Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The trigger was back in October when I needed to do repairs on my car (broken diagnostics sensors), which ended up costing me a bit over $1,000 and dug pretty sharply into my gacha fund, requiring me to reduce spending for a while. Additionally, the meta has been pretty stagnant since then and there really hasn't been anything that has been added to the game that has been a must-have to merge (besides Altina, but I got lucky and pulled 9 copies of her on a fraction of my usual budget on her release banner), so I haven't really felt the need to spend the same amount of money on the game as before.

There's also the fact that I'm splitting my (now smaller) gacha fund four ways now due to the release of Monster Hunter Riders and the fact that I'm buying console games again (and that's now coming from my gacha fund instead of my anime merch fund).

What is your job and how can I apply for it? If you have a gacha and anime merch fund and either of those even combined exceeds $1000 I want to jump on the bandwagon ASAP...

In a way FEH is quite demanding when it comes to microtransactions. 1000+ orbs on average is what's necessary to +10 a unit on a new or special heroes banner if I recall. Even if you subtract the 350 or so orbs we get for the month that's still 750, if you haven't saved that's $375 per +10 every 2 weeks.  That's a lot to spend on a mobile game. And that's if you only want to +10 one unit and they aren't sharing a focus.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I still think it should be Ephraim. If the other pattern holds, the character will be wearing a Muspell outfit and Ephraim is already a Fire legendary, so he fits that 100%. He's one of my favs anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Not too convinced by the art personally. I mean it's technically fine, but I don't really feel it looks like him. I guess the fact I have no real problem with the OG art means it's just a sidegrade, just like Lyn. And just like my Lyn, my Hector is unmerged and unused, so this is not at all a carrot to draw me to FEH Pass. Come to think of it, there hasn't been a string of three Resplendent Heroes where I'd want all three yet.

I think Hector looks really cool. The combination of blue, black, gold and orange in his armor is something you very rarely see. Its hard to combine so many different colors without making them clash and they pulled it off nicely. 

But I'm more bothered by the fact that its Hector. I love Hector but he has no need for a Resplended art. He already has plenty of alts and so his artwork doesn't need updating. The costume should have gone to Elibe units like Raigh or Lloyd who have a downright terrible artwork and this need the update. 

Hector immediately following Eliwood? Why? This is so boring and grossly biased. Four Elibe characters already out of just seven and not a single character for many other FE games yet. Ephraim would've been SO much better a choice for many reasons. This makes me mad.

Too bad I can't cancel my subscription. I really want to now. But I haven't seen an option for that. I tried to find it before. But I guess I can fodder this Hector for DC.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, you gotta keep the Hector joke running post-Armads

The Special and Wounded art both look great, and now that we're giving something that pops out, the regular Hector art now seems a tad bland in comparison.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hector immediately following Eliwood? Why? This is so boring and grossly biased. Four Elibe characters already out of just seven and not a single character for many other FE games yet. Ephraim would've been SO much better a choice for many reasons. This makes me mad.

Too bad I can't cancel my subscription. I really want to now. But I haven't seen an option for that. I tried to find it before. But I guess I can fodder this Hector for DC.

I'm not sure where to find it, but there's definitely a way to make it stop renewing. If you mean canceling it for a period you already paid for though, there's nothing to gain from that. 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure where to find it, but there's definitely a way to make it stop renewing. If you mean canceling it for a period you already paid for though, there's nothing to gain from that. 

I figured it out, never mind. And don't worry, it expires in a couple days now.

I got the subscription for resplendent heroes, but I won't bother with it if it that feature is only for Elibe now.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can cancel your subscription. It is done through the subscriptions tab of the app store/google play store, not directly through the Heroes client.

Anyway, look at it this way. They've gotten the Blazing Sword trio out of the way. That means that whoever it is that you want is more likely to come up later.

And Ephraim is also super likely because his popularity is near that of Hector and greater than that of Eliwood. 

Just now, Etheus said:

You can cancel your subscription. It is done through the subscriptions tab of the app store/google play store, not directly through the Heroes client.

I know, I just said I figured it out.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Anyway, look at it this way. They've gotten the Blazing Sword trio out of the way. That means that whoever it is that you want is more likely to come up later.

And Ephraim is also super likely because his popularity is near that of Hector and greater than that of Eliwood. 

Not anytime soon now. I don't see Ephraim wearing anything but Muspell and now that can't happen for a long time because of the pattern. Nifl -> Askr -> Muspell -> Embla. Embla is next in the cycle now.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, I just said I figured it out.

Not anytime soon now. I don't see Ephraim wearing anything but Muspell and now that can't happen for a long time because of the pattern. Nifl -> Askr -> Muspell -> Embla. Embla is next in the cycle now.

He could very likely be a Nifl character, honestly. It would actually match his color scheme better, while Eirika would more closely match Muspell's color scheme. Either way, I think the twins will have contrast (either Askr/Embla or Nifl/Muspell) rather than matching sets.

Also, I was typing my message at the same time, so I just didn't bother correcting it. That information is useful for other posters considering cancelation, so I think it's fair enough.

Just now, Etheus said:

He could very likely be a Nifl character, honestly. It would actually match his color scheme better, while Eirika would more closely match Muspell's color scheme. Either way, I think the twins will have contrast (either Askr/Embla or Nifl/Muspell) rather than matching sets.

And I don't think that makes any sense when Ephraim has already been assigned Fire as his element while Eirika got Water. Water is close to ice. So realistically, Ephraim should get a Muspell outfit while Eirika gets Nifl.

Just now, Anacybele said:

And I don't think that makes any sense when Ephraim has already been assigned Fire as his element while Eirika got Water. Water is close to ice. So realistically, Ephraim should get a Muspell outfit while Eirika gets Nifl.

*Shrugs* Hector has now been associated with both fire and thunder (through his weapons). Meanwhile, Eliwood was selected for an Askr alt, rather than a Muspell alt, despite having a far stronger association with fire.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

*Shrugs* Hector has now been associated with both fire and thunder (through his weapons). Meanwhile, Eliwood was selected for an Askr alt, rather than a Muspell alt, despite having a far stronger association with fire.

Legendary Eliwood is also a Wind legendary, which I think fits with Askr, as it seems to be a kingdom floating in the sky according to some castle quotes. Wind is close to the sky. Lightning is a form of heat/fire, so Muspell makes sense for Hector and there's no thunder/lightning-themed kingdom garb available right now.

And still, it just makes zero sense to give a Fire legendary hero an ice/water outfit no matter how you slice it.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Legendary Eliwood is also a Wind legendary, which I think fits with Askr, as it seems to be a kingdom floating in the sky according to some castle quotes. Wind is close to the sky.

Okay, but then that brings up Lyn, who is primarily associated with wind, but was weirdly selected for a Nifl alt rather than an Askr alt.

Point being, elemental affinity seems to be a secondary concern. I'm pretty sure they have a visual concept, and then fit it to a theme, rather than vice versa.

Just now, Etheus said:

Okay, but then that brings up Lyn, who is primarily associated with wind, but was weirdly selected for a Nifl alt rather than an Askr alt.

And wind can be kinda associated with ice/cold too. Wind is chilly.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Point being, elemental affinity seems to be a secondary concern. I'm pretty sure they have a visual concept, and then fit it to a theme, rather than vice versa.

And I disagree. Every choice of outfit has made sense to me in some way, whether it fits an element the character has been assigned or something else.

I am happy with Hector. Ephraim would be (and will be when his time arrives) useless for me, since he is no good fodder and he is not that great unit as well.

Yes, there are a lot of axe armor in the game, including Flame Emperor who I am +10ing, but at least Hector has Distant Counter.

@Anacybele I hope the two units you have extra Summoner Support are not units you use in AR. It would hurt their performance. I understand that you are frustrated, but Ephraim is coming someday.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope the two units you have extra Summoner Support are not units you use in AR. It would hurt their performance. I understand that you are frustrated, but Ephraim is coming someday.

I didn't use the extra summoner supports at all, actually. I wasn't sure who to use them on.

And it isn't that I just wanted Ephraim. I just expected him because of Muspell being the next in the pattern and him making the most sense for it. And he would add more variety. But IS doesn't care about variety, it seems.

Huh, honestly, I didn't expect Hector so soon after Eliwood. I like Hector, and DC is good to pass on if you're not planning on merging him. But, at the same time, I feel like there's other characters with a more immediate concern for a stat boost/new art. Well, at least the Blazing Blade trio is complete. That's pretty great.