Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't use the extra summoner supports at all, actually. I wasn't sure who to use them on.

And it isn't that I just wanted Ephraim. I just expected him because of Muspell being the next in the pattern and him making the most sense for it. And he would add more variety. But IS doesn't care about variety, it seems.

IS doesn't care about Sacred Stones, much to my chagrin.

As for the summoner supports, I recommend characters who rely on comparitive HP. Aversa and Virion are great candidates. Or tanks who need all stats. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

IS doesn't care about Sacred Stones, much to my chagrin.

Yeah, unfortunately, that does seem to be the case. Sacred Stones is so much better than FE7 to me though. The story is actually interesting, Ephraim is one of the coolest lords, and Lyon is a very good villain.

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

As for the summoner supports, I recommend characters who rely on comparitive HP. Aversa and Virion are great candidates. Or tanks who need all stats. 

I don't care about Virion enough. He's not a great unit anyway. And Aversa is a huge NO. She disgusts me.

Edited by Anacybele

Nice. Free DC fodder. Just what my vanilla Marth wanted. I gave him Shield Pulse yesterday. Hoping for an art upgrade in the near future. Mayo's Marth alts really are damn adorable and regal so I'm hoping for them to be the one to give him that

I like Hector, and I like this Hector the best of all of his appearances in FEH, but I don't know if I'll renew my pass for him.  I'll have to see who is after him.
If I choose not to renew it, I'll sure miss those extra grails though.  100 extra per month is no joke with how heavily scarce they are.

IntSys you were supposed to make me want to resubscribe, not drive me away even further.

I mean nothing against Hector. But unlike Cordelia and Sophia, both of whom I had been thinking would be good additions to my roster of trained units (and neither of whom I regretted) and Ike... kinda just happening in the middle... I don't use OG Hector and never have wanted to. If you ask me, these days he doesn't do anything interesting as a unit just because he's been powercrept so many times over now, and the one gimmick he does have is nullified completely by Null Follow-Up...

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

IntSys you were supposed to make me want to resubscribe, not drive me away even further.

I mean nothing against Hector. But unlike Cordelia and Sophia, both of whom I had been thinking would be good additions to my roster of trained units (and neither of whom I regretted) and Ike... kinda just happening in the middle... I don't use OG Hector and never have wanted to. If you ask me, these days he doesn't do anything interesting as a unit just because he's been powercrept so many times over now, and the one gimmick he does have is nullified completely by Null Follow-Up...

Null Follow-Up is not super common though outside of SK!Alm. Hector can also run a dual phase armor build without eating up Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot, so that is something important to consider when deciding on team compositions for multi-team modes.

1 minute ago, Karimlan said:

You act like you couldn't use more DC fodder, at the very least 😛

That too. Everyone can use more Distant Counter.

4 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

You act like you couldn't use more DC fodder, at the very least 😛

Xander as the next Hero would be nice, yeah.

Actually I don't.

I had one or two Nailah books before, and then I got another one cause why not. I still have a LegHector book to. I don't even use DC that often.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Null Follow-Up is not super common though outside of SK!Alm.

Are you sure about that? I see it maybe every other speedy Infantry unit.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Are you sure about that? I see it maybe every other speedy Infantry unit.

Hm... Maybe I do not notice it as often on infantry units since I kill most of them in one shot with Kronya in Aether Raids. For Arena Assault, the only B skills I notice are Null C-Disrupt since I use Firesweepers a lot.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

OG Hector was the right move. Alot of old/longtime players are sitting on a +10 OG Hector that is collecting dust. Most Ex whales or Dollphins stoped spending much money because their barracks is filled. Makeing the FEH pass relevant to them is a smart move. OG Hector has now 180 BST and on par with the other armors again when it comes to scoring.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm sensing some FE7 bias here. I expected all three of them to get Resplendent alts, but was it necessary for them to come so quick after the other?

Especially when they still gotta fix Rebecca from the same game, too? It's not good to burn through so much of one game so fast. Chrom could also use a Resplendent boost, his OG self just ... does not do it at all. Mist too, if she's eligible. Her eyes are terrifying. As are Athena's.

Hector is Goad Armor fodder because they still haven't added a new Goad Armor unit to the summoning pool. And he's never getting merged until we get new Goad Armor fodder in the pool.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm sensing some FE7 bias here. I expected all three of them to get Resplendent alts, but was it necessary for them to come so quick after the other?

Elibe is popular and they know it, seeing as it was the only pre-DS continent to have gotten representation at launch.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Especially when they still gotta fix Rebecca from the same game, too? It's not good to burn through so much of one game so fast. Chrom could also use a Resplendent boost, his OG self just ... does not do it at all. Mist too, if she's eligible. Her eyes are terrifying. As are Athena's.

It looks like they want to stick with having the first Resplendent Hero of each month being a 5-star exclusive and the second being in the 3- and 4-star pool, so Rebecca, Chrom, and Mist wouldn't have qualified this time around.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like they want to stick with having the first Resplendent Hero of each month being a 5-star exclusive and the second being in the 3- and 4-star pool, so Rebecca, Chrom, and Mist wouldn't have qualified this time around.

Mist is a 5-star exclusive, man

EDIT: There are also non-Hector 5-star candidates they could've picked as well. Leo, for one, could use any sort of stats buff he can get, even if it's just +2 to all stats.

Edited by Sunwoo

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elibe is popular and they know it, seeing as it was the only pre-DS continent to have gotten representation at launch.

Sure, but it's already gotten more than enough love this year between getting four out of the first seven Resplendents, the New Heroes banner in February, the Spring banner (minus Est) last month and Bramimond. As someone who has a bit of a distaste for those games (more so 6 than 7), this shit is starting to get on my nerves personally.

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If the next one is Embla, I hope for Xander to be the Resplendent Hero.

that wont be the case the next respendant hero will be a 3-4 Star Gen1 Unit if the pattern holds true unless GHBs count as 3-4 Star units in IS books (which could be logical)

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It kinda looks like they used the opportunity of having the voice actors recording Bramimond's lines to also record Eliwood's and Hector's Resplendent lines.

And yet, they still couldn’t be assed to add Kiragi in the Fates banner despite all the other work they’ve given Yuri Lowenthal lately.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

That was my complaint exactly, I totally agree.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: There are also non-Hector 5-star candidates they could've picked as well. Leo, for one, could use any sort of stats buff he can get, even if it's just +2 to all stats.

Yeah, I said this too, though my suggestion was Ephraim since he's a Fire legendary. He's practically asking for a Muspell outfit.

But I also agree that there are 5 star exclusive units more in need of stat buffs than Hector as well, like Leo as you said, and Mist. I expect Mist to get Nifl to contrast her big brother. Ike got Muspell.

Edited by Anacybele

I wouldn't say there's any FE7 bias really going on here, especially since it was all but ignored for over a year. I think it's just a simple "these three protagonists are popular, capitalize on it!" mixed with a little bit of "whales love Hector, capitalize on it!" So far, they're pulling out all their popular characters, with the only possibly questionably popular one being Sophia. Lyn, Cordelia, Ike, Azura, Eliwood, and Hector are all either CYL winners or consistent high-rankers.