Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still want to predict Ephraim, but the rare/common unit cycle makes me unsure and I don't know if they'd break a cycle this soon. So I don't really have much of an idea. I'd love for it to be Frederick though, if we are getting a common unit! I think he'd work well in a Muspell, Askr, or Nifl outfit.

No, the rare/common cycle calls for rare, since Eliwood is common. So Ephraim fits fine. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, the rare/common cycle calls for rare, since Eliwood is common. So Ephraim fits fine. 

I somehow forgot that Eliwood is a 3-4 star unit. lol You're right. Ephraim is my prediction then!

50 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, if the pattern holds, after Eliwood we're getting a 5☆ exclusive unit in a Muspell outfit. Part of me wants it to be Leo, since he's one of the only launch characters I don't have (along with Ryoma and Linde), but I feel like they won't repeat a game twice in a row.

why not? The amount of Gen1 heroes wasnt equally distributed among the games, so its only plausible that some games repeat.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Minerva, with a Múspell attire similar to Laegjarn's... This would be cool.

Ooh, I could get on board with that. 

Eldigan or Alm could also seem fitting. 

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Azura is the first unit I went back to the original outfit for. Kakage's art is just...ehhh

Yeah, I also did that as well. The new art just looked unsettling to me (mostly due to that uncharacteristic grin).

Maybe this was why they insisted on only having kaya8 draw Azura up until now.

The Nifl style looks fine on her, I just don't like how sharp her face looks. Kaya makes her look really soft. I wish they didn't change the artist for this one.

I think the Reinhardt memes ruined it for me, RIP

I was actually really worried about who the next Resplendent Hero would be, because I caved in and bought a month of the pass for Sophia and don't care much about Azura, but this is a wonderful outcome.  He'll overlap a bit with my Brave Roy but I'm glad to see Eliwood's most common version will finally have good art.
I was also really disappointed about getting normal Eliwood from the 5* Lead summon but this salvages that outcome too.

Edited by Sayyyaka

I like that Eliwood's Resplendent attire fixes his art.  But somehow, that off-white looks really odd on him.  Perhaps it's the hair color?

I'm not all that sure if I'll use Eliwood's new art either, I never had a problem with his original art and the new one has lamer poses. Also never really liked Askr clothes so it's a double meh~

Nice to see Eliwood is next. I was hoping he would come sooner rather than later. I'm kind of relieved the fan-made rule of one character per game getting a resplendent art before getting a second or third is broken since I am kind of hoping characters like Lonqu, Cherche and A!Tiki get new artwork/outfits for them.

Not sure who to expect next. If we go by the trend set so far Muspell is next so...maybe Celica? She would look nice in Muspell getup and would contrast her normal outfit. If it is Embla then I hope to see Linde.

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Azura is the first unit I went back to the original outfit for. Kakage's art is just...ehhh

Azura was one of the first units I splurged orbs on back in the day. I agree her resplendent art is meh. I have not built Eliwood yet, but he might be my next feather project.

31 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Eliwood is going to become even more beast of a unit. I'd rather they give units that are underwhelming the fix first. But the art fix was needed. 

to be honest you cant fix underwhelming units (note underwhelming not decent) with the stat boost. Regular Leo will still be underwhelming even with the stat boost, not because of his stat distribution (although his attack could use some boosting up), but because his personal weapon and refine dont even make the best out of his min-max stat distribution.
If Brynhildr was: At start of combat if units SPD & ATK < foes SPD & ATK: inflicts -6Atk & RES on foe during combat and unit makes a guaranteed follow up attack while enemy can not make a follow up attack.
Leo would be decent even without the stat boost

Gen 1 units can only be good if they have: A and excellent offensiv stat spread or B a decent-godly refined weapon. Just look at Brave Ike. He was literally trash and niche before his refine.

Edited by Hilda

This newest version update added a feature where you can now see your score in the Edit Defense Team menu for Mjölnir's Strike, but it doesn't seem to be working right. When you enter the screen it will display the current score of your team, then if you change the skills of your units so that your score becomes lower or higher it will keep showing the score you had before the change. If you go back to the main MS menu screen the score will be updated to what it actually is, meaning that this newly added feature is essentially useless since you still need to go back one screen to see your score as before. I was super confused for a second as to how I was only able to score 816 no matter what skills I equipped, until I went back one screen and saw what my actual score was. I'll be sending some feedback, would maybe be good if others did the same.

As for Eliwood, he looks pretty good. Getting one at 5-star will probably make me build him finally. I feel a bit sad for Brave Roy who is kind of outclassed completely now, but good for Eliwood fans. He's really one of the most incredible zero to hero stories of this game, all because of his son being popular enough to win CYL 1 and get a really crazy version of his dad's sword haha

49 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

This newest version update added a feature where you can now see your score in the Edit Defense Team menu for Mjölnir's Strike, but it doesn't seem to be working right. When you enter the screen it will display the current score of your team, then if you change the skills of your units so that your score becomes lower or higher it will keep showing the score you had before the change. If you go back to the main MS menu screen the score will be updated to what it actually is, meaning that this newly added feature is essentially useless since you still need to go back one screen to see your score as before. I was super confused for a second as to how I was only able to score 816 no matter what skills I equipped, until I went back one screen and saw what my actual score was. I'll be sending some feedback, would maybe be good if others did the same.

Yeah.

I sent feedback about it as well.

With his resplendent buffs, Eliwood and Roy are virtually interchangable.

(R)Eliwood: 41 / 33 / 32 / 25 / 34

BH!Roy:       38 / 32 / 34 / 26 / 24

Actually, Eliwood is a bit better. He swaps out 2 points of SPD and a point of DEF for 3 HP, 1 ATK and a massive 10 RES. He's far better than his son at dueling dragons and the effect from Blazing Durandal basically equalizes the speed difference. Yeah, he's literally better.

Eliwood was already a consideration for a +10 candidate.... kinda wish I would crack and get the pass. Yet I'm not going to.

Edited by Zeo

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

and the effect from Blazing Durandal basically equalizes the speed difference.

Roy still has 2 Spd over Eliwood regardless. Blazing Durandal prevents the opponent's follow-up, but doesn't give the user a follow-up, just 7 Spd. And 7 Spd only barely puts both of them into the current Spd creep range.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Roy still has 2 Spd over Eliwood regardless. Blazing Durandal prevents the opponent's follow-up, but doesn't give the user a follow-up, just 7 Spd. And 7 Spd only barely puts both of them into the current Spd creep range.

I wasn't saying that it didn't exist, but It's almost negligible. 2 points of speed can make a difference, but considering we're applying natures, merges, A skills and Seals the both of them will easily pass into the 50s. At that point the difference between 51 SPD and 53 is, outside of a few key scenarios, insignificant. I'm certain Eliwood's  +10 RES will prove beneficial a lot more than +2 SPD will be a detriment. 

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I wasn't saying that it didn't exist, but It's almost negligible. 2 points of speed can make a difference, but considering we're applying natures, merges, A skills and Seals the both of them will easily pass into the 50s. At that point the difference between 51 SPD and 53 is, outside of a few key scenarios, insignificant. I'm certain Eliwood's  +10 RES will prove beneficial a lot more than +2 SPD will be a detriment. 

If you're running Desperation as your B skill, the extra 10 Res is really only going to matter for avoiding a one-hit kill on your first round of combat as long as you can double. Since refined Blazing Durandal comes with Guard on player phase, you should generally be pretty safe against one-hit kills outside of Infantry Pulse teams with melee units. Because of that, I think the 2 Spd makes a bigger difference than the 10 Res does, especially now that green units have joined the speed train.