Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

inb4 Oliver gets a resplendent version next month.

Feels so bad right now. There's a Lyn banner right there in my face and I have basically no orbs to spend on it. the CYL banner is dropping tickets into my account like candy, the Valentines banner is unappealing but Conrad is such an easy pull it makes me want to spend and the New Heroes banner is extraordinarily tempting. Nevermind that I don't know what the double special heroes banner will contain.

It's hard to regret pulling NY!Alfonse. I'm really enjoying him. Not having those 400 orbs I would have been sitting on is really hurting right now though... maybe I would have blown them on something else? I don't know, but I do know it'll probably be a year before OG Lyn gets another banner. Really blew it this time.

If they do a third round of weekly revivals on the same schedule (which we'll find out in about a month), Lyn should get another weekly revival in eight weeks. (And those have significantly better focus rates than BHB banners.)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they do a third round of weekly revivals on the same schedule (which we'll find out in about a month), Lyn should get another weekly revival in eight weeks. (And those have significantly better focus rates than BHB banners.)

I'll hold out a bit of hope for that then.

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

inb4 Oliver gets a resplendent version next month.

Feels so bad right now. There's a Lyn banner right there in my face and I have basically no orbs to spend on it. the CYL banner is dropping tickets into my account like candy, the Valentines banner is unappealing but Conrad is such an easy pull it makes me want to spend and the New Heroes banner is extraordinarily tempting. Nevermind that I don't know what the double special heroes banner will contain.

It's hard to regret pulling NY!Alfonse. I'm really enjoying him. Not having those 400 orbs I would have been sitting on is really hurting right now though... maybe I would have blown them on something else? I don't know, but I do know it'll probably be a year before OG Lyn gets another banner. Really blew it this time.

How could a Resplendent version exist when the current one is already the pinnacle of perfection?

I'm kinda the same with regrets. Feeling pretty jaded at the moment having gone from 701 orbs to, uh, 35, and truthfully not really strengthening my barracks. I really want one merge for Summer Laegjarn who is due to appear soon, whether on the double seasonal banner or the legendary one (prefer the latter probable because the other two units scheduled are great too), but that might be off the menu now.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

How could a Resplendent version exist when the current one is already the pinnacle of perfection?

I'm kinda the same with regrets. Feeling pretty jaded at the moment having gone from 701 orbs to, uh, 35, and truthfully not really strengthening my barracks. I really want one merge for Summer Laegjarn who is due to appear soon, whether on the double seasonal banner or the legendary one (prefer the latter probable because the other two units scheduled are great too), but that might be off the menu now.

Make his damaged art the same for all his other arts.

I think the thing is for players like us, ones that have been playing the game for a long time now, pulls have to mean more I think. Back in the first few months, every *5 pull was cool, refreshing, amazing and meaningful. Something to get you excited because it likely had an impact on your barracks. Fast forward to now, we realistically have just about everything we need for clearing content. Plenty of powerful units and something for just about any situation. Now any *5 you pull isn't necessarily exciting anymore. It has to be impactful. Either a unit you like, a unit with fodder for one you like, or one that genuinely makes some aspect of the game easier. These things can be hard to come by.

With all that said, spending 600+ orbs and not having feeling an impact kind of really sucks. If I was saving that much, It would have to be either for a merge project or so that I can almost guarantee I can pull fodder for favorites whenever I want.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

With all that said, spending 600+ orbs and not having feeling an impact kind of really sucks. If I was saving that much, It would have to be either for a merge project or so that I can almost guarantee I can pull fodder for favorites whenever I want.

Yeah, Legendary Leif is that unit for me, the only unit released last year with any big impact on how I play. So I figured I'd go for some merges for him since prior to this month he was +1 with a Res boon. Well, now he's +2 with a Res boon, the one copy I managed to summon coming with the even worse Spd boon.

Not saying there weren't decent consolation prizes in there of course - statistically there had to have been - but eliminating bad banes from F Byleth and Caineghis, both rarely used units, just isn't all that impactful.

(There was also a -Atk Lif, a -Atk Legendary Eliwood, and a -Atk Brave Eliwood out of that bunch of orbs. Figures.)

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Now any *5 you pull isn't necessarily exciting anymore.

Now it is only exciting if you get the Focus unit, and sometimes maybe a pity breaker that you really like. In most cases though, I am pretty sure most people do not want to see most pity breakers now. Basically you are either happy or being super disappointed.

Edited by XRay

Don't worry @Zeo, I've been trying to get either Hot Springs Sakura or Ryoma but all I have is a 4.5% pity rate and if the next New Heroes banner has Rath on it, then I don't have enough orbs to get him. And even if he's not on it, I wasted 4.5% worth of orbs on freaking HOT SPRINGS when I should've been saving for Legendary Eirika at the end of this month.

I regret everything.

Obligatory reminder that my time on the Genealogy banner ended with this breaking a 4.50% rate and without a single focus unit being attained:

Spoiler

pMIxd3o.png

And now fast forward to the present and you’ll find that I have this:

Spoiler

ZzpEQDT.png

My luck when actually spending orbs on a regular banner has been catastrophically bad lately.

19 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Fae and Tharja.

Just having fake antlers (and tail in W!Fae’s case, I guess) doesn’t make it a reindeer; it’s just a half-hearted attempt. Even something like what they did with Picnic!Genny’s art would’ve sufficed to some degree. 

Anyway...

Spoiler

I hope the next GHB is actually Lundgren. We haven’t had an armored unit GHB since Zephiel. 

19 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Just having fake antlers (and tail in W!Fae’s case, I guess) doesn’t make it a reindeer; it’s just a half-hearted attempt.

Fae clearly killed that reindeer herself, skinned it herself, and made it into a headband and cape herself and now you're trampling upon all of her hard work? You monster!

29 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Thanks! He'll be my third completed grail project. First was Naesala, then Xander. I'll probably do either Haar or Cormag next. Or Rolf, to round out the colors. 

Omg your taste is perfect! I’ve only done masked marth, partly because I like Lucina and partly because of all the free copies I’ve gotten. I want to do one of the TT boys (Leo, Itsuki, Rolf), but the amount of extra copies a GHB gives make those seem more tempting lol. I might do Xander just cuz I have so many copies of him as well.

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Just having fake antlers (and tail in W!Fae’s case, I guess) doesn’t make it a reindeer; it’s just a half-hearted attempt. Even something like what they did with Picnic!Genny’s art would’ve sufficed to some degree. 

Anyway...

Hide contents

I hope the next GHB is actually Lundgren. We haven’t had an armored unit GHB since Zephiel. 

Oooh.

Spoiler

If this is just a Lyn banner, that would be a great GHB! Did she have any recruitable enemies other than Dorcus? 

14 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Oooh.

Reveal hidden contents

If this is just a Lyn banner, that would be a great GHB! Did she have any recruitable enemies other than Dorcus? 

Spoiler

Nope. Dorcas was the only one unless you count Rath, whose recruitment happened as part of the story and not in gameplay.

It's also pretty much impossible for it to be a purely Lyn route banner since there are no female characters left to add.

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Your current one. This is unacceptable.

Oh, but why? I thought the match between the hair colors was pretty (Celica might need a mustache to reach a similar level) and Oliver wanted a more majestic touch. Do you think it stains his perfect presentation in any way? 

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh? How about a cat with Oliver's face? And a Santa hat?

I'm not a big fan of cats, but the santa hat might happen ... in 9-10 months ... if the hat is shiny enough. 

17 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Vaguely reminiscent of Obelix to me, which is no bad thing.

Haha, I had the "viking-Obelix" feeling as well when I first checked the result. 

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Perfection can't be maintained without continuous progression, but of course the artist will have a hard time making Resplendent Oliver any better than the OG version. 

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I agree. I think the contours of Celica's hair very nicely frames Oliver's face.

I am not sure if Azura's hair and hat thingy would look as nice on Oliver though.

Thanks! 

Hmm, I might have to try that. 

9 hours ago, Karimlan said:

It takes a connoisseur to appreciate the grandeur personified that is Oliver.

Thank you! But I always thought his grandeur was easy to spot. 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Nope. Dorcas was the only one unless you count Rath, whose recruitment happened as part of the story and not in gameplay.

It's also pretty much impossible for it to be a purely Lyn route banner since there are no female characters left to add.

Spoiler

Hmmm, good point...and I doubt an all Male banner would happen at all. 

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Sounds like it's time for a Florina alt. 

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sounds like it's time for a Florina alt. 

Spoiler

Don't you mean another Lyn alt? She's still missing a standard summoning pool alt, after all.

EDIT:

Spoiler

I wouldn't say no to a Lyn + Mark Duo alt, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, but why? I thought the match between the hair colors was pretty (Celica might need a mustache to reach a similar level) and Oliver wanted a more majestic touch. Do you think it stains his perfect presentation in any way? 

Celica is being disgraced.

50 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Celica is being disgraced.

But Celica should be honored by Oliver's beautiful tribute. A disgrace would be not appreciate Oliver's beauty.

Also, @mampfoid, Valentian Oliver is one of my favorites. Would be cool if you find a way to make Vallite Oliver. What about Sothis's hair on Oliver as well?

And for Christmas... What about Christmas Valentian Oliver?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

9 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Hee...just another 3-4 months until he's maxed!

T8fM0Rw.jpg

he is much awesome!

7 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Omg your taste is perfect! I’ve only done masked marth, partly because I like Lucina and partly because of all the free copies I’ve gotten. I want to do one of the TT boys (Leo, Itsuki, Rolf), but the amount of extra copies a GHB gives make those seem more tempting lol. I might do Xander just cuz I have so many copies of him as well.

i know what you mean. 
I kinda wanna do Aversa/itsuki... (Kronya). Minizura. and then i am like... those grails. those grails!