Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I don't think I've been this excited for a GHB in a long time.  Aside from the two from 3H, none of them have been actual villains this year, and then those two were released before I knew much of anything about them.  While Astram was fun I knew deep-down I wasn't going to make a project of him.  Kempf though...I've wanted them to add this glorious man since the game's launch.  I have more than enough sword and grail projects, but I'll have to make room for one more.  That Prf looks jank and fun as hell, and the 11th can't get here soon enough. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Like Xander

Or

CAMUS!?!?!?!?

The only two DC horses in the game IIRC. Camus has workable-ish speed with goads and hones too so ~

Only thing is maybe his res but eh who cares.

I am thinking more towards Death Knight since he can prevent follow ups if the enemy has buffs.

Hríd got Distant Counter. Darkness Within Berkut got conditional Distant Counter.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

The only two DC horses in the game IIRC. Camus has workable-ish speed with goads and hones too so ~

Cavalry units with Distant Counter on their weapons aren't all that competitive anymore. Many of the more recent cavalry units came with exclusive weapons that are comparable in power to defensive passive A skills, meaning it's no longer a huge advantage to have Distant Counter on the weapon slot, not to mention Xander and Camus both have outdated stat totals now.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:58 AM, Zeo said:

Ross, Edward and Ilyana are still my most wanted units in this game at this point. But you know, I'm kinda still waiting for Chad to show up and powercreep his dad Matthew. I'm also kinda waiting for Chad's mom Leila to show up too.

do you think they were considering implementing this pairing scenario during the creation of the game? tweaking the writing of a blazing blade rom and wondering whether or not to go ahead and make them Chads parents. but that way they have to end up in east lycia and get killed so idk if that's what i'd like to do.

2 hours ago, phriendlybear said:

do you think they were considering implementing this pairing scenario during the creation of the game? tweaking the writing of a blazing blade rom and wondering whether or not to go ahead and make them Chads parents. but that way they have to end up in east lycia and get killed so idk if that's what i'd like to do.

I don't think so, unless Chad is some kind of dragon he was born years after Leila died.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I don't think so, unless Chad is some kind of dragon he was born years after Leila died.

Not necessarily. We don't know Leila and Matt's exact age. Leila could have gotten pregnant and already had Chad at any point, as spys they would keep those types of things under tight wraps. Chad has a closer resemblance to Matthew than anyone else in Blazing and given that he's an orphan and there's no mention of Matthew (given his line of work, him disappearing makes perfect sense) it would be a fair assumption that he's his son.

5 hours ago, phriendlybear said:

It's hard to say really. But given that Leila would have had Chad before she died (meaning he was likely a newborn/infant in a safe location during blazing) you'd just have to create a point of death for Matthew at some point as well as the time they conceived him if you were going for that. This would make Chad a few years older than Lugh/Raigh but seeing as I don't think they ever disclosed their ages I don't see it as a problem.

@Zeo While I like the idea of Matthew and Leila being being Chad's parents, doesn't Binding Blade take place 20 years after Blazing Sword? Chad doesn't look like he's 20. It'd also make him older than Klein.

Lugh and Raigh are 13 and Roy is 15. Pretty sure I remember those character ages being officially given somewhere.

Edited by Sunwoo

21 minutes ago, Zeo said:

We don't know Leila and Matt's exact age.

Matthew and Leila are both in their 20's during the events of Blazing Sword. That's more than old enough to have children, even more so in a medieval setting.

23 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Leila could have gotten pregnant and already had Chad at any point,

Chad is in his teens during the events of Binding Blade, which is exactly 20 years after the events of Blazing Sword. Unless Leila somehow gave birth to Chad several years after she died or Ostia has exclusive access to the Deeprealms and has been hiding its existence from the rest of Elibe, that's not possible.

So, current characters teased by Meet the Heroes:

• Kris (Norne)
  • Halvan (Eyvel, Osian)
  • Dagdar (Tanya)
  • Fred (Olwen)
  • Aida (Saias)
  • Elffin (Perceval, Echidna, Larum)
  • Guinivere (Zephiel)
  • Garcia (Ross)
  • Boyd (Rolf)
  • Ashera (Altina)
  • Jill (Haar)

I don't know whether to read into these or not. There are some odd omissions (Midia from Astram, Nyna from Sirius, Juno from Thea, Glen from Cormag, Rennac from L'Arachel and Dozla, Brom from Nephenee, Skrimir from Caineghis) but I have a hard time believing all of those characters are less likely than Fred and Aida. Also, Ashera is missing from Yune's list and only appears on Altina's more recent one. So... who knows.

Boyd, Ashera, and Jill all seem plenty likely on their own merits. Elffin and Guinivere are certainly some of the highest-profile remaining characters from FE6, although who knows when we'll revisit that. They could easily be seasonals in the meantime, though.

Kris could fit into a future FE3 banner, but they don't seem like the highest priority. Dagdar seems like the most viable of the Jugdral ones, since he could at least pull off a seasonal pretty well. Halvan and Fred are pretty boring, and Aida is a relatively minor NPC, so they all seem pretty unlikely.

I have not played Thracia 776 or Binding Blade, but is Tanya's relationship with her father Dagdar like Fir's relationship with her father Bartre? By that, the daughter is annoyed by their father in some way. In Tanya's case, it's Dagdar's past and crudeness and in Fir's case, it's Bartre being overbearing and protective of her. That's the feeling I got from Tanya's Forging Bonds conversations.

Also, seeing Eyvel's base defense is hilarious. She doesn't have as much HP as Hinata, Lukas, or Mordecai or a personal weapon, but she has speed which might let her avoid some doubles nowadays. Her stat spread looks like what Oboro would have had if Oboro was introduced as a gen 4 melee infantry lance unit. Maybe less defense for more resistance, though. Eyvel's 41 HP, 33 Atk, 35 Spd, 38 Def, and 25 Res to Oboro's 40 HP, 32 Atk, 26 Spd, 35 Def, and 24 Res which for Oboro, if she were a gen 4 melee infantry unit, +1 HP, +1 Atk, +9 Spd, +3 Def, and +1 Res.

Anyway, Silvia's a 3* to 4* summon, so Barrier Blade shouldn't be that hard to get and Eyvel looks like she would be the demote. +Res being a superasset means Eyvel would have 38/29 base defenses and with a resistance refined sword, she'd have 38/33 defenses. Going with Barrier Blade means trading the Guard effect of her default Guard Sword for Res+7 when attacked giving her 38/40 defenses when attacked. Would depend on the situation which would be more useful. The only "problems" are that she's a red unit and sword infantry.

Guard Sword looks like something from Kingdom Hearts. Specifically, it reminds me of the Star Seeker keyblade minus the key's teeth.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

I have not played Thracia 776 or Binding Blade, but is Tanya's relationship with her father Dagdar like Fir's relationship with her father Bartre? By that, the daughter is annoyed by their father in some way. In Tanya's case, it's Dagdar's past and crudeness and in Fir's case, it's Bartre being overbearing and protective of her. That's the feeling I got from Tanya's Forging Bonds conversations.

Also, seeing Eyvel's base defense is hilarious. She doesn't have as much HP as Hinata, Lukas, or Mordecai or a personal weapon, but she has speed which might let her avoid some doubles nowadays. Her stat spread looks like what Oboro would have had if Oboro was introduced as a gen 4 melee infantry lance unit. Maybe less defense for more resistance, though. Eyvel's 41 HP, 33 Atk, 35 Spd, 38 Def, and 25 Res to Oboro's 40 HP, 32 Atk, 26 Spd, 35 Def, and 24 Res which for Oboro, if she were a gen 4 melee infantry unit, +1 HP, +1 Atk, +9 Spd, +3 Def, and +1 Res.

Anyway, Silvia's a 3* to 4* summon, so Barrier Blade shouldn't be that hard to get and Eyvel looks like she would be the demote. +Res being a superasset means Eyvel would have 38/29 base defenses and with a resistance refined sword, she'd have 38/33 defenses. Going with Barrier Blade means trading the Guard effect of her default Guard Sword for Res+7 when attacked giving her 38/40 defenses when attacked. Would depend on the situation which would be more useful. The only "problems" are that she's a red unit and sword infantry.

Guard Sword looks like something from Kingdom Hearts. Specifically, it reminds me of the Star Seeker keyblade minus the key's teeth.

Only VERY VERY partially if any. Their only interaction boils down to Dagdar telling Tanya to shush when their house is surrounded by bandits led by Gomez and since Dagdar had some infatuation to Eyvel, when Eyvel returns he had some difficulty maintaining his postures and such

90% of Tanya's "actual personality" interaction is him getting into tsundere routines with Othin.

Honestly it should be expected they had to fill in the characters here and there, of particular note FE5 Mareeta is like 100% pure, gullible nice child. which im very sure she isn't going to be in the forging bonds(haven't read it)

Shield phase seems a tad underwhelming, which is a shame since it's the only phase that seems to have real gameplay. My team doesn't really have much reason beyond a variety of colors and I just hit auto on the base setup. Seems a little powerful that my attackers can body block enemies for free. And only now typing this do I realize an Obstruct seal would be wonderful on those units. My score falls firmly in the top 70,000, though I can only guess whether it will hold. And enemy strength on the highest setting is probably around the same strength as Alliance battles. But that mode is hard because enemies spawn in right on top of you if you back up. You really need to choose between fielding tanky units or units who score kills the best. In Mjolnir's Strike, you've got the time to heal up and reposition, but I had no need of my healer or base items. 

It's all fun and games and boring and stupid until it becomes cancerous. I'm expecting things to get really filthy at maybe... Askr level 22 or something?

We'll see. I like a nice easy game mode. Double galeforce cheeses the top btw*

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Still no event calendar, huh. They sure are taking their time.

I imagine they're waiting for Kempf's day to start.

Edited by Troykv

Surprised the calendar for December hasn't gone up. I guess the calendars are being snapped out of existence just like Farfetched Heroes. Though for those curious someone on reddit was able to figure out some of the events happening this month by datamining upcoming quests. I placed them in a spoilers box just in case.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Surprised the calendar for December hasn't gone up. I guess the calendars are being snapped out of existence just like Farfetched Heroes. Though for those curious someone on reddit was able to figure out some of the events happening this month by datamining upcoming quests. I placed them in a spoilers box just in case.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Hm... December 25th is the Legendary Banner? I was expecting the Winter Banner to be in this date, and the Legendary Banner to be in Dec 28th or something... Both Book IV banner and this new special heroes banner ends on Dec 25th... Will we get a new Winter Banner this month?

Edit: Since the quests end on Dec 16th, the next banner may be Dec 17th.

This "Double Special Heroes" banner came from nowhere... I wonder if it will effect the Legendary/Mythic Banners special heroes, since 5 of them didn't appear in one yet. I also wonder if this will happens again...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

well i am going to send feedback, that they should do this with seasonals all the time. because this is great, even though this is bait. 
really wish Lukas was on this banner, but providing this banner means that Pent/Tannith are not on legendary (at all)

This means
Lukas this month.
SLaegjarn in Jan
Lyn or Dimitri in Feb. 

(or a random Brave Eliwood to further complicate). 

also thank you game for not having someone i'd actually be tempted to go for more than I already am. 

Sigh. It's a 6% banner split across 8 characters, so it's no better than the usual 3% banner split across 4 characters unless you want both of the characters on a color.

Flora is the only big catch for me on this banner, so I can't really justify pulling from it, even if there are other characters that I really want.

I found it to be a good deal. Red was an easy choice to pull for since I wanted Flora and haven't gotten either red dagger cav, and been wanting a better shot at Elincia. I didn't need another Sanaki, but with how green works, I decided this would still be more efficient while I was already pulling red. 

My orb stockpile dropped from over 550 orbs to just under 400, so it looks like I'm not about to get back to the 600s, but that's fine.

20 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Yeah...I only fed 20 orbs into that bait banner so I can save for the Christmas Banner. I did get a Pent and Tanya, so they weren't all duds. I'm hoping for a Christmas Felix, he could be the Grinch 😂

*snorts*
please let this happen.