• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Note that 3-4* units so far have only had inheritable weapons, so 3-4* Leonardo could conflict with his personal weapon.

True, but IS is known to break their own trends on more than one occasion so that's not to say Leo wouldn't just still be the 3-4 with his weapon. Then we also factor in that they only had personal weapons in the NA version of the game, so if they decided to outright ignore them then all bets are off.

@mcsilas I'd be interested in a clear like that. If Edward is on an RD banner though, Leo's a given anyway.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That, and I'd imagine there'd be a pretty high chance that they would put a FEH OC Micaiah alt or RD Ilyana on a banner like that because Edward simply isn't popular enough to carry a banner by himself.

IS wants to give all the main characters a duo alt so I wouldn't be surprised if the next PoR banner has a lord Ike duo unit or the next RD banner has a Micaiah duo unit. 

I don't think a DB banner alone would sell but Jill can make it sell, or a Micaiah alt. 

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

That legit annoys me. Even if you're probably right. I like all the Swordmasters from the Tellius universe but the idea of Lucia getting in before Edward still annoys me even if she's the more likely choice.

They could do a Crimean army banner with Lucia, Geoffrey, Kieran and Astrid with Bastian as the 3-4* demote and GHB Ludveck. If that happens before a DB banner with Edward, I wouldn't be upset. I do want a theme for a banner. So far, all the Tellius banners have a theme associated with it. 

15 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I don't think a DB banner alone would sell but Jill can make it sell, or a Micaiah alt. 

Yeah, that was precisely what I was getting at but I do admit I forgot to consider the inclusion of a Duo unit.

Though because I alluded to it earlier, I suppose I'll post the DB's CYL3 results for reference:

Spoiler

Edward: 204th; 1,138 votes
Aran: 369th; 427 votes
Meg: 370th; 420 yeah memes votes
Leonardo: 430th; 255 votes
Laura: 440th; 236 votes
Nolan: 456th; 196 votes
Fiona: 476th; 155 votes

If he counts, Volug did reasonably well (210th; 1,100 votes).

The fact that most of them performed as if they were from one of the non-localized games isn't very encouraging at all. Yeah, I know Radiant Dawn didn't do that well and is stupidly hard to get a physical copy of nowadays, but still.

12 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

IS wants to give all the main characters a duo alt so I wouldn't be surprised if the next PoR banner has a lord Ike duo unit or the next RD banner has a Micaiah duo unit. 

Just remember the most recent FE6 Banner with Igrene, Percival, Lalum and Echidna. Not a single one of those characters was particularly popular. I don't think Doorway to Destiny was all that interesting either even if some people like Quan/Lewyn.

Just outfit the DB with some good art and a great kit and make Laura the star of the banner. Give her some kind of great OP set and weapon and the banner would sell fine. A duo alt in this day and age would be likely though, even if we'd lose a member as a result which is annoying.

12 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

They could do a Crimean army banner with Lucia, Geoffrey, Kieran and Astrid with Bastian as the 3-4* demote and GHB Ludveck. If that happens before a DB banner with Edward, I wouldn't be upset. I do want a theme for a banner. So far, all the Tellius banners have a theme associated with it. 

A banner like that before the DB would be fine. Just don't slap together 3-4 units from RD and then give us the RD Version of Lucia. That would legit annoy me.

I want a DB banner because something like that ensures Edwards inclusion. On any other front Lucia or even Zihark have better chances as they to my recollection were more popular characters and units in the Tellius universe.

To add to the PoR vs. RD discussion, there's also characters like Brom and Jill who use lances in PoR but then use axes in RD. Characters like that could get a PoR lance-wielding variant, and an RD axe-wielding one. Or whatever weapon the character switched to/from.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo i want Edward too but if anything maybe Leonardo can join so i can finally make Leo emblem with Leo, Leon, Leonardo and maybe Leonie from 3H whenever she gets in

Seeing the name Leonardo made me think about a TMNT team, but alas, we do not have Fire Emblem characters named Donatello or Michelangelo. Donnel's the closest to Donatello and I guess Michalis or Mikhail for Michelangelo.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Seeing the name Leonardo made me think about a TMNT team, but alas, we do not have Fire Emblem characters named Donatello or Michelangelo. Donnel's the closest to Donatello and I guess Michalis or Mikhail for Michelangelo.

Same with an A-Team banner.

@Zeo Funnily enough Team Leo sounds like it will be mostly archers (Leon, Leonardo and then Leonie could be a Bow Knight).

@Kaden Speaking of TNMT and how they are names of artists...can't wait for artist emblem of Ignatz, Shigure, Kagero and Forde

@Icelerate I see it now, Bastian being a green dagger with Blazing Wind to reference his wind magic as well as access to knives 😕

I think this current Tap Battle is made of worse decisions than before.

Blinking red tiles on a floor of black and multicolored lines

Stage 20 is LONG. It's about as long as the average stage 100.

Not worth it.

EDIT: Stage 40 is also as long as the usual stage 100, assuming that all multiples of 20 will be likes this.

What the fuck, IS, who thought this was a good idea? Tap Battle isn't an enjoyable enough mode to put up with this shit just because you want to put some J-pop songs in full.

Edited by Sunwoo

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not worth it.

EDIT: Stage 40 is also as long as the usual stage 100, assuming that all multiples of 20 will be likes this.

Yeah, except that only applies on Hard. You probably should've also mentioned that to avoid scaring people.

Though yes, those stages on Hard are unreasonably long but at least we can mute the J-Pop and play something else over itI certainly did.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, except that only applies on Hard. You probably should've also mentioned that to avoid scaring people.

Though yes, those stages on Hard are unreasonably long but at least we can mute the J-Pop and play something else over itI certainly did.

I wasn't aware it was any different on normal, actually. Well, good to know that it's avoidable at least.

Yeah, I tried listen to the J-pop but it's reeeeeeeeally not my thing. I turned on some nice Celtic and Nordic instrumental music instead. 

Too late, already had my heart attack. Would be sorely tempted to just set up the auto-tapper in an emulator to just spam tap the bottom of the screen. Would've been super confused too because I've had music off permanently for like two years.

Edited by Humanoid

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I tried listen to the J-pop but it's reeeeeeeeally not my thing. I turned on some nice Celtic and Nordic instrumental music instead. 

That's better than me. It only took me like five seconds to go "Nope" and promptly replace it with Spyro music. I just couldn't do it.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I think this current Tap Battle is made of worse decisions than before.

Blinking red tiles on a floor of black and multicolored lines

Not worth it.

What the fuck, IS, who thought this was a good idea? Tap Battle isn't an enjoyable enough mode to put up with this shit just because you want to put some J-pop songs in full.

You can just mute the phone and spam tap it while you are watching YouTube or listen to music or something. There is no need to aim for S rank since it does not give any additional rewards.

...the music isn't that bad. I mean, it isn't Uta no Prince-sama, but it isn't ear-bleed inducing. I understand if J-pop isn't your thing, but what do you expect for a company based in Japan, let alone featuring a game whose entire theme revolves around J-pop culture?

3 hours ago, silverserpent said:

...the music isn't that bad. I mean, it isn't Uta no Prince-sama, but it isn't ear-bleed inducing. I understand if J-pop isn't your thing, but what do you expect for a company based in Japan, let alone featuring a game whose entire theme revolves around J-pop culture?

country music? 

sorry. lol 

i honestly didn't have a problem with it but i also lived a year in asia and i love J/K Pop music. i also liked that they changed it. it's not the typical dungeon 

3 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Yoko Shimomura-style grand orchestra OSts, Michiru Yamane's goth orchestra osts, or Akiko Shikata's  fantasy-feel songs, which would't be out of place from usual FE. Thing is, TMS ain't normal FE, it's actually an idol game, tho even Japanese rythm game have orchestratic songs, like ones made by Zektbach.

For me, this is probably the most enjoyable Tap Battle since... ever. The songs are not bad, but they are good for a rhythm mini-game like Tap Battle.

Too bad we didn't get a Dragalia Lost collab in FEH last year, because Dragalia Lost music would be cool in Tap Battle.

...May I ask which TMS tracks they picked as a non-player of FEH?

And quit calling TMS an "idol game", it gives the impression of it being a rhythm game with career simulation elements to me. It has no rhythm, it has no career simulation, it's a full-fledged Atlus JRPG featuring FE elements with a modern Japanese entertainment aesthetic and some songs, thats it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

The standard battle theme is lowkey good, thats good.

Raindrop Memories is fairly good. As for Kiria, it being Reincarnation is fine, but I like The Labyrinth more, it's actually a good song if you ask me. Feel I'm eh on, but Dream Catcher can make me smile, if it's absurd enough to that, I don't mind it so much.😃

The one new song, the best song, and a couple others, they went all out, I like.

And for those who can't stand the music, be glad they spared you the accompanying visuals.:

Spoiler

Better than this "God Thoughts of Arcadia" I've heard people praise.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I don’t like J Pop or K Pop boy / girl bands, but I enjoy these #FE song selections. They’re fun! A nice change of pace. Plus, they’re good singers. The dance floor is much better than the same old tired dungeon. 

I also almost play with volume off during tap battles anyway, but I made an exception and turned it on for the sake of listening to the music. It’s a celebration after all!  

Dream Catcher sounds like a Splatoon 2 song btw