Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Getting tanks with enough Spd is only easy now because we finally have tanks with extremely high base Spd. While it is on paper easy to just add buffs to a slow unit until you get 50+ Spd, those buffs require specific team compositions, usually requiring extremely specific units and positioning requirements.

I don't know what kind of teams you tend to run into, but I personally have much fewer issues dealing with Infantry Pulse than I do dealing with Alm and Thrasir. You can block Infantry Pulse teams by simply stacking absurd amounts of Def and Res.

But that specific team composition is like relatively super cheap since it is literally just 2 M!Corrins and 2 Eirs. Unless you got pity broken by Kaden or BH!Lucina, M!Corrin is like the cheapest support to build.

The teams that give me the most trouble are Infantry Pulse teams, and it feels like they cause about half of all my offensive losses. I cannot run bonus buffs because they often run a Panic staff unit, and while stacking Res is easy, stacking visible Res is much harder and more expensive.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Was there anything in the datamine that would indicate tickets for the NYbanners? 

Spoiler

Yeah, there will be more summoning tickets but I don’t think it was determined which banners they’ll be for.

Source: 

Spoiler

Edited by Tybrosion

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

But that specific team composition is like relatively super cheap since it is literally just 2 M!Corrins and 2 Eirs. Unless you got pity broken by Kaden or BH!Lucina, M!Corrin is like the cheapest support to build.

Corrin is exactly the definition of "extremely specific" I was going for. He's cheap to get, but not all that cheap to build. Furthermore, he is not flexible because his support effect only works with a single unit at a time that cannot be changed on the fly (even if you build more than 2 Corrins). I can't swap to a different tank like I can with Winter Fae, Nagi, Caineghis, and Winter Sothis, depending on the situation.

Oh, and while I’m digging through datamine stuff the upcoming VG will supposedly look like this [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

Yeah, I’m sure that second match will end civilly and with Edelgard’s head hung from Enbarr’s gates.

Edited by Tybrosion

53 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, there will be more summoning tickets but I don’t think it was determined which banners they’ll be for.

Source: 

Hide contents

Thank you!!

Spoiler

Interesting that it’s only the 2 rerun banners! If that’s the case, anyway... unless they give us like login bonus tickets for the new banner (if that’s even able to be known via datamine). Either way, a bump from 3 tickets to 5 is something to celebrate!

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, and while I’m digging through datamine stuff the upcoming VG will supposedly look like this [DATAMINE]:

Huh... that means the VG Banner would consist of:

Spoiler

Knight Chrom, Brave Veronica and Fallen Hardin since everyone else would be currently available elsewhere. Easy 100% pass on the VG banner which is nice.

Also I'm sure it'll be 3 tickets for both of the old NY banners and 4 for the new one. Wouldn't make sense to leave one banner out and spread out tickets across the other two. They're really generous this time. 10 tickets is out of this world. Even in saving mode it'll be hard to save orbs here.

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I’m sure that second match will end civilly and with Edelgard’s head hung from Enbarr’s gates.

Spoiler

Interesting... they will repeat the Marth Vs Hardin combat again, but this time with Winter Marth. Since we still have the Winter banner around, the Alfonse used is the NY alt, and both Dimitri and Evilgard Edelgard are in the Legendary Banner, the banner will probably be Hardin, Veronica and Chrom, like mentioned before. Free summon on colorless for me.

I will go with Marth.

I am sure the Dimitri Vs Edelgard will be the popular one. I will support none of them, because I don't have Dimitri, and there is no way I will support the Adrestian Empire, unless Edelgard reaches the finals and I don't have any of the units in the other side.

I will be happy to see Evilgard's head hanging in Embarr's gates though.

Edit: Also, since Duo Alfonse is in the VG, the NY trailer is tonight, because the VG info, banenr and log-in bonus starts tomorrow.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Yeah, so I pulled a +Spd, -Res male Corrin on the legendary banner when I was going after RD Ike and Hrid merges and now I'm not sure whether I should upgrade that Corrin or the +Atk, -HP one I've had sitting around already.

I want to use him as AR support for Brave Ike. So which should I go with?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, so I pulled a +Spd, -Res male Corrin on the legendary banner when I was going after RD Ike and Hrid merges and now I'm not sure whether I should upgrade that Corrin or the +Atk, -HP one I've had sitting around already.

I lean towards +Spd in case you get Eliwood: Blazing Knight in the future, so M!Corrin would not take BK!Eliwood's buffs for the super tank in case you decide to run both buffers at the same time.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd go with +Spd. Corrin is in the most competitive Spd tier, so bumping up his Spd is helpful if he ever needs to pick something off. Plus, as XRay mentioned, having lower Atk as a support unit is helpful if you use or ever plan to use them alongside Legendary Eliwood.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

I lean towards +Spd in case you get Eliwood: Blazing Knight in the future, so M!Corrin would not take BK!Eliwood's buffs for the super tank in case you decide to run both buffers at the same time.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd go with +Spd. Corrin is in the most competitive Spd tier, so bumping up his Spd is helpful if he ever needs to pick something off. Plus, as XRay mentioned, having lower Atk as a support unit is helpful if you use or ever plan to use them alongside Legendary Eliwood.

I actually do have legendary Eliwood, so yeah, this sounds good to me then. Thanks guys.

So who decided two red armors with no Special or positioning gimmicks as Rokkr bosses was at all a good idea? Zelgius and the Black Knight are getting utterly trampled by Catria and Est. Probably the easiest set of Rokkr bosses yet.

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Zeglius and BK are easy, but next round of Røkkr will be annoying with two dagger units ... 

Oh. God. Why. And i thought Loki/Ishtar was dumb enough

But yeah this round is a joke.

33 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Oh. God. Why. And i thought Loki/Ishtar was dumb enough

But yeah this round is a joke.

Still thinking how to build my team for round three. Usually I bring two TA Brave+ Galeforcers for the damage, but TA is useless against colorless and with the debuffs I need to pay attention to their bulk. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Still thinking how to build my team for round three. Usually I bring two TA Brave+ Galeforcers for the damage, but TA is useless against colorless and with the debuffs I need to pay attention to their bulk. 

If you're running Galeforce fliers or cavalry, you can stack Ward Fliers or Ward Cavalry. Give the attacker with higher Def Sturdy Blow and the attacker with lower Def Armored Blow. Have one of your support units run Chill Atk. You can also run Knock Back on your attackers to force the boss into a corner where they will be unable to attack on your enemy phase, letting your first attack on each turn be without debuffs.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're running Galeforce fliers or cavalry, you can stack Ward Fliers or Ward Cavalry. Give the attacker with higher Def Sturdy Blow and the attacker with lower Def Armored Blow. Have one of your support units run Chill Atk. You can also run Knock Back on your attackers to force the boss into a corner where they will be unable to attack on your enemy phase, letting your first attack on each turn be without debuffs.

Yup, that's what I usually do. I'm running Eenewal and seal ATK/DEF instead of Knock Back though, cornering still works. 

Since Cherche is my bulky flier, I need to get her into quad range first, before using sturdy blow. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yup, that's what I usually do. I'm running Eenewal and seal ATK/DEF instead of Knock Back though, cornering still works. 

Since Cherche is my bulky flier, I need to get her into quad range first, before using sturdy blow. 

I’ve been using Knock Back + Galeforce for all the ranged bosses recently. It’s not bad against Melees either, though (I was too lazy to switch skills after the 1st round).

You can probably get the best of both worlds with Pair Up heroes, with Knock Back on one, and Seal on the other, if you have them available. I’ve been running Legendary Roy with Est backlined, and Legendary Leif with Legendary Azura backlined (which is absolute overkill for this round, but...*shrug*).

19 minutes ago, Thane said:

w0ghvs0rwk741.jpg

Someone on Reddit put this together (link here). Damn, I hadn't noticed Genealogy got that little this year.

That's a really neat visual. Thracia getting more than Awakening, never thought I'd see that. Hopefully Genealogy will get more soon.

I also like how it makes it easy to look at the different hero types - of the 143, there's 65 New Heroes (45.5%), 55 seasonals (38.5%), 13 legendaries/mythics (9.1%), and 10 other alts (7.0%). (Although I'd disagree with Catria's classification, personally.)

In contrast - by my count, 2018 had 51 New Heroes (41.8%), 38 seasonals (31.1%), 13 legendaries/mythics (10.7%), and 20 other alts (16.4%), for a total of 122 units. (Also 2018 had 6 OCs among its New Heroes while 2019 had 0. And 2018's legendary/mythic lineup was 2 OCs and 11 alts while 2019's was 2 OCs, 6 alts, and 5 new characters.)

All in all, I think Heroes is in a much better place than it was a year ago.

24 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I’ve been using Knock Back + Galeforce for all the ranged bosses recently. It’s not bad against Melees either, though (I was too lazy to switch skills after the 1st round).

You can probably get the best of both worlds with Pair Up heroes, with Knock Back on one, and Seal on the other, if you have them available. I’ve been running Legendary Roy with Est backlined, and Legendary Leif with Legendary Azura backlined (which is absolute overkill for this round, but...*shrug*).

Galeforce pair-ups! Should have thought of that, unfortunately mine are all ranged. 

I could pair-up Leif with someone though, even if he needs breakers to quad.