Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Probably the most scary prospect of the FEH Pass for me at this point is the precedent that Sophia being one of the choices brings as well as the reality that if Matthew got a resplendent version I would buy the pass without question. And that's saying a lot because I didn't buy the pass when Lyn was available, and she's my favorite FE character. But I've come to realize she's my favorite character in general FE, but in FEH, Matthew by far takes the cake as my favorite character and unit. I've had my ups and downs in this game but he is the one that has carried me from mid-late game all the way to end game. He has brought me the most enjoyment and fun out of this game as a whole and has continued to do that. He is quite frankly the very reason why I'm still playing this game today.

If he got a resplendent version with +2 to all stats. I'd buy the pass immediately. 100% guaranteed. And that's somewhat scary to think about, knowing there are plenty of other players that have "that" unit they'd buy the pass for. Lloyd, Rebecca and Eliwood come to mind almost immediately. Athena too.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Times like these, I'm glad I never did SA. I have 20 of them, so 40 orbs for the claiming. Plus book 4 CCs.

correction: I have more than 100 orbs to farm up between now and next Saturday. Yay~

For Our Beloved.
Good luck!

I stopped doing SAs after the tenth one, if anything to prevent clogging up my menu with worthless Seals. So that's 22 SAs available to do as now. I have a suspicion that on the day I quit FEH for good (or the game shuts down), I'll still only have done 10 in total.

That said, I'm now curious as to how many unclaimed orbs I have from the entire "Story Maps" menu, so:

Squad Assault: 44
Blessed Grounds: 65
Chain Challenge: 122
Tactics Drills: 13
Paralogues: 59
Main Story:  153

Total: 456

Not a bad little piggy bank.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

Speaking of Leif: Unifier of Thracia, I remember seeing Pheonixmaster1 putting Fury on him. I was confused at first but then I saw ESCAPE ROUTE on the B slot. Pretty fucking crazy to see him zoom in and out without any help from Dancers/Singers.

You think you can nerf me with 1 movement? WELL JUST WATCH ME TELEPORT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP!!!

I love ER builds! Summer Takumi and Camilla are big fun with it and my bride Cordelia got a fishy bow as well. Anna is fun in TTs as well (prf, desperation and Brazen/brash). Never thought of using it in AR and though. 

If I get a second Leif, I might try it. But so far his CC/Vantage set works too good for me. 

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

Probably the most scary prospect of the FEH Pass for me at this point is the precedent that Sophia being one of the choices brings as well as the reality that if Matthew got a resplendent version I would buy the pass without question. And that's saying a lot because I didn't buy the pass when Lyn was available, and she's my favorite FE character. But I've come to realize she's my favorite character in general FE, but in FEH, Matthew by far takes the cake as my favorite character and unit. I've had my ups and downs in this game but he is the one that has carried me from mid-late game all the way to end game. He has brought me the most enjoyment and fun out of this game as a whole and has continued to do that. He is quite frankly the very reason why I'm still playing this game today.

If he got a resplendent version with +2 to all stats. I'd buy the pass immediately. 100% guaranteed. And that's somewhat scary to think about, knowing there are plenty of other players that have "that" unit they'd buy the pass for. Lloyd, Rebecca and Eliwood come to mind almost immediately. Athena too.

well the thing is you can get the pass - get Matthew, then also get Lyn. so that's kind of a win win. 

i don't really want to get into a FEH Pass good/bad debate - but for me I am enjoying it greatly. because of Sophia's art (and you know i actually do need raventome users). Sophia's my newest project. I just finished Ares + Peri much earlier than expected. so i need something to distract me from you know, not summoning until the end of time.. I enjoy the game and i don't mind supporting it so it can continue to grow (and just my way of saying "yes. more FE in general please". 

everything else it comes with (for me) is just icing.

I get a Feh pass if the following got an alt: Athena, Tharja, Peri, (bath) Camilla, Chrom, and Laslow. Bath Camilla for the sloppy art most of all.

I'm surprised that the Askr trio still cannot get merges through divine codes. Surly sometime in the future it will be their turn right? 

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm surprised that the Askr trio still cannot get merges through divine codes. Surly sometime in the future it will be their turn right? 

I hope so. Since combat manuals got released I kept thinking they would allow merges for the trio. Be it by giving manuals on quests or something like that. Still nothing, tho

As someone who uses Sharena everytime she's a bonus unit, trust me you do NOT want her to be mergeable.

Akariss uses his +10 Fjorm when she has her bonus week, she's almost invincible and that's sometimes without a dancer.

And she doesn't have Dull everything in her weapon unlike Sharena's.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Alfonse could sure use the merges though. He's pretty meh as a unit. Anna might not be that great compared to some other axe infantry either.

Actually, Alfonse is really good if you use him as a Vantage Unit. Of course, he has any weakness that a normal vantage unit has. But double Brazen with DC and he can kill someone in one hit.

The problem with Anna is that her axe is very useful for a hit and run Galeforce strat with the escape route in her weapon but it's already a niche strat for probably the most unreliable teamcomp.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:59 AM, mampfoid said:

For me the 5 CD was always the biggest point against miracle. Also the fact that you can use it only once if there is no way to get above 1 HP. The way you two describe how it works makes me want to try it out with Jeorge, but CC isn't exactly a cheap/common skill. 

So far I've been using Vantage units with a damage special (which is a lottery to proc in the right moment, like you wrote), exception is L!Leif with his personal special. Other tanks like the armor Tikis use low CD healing specials to stay alive. In general I'm not using EP units much, also because of my lack of patience when it comes to AI prediction. 

Considering how common ranged-only teams are, or at least positions you can place him where only ranged units attack him, I think he'd still be ok without CC, which is mostly for dealing with fliers. The 5 CD on Miracle isn't so bad when you remember that with a Vantage unit, most units are going to get killed anyway, and a damage special can often be overkill. If you're doing the math before making moves, you'd know who'd survive a Vantage hit and adjust your plan accordingly,  perhaps having it charged by the time that enemy reaches you. For what it's worth, my Anima Def team includes Nanna with Restore, Vantage, and Miracle, and she's caused people to lose as she gets the last needed bit of Miracle charge from that Vantage hit.

Personally, I think the best AR units have mixed-phase use. Been using Legendary Chrom, and in most cases he can run in with buffs, shoot a potential threat like Ophelia, and then counter tank everything else on enemy phase. This is a basic strategy I've been doing for along time with units like Fjorm, Hrid, Robin, and others.

27 minutes ago, Nym said:

Actually, Alfonse is really good if you use him as a Vantage Unit. Of course, he has any weakness that a normal vantage unit has. But double Brazen with DC and he can kill someone in one hit.

The problem with Anna is that her axe is very useful for a hit and run Galeforce strat with the escape route in her weapon but it's already a niche strat for probably the most unreliable teamcomp.

Isn't Alfonse's Res kinda crappy for doing DC stuff though? I know the sword Ikes and Ryoma have crappy Res too, but the thing with them is they have better Spd so they won't be doubled much, and in RD Ike's case, he also has Warding Breath to help him.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't Alfonse's Res kinda crappy for doing DC stuff though? I know the sword Ikes and Ryoma have crappy Res too, but the thing with them is they have better Spd so they won't be doubled much, and in RD Ike's case, he also has Warding Breath to help him.

Sorta, but it's AR, where he can get a good Res boost from buffs and blessings. He's also a bonus unit 25% of the time and ultimately the idea for his build would try to make the most of his Brazen Atk/Def effect on his sword. Figure if you ran him in Light season with Peony and Eir, and a Res refined Folkvanger, while he's a bonus unit, he'd have 68 HP / 55 Atk / 33 Spd / 36 Def / 35 Res before buffs. Slap Brazen Atk/Res seal on him and get at least the Peony buffs, and you'd be looking at 75 Atk / 39 Spd / 46 Def / 49 Res, which is not bad.

I personally wouldn't give him DC because it's too rare a skill for a unit I don't care that much about. I also think with that kind of Def/Res, he'd be better off with a different B skill than Vantage.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I think they might not want the Askr units mergeable since it'd mean an easy way to have a +10 bonus unit most seasons. 

They don't need to release 10 manuals of each at the same time. They could give one manual of each on quests on, let's say, the aniversary month. Another set of manuals for golden week. Slowly allowing them to get more merges and making the OCs stronger. These Ephemera manuals are another place they can place Askr manuals. Having them cost 300 means you will only pick one of them each month, so you have to choose and let the other units pass by. That means if you want to +10 one of them, you have to really commit.

So for all those Forma Soul pack buyers I'm going to say the best unit to grab from this HoF is definitely Finn. He costs grails, but if you +10 him he doesn't require any orbs, has no access to natures anyways and this is a prime opportunity to deck him out with premium skills. Of all the units in this group I think he's definitely the best choice.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So for all those Forma Soul pack buyers I'm going to say the best unit to grab from this HoF is definitely Finn. He costs grails, but if you +10 him he doesn't require any orbs, has no access to natures anyways and this is a prime opportunity to deck him out with premium skills. Of all the units in this group I think he's definitely the best choice.

Not to say I have any interest in spending money on this game, but does it say anywhere about hoarding the Forma Souls? Like, could a player save up a few and get multiple Formas if a particular event has multiple characters they want?

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

Not to say I have any interest in spending money on this game, but does it say anywhere about hoarding the Forma Souls? Like, could a player save up a few and get multiple Formas if a particular event has multiple characters they want?

You can stock up, I'm fairly certain I read you don't have to use them on any specific HoF. But I'm also pretty sure you can only grab one unit per HoF. So I don't think you could save up 4 Souls and then like grab all 4 units from one HoF.

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

But I'm also pretty sure you can only grab one unit per HoF

Checked FEH quickly, and can confirm this. you can only get one Forma Soul out of the four available (ergo, per season of Hall of Fjorms, err, Forms).

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I make him walk on Lightening trap on purpose instead of gambling on him surviving an engage. 20 or 30 HP is enough to make him reach both vantage and brazen range.

Also yes, he is fairly slow even with flowers and Brazen ATK/SPD. But the idea is to have him kill in a single blow.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Sorta, but it's AR, where he can get a good Res boost from buffs and blessings. He's also a bonus unit 25% of the time and ultimately the idea for his build would try to make the most of his Brazen Atk/Def effect on his sword. Figure if you ran him in Light season with Peony and Eir, and a Res refined Folkvanger, while he's a bonus unit, he'd have 68 HP / 55 Atk / 33 Spd / 36 Def / 35 Res before buffs. Slap Brazen Atk/Res seal on him and get at least the Peony buffs, and you'd be looking at 75 Atk / 39 Spd / 46 Def / 49 Res, which is not bad.

I personally wouldn't give him DC because it's too rare a skill for a unit I don't care that much about. I also think with that kind of Def/Res, he'd be better off with a different B skill than Vantage.

Wow, I see. That is pretty nice.

22 minutes ago, Nym said:

I make him walk on Lightening trap on purpose instead of gambling on him surviving an engage. 20 or 30 HP is enough to make him reach both vantage and brazen range.

Also yes, he is fairly slow even with flowers and Brazen ATK/SPD. But the idea is to have him kill in a single blow.

If he can kill in a single blow pretty consistently, then that works, yeah.

5 hours ago, Nym said:

His Atk is still really low for Vantage though. Reaching 79 Atk at max investment with Summoner Support, bonus stats, and full Tactics is too low for reliability in my opinion, especially with how bulky units can get lately. Tharja and Tailtiu can reach 87 Atk will full Tactics at +0+0 with no Summoner Support, and Nino is slightly higher at 88.

I guess you can run AMH!Hector and Alfonse will basically get another Atk+20 boost, but that is expensive.

Edited by XRay