Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

I feel like this is them running an experiment on using tickets to bait people into spending more orbs on old banners than they would otherwise. They've done tickets on revival banners before, and they should have data on how people spent orbs when that happened, so maybe they liked what they saw and want to try pushing it further.

I wish they could've let us use the tickets for whichever banner we wanted for Golden Week instead of locking us to picnic ;/

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why would people be more inclined to spend orbs on an old seasonal banner when there is a legendary banner with arguably the most popular FE character currently. 

Because they're offering a bunch of free sessions. I think people often spend orbs for additional pulls within free sessions on a banner where they wouldn't spend orbs to start a session, and IS should have plenty of data on how much that happens. Edelgard certainly competes for orbs, which could decrease the effect, or it could help push people to the point of running out of orbs and spending money for more, which is their goal. The only way for them to find out the exact effect is to try different things and see what happens.

I wonder if IS wanted to not have a hero fest banner this year because they knew people would have been saving up F2P orbs for quite some time and they rather have them spend themselves thin on either the picnic or Edelgard ones.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Because they're offering a bunch of free sessions. I think people often spend orbs for additional pulls within free sessions on a banner where they wouldn't spend orbs to start a session, and IS should have plenty of data on how much that happens. Edelgard certainly competes for orbs, which could decrease the effect, or it could help push people to the point of running out of orbs and spending money for more, which is their goal. The only way for them to find out the exact effect is to try different things and see what happens.

that might be true on new banners, but on old banners? nope. Havent spent one single orb on the picnic banner and i wont (also not on Edelgard). The units are lacking in fodder and are outdated. For new players its probably great but for veterans this pic nic banner golden week celebration is like "eh wtf weak!"

37 minutes ago, Hilda said:

that might be true on new banners, but on old banners? nope. Havent spent one single orb on the picnic banner and i wont (also not on Edelgard). The units are lacking in fodder and are outdated. For new players its probably great but for veterans this pic nic banner golden week celebration is like "eh wtf weak!"

There... wasn't a yes/no question there.

It's a fact that some players will do it while others won't. The question is how many, and if that number will be enough for IS to consider it worthwhile, and the only way for them to know for sure is to try it.

You certainly can't jump to conclusions about what players will do based on what would be a good idea for them to do. The whole business premise of gacha is tricking players into going for bad deals.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

I remember my first Luke pitybreaker. He was even +HP/-ATK. The exact nature every other unfortunate soul that pulls him gets. I pulled a +SPD one later on and he does have a refine he can get now with easy dull close fodder ala' Cormag. Still it's hard to justify his value or even worth as a *5 exclusive today.

Hey, +Spd Luke club! Luke among others really shouldn't be 5* units anymore and being one really diminishes his value. A sword cavalry with 34 base neutral Atk and a prf Brave Sword is still pretty good and he's the only other sword cavalry with a prf Brave Sword with the other being Meisterhardt. But he's a 5* and one that is not the pool of new heroes banners and Atk/Def+6 when a foe does not have a field buff is not as reliable as Vantage 3 or the Brave effect that Cain and Stahl have not to mention Ares and Eliwood. If Luke was at least 4* summonable, then he would be an easier to get slow Brave filler unit and act as another source of Panic Ploy. That would be fine.

Except the developers chose not to do that and it feels like they will probably drop the 5* exclusive gen 2 and maybe even gen 3 out of the new heroes banner in the future which is going to be even worse when quite a lot of them are not only good, but they have good skills or even exclusive skills. For instance, Nailah and Tibarn are part of gen 2 at least with their BST and Nailah is the only unit with Null C-Disrupt. If it's extended to gen 3, then M!Byleth and Nailah being gone removes two of the three DC units that are currently always in the summoning pool with the other being Nagi. CYL Hector's Ostian Counter is not a predecessor to Distant Counter which would have been nice since he could have provided DC at the cost of making Ostian Counter cost even more for him to get and Rinkah's Distant Foil doesn't cover all ranged units which is not as great compared to Close Foil not countering dragons for a ranged unit. Better than not having Close Counter at all in the regular summoning pool since Alfonse & Sharena, legendary Chrom, winter Tharja, and dancing Xander are all seasonal units. Hoping for a non-focus unit to show isn't a great idea, but a random CYL Celica, Nailah, Quan, Tibarn, etc. is still pretty neat.

My level 40 Lilina, with a Hone Attack 4 buff, dealt 20 damage to Perceval in chamber 20 in Hall of Forms. I'm now noticing that my team is so weak that I can't progress unless I get really, really lucky. 

1 hour ago, Thane said:

My level 40 Lilina, with a Hone Attack 4 buff, dealt 20 damage to Perceval in chamber 20 in Hall of Forms. I'm now noticing that my team is so weak that I can't progress unless I get really, really lucky. 

Sometimes even getting the 3 enemy maps isn’t enough if the units are someone like Fallen Corrin or Sirius 😞 

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Gronnblade with Attack Speed Link Reposition and Rally SPD/RES+ helped a ton for me!

I don't even know who Perceval is outside of FEH but I've ended up disliking him purely for how hard he is to kill. Not just in Hjall of Fjorms but in general.

But yeah, it feels like I have to give up all my movement assists and go with Rallies on everyone, especially since I've had pretty bad luck with getting relevant C-slot buff skills.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I don't even know who Perceval is outside of FEH but I've ended up disliking him purely for how hard he is to kill. Not just in Hjall of Fjorms but in general.

All I know is that he's from FE6. But yeah, he is kind of annoying to face in Heroes.

Have to say, I'm glad we have an inbox where the rewards don't expire. I forgot that I have orbs sitting in there. Out of sight, out of mind.

Do most gatcha games have an inbox like FEH or does it depend on the game?

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Have to say, I'm glad we have an inbox where the rewards don't expire. I forgot that I have orbs sitting in there. Out of sight, out of mind.

Do most gatcha games have an inbox like FEH or does it depend on the game?

Some rewards do expire though, so you still want to check it from time to time to make sure you claim the expiring ones.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Some rewards do expire though, so you still want to check it from time to time to make sure you claim the expiring ones.

Oh, I didn't know that. What kind of rewards expire?

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

Gronnblade with Attack Speed Link Reposition and Rally SPD/RES+ helped a ton for me!

Yeah, though my Lilina keeps getting Poison Strike and that first gen dancer weapon (among others that don't help). At least she's got Steady Stance 4 and a Close Defense seal...y-yay...

My best unit is Roy with his pref, Draw Back, Ruptured Sky, DD4, Lull Spd/Def, Rouse Spd/Res, and a Brazen Atk/Def seal, but he still did 0 damage to Perceval. Thea also has Ruptured Sky, and that Spd/Def Stance 3, Speed Tactics, and a QR seal, so she can tank a bit but she did like five damage to Perceval. 

I guess my best choice is to grind the first map until I either face nothing but Stahls in chamber 20 or Lilina gets Gronnblade.

27 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Summon tickets and battle flags always do, since they relate to limited-time events.

Since I got 2 Edelgard: Flame Emperor, I decided to Pair Up both to each other to do the armor quests. Before, armor quests are my least favorite out of the four monthly movement quests. With quad actions per turn, it is actually pretty fun to use FE!Edelgards and have them zoom around the map. I also got Gifts of Winter Eirika to provide long distance buffs and healing, and Lovely Gifts Faye to take out certain dangerous enemies and give FE!Edelgard that boost in movement on turn 1 since you have to deploy allies next to each other at the start of a map.

I still prefer infantry and flier quests more since I can use Dancers/Singers, but armor quests are not too bad anymore. I guess cavalry quests are my least favorite now, but they are not that bad.

8 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Off the top of my head, outside of Summoning Tickets and Battle Flags, the only ones I clearly remember being expirable are My Nintendo Rewards.

I am pretty sure there were others that were expirable as well, I just do not remember them since they do not appear often.

Edited by XRay

The Golden Week celebration was weird, I imagine some effect had the 30th Anniversary in all of this, but well, I'll take gladly the 20 orbs and use the 16 Free Summons.

Another day, another failure at advancing in Hall of Forms. Spent the three turns "grinding" and while I got Atk/Spd Push 4 for Lilina (dangerous with Madness Flask though), I got nothing of note for the rest. I don't think I'll be able to beat the next chamber 20 either, featuring Tsubasa, Cherche, Tibarn, and Chad. Lilina would've been able to one-round Cherche but Tibarn has Ward Fliers, so that won't work.

So this might be interesting to some folk, but in the update to the Dragalia Lost X FEH today, Thorr, the main baddie of the event, brings out the Forma to do battle. Full-on copies of Peony, Tiki, and Chrom to do battle against.

I kinda wonder now... whatever grand scheme she has waiting, wouldn't it be kinda interesting if we had to do battle against the Forma we've built? Like, obviously a person would try to cheese the battle by building bad units, but at the same time you give up a LOT of rewards in doing so because you then wouldn't be able to do the Hall of Forms.
Huh... I feel like I had a similar idea before, back when Odin was still useless...

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So this might be interesting to some folk, but in the update to the Dragalia Lost X FEH today, Thorr, the main baddie of the event, brings out the Forma to do battle. Full-on copies of Peony, Tiki, and Chrom to do battle against.

I kinda wonder now... whatever grand scheme she has waiting, wouldn't it be kinda interesting if we had to do battle against the Forma we've built? Like, obviously a person would try to cheese the battle by building bad units, but at the same time you give up a LOT of rewards in doing so because you then wouldn't be able to do the Hall of Forms.
Huh... I feel like I had a similar idea before, back when Odin was still useless...

we are allready doing that in Mjollnir strike. Thorr is pulling out all the GHB units we recruited as enemies!

Looks like the next trailer's gonna go up tomorrow and on my birthday! It better be something exciting for me or it's going to feel like my day is ruined. 😞

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like the next trailer's gonna go up tomorrow and on my birthday! It better be something exciting for me or it's going to feel like my day is ruined. 😞

...Your birthday is a day before mine?

Anyways I was expecting it to come on the 6th, but either way and long as it drops before the legendary banner expires I'm good so I can know If it's safe to go back in for mystic boost fodder, or of course Edelgard herself.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

...Your birthday is a day before mine?

Oh wow, so it is! Nice. XD This made for an interesting and funny thing between my Robin and Morgan in Awakening though, since Morgan's b-day is also May 5th and I always use my own birthday for my character in a game when I can choose it. lol

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Anyways I was expecting it to come on the 6th, but either way and long as it drops before the legendary banner expires I'm good so I can know If it's safe to go back in for mystic boost fodder, or of course Edelgard herself.

Yeah, I'd like it to drop before the legendary banner is done too. If I have to get a disappointing birthday trailer, then I can at least resume trying for the remaining Hrid merges I need.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The 4.5 update is releasing on the 6th at 6 pm (Central Time), so I'm pretty sure the trailer has to be tomorrow night at this point.