's Blade with a Wo Dao effect instead of a Slaying Effect. Which is good, just that speed creep is the worst creep and a slaying effect has a lot more versatility.

I love Mia, if I was going to spend dew on any one of this bunch it would be her but actually I'm going to sit on my dew this time.

Where do you find the data mine for the Refine info? It is still blank on Gamepress.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Where do you find the data mine for the Refine info? It is still blank on Gamepress.

Reddit has posts of the refines.

So Mathilda got switch to Slaying huh? Clive gets armour effectiveness, which is neat since I gave him a Heavy Spear so I can just upgrade that. Looks like I need to use Supports more though for Mathilda to get more stats.

I am going put my thoughts on the Refines in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler

Arthur
Ouch. He is missing that key Penalty nullification during combat. He could have been a super tank that rivals Sharena, but nope. It is not bad, just unimpressive and not enough to make him a standout choice.

Mathilda and Clive
Pretty nice boon for cavalry supertanks. I lean towards Clive being a bit better since he got Slaying Spear.

Mia
Pretty good.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

I lean towards Clive being a bit better since he got ****.

Other way around.

For me personally, this round of refines does nothing, which is fully as expected. The horse twins are out since I have Oscar fully built, Arthur isn't worth looking at, and I'm not going to spend resources on an unmerged neutral Mia. I may have 1500+ stones and 900+ dew but even then there aren't many units there that look worth spending any of it on.

Edited by Humanoid

28 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Other way around.

Spoiler

Mathilda got Slaying Lance/Killer Lance.

Clive got Slaying Spear/Heavy Spear.

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Most important news today (apart from free light dancer):

1575529385472.jpg

That would be amazing. Bonus kills fucking suck.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I am going put my thoughts on the Refines in spoilers just in case.

Hide contents

Arthur
Ouch. He is missing that key Penalty nullification during combat. He could have been a super tank that rivals Sharena, but nope. It is not bad, just unimpressive and not enough to make him a standout choice.

Mathilda and Clive
Pretty nice boon for cavalry supertanks. I lean towards Clive being a bit better since he got Slaying Spear.

Mia
Pretty good.

I think people are underestimating Arthur's refine. It might not look awesome on paper, but this thing can definitly put in some work and can be easy activated in Aether Raids, especially with his Balanced stat spread. I mean its not optimal, but its far from not being usable and not good

It's surprising that it took them this long to do something about Arena. When they implemented the bonus kill system I got the impression that almost nobody wanted it or liked it, so I would think the feedback must have been pretty harsh. That change was implemented without warning and made the Arena essentially a completely different mode to what it had been up until that point, so as expected it would be controversial, yet they haven't touched the mode at all until now for some reason.

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

It's surprising that it took them this long to do something about Arena. When they implemented the bonus kill system I got the impression that almost nobody wanted it or liked it, so I would think the feedback must have been pretty harsh. That change was implemented without warning and made the Arena essentially a completely different mode to what it had been up until that point, so as expected it would be controversial, yet they haven't touched the mode at all until now for some reason.

They changed it it back then so people would pull for Bonus units to score higher and start investing into high BST cheerleaders. They are changing it now because:
Alot of people have built up their Cheerleaders and Duellskills A-Slot skills arent making such an impact as they wanted (prolly).

With this change they can actually promote easier Pair-up Legendaries, because you only need to kill 1 unit with the bonus unit, meaning the rest can be handled by Pair-up Legendaries with Arena stat bonus blessing or by new/higher 185 BST units.

It also opens up the possibility for people to invest more into Tier 4 offensiv skills outside of AR. (mind you you didnt want to kill a unit with a Cheerleader).

This is just a change from IS to make pulling for Arena worth it again in the future.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

I think people are underestimating Arthur's refine. It might not look awesome on paper, but this thing can definitly put in some work and can be easy activated in Aether Raids, especially with his Balanced stat spread. I mean its not optimal, but its far from not being usable and not good

What Arthur needs is not something that is just "okay." He needs something stronger to be really worth using.

He is less vulnerable to debuffs, but being less vulnerable is not enough. Sharena completely shuts down enemy buffs. Laegjarn "shuts down" enemy buffs by giving herself twice the amount of enemy buffs. Brunnya completely shuts down debuffs on herself. Arthur needs something similar on that scale. As it is, Arthur is just a little less vulnerable to debuffs, and being just a little less vulnerable is not enough to offset his lower BST.

He is usable and he is not bad, but he is not really that good either.

Edited by XRay

Arthur's Axe: I'm not gonna say that it's a bad refine or that it's on a bad unit (Arthur getting +8 to his stats is great), but I still don't really wanna use Arthur that badly... he goes from being horrid to being about on par with most Armors at maximum potential, but without the benefits of Armor-exclusive skills. The fact that it takes his Weapon slot for this to happen though... it could have been used for other things, but instead it has to be used to make Arthur any good in terms of stats.

Lordly Lance/Knightly Lance: One with armor killing, the other with slaying, both have an effect that's something of a mix between refined Yato and Ranulf's beast weapon. I get the feeling they're supposed to be used together, but who would use two Lance Cavs on the same team without going for a themed team...?
Anyway, not bad, but I'm also not clamoring to put it on either unit. Clive is just fine with his Luncheon Lance, thank you very much. Mathilda... I can't help but feel she should have gotten more... I mean, end of the day her Atk is still pretty lacking...

Resolute Blade: Simple damage boost, nothing much to it. Mia is incredibly fast even without a Spd asset (mine is +Atk), so she should be getting the full extent of the refine a lot of the time.

Not that exciting a refinery batch, but it's not like they're that bad either...

@XRay is there a reason why you're spoilering everything? The weapons are released and available.

Edited by Xenomata

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay is there a reason why you're spoilering everything? The weapons are released and available.

Oh, never mind then. I thought they were not released yet.

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Lordly Lance/Knightly Lance: One with armor killing, the other with slaying, both have an effect that's something of a mix between refined Yato and Ranulf's beast weapon. I get the feeling they're supposed to be used together, but who would use two Lance Cavs on the same team without going for a themed team...?

I do not think they are meant to be used together. I think they are for cavalry super tanks since they provide a little more buffs compared to M!Corrin when you factor in Goad Cavalry and Ward Cavalry. Now that I have done the math, they just seem okay rather than amazing, so never mind. I mean, they are still good for cavalry super tanks, but they are just not flexible like M!Corrin. I guess Goad Cavalry and Ward Cavalry is cheaper than Distant Guard and Close Guard, so there is that.

M!Corrin
4/4/4/4 = 16
Drive = 3
Drive = 3
Total = 22

M!Corrin
4/4/4/4 = 16
Distant Guard/Close Guard = 4
Drive = 3
Total 23
I am dividing Distant Guard/Close Guard by half, assuming the team runs 2 M!Corrin and the other one runs the other Guard.

Mathilda/Clive
3/3/3/3 buffs = 12
Goad/Ward = 8
Drive = 3
Total = 23

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Alexmender

Screenshot_20191205-012318_Fire_Emblem_H

I pulled the trigger. Gonna try throwing her at some formations in Astra season with MCorrin back up. Double red, but eh.

Nice! If you can get her and Corrin some Tactics buffs (and destroy the Panic Manor early on) I'm certain she'll be able to almost solo the map. 

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Nice! If you can get her and Corrin some Tactics buffs (and destroy the Panic Manor early on) I'm certain she'll be able to almost solo the map. 

I have a Link and Shove on Corrin, and Tactics on other members. It should work, yeah. Will probably give her a Stance seal for actual combat.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy