Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Didn't realize the revivals were repeating so soon. Not going to have nearly enough orbs to +10 Lyn when she comes back. Guess I'll aim for 2 or 3 copies.

So far, it always seems to be back-to-back - as soon as one cycle ends, the next one starts.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've got his unique refine, Reposition, Aether, DC, Null C-Disrupt, and I can't remember what C skill he has... Seal is Distant Def.

• Consider switching Aether out for Glimmer (or something like Iceberg if you're going to run him with Brave Lucina). He usually can't afford to wait for Aether to charge up, whereas the Lull Def effect ensures that Glimmer will do tons of damage on most foes and he'll just kill them with that one hit.
  • Atk Smoke or Ploy are both good C skills if you're unsure about those, I'm preferential to Smoke since it's more available, higher potency, and usually hits more units.
  • Distant Def is always great, Mirror Stance is also a good choice sometimes.

12 minutes ago, Johann said:
  • Consider switching Aether out for Glimmer (or something like Iceberg if you're going to run him with Brave Lucina). He usually can't afford to wait for Aether to charge up, whereas the Lull Def effect ensures that Glimmer will do tons of damage on most foes and he'll just kill them with that one hit.
  • Atk Smoke or Ploy are both good C skills if you're unsure about those, I'm preferential to Smoke since it's more available, higher potency, and usually hits more units.
  • Distant Def is always great, Mirror Stance is also a good choice sometimes.

He can't heal himself up without Aether though. If he has to tank multiple enemies, he'll take a good bit of damage that he may only survive if he can heal up.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He can't heal himself up without Aether though. If he has to tank multiple enemies, he'll take a good bit of damage that he may only survive if he can heal up.

I hear that, but if he can kill them immediately, he's safer overall since they're not going to double him or get a WoM unit coming in. With his all around good defenses and high HP, he should already be able to withstand a group of enemies at once without needing much, if any, healing. Otherwise, it's a matter of giving him the right support from other units.

Just now, Johann said:

I hear that, but if he can kill them immediately, he's safer overall since they're not going to double him or get a WoM unit coming in. With his all around good defenses and high HP, he should already be able to withstand a group of enemies at once without needing much, if any, healing. Otherwise, it's a matter of giving him the right support from other units.

I see. I guess it might be possible for him to survive a lot anyway with the right support.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I see. I guess it might be possible for him to survive a lot anyway with the right support.

Yeah, basically. It's not like with Brave Ike or your Frederick build where you're abusing the enemy's high Spd to get high charge specials, but rather just cutting through their defenses in one go. It also means you can shift his support to focus less on offense and more on defense.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, basically. It's not like with Brave Ike or your Frederick build where you're abusing the enemy's high Spd to get high charge specials, but rather just cutting through their defenses in one go. It also means you can shift his support to focus less on offense and more on defense.

But without enough offense, he can't kill them in one hit like you were saying before.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But without enough offense, he can't kill them in one hit like you were saying before.

That's why you use Glimmer. Every extra bit of Atk, or reduced Def from an enemy, is getting an extra 50% boost from Glimmer. +6 from Atk Tactics is effectively +9. To make that up with Aether equipped means perhaps swapping a Drive Def or Res for Drive Atk. When most of your enemies are getting extra HP and already have low defenses, you want Glimmer's damage boost over Aether (or even Moonbow's) Def cut.

Aether's healing is usually too little too late for Hawkeye in AR. He can't afford to let units double him, especially when many have powerful specials. Aether works for a unit like Ike (Brave and Legendary) because he can consistently get a full charge every fight.

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's why you use Glimmer. Every extra bit of Atk, or reduced Def from an enemy, is getting an extra 50% boost from Glimmer. +6 from Atk Tactics is effectively +9. To make that up with Aether equipped means perhaps swapping a Drive Def or Res for Drive Atk. When most of your enemies are getting extra HP and already have low defenses, you want Glimmer's damage boost over Aether (or even Moonbow's) Def cut.

Aether's healing is usually too little too late for Hawkeye in AR. He can't afford to let units double him, especially when many have powerful specials. Aether works for a unit like Ike (Brave and Legendary) because he can consistently get a full charge every fight.

I see. That does make some sense. Well, at least Glimmer isn't hard to get.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. That does make some sense. Well, at least Glimmer isn't hard to get.

I guess what might help is to test it out on a few maps on your Friend List or whatever.

For what it's worth, Aether is great on Hawkeye in Arena and stuff. He's one of my highest scorers so I use him constantly.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

I guess what might help is to test it out on a few maps on your Friend List or whatever.

For what it's worth, Aether is great on Hawkeye in Arena and stuff. He's one of my highest scorers so I use him constantly.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

And true, since Aether increases your score in arena.

@Johann Glimmer is a pretty good option for Hawkeye, since his Axe makes the it a 1 Cooldown Special, so it will trigger in every counterattack. If the player has an adjacent ally with Infantry Breath, or Brave Lucina within 2 spaces, then I recommend Bonfire or Iceberg.

My Hawkeye has Ruptured Sky, which also becomes a 1 CD special with his Axe equipped.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Johann Glimmer is a pretty good option for Hawkeye, since his Axe makes the it a 1 Cooldown Special, so it will trigger in every counterattack. If the player has an adjacent ally with Infantry Breath, or Brave Lucina within 2 spaces, then I recommend Bonfire or Iceberg.

My Hawkeye has Ruptured Sky, which also becomes a 1 CD special with his Axe equipped.

Yeah, that's basically the whole conversation Ana and I had in a nutshell. I'd go with Glimmer over Ruptured Sky for AR since always going to be more damage in Hawkeye's case.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Yeah, that's basically the whole conversation Ana and I had in a nutshell. I'd go with Glimmer over Ruptured Sky for AR since always going to be more damage in Hawkeye's case.

That's a good point.

Ruptured Sky is good against dragons and Beasts, but Glimmer will be better for the rest. I may try Glimmer next Astra Season, since he is one of my Astra units.

I also use Glimmer on Nowi in light Seasons (Marth supports her with Infantry Breath), and on OG Fjorm (she has Warding Breath to make it trigger faster).

11 hours ago, Johann said:

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a good point.

Ruptured Sky is good against dragons and Beasts, but Glimmer will be better for the rest. I may try Glimmer next Astra Season, since he is one of my Astra units.

I also use Glimmer on Nowi in light Seasons (Marth supports her with Infantry Breath), and on OG Fjorm (she has Warding Breath to make it trigger faster).

Ruptured Sky is much more expensive to get too. It's only found on Byleth.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ruptured Sky is much more expensive to get too. It's only found on Byleth.

I gave him Ruptured Sky when I foddered my Male Byleth. I didn't plan to give him Null C-Disrupt, so I foddered Byleth for DC and the special.

It's good for Arena as well. Score the same as Aether, Galeforce and Blue Flame. Although, without G Duel Infantry, I wouldn't bother to use him in Arena.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's good for Arena as well. Score the same as Aether, Galeforce and Blue Flame. Although, without G Duel Infantry, I wouldn't bother to use him in Arena.

G Duel Infantry isn't really necessary for Hawkeye (or any non-dancer melee infantry, for that matter). His stat total after 1 merge is in the 160-164 bracket, which is only 2 brackets lower than G Duel Infantry's 170. That's only a difference of an average of 1 point per match, so it might not even make a difference due to rounding.

I'd only use G Duel Infantry on a ranged unit or a dancer unless that extra point barely gets you into the tier you want to be in.

@Anacybele

Edited by Ice Dragon

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

G Duel Infantry isn't really necessary for Hawkeye (or any non-dancer melee infantry, for that matter). His stat total after 1 merge is in the 160-164 bracket, which is only 2 brackets lower than G Duel Infantry's 170. That's only a difference of an average of 1 point per match, so it might not even make a difference due to rounding.

I'd only use G Duel Infantry on a ranged unit or a dancer unless that extra point barely gets you into the tier you want to be in.

@Anacybele

Well, I see, but I don't have access to G Duel Infantry atm anyway, I believe.

I wonder if they'll start applying demotes to the original cycle of seasonal reruns. Could be something like:

• Spring: Xander
  • Brides: Caeda
  • Summer A: Gaius
  • Summer B: Leo
  • Dancers: Inigo
  • Halloween: I was going to say Sakura, but she has three passives and one of them is a Valor skill, so possibly Jakob? He's a much better unit, though.
  • Winter: Chrom
  • New Year's: Takumi
  • Halloween: Lilina

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder if they'll start applying demotes to the original cycle of seasonal reruns. Could be something like:

• Halloween: I was going to say Sakura, but she has three passives and one of them is a Valor skill, so possibly Jakob? He's a much better unit, though.

Would be cool to have a 4* focus, which is the right definition, in these banners, but I don't expect it. The Valentine reruns didn't have it.

Also, it's Valentine Lilina, not Halloween.

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Would be cool to have a 4* focus, which is the right definition, in these banners, but I don't expect it. The Valentine reruns didn't have it.

Also, it's Valentine Lilina, not Halloween.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

The thing about the Valentine's reruns is that they're at the end of a seasonal year cycle, one that's now completed three rotations, while with the spring banners, we're now starting the fourth. So it could make sense to pick this as the point to start with adding a 4* focus to the oldest seasonal banner, and move from there.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

To be honest Halloween Sakura might be okay to drop, because even if she has a Valour skill, her weapon unfortunately isn't refineable and has low might and we don't really have sources of Warding Stance on its own. But then again, cute cat costume girl.

Either her or Halloween Henry more than Halloween Jakob since he is still a great unit and only 'just been powercrept' by V!Faye.