• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

That does seem pretty likely. We haven't gotten repeat legendary banner appearances from any New Heroes units that recent so far, but he seems like a good candidate for it, especially since he's colorless - those have been the most common. And colorless is lacking in both New Heroes and seasonals from around the same time as the other colors from the current legendary timeframe, so it'd be a good time for it.

I'm just making an educated guess here. It'd be really weird for them to leave Caineghis off today's VG banner when he's a participant and not on any currently running banner, if he wasn't planned for the legendary banner. And I'm pretty sure he's a desired pull for many people, too.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm just making an educated guess here. It'd be really weird for them to leave Caineghis off today's VG banner when he's a participant and not on any currently running banner, if he wasn't planned for the legendary banner. And I'm pretty sure he's a desired pull for many people, too.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. They've had plenty of 4-character VG banners before, so something's up.

Another possibility could be something to do with the anniversary, like a Hero Fest.

There was a real possibility of Silque being the third grey unit, so if Caineghis replaces her, that's a huge win. Unless he's replacing Dancing Nephenee or CYL Camilla, then eh.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:53 AM, Ottservia said:

I really think the simple answer is that devs just really like girls. It wouldn't shock me but I do have to wonder how much of heroes's fanbase/dev team is made up of Otaku cause that's really the main contributor to these sorts of things and Otaku are usually the ones who shill out the most money for their hobby. There's a reason why trash light novels do so well simply because they pander to that market even if the story itself is just trash. Cute anime girls just sell really well and they want to capitalize on that market.

That , but also because  game devs are still misogynistic boomers who still think men doesn' t sell and girls that 1: too serious to care about fictions 2: too pure to be thirsty. Even manga and anime business were this misogynistic too , that even back then the author of Samurai X were called out for designing a MC too pretty for a shonen series, they don' t want girls in their market. But now manga and anime directors are more open to the idea of selling guys to thirsty women, i mean, why else we have swimming anime about guys and there is a girl who reminds us how gorgeous their muscles are, or magical boys anime. It is indeed beyond me as to why game devs still doesn' t want to admit girls are thirsty too, despite there are  clear proofs like how selling Touken Ranbu is,  how Lords of Shadows flopped because Castlevania was supported by Alucard' s fangirls , who leaves becuse  his redesign wasn' t the pretty boy he was in Ayami Kojima' s design, then Konami tried to lick those fangirls' shoes by using Ayami Kojima' s design back and make gacha, anime and figure based on that design, how selling Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts - you know, FFXV have all-guys party that qualify to be boyband members ? You can argue KH sells because of Disney name, but who buys KH male OCs like Axel or Riku merchs? Why even back from early 2000s KH fics were mostly yaoi? The thirsty fangirls of course! And then those boomers at Nintemdo keep blind eye to all of this.

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

i mean, why else we have swimming anime about guys and there is a girl who reminds us how gorgeous their muscles are, or magical boys anime.

I have absolutely no interest in anime, but this sounds too funny yet gender-equalizing to not ask more about.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

And Ranulf gets shafted from a shapeshifter-themed event yet again. He could've easily been included on the NY banner, and he could've been included in this voting gauntlet too. He's a popular character, so I don't understand this. Can I have Ranulf in a laguz/shapeshifter themed thing AT SOME POINT PLEASE? ;_;

Oh, this goes for Kaden too. He and Ranulf are my favorite shapeshifters from their respective games and they've both been shafted twice now.

Edited by Anacybele

How on earth did a VG happen where I have everyone in it and there are several units I really like?  Let's see who should I support first?  I think I will go with Nailah since I love her and if she pulls out a win maybe Volug will have a better shot at getting in.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Ranulf was a bonus unit in the NY TT though?

I don't think he was, actually. I would've used him if that was the case. And if he was, that's still not as cool as being in a VG or getting an alt.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think he was, actually. I would've used him if that was the case.

I sent out three cavalry beasts on every auto-battle, lemme look up the units to make sure I'm not misremembering which green beast it was.

...and it is Ranulf, alongside Lethe and Selkie, see the info box on the right of the page. https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Mid-fest_Digest

EDIT: Ninjaed. But to be sure, he was on the TT banner here too: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Focus:_Tempest_Trials_(Mid-fest_Digest)

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, that still doesn't count, like I said. It's not the same as getting an alt or being in a voting gauntlet.

‘It turns out I was wrong so suddenly the point that proves me wrong doesn’t count anymore’

Rather petty to just disregard the evidence that proves Ranulf does get representation the moment it it presented to you. 

Mind you, you’re not wrong in that getting an Alt is quite a step above being a TT bonus unit with a corresponding banner. So yeah, Lethe lucked out with an alt that is represented in the VG, but to suddenly dismiss the entire point entirely is just petty.

Nailah alt when though IS? =o 

I am expecting one this year since she and Tibarn were popular enough to be featured on a Hero fest, so they have proven popularity, unlike Ranulf, who doesn’t feature on any banner or other thing eeeeevvveeeer. 😉

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

‘It turns out I was wrong so suddenly the point that proves me wrong doesn’t count anymore’

Rather petty to just disregard the evidence that proves Ranulf does get representation the moment it it presented to you. 

Mind you, you’re not wrong in that getting an Alt is quite a step above being a TT bonus unit with a corresponding banner. So yeah, Lethe lucked out with an alt that is represented in the VG, but to suddenly dismiss the entire point entirely is just petty.

Uh, if you didn't notice, I'd edited one of my previous posts to say it didn't count before I knew I was wrong. So you're wrong here. And yes, exactly, getting an alt is a huge step above.

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I am expecting one this year since she and Tibarn were popular enough to be featured on a Hero fest, so they have proven popularity, unlike Ranulf, who doesn’t feature on any banner or other thing eeeeevvveeeer. 😉

Yeah, I suppose that is what happens when you don’t have either Sturdy Impact or Distant Counter + Null C-Disrupt.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I suppose that is what happens when you don’t have either Sturdy Impact or Distant Counter + Null C-Disrupt.

Beast Valor and being one of the best Counter-Vantage unit helps too.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Beast Valor and being one of the best Counter-Vantage unit helps too.

Yeah that too of course, but I was just referring to Tibarn and Nailah because Sal was just referring to them in his post that I quoted.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Tibarn was on a Hero Fest because of his skill kit and stats. He IS a good unit and comes with Sturdy Impact. Ranulf doesn't have anything worth foddering. But he is a fairly popular character. He was the most wanted unit from Tellius behind Tibarn for awhile. At least among laguz.

Edited by Anacybele

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, if you didn't notice, I'd edited one of my previous posts to say it didn't count before I knew I was wrong. So you're wrong here. And yes, exactly, getting an alt is a huge step above.

There is quite a difference between ‘not as cool’ and something ‘not counting at all’.  I saw the edit, and I still consider it petty to disregard a statement as soon as you are proven wrong

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah that too of course, but I was just referring to Tibarn and Nailah because Sal was just referring to them in his post that I quoted.

Yeah that was an amazing banner.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Tibarn was on a Hero Fest because of his skill kit and stats. He IS a good unit and comes with Sturdy Impact. Ranulf doesn't have anything worth foddering. But he is a fairly popular character. He was the most wanted unit from Tellius behind Tibarn for awhile. At least among laguz.

What are you talking about, Ranulf also has prime fodder. For scoring purposes the rally + skills are very valuable and are just as in demand for scoring as tier four skills as impact skills. For battle value the rally skills are worth less, but every person playing for score loves getting things like ranulf

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

There is quite a difference between ‘not as cool’ and something ‘not counting at all’.  I saw the edit, and I still consider it petty to disregard a statement as soon as you are proven wrong

Well, I meant no difference. Your opinion though.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

What are you talking about, Ranulf also has prime fodder. For scoring purposes the rally + skills are very valuable and are just as in demand for scoring as tier four skills as impact skills. For battle value the rally skills are worth less, but every person playing for score loves getting things like ranulf

Meh, Tibarn still has better stats and skills.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Ranulf doesn't have anything worth foddering. But he is a fairly popular character. He was the most wanted unit from Tellius behind Tibarn for awhile. At least among laguz.

Ranulf has Rally Atk/Def+, which is worthy to fodder, and you can get Chill Atk alongside it.  For me, Ranulf is only useful as fodder.

In my opinion, Ranulf is the worst Green Cavalry Beast we have... He is not as supportive as Kaden, not as good as Galeforce as Yarne, and not as tanky as NY Lethe. Even if we consider Reyson as well, he is a dancer that also heals, which is way more useful than Mr. Fairly Popular.

A Ranulf in my hands is destined to be foddered... After getting the flowers and Hero Merit's feathers.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ranulf has Rally Atk/Def+, which is worthy to fodder, and you can get Chill Atk alongside it.  For me, Ranulf is only useful as fodder.

In my opinion, Ranulf is the worst Green Cavalry Beast we have... He is not as supportive as Kaden, not as good as Galeforce as Yarne, and not as tanky as NY Lethe. Even if we consider Reyson as well, he is a dancer that also heals, which is way more useful than Mr. Fairly Popular.

A Ranulf in my hands is destined to be foddered... After getting the flowers and Hero Merit's feathers.

Only reason why mine is still alive. 
honestly, i'm just waiting for someone to kill Tibarn for too. have no use for him either. 

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Only reason why mine is still alive. 
honestly, i'm just waiting for someone to kill Tibarn for too. have no use for him either. 

I would use him to grief players who made the brain fart mistake of forgetting about his increased movement range on Aether Raids defense. I fell for that shit when he was first released, and I sometimes still do when I am half asleep or just plain old forgot about it.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would use him to grief players who made the brain fart mistake of forgetting about his increased movement range on Aether Raids defense. I fell for that shit when he was first released, and I sometimes still do when I am half asleep or just plain old forgot about it.

can't be bothered with that.
Honestly for the most part I hate all the beasts (In feh). not because they messs me up - they are just.. belgh to me. Leanne and Reyson  are the exception because they dance lol.