Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sophia is a weird and random choice. 😕 Minor unpopular female.

But this does open the door for other unpopular characters like Frederick! If IS is willing to give men not named Ike anything, that is.

I was expecting a green or colorless male, if only to keep them diverse. I suppose the marketing strategy is that they lead with a popular 5*  to start the month, and then follow up with whoever. Lyn and Cordelia are really popular, and putting them first was probably more about setting up expectations instead of establishing a trend.

Frederick would rule, though I kinda feel like they're gonna spread the love out across the games so it'd be a while. My gut tells me Takumi will follow Sophia, which people would like if just for CC. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

35 minutes ago, Johann said:

I was expecting a green or colorless male, if only to keep them diverse. I suppose the marketing strategy is that they lead with a popular 5*  to start the month, and then follow up with whoever. Lyn and Cordelia are really popular, and putting them first was probably more about setting up expectations instead of establishing a trend.

Frederick would rule, though I kinda feel like they're gonna spread the love out across the games so it'd be a while. My gut tells me Takumi will follow Sophia, which people would like if just for CC. 

Yeah, that would make sense. And Ike is arguably most popular male.

Yeah, I don't actually expect Resplendent Freddy anytime soon, I just think he's possible in the future. When/if he does come tho, I think he should get a Nifl outfit! Because, well, he can be kinda cold. lol

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, no question about that. Lucina, Roy, and other CYL winners will probably see them sooner than later.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't actually expect Resplendent Freddy anytime soon, I just think he's possible in the future. When/if he does come tho, I think he should get a Nifl outfit! Because, well, he can be kinda cold. lol

I kinda like the idea of him getting an Order of Heroes outfit since one of his castle quotes has him admire the cloaks. Also then he'd match Cordelia, which would be neat. What matters most though is that they could finally add "Pick a god and pray!"

Sophia has always been relatively popular as far as FE6 characters go (pretty sure she’s always been Top 10 within the game). But either way it’s nice to see that Resplendent heroes are not limited to the ultra-popular ones.

I will probably buy Sophia standalone, or the pass depending on who we get after. 

This morning, i was like Sophia? SOPHIA?!
but then i saw her art and I really fell in love with it. She looks sooo pretty. and i am really liking how the colouring is matching the hair for everyone. They are very much on point with the artwork for all of this. I think she'll be one of those units that i'll slowly +10, (i'll def. use my dew on her refine, i've got so much of it). she'll be helpful in squad assaults too which i should actually tackle. 

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Sophia's new art looks so pretty! I think that's Hel-style.

Also, new Dimitri banner is coming!!! I will finally see my boy +10'd!

i will have to live vicariously through you. 😞 

I will mollify myself that I already have Dimitri at +2. (thank you christmas banner). 

Edited by daisy jane

59 minutes ago, Johann said:

I kinda like the idea of him getting an Order of Heroes outfit since one of his castle quotes has him admire the cloaks. Also then he'd match Cordelia, which would be neat. What matters most though is that they could finally add "Pick a god and pray!"

That would work too, yeah. And I still don't get why the hell that line isn't already in the game! It's the coolest and most iconic thing Freddy has! Even Koei knew it was needed when making him for Warriors.

Resplendent Ike's lines are glorious, omg. You and your meat again, Ike. LOL

And HOW does he NOT know what a shoulder pauldron is or what it's for when he wears one all the time? Oh my gosh lol.

Mist and Soren bugging him and making him want to hide too lmao.

Edited by Anacybele

21 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

So he is not an omnitank, but vs two common threats, flier balls and mage IP teams, he is a great unit and sees a lot of use for me. You can take out miracle, but I prefer it for when i have to deal with a HB user and a firesweep/dazzle unit. 

Thanks for sharing! I always liked Jeorge, he was my first 5* archer and yours is looking great!  

I'm using L!Leif and OG Takumi (both +ATK) as my CC Vantage archers against Flier balls and mage IP teams, but it would be interesting to have a unit that survives the likes of Ophelia and Sonya. 

I'm not sure about Miracle, do you have any IP support on your team to proc it? I looks like Jeorge would like a damage special. Did you ever consider Sacred Cowl? 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's an Embla Attire. It's said in the Resplendent Heroes website.

The next attire should be Hel/Eir/Death themed, after that Fairy themed and then we are back to Askr (probably).

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But he likes setting fires!

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

The next attire should be Hel/Eir/Death themed, after that Fairy themed and then we are back to Askr (probably).

I wonder if they will do a ljósålfar attire and a dÜkkålfar attire, or just one attire that symbolize both.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not sure about Miracle, do you have any IP support on your team to proc it? I looks like Jeorge would like a damage special. Did you ever consider Sacred Cowl? 

Ranged units can't learn Sacred Cowl.

Wow that Resplendant Ike looks pretty fine. Glad I don't use PR Ike anymore really, otherwise I might've bought that 😬 I'm glad these artworks aren't based off any of the games or card art, they're all new. Still though, they're gonna get me eventually with this, I know it.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Miracle's actually a choice worth considering for units who mostly don't need specials to get kills. Think of it this way: a damage special like Moonbow will fire off whether you need it or not, but if it's not ready when you do, then it's a problem. Meanwhile, Miracle acts as a security against a unit who is tough enough to survive the first hit but can't follow up on the 1 HP. Vantage Jeorge handles it well in AR since mages and fliers are so common that he should be ok to take a hit and survive, and Vantage proc most others. As @Vicious Sal said, knowing the AI is important; it's worth noting that the AI doesn't factor Vantage, Parthia's magic damage reduction, or Miracle into the damage calculations, which works in Jeorge's favor. That he mentioned Firesweep/Dazzling effects is another great point.

50 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Shame the Forma souls are bound to the Hall of Forms event that coincides with it. I would not mind buying a forma pack and then leave the forma soul until I got a unit I would want.

According to the notifications:

"Unused Forma Souls will remain in your possession and may be used to add Forma units from future Hall of Forms events to your army."

From what it says, it means that you can stock Forma Souls.

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

According to the notifications:

"Unused Forma Souls will remain in your possession and may be used to add Forma units from future Hall of Forms events to your army."

From what it says, it means that you can stock Forma Souls.

Oh I missed that, the notifications stated certain time periods so I wrongly assumed they were time gated.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ranged units can't learn Sacred Cowl.

Note to self: I should check restrictions before talking about skills I never use. 

11 hours ago, Johann said:

Miracle's actually a choice worth considering for units who mostly don't need specials to get kills. Think of it this way: a damage special like Moonbow will fire off whether you need it or not, but if it's not ready when you do, then it's a problem. Meanwhile, Miracle acts as a security against a unit who is tough enough to survive the first hit but can't follow up on the 1 HP. Vantage Jeorge handles it well in AR since mages and fliers are so common that he should be ok to take a hit and survive, and Vantage proc most others. As @Vicious Sal said, knowing the AI is important; it's worth noting that the AI doesn't factor Vantage, Parthia's magic damage reduction, or Miracle into the damage calculations, which works in Jeorge's favor. That he mentioned Firesweep/Dazzling effects is another great point.

For me the 5 CD was always the biggest point against miracle. Also the fact that you can use it only once if there is no way to get above 1 HP. The way you two describe how it works makes me want to try it out with Jeorge, but CC isn't exactly a cheap/common skill. 

So far I've been using Vantage units with a damage special (which is a lottery to proc in the right moment, like you wrote), exception is L!Leif with his personal special. Other tanks like the armor Tikis use low CD healing specials to stay alive. In general I'm not using EP units much, also because of my lack of patience when it comes to AI prediction. 

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

So far I've been using Vantage units with a damage special (which is a lottery to proc in the right moment, like you wrote), exception is L!Leif with his personal special. Other tanks like the armor Tikis use low CD healing specials to stay alive. In general I'm not using EP units much, also because of my lack of patience when it comes to AI prediction. 

Speaking of Leif: Unifier of Thracia, I remember seeing Pheonixmaster1 putting Fury on him. I was confused at first but then I saw ESCAPE ROUTE on the B slot. Pretty fucking crazy to see him zoom in and out without any help from Dancers/Singers.

You think you can nerf me with 1 movement? WELL JUST WATCH ME TELEPORT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP!!!

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

Speaking of Leif: Unifier of Thracia, I remember seeing Pheonixmaster1 putting Fury on him. I was confused at first but then I saw ESCAPE ROUTE on the B slot. Pretty fucking crazy to see him zoom in and out without any help from Dancers/Singers.

You think you can nerf me with 1 movement? WELL JUST WATCH ME TELEPORT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP!!!

Huh. Fury seems a bit unexciting compared to Push, but I do want to try Escape Route on him now. 

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh. Fury seems a bit unexciting compared to Push, but I do want to try Escape Route on him now. 

Push stops working if your HP gets too low, and since he also wants to step on a Bolt Trap, he might not have enough HP to work through enough rounds of combat.