Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ilyana is labeled as being from PoR. She is literally right before Micaiah in the Catalog.

Yeah, I figured as much but just wanted to make 100% that was the case.

But yeah, that's just slightly odd to me because I think Elincia's and Mia's alts, which were added last year, were both RD while their normal forms were PoR. Sanaki's seasonal alt was PoR, but her regular self is from RD. Meanwhile, all of the Greil's Devoted alts were from PoR, despite Soren and Mist's base forms both being PoR. Sigrun and Tanith are both PoR, as is normal Sigrun, despite the fact that Sigrun isn't even playable in PoR. Nephenee's base form and alt are both PoR as well, while Lethe's base form and alt are both RD.

I originally thought that if a non-plot important Tellius character got a seasonal alt, the seasonal would be assigned to the game that their base form was not from. And it kind of looked like that last year. But I guess this year they just threw that out the window ...

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But yeah, that's just slightly odd to me because I think Elincia's and Mia's alts, which were added last year, were both RD while their normal forms were PoR. Sanaki's seasonal alt was PoR, but her regular self is from RD. Meanwhile, all of the Greil's Devoted alts were from PoR, despite Soren and Mist's base forms both being PoR. Sigrun and Tanith are both PoR, as is normal Sigrun, despite the fact that Sigrun isn't even playable in PoR. Nephenee's base form and alt are both PoR as well, while Lethe's base form and alt are both RD.

The non-Branded Beorc characters are all visually different between the two games (or at least the younger-than-30 characters are), so it does actually matter which game is listed as their origin. There's also nothing preventing a character from getting an alt from the same game as their normal version or even having a "normal" version from both games (like they've already done with Ike and Catria).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The non-Branded Beorc characters are all visually different between the two games (or at least the younger-than-30 characters are), so it does actually matter which game is listed as their origin. There's also nothing preventing a character from getting an alt from the same game as their normal version or even having a "normal" version from both games (like they've already done with Ike and Catria).

Not all of them are so drastically visually different that it matters, though. Ike, Mist, Sothe, Elincia, Lucia, and Tormod are among a few who are noticeably different-looking between the two games. But others like Mia, Nephenee, Ilyana, Shinon, what-have-you look virtually similar. Halloween Mia, who is designated as RD, looks identical to base Mia, who is from PoR for example. There's no reason why Soiree Nephenee couldn't have been designated RD because Nephenee doesn't change much (if at all) between games.

I totally expect RD Mist, Soren, Elincia, and Lucia to happen because three of those are plot-relevant and the last one gets a very noticeable change in physical appearance. Mist and Soren are also important overall in PoR to justify their PoR selves getting a seasonal alt as well. I'm not really sure what they're doing otherwise with characters that don't change though. Like why Mia's base and seasonal appearances are split while Soiree Nephenee and base Nephenee are both PoR. Or why both of Sigrun's forms are designated as PoR, a game she wasn't playable in, over RD, which she was playable in and looks identical to as she was in PoR.

This doesn't really matter in the long run, I'm just trying to figure out a method to their madness and that it looks like their decisions are just arbitrary when it concerns non-plot important characters is kind of annoying.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

But others like Mia, Nephenee, Ilyana, Shinon, what-have-you look virtually similar.

Maybe you can't tell them apart, but some of us can. Mia, Nephenee, and Ilyana happen to be my three favorite characters from the Tellius games, and it's pretty easy for me to tell Mia's and Ilyana's versions apart and a bit less easy to tell Nephenee's versions apart as long as the artist can also tell them apart enough to draw it.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe you can't tell them apart, but some of us can. Mia, Nephenee, and Ilyana happen to be my three favorite characters from the Tellius games, and it's pretty easy for me to tell Mia's and Ilyana's versions apart and a bit less easy to tell Nephenee's versions apart as long as the artist can also tell them apart enough to draw it.

I said they are virtually similar, not completely identical. They may not be exactly the same but it's not so much of a difference that the casual observer notices it immediately. They are not so dissimilar in appearance from each other that the PoR alts could have been justifiable as RD alts in categorization.

Honestly, you sound like you're arguing just because you want to be right about everything. This is, like, a trivial point that didn't need to be dragged out this long.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

They are not so dissimilar in appearance from each other that the PoR alts could have been justifiable as RD alts in categorization.

Um... no? That's not how that works?

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Honestly, you sound like you're arguing just because you want to be right about everything. This is, like, a trivial point that didn't need to be dragged out this long.

I am arguing because the Tellius games are my favorite games in the series and am insulted by the fact that you think labeling a character as from Radiant Dawn when they are using their Path of Radiance appearance or vice versa "doesn't matter" simply because you cannot tell them apart.

If you can't tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, that's perfectly fine. But being unable to tell the difference doesn't give you a get-out-of-jail-free card if you intentionally mislabel Pepsi as Coke and people who can tell the difference call you out on it.

FE10 Mia has longer hair and a larger chest than FE9 Mia, which is also the case with Witch Mia and Regular Mia in FEH. It’s actually quite noticeable. 

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I said they are virtually similar, not completely identical. They may not be exactly the same but it's not so much of a difference that the casual observer notices it immediately. They are not so dissimilar in appearance from each other that the PoR alts could have been justifiable as RD alts in categorization.

I can assure you RD!Mia has a larger bust

Mia's bust having grown is why I always believed she was 14-15 in PoR. Her bust not being fully grown yet means she's still in the middle of puberty, and then is about finished by the time RD rolls around. And her bust noticeably grew, it didn't just grow a little.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, hopefully when they release Radiant Dawn Mia, she gets to be way more busted cause she has a hard time standing out among sword users, although that could said for the vast majority of sword users, especially the Player Phase ones.

The best combat ones that come to mind are Laevatein, Altina, and Ares. BH!Roy, Caeda, and Ogma are good for Sacred Seal efficiency. Palla, Cain, and WOT!Reinhardt are good for Røkkr Sieges. M!Corrin, AMH!Hector, BK!Eliwood, and sword Dancers are good support.

Edited by XRay

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Well, hopefully when they release Radiant Dawn Mia, she gets to be way more busted cause she has a hard time standing out among sword users, although that could said for the vast majority of sword users, especially the Player Phase ones.

The best combat ones that come to mind are Laevatein, Altina, and Ares. BH!Roy and Ogma are good for Sacred Seal efficiency. Palla, Cain, and WOT!Reinhardt are good for Røkkr Sieges. M!Corrin, AMH!Hector, BK!Eliwood, and sword Dancers are good support.

Yeah.

RD Mia will have 172-173 BST, that's for sure. Compared to PoR Mia, it's a 9-10 difference. I wonder if she will have a different version of her Resolute Blade, like how Ares has a different version of Mystletainn, or she will have a sword with a totally different name. 

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah.

RD Mia will have 172-173 BST, that's for sure. Compared to PoR Mia, it's a 9-10 difference. I wonder if she will have a different version of her Resolute Blade, like how Ares has a different version of Mystletainn, or she will have a sword with a totally different name. 

Hopefully, Radiant Dawn Mia will come with a better Resolute Blade. If it is not going to have Blade or Lunar Arc effect, a guaranteed +15 to +20 true damage per hit will be much appreciated, which should be about the same as Lunar Arc. Resolute Blade's current +10 true damage only when Special activates does not deal enough damage when you need it, and Giga Excalibur effect is very low.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder if she will have a different version of her Resolute Blade, like how Ares has a different version of Mystletainn, or she will have a sword with a totally different name. 

If we get a Radiant Dawn version of Mia, she'll likely just get a brand new weapon. Resolute Blade was already a Heroes-original weapon, so there's no good reason to make a new version rather than a brand new weapon. That's in contrast to Ares, who canonically has the legendary Mystletainn that he inherited from his father.

There's also the fact that the Japanese name of Resolute Blade is somewhat awkward to add a prefix to.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Red Dagger Calill when?

Who knows... we still don't have the rest of the Greil Mercenaries or the Dawn Brigade.

A PoR/RD banner, that is not a only Laguz banner... that's something I would like.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Or.... instead of another sword Mia... we could get... y'know... Edward.

Been waiting for a Dawn Brigade banner since last year. If not for NY!Alfonse I'd have over 200 orbs saved up for him. I'm honestly hoping he's the demote so I can make him a merge project. That'll probably be Leonardo or Aran though, realistically.

• Nolan - Premium
  • Laura - Premium
  • Edward - Lugh/Ced/Ewan Spot
  • Leonardo - Demote
  • Aran - *3-4 or TT Reward (likely the latter)

Then there's Meg who'd probably be the direct *3-4 unit if Aran or Leo weren't in that spot. Then we'd have Jarrod as the GHB if there's one at all. Even though probably no one wants that. 

Edited by Zeo

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Or.... instead of another sword Mia... we could get... y'know... Edward.

Nah, they don't even need to release another Mia or Edward when yet another sword waifu Lucia is also still on the table.

Though, Lucia is higher up in CYL than Edward is so we couldn't completely accuse them of chasing that easy waifu money if she gets in first.

30 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, they don't even need to release another Mia or Edward when yet another sword waifu Lucia is also still on the table.

Though, Lucia is higher up in CYL than Edward is so we couldn't completely accuse them of chasing that easy waifu money if she gets in first.

That legit annoys me. Even if you're probably right. I like all the Swordmasters from the Tellius universe but the idea of Lucia getting in before Edward still annoys me even if she's the more likely choice.

If we get a Beorc Banner from PoR, Lucia is a given, that's fine. But if it's a RD banner? It needs to be the Dawn Brigade. PoR Lucia before Edward would be par for the course. RD Lucia before Edward would infuriate me. Heck, RD Mia before Edward would infuriate me, and Edward and Mia are two of my favorite characters from FE10.

Contributing to the earlier conversation, yes, the version that gets in does matter.

Edited by Zeo

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That legit annoys me. Even if you're probably right. I like all the Swordmasters from the Tellius universe but the idea of Lucia getting in before Edward still annoys me even if she's the more likely choice.

If we get a Beorc Banner from PoR, Lucia is a given, that's fine. But if it's a RD banner? It needs to be the Dawn Brigade. PoR Lucia before Edward would be par for the course. RD Lucia before Edward would infuriate me. Heck, RD Mia before Edward would infuriate me, and Edward and Mia are two of my favorite characters from FE10.

Contributing to the earlier conversation, yes, the version that gets in does matter.

The problem I see in a Dawn Brigade banner happening is that all of the others past Edward have done very poorly in CYL. Nolan, in particular, somehow placed below the likes of Amy and Almedha (though only barely) in CYL3.

That, and I'd imagine there'd be a pretty high chance that they would put a FEH OC Micaiah alt or RD Ilyana on a banner like that because Edward simply isn't popular enough to carry a banner by himself.

38 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The problem I see in a Dawn Brigade banner happening is that all of the others past Edward have done very poorly in CYL. Nolan, in particular, somehow placed below the likes of Amy and Almedha (though only barely) in CYL3.

That, and I'd imagine there'd be a pretty high chance that they would put a FEH OC Micaiah alt or RD Ilyana on a banner like that because Edward simply isn't popular enough to carry a banner by himself.

Laura is cute, she could likely carry a banner with a premium enough kit and good art. Otherwise they would probably just do Nolan/Edward/Laura/Alt of popular tellius character with Leo as the 3-4 and Aran as the TT reward.

So yeah, an Alt is possible, but not necessarily necessary I don't think. Plus the DB's unit range is somewhat limited. Guess they could toss Jill on the banner. Even if she'd color share with Nolan.

Edited by Zeo

4 hours ago, XRay said:

The best combat ones that come to mind are Laevatein, Altina, and Ares. BH!Roy, Caeda, and Ogma are good for Sacred Seal efficiency. Palla, Cain, and WOT!Reinhardt are good for Røkkr Sieges. M!Corrin, AMH!Hector, BK!Eliwood, and sword Dancers are good support.

L!Marth is good for killing anything Dragon related, even if the Dragon nullyfies effectiv Damage.
Hrid is a fantastic Dualphase Sword user unless he runs into Sword Breaker or Null Follow up. (especially considering he is a cav unit)
Byleth is busted too with his/her sword.
Regular Marth is an excellent support unit and has the benefit of being able to heal Team members up due to his Weapon and Ardent Sacrifice etc he looses raw support stat wise to Corrin but he has a different niche and doesnt need to support the unit in question
Regular Zephiel can be decent too, with Distant Ward his refine and distant def sacred seal he can shut magic damage dealers and bows down. i mean we are talking an addition 12 def against bow users to his allready high def and an additional 17 Res and 5 Atk to his Res stat

at least those are the ones i use regularly too on top of the ones you mentioned (and Karel, but thats because he is one of my favourite units).

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Laura is cute, she could likely carry a banner with a premium enough kit and good art. Otherwise they would probably just do Nolan/Edward/Laura/Alt of popular tellius character with Leo as the 3-4 and Aran as the TT reward.

So yeah, an Alt is possible, but not necessarily necessary I don't think. Plus the DB's unit range is somewhat limited. Guess they could toss Jill on the banner. Even if she'd color share with Nolan.

Note that 3-4* units so far have only had inheritable weapons, so 3-4* Leonardo could conflict with his personal weapon.

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Hrid is a fantastic Dualphase Sword user unless he runs into Sword Breaker or Null Follow up. (especially considering he is a cav unit)

Oh yeah, he is decent. Guaranteed follow-up on both phases is always nice. Good for Galeforce and especially dual phasing. We do not have a lot of dual phasers outside of Counter-Vantage units. While I guess fast units can be good dual phasing units, they have too many stats that they need to juggle, unlike guaranteed follow-up dual phasing units who can dump Spd and more efficiently distribute their stats.

36 minutes ago, Hilda said:

L!Marth is good for killing anything Dragon related, even if the Dragon nullyfies effectiv Damage.
Byleth is busted too with his/her sword.
Regular Marth is an excellent support unit and has the benefit of being able to heal Team members up due to his Weapon and Ardent Sacrifice etc he looses raw support stat wise to Corrin but he has a different niche and doesnt need to support the unit in question
Regular Zephiel can be decent too, with Distant Ward his refine and distant def sacred seal he can shut magic damage dealers and bows down. i mean we are talking an addition 12 def against bow users to his allready high def and an additional 17 Res and 5 Atk to his Res stat

As for the others though, they do not seem that great in my opinion.

Marth: Hero King's effectiveness is not bad, but Blade mages can reach a similar level of Atk with the Blade effect against all opponents.

Both Byleths are very consistent, but the price of that consistency is it does not always do anything, and I am not sure how often you really need it unless you are constantly facing stuff like Surtrs.

While Marth does have a different niche than M!Corrin, his niche feels kind of underwhelming in my opinion. Like, I think it is just easier to just use 1 super tank, 2 M!Corrins, and 1 healer over trying to juggle and heal multiple tanks.

Zephiel feels rather meh to me. He is not bad and he can definitely hold his own, but he just feels rather average based on what I put him through in Arena Assault.

Edited by XRay

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

Oh yeah, he is decent. Guaranteed follow-up on both phases is always nice. Good for Galeforce and especially dual phasing. We do not have a lot of dual phasers outside of Counter-Vantage units. While I guess fast units can be good dual phasing units, they have too many stats that they need to juggle, unlike guaranteed follow-up dual phasing units who can dump Spd and more efficiently distribute their stats.

As for the others though, they do not seem that great in my opinion.

Marth: Hero King's effectiveness is not bad, but Blade mages can reach a similar level of Atk with the Blade effect against all opponents.

Both Byleths are very consistent, but the price of that consistency is it does not always do anything, and I am not sure how often you really need it unless you are constantly facing stuff like Surtrs.

While Marth does have a different niche than M!Corrin, his niche feels kind of underwhelming in my opinion. Like, I think it is just easier to just use 1 super tank, 2 M!Corrins, and 1 healer over trying to juggle and heal multiple tanks.

Zephiel feels rather meh to me. He is not bad and he can definitely hold his own, but he just feels rather average based on what I put him through in Arena Assault.

Oh i wasnt talking purely from an AR perspectiv. Marth is my dedicated Arena cheerleader since you know the bonus unit allways changes and with Infantry Breath he is a fantastic cheerleader for the Askrtrio. Although with the recent changes you only need to kill 1 unit with the bonus unit (still makes it alot easier with a cheer squad)