Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

To be honest Halloween Sakura might be okay to drop, because even if she has a Valour skill, her weapon unfortunately isn't refineable and has low might and we don't really have sources of Warding Stance on its own. But then again, cute cat costume girl.

Either her or Halloween Henry more than Halloween Jakob since he is still a great unit and only 'just been powercrept' by V!Faye.

Henry seems like a definite no to me, since he's got Armor March.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Henry seems like a definite no to me, since he's got Armor March.

They'll have to demote it one of these days (wishful thinking). Or have his B skill as 4*.

yeah that's why to me Sakura is a little more likely to me. That banner is a bit tricky

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

They'll have to demote it one of these days (wishful thinking). Or have his B skill as 4*.

yeah that's why to me Sakura is a little more likely to me. That banner is a bit tricky

I'd love 4* access to Armor March even if the unit itself needs to be promoted to 5* to pass it down properly, but. Yeah.

And yeah, that was my original thinking for Sakura, I'm just not sure. I think no matter what you do there, you'd get a unit that doesn't really fit with the other eight.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'd love 4* access to Armor March even if the unit itself needs to be promoted to 5* to pass it down properly, but. Yeah.

And yeah, that was my original thinking for Sakura, I'm just not sure. I think no matter what you do there, you'd get a unit that doesn't really fit with the other eight.

I would say Sakura, because even though she has a Valor Skill and a dagger effective against mages, she is just a Kaze with a little more Atk but less in every other stat (expect Res, which is the same).

Henry and Jakob are at least unique classes.

I'd actually really like if some of the other units in the original spring banner became Ephemera fodder. Playing through HoF with Finn and getting Carrot Lance+ (Passed on It's Curtains+ the one time I got it, regretted that for the rest of the run.) made me realize just how fun it is. I'd love to be able to put that on someone. 

The idea of a build with a healing weapon would be so fun.

Something like a healing weapon with Mystic Boost, Sol/Aether and either a sustain seal or renewal just to be a douche.

37 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'd actually really like if some of the other units in the original spring banner became Ephemera fodder. Playing through HoF with Finn and getting Carrot Lance+ (Passed on It's Curtains+ the one time I got it, regretted that for the rest of the run.) made me realize just how fun it is. I'd love to be able to put that on someone. 

The idea of a build with a healing weapon would be so fun.

Something like a healing weapon with Mystic Boost, Sol/Aether and either a sustain seal or renewal just to be a douche.

Fury would go well with the Carrot Lance/Mystic Boost

i hear about an Infinite Miracle Lewyn build with Green Egg as well

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Fury would go well with the Carrot Lance/Mystic Boost

i hear about an Infinite Miracle Lewyn build with Green Egg as well

I've been hearing things about that too. I wonder what it is and why it's specifically Lewyn that runs the build.

I'm kinda just waiting for them to throw us a cockroach type of unit with a Prf Miracle with 4 cooldown and some sort of way to proc it virtually every round of combat and a built in Mystic Boost so the only way to kill them is to double them in a round of combat but then they're extra fast or extremely bulky.

This type of thing would be pretty perfect for Shirou or Berserker if we got a F/GO Crossover. But I'll shut up about that.

The game seems to have known that I really wanted that Sturdy Stance 3 for Freddy! Because I got it in less than 10 orbs. 😄

It's amazing how every now and then he can still get a little more powerful, and after how long he's been a staple in my barracks!

Here's the earliest image I can find of him, which I had to do some digging for, and what he is now.

GvZMDY6.jpglO9vlva.jpg

Three different phones, a crapload of updates and skill changes, several challenging maps, he's been through it all with me, basically since the game launched. This is the very same Frederick that is the base today. And at one point I wanted to change that base! I'm so glad I didn't. Still sticking with that same Frederick I pulled back then, and as my very first green no less, has added to the love I already had for him! 🥰 And one of the nicest things of all: he was the reason I have one LHB/MHB abyssal clear that I needed no help for (that map being Hector's).

He's eaten a total of four 5 star units now and I have no regrets about it. I also now have two skill sets built for him. Here's to many more days of making foes pick a god and pray!

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm kinda just waiting for them to throw us a cockroach type of unit with a Prf Miracle with 4 cooldown and some sort of way to proc it virtually every round of combat and a built in Mystic Boost so the only way to kill them is to double them in a round of combat but then they're extra fast or extremely bulky.

So... Ares?

Ares / Eldigan
Dark Mystletainn
[Assist]
Miracle
Brazen Atk/Spd 4
Mystic Boost 3
[Passive C]
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

All those 6k feathers and 40 flowers... missed. RIP resources.

I was listening to Resplendent Sophia's quotes, and I never noticed how Sophia and Veronica sounds the same (maybe because I never used Sophia).

I mean... I know that they have the save voice actress, but this is Greg Chun's level of similar voice acting. No difference at all.

Am I the only one that can hear differences in Greg Chun's voicing? At least for Lukas and Ephraim? And I also hear a slight difference between Ike and Lukas and Ike and Ephraim too. A slight difference in depth. And Lukas and Eldigan are far deeper than Ephraim. Lukas and Eldigan though, do sound pretty much the same to me.

I don't think Greg Chun has much range compared to, say, Kyle Hebert who to me is a master of range (I would have NEVER guessed that Validar and Frederick shared the same English VA), but he does have SOME degree of it.

Also, it isn't always a bad thing for two characters to have identical or nearly identical voices. Sometimes the same voice just totally fits two characters! And sometimes in real life, two different people can have similar sounding voices.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hey, we've finally got another Mjolnir's Strike coming. Seemed like a weirdly long time between them. 

Not really.

All the divine codes that could be given in 1 or 2 Mjolnir's strikes were giving during that Divine Codes Log-in bonus. IntSys would not be kind to give us that log-in bonus and also have Mjolnir's strike.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Maaka henwo

pMDlHdP.jpg

I managed to bait Cherche with Brave Celica, and it went alright. Unfortunately I had no room on my friends list to send a friend request.

Haha nice! Glad my team didn't kill your streak. If you find any room on your friends list, feel free to send me a request whenever!

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So... Ares?

Ares / Eldigan
Dark Mystletainn
[Assist]
Miracle
Brazen Atk/Spd 4
Mystic Boost 3
[Passive C]
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

It loses a lot of potency without DC I think. The Brazen would prevent doubles from nearly every source but I don't think that would offset the lack of being able to counter at range and ultimately that would hurt him. Maybe something like Rouse SPD/DEF or ATK/SPD as a soft band-aid.

But... basically yeah... I really should consider building an Ares. I only have 2 extra Hectors now though since I gave my 3rd to OG Chrom. Maybe I'll try to grab one on the revivals coming up. Can never have enough DC.

23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Am I the only one that can hear differences in Greg Chun's voicing? At least for Lukas and Ephraim? And I also hear a slight difference between Ike and Lukas and Ike and Ephraim too. A slight difference in depth. And Lukas and Eldigan are far deeper than Ephraim. Lukas and Eldigan though, do sound pretty much the same to me.

I don't think Greg Chun has much range compared to, say, Kyle Hebert who to me is a master of range (I would have NEVER guessed that Validar and Frederick shared the same English VA), but he does have SOME degree of it.

Also, it isn't always a bad thing for two characters to have identical or nearly identical voices. Sometimes the same voice just totally fits two characters! And sometimes in real life, two different people can have similar sounding voices.

you must be. because even Greg Chun said he's upset that his early FEH work all his characters sound the same. 

Allegra Clark, Ophelia's Voice Actor, Eirika Lindbeck and a lot of others have the capability of having their characters sound different. so does DC.... 
Itsuki's voice actor, Joe (Claude's VA),Sinterklass, and a few others have a caedence where it makes you wanna stop and go. "hmm is it them?" and it makes you wanna go take a look (I've been stumped with a few of them because i swear it was and then a quick look on Behind the Voice Actor goes nope." 

Wendee Lee and Greg Chun's characters sound like Wendee Lee and Greg Chun (actually to a smaller extent Matt Mercer LOL) it's not a slight or anything. just. you always know when it's Wendee Lee, Greg Chun and Matt Mercer.

It took me way too long, but I finally finished an Abyssal map! I've been working on Ursula's for a while, but I finally got it since I actually pulled a dancer with buffing capabilites! Not too bad, since my team didn't have any +10s or 3rd gen + units. Only second gen.

Hopefully I'll get Navarre's next time.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

It took me way too long, but I finally finished an Abyssal map! I've been working on Ursula's for a while, but I finally got it since I actually pulled a dancer with buffing capabilites! Not too bad, since my team didn't have any +10s or 3rd gen + units. Only second gen.

Hopefully I'll get Navarre's next time.

Ursula's map can be tricky. I remember when I first was doing my Abyssal clears using only NY!Hríd, Naesala, Tibarn, and Reyson. Has it really only been a year since I did that? Wow, that went fast.

Just now, silverserpent said:

Ursula's map can be tricky. I remember when I first was doing my Abyssal clears using only NY!Hríd, Naesala, Tibarn, and Reyson. Has it really only been a year since I did that? Wow, that went fast.

...Geez, and I thought I was using powercreeped units.

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Geez, and I thought I was using powercreeped units.

Actually, I don't think Tibarn, Reyson, and Naesala have been too badly powercrept at all. NY!Hrid, sure, but I still use the birds for everything! The laguz have really held up over time.

@silverserpent - nice team choice! (Yes, I love the laguz. Maybe too much... I just throw them at everything.)

43 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

which units are you using?

M! Corrin, + 2, Summoner support, Halloween Kagero, +1, OG L'Arachel+3 and Flying Olivia, who I pulled earlier today and didn't do any fighting. First actual refresher unit with a prf weapon! (I also have Peony, but for some reason I always forget her existence.)

12 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Actually, I don't think Tibarn, Reyson, and Naesala have been too badly powercrept at all. NY!Hrid, sure, but I still use the birds for everything! The laguz have really held up over time.

Yeah, you're right. The bird Laguz have been good perpetually...The old Beast Laguz...Not so much. Cainheghis is still pretty good, though.