Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

As much as I love Peony and the Fairy theme, I have to say the secretly best update is being able to create up to five skill sets for each character. That is pretty amazing. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

As much as I love Peony and the Fairy theme, I have to say the secretly best update is being able to create up to five skill sets for each character. That is pretty amazing. 

Hasn't this been in the game for a long time though? The only new part is that you can now access it from a unit's statscreen.

Gah, I misclicked and made my dancer wait instead of dance on the final map of Squad Assault, so I had to do the whole thing again. And it had to be the one with all the "defend for x turns" maps as well...

28 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Well @Othin,

Reveal hidden contents

Pugi is apparently here. I'm not sure how to feel about Conditional Distant Counter though.

Conditional DC is exactly what I was hoping for personally, although I was expecting it to come with the Wo Dao effect instead of Slaying. 

3 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Hasn't this been in the game for a long time though? The only new part is that you can now access it from a unit's statscreen.

Was it? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I missed it.

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

Was it? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I missed it.

Yeah, I checked and the skill sets feature was added in version 2.8.0, over a year ago at this point. Until now you had to access it via the Change Equipment menu or the one of the green buttons before entering a battle, so if you usually just autopiloted through those menus I can see how it would be possible to miss. It's definitely more noticable now that it's on the stat screen.

So I never looked into how the reward feathers for the dining hall work and only just now learned that I've missed all the rewards since the building's introduction up to now. Whoops. I should also go buy the extra plots for the field now for extra ingredients, huh?

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

So I never looked into how the reward feathers for the dining hall work and only just now learned that I've missed all the rewards since the building's introduction up to now. Whoops. I should also go buy the extra plots for the field now for extra ingredients, huh?

You didn't miss too much since the kitchen rewards are not weekly (every 4 weeks?). If you want them, the extra field plots help. More importantly (at least for me) are the field plots to grow dragon flowers. 

I'm not 100% sure on this; I think I got this assumption correct, but I'd like a second opinion on something I just came across in Forging Bonds (the general C-rank dialogue after viewing all individual C-rank dialogues, one of which fully officializes "Shannan"), you'll have to view the full picture:

Edited by shiningpikablu252

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I kind of want a banner with both Mareeta's now. No other units, just the two of them. Would make a killing probably.

Eighth Camilla gets released in a new Focus that features all eight Camillas for Camilla Voting Gauntlet.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Eighth Camilla gets released in a new Focus that features all eight Camillas for Camilla Voting Gauntlet.

LOL

Camilla Voting Gauntlet would be amazing, just because of the chaos that it would create. Since one of the Camillas is a grails unit, we could have 2 3-Camillas banners, and the 8th Camilla could be her Legendary Version, so the VG can happen in the same week we have the Legendary Banner, like how we got the Nifl Vs Múspell VG, and the Legendary Banner had both Hríd and Gunnthrá.

Bracing Stance 3 is going to be a thing in the future. Surtr with Bracing Stance 3 is going to be fun.

Edit: Forgot dual stat skills like Swift Sparrow are a number less than their tier.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bracing Stance 3.

Bracing Stance 2 is a Tier 3 skill.

Yeah, forgot about that. I think I equated a tier 4 skill with the same number if that makes any sense.

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

So Clive's weapon is pretty um

It might not be the most amazing thing ever, but if you happen to use a cavalry supertank, it saves you from switching M!Corrins Ally Support back and forth every week.

Edited by XRay

Sorry for double post, it seems like I could edit my above post, but I could not edit the following section in. Maybe there is a size limit? Anyways...

@Anacybele, that reminds me, I think I remember reading you said you wanted to build up Frederick or Silas as a super tank somewhere, so I think this would be a pretty good time to start planning and budgeting for that super tank.

Since both Clive and Mathilda are blue though, I am not sure if you want to use Silas as a supertank, cause then you will be running like 3 blues with 1 Silas and 2 Clives/Mathildas. That makes the team too blue heavy, and green threats are pretty common in Aether Raids.

I think Frederick would be good, but if I recall correctly, you have a +Def one. You probably need a either a +Spd or +Res one for the best results; I lean towards +Spd. I do not think you should change your +Def one to +Spd nor +Res since that would make your current Frederick suboptimal in other modes. However, if you are open to the idea of building a second Frederick, you can hunt for a +Spd copy now and Favorite him. I do not recommend building him now though since we are still missing some key ingredients to boost his Res, which are Barrier Axe and an Astra Mythic that boosts Res.

I highlighted things that cost Feathers in blue and things that costs Orbs in red.

Frederick, +10+5, Summoner Support, 2 Res Mythics
+Spd
Barrier Axe [Res] (Not Yet Released)
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Distant Def
We are looking at 68/56/36+3/43+3/35+10. You add an additional +6 to Def/Res against ranged for the Distant Def.

Barrier Axe is in purple since I am not sure if they will demote it. Do not worry about Ruptured Sky if you cannot afford it as Moonbow will work just fine. I am not sure about recommending Pulse Smoke since Frederick will essentially be a Spd tank, so I am not sure if protecting against Specials would be necessary; it is also way more expensive, so you can just stick with Atk Smoke.

2 Clives
Lordly Lance [special]
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
(Any A)
(Any B)
Goad Cavalry
Drive Spd — Drive Res
The two Clives together will provide 15/18/7/10 buffs.

If I did my math right, we are looking at a stat total of 68/56+15/36+21/43+10/35+20. Basically 68/71/57/53/55 to keep it more clean, or 68/71/57/59/61 against ranged enemies.

If you ever get Brave Heroes Lucina in the meantime, you can change plans and replace one of the Clives with BH!Lucina for her Breath effect. Both Clive and BH!Lucina have Effective Weapons, so that may also help shut down Red bulky armors and dragons that Frederick may have trouble with.

Calculator and Challenger List if anyone wants to check my math. Rearguard is a placeholder so the numbers look right.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Frederick (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Rearguard+  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Distant Counter  
B: Lull Atk Spd 3  
C: Atk Smoke 3  
S: Distant Def 3  
Upgrade Path: 4  

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Sorry for double post, it seems like I could edit my above post, but I could not edit the following section in. Maybe there is a size limit? Anyways...

@Anacybele, that reminds me, I think I remember reading you said you wanted to build up Frederick or Silas as a super tank somewhere, so I think this would be a pretty good time to start planning and budgeting for that super tank.

Since both Clive and Mathilda are blue though, I am not sure if you want to use Silas as a supertank, cause then you will be running like 3 blues with 1 Silas and 2 Clives/Mathildas. That makes the team too blue heavy, and green threats are pretty common in Aether Raids.

I think Frederick would be good, but if I recall correctly, you have a +Def one. You probably need a either a +Spd or +Res one for the best results; I lean towards +Spd. I do not think you should change your +Def one to +Spd nor +Res since that would make your current Frederick suboptimal in other modes. However, if you are open to the idea of building a second Frederick, you can hunt for a +Spd copy now and Favorite him. I do not recommend building him now though since we are still missing some key ingredients to boost his Res, which are Barrier Axe and an Astra Mythic that boosts Res.

I highlighted things that cost Feathers in blue and things that costs Orbs in red.

Frederick, +10+5, Summoner Support, 2 Res Mythics
+Spd
Barrier Axe [Res] (Not Yet Released)
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Distant Def
We are looking at 68/56/36+3/43+3/35+10. You add an additional +6 to Def/Res against ranged for the Distant Def.

Barrier Axe is in purple since I am not sure if they will demote it. Do not worry about Ruptured Sky if you cannot afford it as Moonbow will work just fine. I am not sure about recommending Pulse Smoke since Frederick will essentially be a Spd tank, so I am not sure if protecting against Specials would be necessary; it is also way more expensive, so you can just stick with Atk Smoke.

2 Clives
Lordly Lance [special]
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
(Any A)
(Any B)
Goad Cavalry
Drive Spd — Drive Res
The two Clives together will provide 15/18/7/10 buffs.

If I did my math right, we are looking at a stat total of 68/56+15/36+21/43+10/35+20. Basically 68/71/57/53/55 to keep it more clean, or 68/71/57/59/61 against ranged enemies.

If you ever get Brave Heroes Lucina in the meantime, you can change plans and replace one of the Clives with BH!Lucina for her Breath effect. Both Clive and BH!Lucina have Effective Weapons, so that may also help shut down Red bulky armors and dragons that Frederick may have trouble with.

Calculator and Challenger List if anyone wants to check my math. Rearguard is a placeholder so the numbers look right.

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Frederick (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
Weapon: Rearguard+  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Distant Counter  
B: Lull Atk Spd 3  
😄 Atk Smoke 3  
S: Distant Def 3  
Upgrade Path: 4  

Thanks, but it was Silas I wanted to make into a mixed tank, not Frederick. Freddy's Res is lower. My Silas, meanwhile, has 26 Res, which is what Brave Ike has before buffs and stuff as well. Silas may not have Urvan's cool effects, but he can access horse buffs, and that can let his Res be pretty decent.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks, but it was Silas I wanted to make into a mixed tank, not Frederick. Freddy's Res is lower. My Silas, meanwhile, has 26 Res, which is what Brave Ike has before buffs and stuff as well. Silas may not have Urvan's cool effects, but he can access horse buffs, and that can let his Res be pretty decent.

If you are planning for Silas, then we have practically everything we need except for the Res Astra Mythic, but you should probably use M!Corrin instead of Clive since you do not want to use so many units of one color, and M!Corrin can help shutdown greens that may give Silas trouble.

You probably want to use a +Spd one though, so you might need to build a second one just for Aether Raids. If you have non +Spd Silas already built, I do not recommend switching it to +Spd since that would just make your current Silas less optimal in other modes.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are planning for Silas, then we have practically everything we need except for the Res Astra Mythic, but you should probably use M!Corrin instead of Clive since you do not want to use so many units of one color, and M!Corrin can help shutdown greens that may give Silas trouble.

You probably want to use a +Spd one though, so you might need to build a second one just for Aether Raids. If you have non +Spd Silas already built, I do not recommend switching it to +Spd since that would just make your current Silas less optimal in other modes.

True. Kind of stinks that what works for AR won't work just as well elsewhere.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

to use a cavalry supertank

Like Xander

Or

CAMUS!?!?!?!?

The only two DC horses in the game IIRC. Camus has workable-ish speed with goads and hones too so ~

Only thing is maybe his res but eh who cares.

33 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Like Xander

Or

CAMUS!?!?!?!?

The only two DC horses in the game IIRC. Camus has workable-ish speed with goads and hones too so ~

Only thing is maybe his res but eh who cares.

Don't forget Berkut!