Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Uh, @mampfoid something seems... off about your avatar...

New shampoo?

Nah, I think it's just that it is his most cursed image of an avatar yet. Seriously, why would anyone defile legendary Celica's legitimately beautiful artwork like that?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think it would be fine to make them farmable. In fact, I think it would be healthier for the game if they were farmable.

The thing about Sacred Coins is that veteran players are currently at a spot where they have enough Sacred Coins to upgrade all of the important Sacred Seals plus a decent number of niche Seals. Veterans don't actually have much to gain from the resource being made infinite other than just completing all of the Squad Ace, Seal, Threaten, etc. Seals that they probably won't actually use anyways.

On the other hand, newer players are at a severe (I can't bold this word enough) disadvantage compared to veteran players, not only because they won't have as many career total Sacred Coins to spend, but also because they need to spend a portion of those Sacred Coins to make the Sacred Seals that they missed, which actually puts them even more behind. This is effectively taxing newer players for being new and is a horrible system.

What I'd do to fix this is to make Sacred Coins farmable as well as give newer players some kind of catch-up mechanic to make it easier to buy missed Sacred Seals.

For farming, I'd like a new "infinite Tempest Trial" mode where you pay a fixed amount of Stamina and simply see how many maps you can clear in a row with only 1 team as enemies slowly increase in difficulty. Rewards would increase based on how many floors you can clear at once with earlier floors rewarding resources less valuable to veteran players (like Sacred Coins) and later floors rewarding resources less valuable to newer players (like Divine Dew and eventually maybe Dragonflowers in a year once the resource is not as new and shiny).

For a catch-up mechanic, it would be nice for events or monthly quests to add coupons for creating Sacred Seals that veterans can trade in for feathers or some other consolation prize if they have no need for them. Maybe like 2 per month or something.

I've read that the revenue of this game is dropping. Do you think the problem is that FEH is having a hard time gaining new players to replace players who have burned out or have enough heroes that they no longer need to spend money? I think this would be an excellent idea to try and bridge the gap between new players and veterans. Those hero quests were a step in the right direction and permanent content in general helps newer players catch up. 

I would also like an infinite game mode but I want IS to allow us to undo a move thanks to misclick because my phone's screen is damaged so it often happens. 

What's your opinion on grindable divine dew? Unlike sacred coins, IS has every bit of incentive not to make this a grindable resource because than you can just focus on 3-4* units from 2017 instead of using orbs for new heroes. 

29 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I've read that the revenue of this game is dropping. Do you think the problem is that FEH is having a hard time gaining new players to replace players who have burned out or have enough heroes that they no longer need to spend money? I think this would be an excellent idea to try and bridge the gap between new players and veterans. Those hero quests were a step in the right direction and permanent content in general helps newer players catch up. 

Fire Emblem is a fairly niche series in my opinion in an already pretty niche genre, so getting new players is more difficult.

The cost per Hero also feels pretty high, and that is a huge barrier to entry in my opinion since you need a lot of fodder, but I think that can be addressed by releasing more Foci to give players more free summons. Implementing sub Foci that features a single Focus unit to accompany a New Heroes Focus would simultaneously cater to whales who want to grab everything, regular paying players who want to snipe a particular unit, and free players by providing more free summons. Making all New Heroes Foci annual like Special Heroes Foci not only means more free summons, but also makes planning and budgeting for merges and skills easier too.

As for directly reducing the cost of Orbs, I am not sure if that is good idea since it depends on whether have already reached a price point that maximizes profit. If they reduce the cost of Orbs by half for example, the player base as a whole might not necessarily buy twice as many Orbs as before, so reducing the price of Orbs could lead to a further loss in profits. Raising the cost of Orbs is probably a bad idea in my opinion since that would most likely drive players away due to negative publicity.

Being more new player friendly would definitely help, and I think they should reinstate the first free CYL choosing Focus and not make those choosing Foci expirable. I think they should also make certain events like Forging Bonds and Tempest Trials permanent, so new players have a better chance of catching up and introduce them to various Heroes and get them emotionally invested in characters they like.

Instead of messing around with revamping the Sacred Coins system, just automatically upgrade all existing seals to their maximum rank automatically and award all new seals in their fully upgraded form too. Done.

27 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Instead of messing around with revamping the Sacred Coins system, just automatically upgrade all existing seals to their maximum rank automatically and award all new seals in their fully upgraded form too. Done.

i want to keep my ATK+1s though

Maybe they should ALSO allow Coins to downgrade when equipped but eh >_>

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Uh, @mampfoid something seems... off about your avatar...

New shampoo?

It was time for a little change. Roy's hairstyle was great, but from time to time Oliver needs valentian fresh air. 

Beauty overflow warning: 

Spoiler

vUhrwwF.jpg

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I think it's just that it is his most cursed image of an avatar yet. Seriously, why would anyone defile legendary Celica's legitimately beautiful artwork like that?

Hey, we simply share the same hair stylist. It's just that noone noticed Oliver's new style because someone else was featured prominently on the last legendary banner and not him for whatever reason

Edited by mampfoid

Thanks to all these incoming feathers, Boey is coming along nicely. He's now sitting at +6 with maxed flowers. Ross isn't too far behind at +4. And now I realize that instead of too many blues to build, I now have too many greens.

This coming banner is a skip for me. It's nice and pretty, with two likely demotes this time, but not that appealing to me.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Attack +1 and Attack +2 are useful for setting up Ardent Durandal team compositions.

Also, there would be the issue of how to compensate players for Sacred Coins spent on upgrading Sacred Seals. The game almost certainly doesn't store whether the player obtained a Seal as a reward or by purchasing it with Coins. If all Seals are compensated for as if they were purchased, then players who got them as rewards would suddenly have even more Coins than have been distributed. If all Seals are compensated for as if they were rewards, then players who previously purchased Seals lose out on any Coins spent in that way.

32 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

with two likely demotes this time,

The probability that Sety will demote is zero.

41 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

It's between him and Altena. Considering Ced is in the third showcase slot, it's highly possible he'll be the demote. IS loves to demote greens for some reason. 

Do you think they would demote both a Solo Skill (even thought it's not as strong as the Atk ones) and Pulse Smoke?

Outside her Prf Weapon, Altena do not have a strong kit. In my opinion, it's Altena or no one.

52 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

It's between him and Altena. Considering Ced is in the third showcase slot, it's highly possible he'll be the demote. IS loves to demote greens for some reason. 

His kit is literally the same as vanilla Lethe's as I mentioned in the banner thread (but with an even better C skill). That is to say it's stupid good.

Sety has Speed +3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 on his weapon, Luna, Spd/Res Solo 3, and Pulse Smoke 3.

Lethe has Speed +3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 on her weapon, Moonbow, Spd/Def Solo 3, and Hone Beasts.

It's virtually guaranteed to be either Altenna or no one.

Edited by Ice Dragon

With a prf and Pulse Smoke, Ced has a better kit than both Lugh and Ewan, both possible second demotes. If neither of them did, Ced certainly isn't.

Altenna is comparable to Ares, but she doesn't have any fodder as good as Brazen Atk/Def. I won't say 100% after Eyvel, but she's 99% demoting.

26 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

With a prf and Pulse Smoke, Ced has a better kit than both Lugh and Ewan, both possible second demotes. If neither of them did, Ced certainly isn't.

Altenna is comparable to Ares, but she doesn't have any fodder as good as Brazen Atk/Def. I won't say 100% after Eyvel, but she's 99% demoting.

Eyvel was able to skip demotion because we had Tanya for it in the 3/4* pool. Since we do not have it this time, Altenna has a chance.

Yeah, Altena is very comparable to Ares, and in that banner I thought that Lene would be the demoted one. Altena has not that great fodder, only her Prf weapon being good, so she is a strong candidate.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Eyvel was able to skip demotion because we had Tanya for it in the 3/4* pool. Since we do not have it this time, Altenna has a chance.

I don't see how having a character go straight to the low-rarity pool means anything. We've had 5 banners so far add a unit directly to the low-rarity pool. Four of them had a demote and one did not.

A full 80% of banners with characters going straight to the low-rarity pool have had a demote. If anything, the conclusion should be the exact opposite of yours.

Edited by Ice Dragon

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

If anything, I'd say the reason Eyvel could "justify" not demoting was that Peony is free through the story.

this could work. 
We got Eir, and i don't think we had a demote when that banner launched did we?

Just now, daisy jane said:

this could work. 

Eir debuted in a Hero Fest Banner with Lewyn, Ophelia and Owain, so it wasn't exactly the same 😞

But I too hope that's their reason for not demoting someone.

Just now, daisy jane said:

this could work. 

Eir didn't launch with a New Heroes banner at all, just a Hero Fest. So we don't really have a precedent for this situation.

That said, if we want to look at 2018:

• 2018 had 16 New Heroes banners. 10 of them had demotes, while 6 (Fallen Heroes, CYL, Adrift, Farfetched, and the two OC banners) did not. (It also had 1 direct 3-4* unit - Kaze.)
  • 2019 had 14 New Heroes banners. 9 of them had demotes, while 5 (Fallen Heroes, CYL, Kitsune/Wolfkin, Three Houses, and Peony) did not. (It also had 5 direct 3-4* units.)

13 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I would also like an infinite game mode but I want IS to allow us to undo a move thanks to misclick because my phone's screen is damaged so it often happens. 

What's your opinion on grindable divine dew? Unlike sacred coins, IS has every bit of incentive not to make this a grindable resource because than you can just focus on 3-4* units from 2017 instead of using orbs for new heroes. 

I think its a combination of alot of things coming together.

On one hand the game is entering its 4. year. Couple that with the fact that not much has changed then you can see it becomeing stale.

On the other hand the game is a bit brutal for newcomers to catch up.

And then for me: I have so many heroes i wont even bother to +10 5 Star exclusivs unless its a favourite character. I have enough units that can get the job done. And the next powercreep is around the corner why bother?

Besides the best feature „Skill Inheritance“ is totally undermined by the bloated amount of heroes in the summoning pool with shit skills in the 3-4 Star section. A skill/paper shop wouldnt be bad in that regard.

Also the Developers shy away from really hard challenges due to community backlash. Whats a game without a challenge? Not really fun.

14 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Eir debuted in a Hero Fest Banner with Lewyn, Ophelia and Owain, so it wasn't exactly the same 😞

But I too hope that's their reason for not demoting someone.

no but we had Adrift (No Demotes) and then nothing until Reyson's demote. (which. Prf and a singer with 3 move so maybe Altena will drop after all)

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Eir didn't launch with a New Heroes banner at all, just a Hero Fest. So we don't really have a precedent for this situation.

That said, if we want to look at 2018:

• 2018 had 16 New Heroes banners. 10 of them had demotes, while 6 (Fallen Heroes, CYL, Adrift, Farfetched, and the two OC banners) did not. (It also had 1 direct 3-4* unit - Kaze.)
  • 2019 had 14 New Heroes banners. 9 of them had demotes, while 5 (Fallen Heroes, CYL, Kitsune/Wolfkin, Three Houses, and Peony) did not. (It also had 5 direct 3-4* units.)

that's pretty solid. 

While less relevant, now I want to compare the grail units as well:

• 2018 GHBs: 12 (Oliver, Lyon, Fallen Takumi, Saias, Kana M, Julius, Linus, Walhart, Jamke, Garon, Aversa, Gharnef)
  • 2018 TTs: 11 (NY Corrin, Marisa, Valentine's Eliwood, Gerome, Finn, Groom Marth, Canas, Ethlyn, Halloween Dorcas, Adrift Azura, Christmas Celica)
  • 2019 GHBs: 12 (Naesala, Panne, Rutger, Haar, Fallen Delthea, Cynthia, Kronya, Death Knight, Astram, Conrad, Cormag, Kempf)
  • 2019 TTs: 13 (NY Laegjarn, Onsen Camilla, Valentine's Titania, Spring Loki, Picnic Leo, Bride Louise, Summer Ylgr, Summer Fiora, Sigrun, Soiree Rinea, Halloween Rolf, Brunnya, Christmas Jaffar)

So the same number of GHBs, but more TTs. 2018 fell behind due to its July and August TTs not having new units.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

While less relevant, now I want to compare the grail units as well:

• 2018 GHBs: 12 (Oliver, Lyon, Fallen Takumi, Saias, Kana M, Julius, Linus, Walhart, Jamke, Garon, Aversa, Gharnef)
  • 2018 TTs: 11 (NY Corrin, Marisa, Valentine's Eliwood, Gerome, Finn, Groom Marth, Canas, Ethlyn, Halloween Dorcas, Adrift Azura, Christmas Celica)
  • 2019 GHBs: 12 (Naesala, Panne, Rutger, Haar, Fallen Delthea, Cynthia, Kronya, Death Knight, Astram, Conrad, Cormag, Kempf)
  • 2019 TTs: 13 (NY Laegjarn, Onsen Camilla, Valentine's Titania, Spring Loki, Picnic Leo, Bride Louise, Summer Ylgr, Summer Fiora, Sigrun, Soiree Rinea, Halloween Rolf, Brunnya, Christmas Jaffar)

So the same number of GHBs, but more TTs. 2018 fell behind due to its July and August TTs not having new units.

To be fair, 2018 we got a TT that had 2017's TT units as rewards. It would had the same amount if that didn't happen.

Kinda sad that we didn't get a free festival unit that time.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm pretty sure the only reason Eyvel didn't demote was because she had Atk/Def Form which in IS's mind is probably too 'premium' right now to drop into the lower star pool just like those Aether Raid skills they released last year remained five star locked until Mercedes came along.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm pretty sure the only reason Eyvel didn't demote was because she had Atk/Def Form which in IS's mind is probably too 'premium' right now to drop into the lower star pool just like those Aether Raid skills they released last year remained five star locked until Mercedes came along.

Wrong cause and effect - Eyvel didn't demote because they didn't want to have a demote on that banner. If they wanted a demote but didn't want to let Atk/Def Form drop, they would have given her a different skill.