• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

When do we get a banner with just one focus unit TBH

I proposed an idea a while back that combines the best of both multi unit Foci and single unit Foci, and you simply run both.

When a New Hero Focus is released, it should ideally have 6 characters on them like during the first few months of the game, and when combined with the automatic 3*/4* drop with GHB/TT unit, each New Hero Focus will introduce 8 characters at a time. This will satisfy players who want more units introduced into the game at a quicker pace.

Additionally, each New Hero Focus will also accompanied by 6 single unit New Hero Foci that features the units on the main multi unit New Hero Focus. This will satisfy players who want to snipe. This will also significantly help out new players building up their fodder reserve as every player gets 7 free summons.

While making it cheaper to snipe might lower revenue per Hero, it might entice existing whale players to spend more by sniping more, as well as enticing more players who are not big spenders to spend. To make the main Focus more attractive to summon from, they can increase the rate of the Focus units while decreasing the rate of non Focus units, so players who want all of them do not feel like they have to go to every single one unit Foci to summon the Focus units individually.

It's weird that I'm not seeing a thread for the special heroes banner... Well, anyway, it's great to see! Only thing is that the only hero I'm mildly interested in on this is Pent... The rest I either have or don't particularly care about... Of all the seasonals, which I save up for...

12 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It's weird that I'm not seeing a thread for the special heroes banner...

It is a rerun so it does not have any new units, so I do not think people care too much about it.

Are there any common units that you just never pull? I've been playing for a little over 3 months, and I'm not really F2P any more so I do tend to summon more than I should, and I've never pulled a regular Camilla. It's frustrating because I really need Savage Blow 3 for a build and even though I have like 7 copies of Bantu, I can't bring myself to spend 20k feathers for that skill. It's weird that a 3-4* unit is so elusive. 

10 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Are there any common units that you just never pull? I've been playing for a little over 3 months, and I'm not really F2P any more so I do tend to summon more than I should, and I've never pulled a regular Camilla. It's frustrating because I really need Savage Blow 3 for a build and even though I have like 7 copies of Bantu, I can't bring myself to spend 20k feathers for that skill. It's weird that a 3-4* unit is so elusive. 

it took me nearly a year to get 10 ests. 
a year + to get +Atk Caeda (the joke now is that's all i ever get). 
and I am sure we all have our "Where is cain/hinata/sothe" drama

Camillas are still rare as crap for me (yet i have 42 Sorens because sure why not). 
just wait for a good banner with greens and she'll come. (eventually). 

25 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

It takes a while to build up fodder when you first start out. The 3* and 4* pools are pretty large, so it will take a while. If you want to build up fodder, I recommend waiting for a Legendary or Mythic Focus where you like most of the Heroes and just do full pulls.

If you like collecting Special Heroes, the current Double Special Heroes Focus is pretty good.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It takes a while to build up fodder when you first start out. The 3* and 4* pools are pretty large, so it will take a while. If you want to build up fodder, I recommend waiting for a Legendary or Mythic Focus where you like most of the Heroes and just do full pulls.

If you like collecting Special Heroes, the current Double Special Heroes Focus is pretty good.

but that doesn't necessarily mean you get needed fodder though that was his complaint. that he's not getting enough camillas. but i think we all have that stretch where we don't get the unit that we need. (cain, hinata, whatever)

For me it was Robin. I spent forever trying to +10 him, and did I ever get a Robin? No. He was stuck at +6-7 for ages. And then at +9 for a while. Now I get him with enough consistency to +10 a second one. Lol.

On Green, I somehow can't seem to run across Ross again, and yet I have like 50 Camilla's and Barte's. And Shigure took a while to get to +10 because I kept getting Est and L'Archael instead. Seriously I had 20 L'archael's, 3 of which were 5*. -_-

30 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

but that doesn't necessarily mean you get needed fodder though that was his complaint. that he's not getting enough camillas. but i think we all have that stretch where we don't get the unit that we need. (cain, hinata, whatever)

It does not guarantee that you get anything, but the more you summon, the more likely you will eventually summon what you need.

19 hours ago, XRay said:

It is a rerun so it does not have any new units, so I do not think people care too much about it.

The units may not be new, but this is the first time that this type of banner's been released, so I wouldn't call it a "rerun banner."

3 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Stahl for me. It’s gotten to the point where getting just one of him is an omen of good summoning. At one point I went an entire year without summoning a single copy. I did manage to pull two in a single circle last night, so now I’m at +9.

I’ll update the + 10 compendium in 2022 when I pull the last copy lol

22 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

The units may not be new, but this is the first time that this type of banner's been released, so I wouldn't call it a "rerun banner."

It's a rerun banner not in the sense that a whole banner is being rerun but in the sense that the characters are being rerun.

This is probably the more useful definition simply because it matters more when a character returns as a focus unit more than when a whole banner returns.

Given that Double Special Heroes banners are a new concept to the game, I can see value in a thread about the banner type in general, despite an individual one not being worth its own thread. I think I remember a thread for the 4-5* focus banners back when those were a thing for a while - they seem relevant as another unusual type of rerun banner.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

It does not guarantee that you get anything, but the more you summon, the more likely you will eventually summon what you need.

again. not necessarily. it took me an entire year to get my 2nd est. and I summoned on blue all the time. everyone has those stories. some units are practically myths for some people. for as much Colourless that i've pulled this year - i barely ever get Lissa or Sakura. so yeah, the more you summon - the more you'll get stuff but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get what you need. 

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

it also sets up an interesting point. I am inclined to believe that Special heroes are being pulled off of the Legendary/Mythic heroes banners are being run seperately with Duo-Heroes in this new format of banners. I think this banner is just IS testing grounds. They are essentially running out of Space on Legendary/Mythic banners to put the Seasonals in.

Considering Lukas is the only one missing form Picnic banner and Helbindi Lyn and Wolt are missing from the Summer banner

Lukas will prolly end up in the upcoming LHB banner
Lyn was skipped and will probably apear in January MHB banner
Wolt will prolly apear in this December LHB and thats why he was skipped on this banner (its so obvious because they used 2 old green seasonal units from last year!)
Helbindi will also apear in January like Lyn.

Considering how stacked February is with Legendaries and Mythics i think the next banner of this type will apear on February with the Dancer seasonals, maybe mixed in with the Halloween seasonals.

I dont know i am just guessing.

Welp, think I miiight be taking an official accidental break from Heroes now.

I just do NOT want to bother with doing the Coliseum, and I'm really only doing Arena Assault to keep up an intake of Heroic Grails for Clive (who is most likely to be my next 5* +10 unit). I jump into events when I need to, but really only while I'm taking a shower (what? I put my phone in a plastic baggy). I make sure I clear out event rewards for everything important, but that's it.

Meanwhile... uh... to put it bluntly, I'm in my on-schedule new pokemon game kick. All I can think about is how best to build the new pokemon, what kind of balls to put them in, who I want to be shiny, and generally just breeding, trading, and partaking in Max Raid Battles with others online (I've even hosted a few major ones myself!). And despite the grind (I'm actually still recovering from hosting a raid for 5 straight hours), I just feel like I'm having more fun with Pokemon in the now approaching a month I've had it than I've had with FEH over... uh... let's not answer that actually.
Not to mention I haven't even broke into my new copy of Super Mario Maker 2 yet (got it for my b-day, Dec. 5th, 22!), and I just know I'll be as hooked on that as I am with pokemon and even MM1 when I first got that. The creativity possible... I'm looking forward to it, to be frank.

So uh... yeah. Who knew the ticket to breaking my painful but sturdy hook on FEH was to replace it with an even stronger hook? Ahahahahahaha- I might have problems, yes.

Edited by Xenomata

16 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I play the game since day 1, and took me 1 year to get a Abel.

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

it also sets up an interesting point. I am inclined to believe that Special heroes are being pulled off of the Legendary/Mythic heroes banners are being run seperately with Duo-Heroes in this new format of banners. I think this banner is just IS testing grounds. They are essentially running out of Space on Legendary/Mythic banners to put the Seasonals in.

Considering Lukas is the only one missing form Picnic banner and Helbindi Lyn and Wolt are missing from the Summer banner

Wolt will prolly apear in this December LHB and thats why he was skipped on this banner (its so obvious because they used 2 old green seasonal units from last year!)

Considering how stacked February is with Legendaries and Mythics i think the next banner of this type will apear on February with the Dancer seasonals, maybe mixed in with the Halloween seasonals.

Good thoughts! I thought a lot along the same lines, but I didn't think of the duo heroes being included like this. This is part of why I want to summon on this banner in spirit, but not in practice. In spirit, I want more banners like this! In practice, they don't have any units on it that I want (of all the seasons -- yeesh!) and my orb supply is EXTREMELY limited since I'm a dedicated F2P player and haven't spent a penny on this since launch (also, I've been playing this since launch, yes.) So, I'm frustrated. I want to support these banners, but don't really have a universally beneficial way of doing so.

Moving here.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid I feel like if I adopted such a rule I'd relax a lot more in this game. For one thing my -SPD Quan will likely never see the light of day and nothing would change if I just gave that double rally to one of my arena core units. Same for sac'ing my Loki to give Matt C-Duel-Infantry. But I remain a hoarder.

You should see your units as if they had an expiry date. Use them now (even if it's only as fodder), or they will lose usefulness. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

As for Takumi, not really. In my opinion 32/36 is more servicable than 35/33. 33 Speed is pretty horrible these days. My Serra at +SPD only has 34 but she benefits from merges and dragonflowers. Takumi will never have either of those so if he sees use it's in his base form which is pretty terrible at this point. +SPD is a nice band-aid for that and if he gets another refine down the line he can work with it and that nature. +ATK Takumi would get doubled until the end of time with no bulk or real attack to show for it.

Depends on how you would build and use him. With his classic CC/Vantage set, he wants +ATK more than +SPD. Before L!Leif, I used my Takumi with Brazen ATK/DEF seal in AR to Vantage kill imperfect flier balls easily. 

On 12/12/2019 at 6:23 AM, Hilda said:

Summer Laegjarn - she'll be in Jan, pushing Lyn to Feb. (yaaaayyyy). 
i honestly hope they do that w/the dance seasonals. (then i will go for Berkut!). better that then hoping beyond hope i get him before a tiki/fjorm. 

So I just wanted to come here to say that Lu Bu came out with a build idea that's really broken. I used it, and oh gods it's amazing.

First, you need Byleth. Male or female is fine, but male may be preferred because he doesn't need to inherit Distant Counter. Next, have them inherit DC (female only, like I said), Miracle, and Mystic Boost, and give them either Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade in their Seal slot. With Miracle at 4 cooldown, and HB/FB's ability to charge their special by 2 each attack, all that's needed to get Miracle ready is 2 attacks. When Miracle triggers from the opponent's attack (and most of the time it will be attack, not attacks, because of her high Spd and Creator Sword's NFU effect), she can charge it back to full again in 2 attacks. And again, because of her high Spd she'll most likely be doing so. After combat, Mystic Boost will heal her for 6 HP, and if Miracle's fully charged at the time then the next attack she takes will trigger Miracle, yadda-yadda, the cycle continues.

You can indeed make any decent unit with a Killer/Slaying weapon effect (exclusive or not) work with this. The Byleths, however, happen to work a lot better because of the effects Creator Sword has built into it, as well as having their own above-average BST.

Yes, there are several weaknesses. It's broken, but not game-breaking. Brave weapons (especially Brave Lances and especially Dire Thunder) are her worst enemies, since their inherent doubling ability can make Miracle useless. The opponent can have a higher Atk and/or Spd than her, preventing her from fully charging Miracle before she dies (although this isn't really a problem if you have a Brave!Lucina with her refined Geirskogul on the team). Firesweep users, especially with NCD, can prevent her from counterattacking and therefore slow down her own charging of Miracle. Burn damage from Pain+ and Savage Blow can force her to 1 HP, making Miracle useless.

Still, with pretty much everything else they have no problem. I took my unmerged F-Byleth to Abyssal Xander a few hours ago and she solo'd him. I realize he's not insanely difficult to deal with, but I'm talking about soloing an Abyssal map with an unmerged unit. She has a Spd bane and I still solo'd him.

Thought I'd get that off my chest here, since this is the right place to put it in and I didn't think it should've had its own topic.

So, uh, the next set of Arena bonus units sure is a thing [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

Post image

What, were Osian and Tanya too busy bickering with each other as usual to show up here or something?

Sure, just cram the last two banners into the same group even if you can't fit all of them in. I'm sure those who went out of their way to get and build Osian and/or Tanya will be thrilled by this.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

Post image

What, were Osian and Tanya too busy bickering with each other as usual to show up here or something?

Sure, just cram the last two banners into the same group even if you can't fit all of them in. I'm sure those who went out of their way to get and build Osian and/or Tanya will be thrilled by this.

How does one go out of their way to get Tanya? Snipe for Marlice?

With Peony being free, nobody should have been aiming for Osian for the sake of having a bonus unit anyway.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So, uh, the next set of Arena bonus units sure is a thing [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

Post image

Hmm, despite having 4 free units in the bonus line-up, it's the first time without a legendary hero and without a unit from the 3*/4* pool.