Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:
The right skill or unit to appear.

For example, last year I was saving for R Duel Infantry for Marth since early last year. So when Summer Helbindi appeared, I was ready for him.

Like... if you need DC, you can keep saving until a banner with DC appears, being a weekly banner, or a "Heroes with" banner.

There are people that only saves for Legendary/Mythic Banners. People that could go for Fallen Lyon right now, but prefer to save orbs and wait for his appearance in a legendary Banner, so can try for him and maybe more Celica or Edelgard merges, because Legendary Heroes and Mythic Heroes are so worthy to pull for.

Oh, that. Well, I do try to save for things like that. But sometimes other banners with units I really want come too. Like I want the new fallen Ike and to merge him up some due to being such a huge fangirl that I'm a sucker for any Ike. lol

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Meanwhile, YOU, that don't want to invest on high tier units, should get the same about of orbs, feathers and flowers than players that do high investments?

Except I do invest in some high tier units?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, that. Well, I do try to save for things like that. But sometimes other banners with units I really want come too. Like I want the new fallen Ike and to merge him up some due to being such a huge fangirl that I'm a sucker for any Ike. lol

Yes, but as we've explained before, that's only half the part. We've also put in tremendous amounts of effort in learning how to play the game and knowing how the game works. 

We have invested in proper running shoes and spent weeks training to run a marathon. You bought the shoes, but lazed on the couch. And yet you're expecting the same rewards as us, who have been practicing and spending effort.  That's just nonsensical and quite a disservice to our hard work by dismissing it and saying it isn't worthwhile, since we shouldn't be entitled to better rewards even though we've done more to accomplish more.

That's just selfish of you, to want the same while doing less..

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yes, but as we've explained before, that's only half the part. We've also put in tremendous amounts of effort in learning how to play the game and knowing how the game works. 

We have invested in proper running shoes and spent weeks training to run a marathon. You bought the shoes, but lazed on the couch. And yet you're expecting the same rewards as us, who have been practicing and spending effort.  That's just nonsensical and quite a disservice to our hard work by dismissing it and saying it isn't worthwhile, since we shouldn't be entitled to better rewards even though we've done more to accomplish more.

That's just selfish of you, to want the same while doing less..

Look, if I could put more time and effort into it, I would. But I can't do that because, well, I have a life that doesn't revolve around this game. I don't like being basically punished for something that's out of my control.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, I remember when you told me all this. I still have not been able to get a lot of those resources though. And also, I can reach tier 25 in Light season sometimes, so that's not a big issue. I have Brave Lucina, but she's for Astra season since I've needed more help there than in Light.

I guess just be patient while waiting for those resources to come.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have said I'd like a silver and gold throne in AR, but not getting them frustrates me far less than not getting enough resources that actually have use.

I am pretty sure Voting Gauntlets and other events are far more important than Aether Raids in terms of usable, high demand resources. Everyone needs more Orbs and Feathers. Sacred Coins are also in high demand, especially for new players who needs to spend extra Coins to create Seals.

Heroic Grails are not in high demand unless you are building a Grail unit, and if you just need to summon a few Grail units for fodder, then it does not cost that much Grails to do so.

Dragonflowers are important, but you only need it on a super tank, and for veterans, we should have more than enough to fully Flower one super tank of each movement type, or maybe even two of each movement type. I strongly discourage using Flowers on Player Phase units since it just is not necessary in most cases.

Compiling Combat Manuals that use Divine Codes: Part 1 will always be there, so there is no need to rush to get them, unlike Divine Codes: Ephemeras.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You need to invest more and invest well. For example, a single merge matters far less than having the right skill on a build. If you only focus on merging Ikes to +10 but you neglect their skills, they are going to suffer.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am pretty sure Voting Gauntlets and other events are far more important than Aether Raids in terms of usable, high demand resources. Everyone needs more Orbs and Feathers. Sacred Coins are also in high demand, especially for new players who needs to spend extra Coins to create Seals.

Heroic Grails are not in high demand unless you are building a Grail unit, and if you just need to summon a few Grail units for fodder, then it does not cost that much Grails to do so.

Dragonflowers are important, but you only need it on a super tank, and for veterans, we should have more than enough to fully Flower one super tank of each movement type, or maybe even two of each movement type. I strongly discourage using Flowers on Player Phase units since it just is not necessary in most cases.

Compiling Combat Manuals that use Divine Codes: Part 1 will always be there, so there is no need to rush to get them, unlike Divine Codes: Ephemeras.

I see. This is all true, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

You need to invest more and invest well. For example, a single merge matters far less than having the right skill on a build. If you only focus on merging Ikes to +10 but you neglect their skills, they are going to suffer.

Well yeah, this is why I grabbed DC and slapped Special Spiral on Brave Ike, for example. He procs Aether like crazy with this setup and it often allows him to take on a bunch of units at once and still have a pretty good chunk of HP left since he constantly heals and he has that crazy Urvan refine.

I'm also still waiting on good resources to feed OG Ike since his skill set is indeed lacking. RD Ike might need something new though, although I did give him Vantage a long time ago since that skill is good on DC units. GD Ike comes with a great set right away, he doesn't really need anything.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well yeah, this is why I grabbed DC and slapped Special Spiral on Brave Ike, for example. He procs Aether like crazy with this setup and it often allows him to take on a bunch of units at once and still have a pretty good chunk of HP left since he constantly heals and he has that crazy Urvan refine.

I'm also still waiting on good resources to feed OG Ike since his skill set is indeed lacking. RD Ike might need something new though, although I did give him Vantage a long time ago since that skill is good on DC units. GD Ike comes with a great set right away, he doesn't really need anything.

Good to see that there are some investments planned for Ike.

But... what are your others projects that do not involve Ike, Frederick or Elincia?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Look, if I could put more time and effort into it, I would. But I can't do that because, well, I have a life that doesn't revolve around this game. I don't like being basically punished for something that's out of my control.

All of us have lives. I have a full time office job that takes 9 hours of every weekday, and many times I need to connect or receive calls from my boss/co-workers outside of my usual work schedule. I live alone, so I have an apartment to take care of and food to buy/make for myself, do dishes, do laundry, pay the bills and everything related to that. All my family live outside of my town, so I check with them through phone calls on a daily basis. Then of course there's my sleep schedule. After all that, only then I can focus on my hobbies, one of which is playing video games, and of that hobby, one of them is FEH. Even on that scenario I can do all the daily challenges and get most of the rewards and resources I aim for.

And no, COVID has not made things easier for me. I'm on full Home Work, and I have little time to spend on games while working.

You DON'T need a life revolving around this game to be good at it. You can safely balance through your work, family and hobbies and be good at anything you put your mind to.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Good to see that there are some investments planned for Ike.

But... what are your others projects that do not involve Ike, Frederick or Elincia?

Hmm... I guess my best answer is a fourth member for a Galeforce team that already includes +10 Cordelia, Brave Roy, and Cherche. I'd like Elincia to be the fourth, but I dunno if she'd be right for it compared to someone else.

Otherwise, since my main priority projects other than getting a few more merges for Hrid and RD Ike when they are available, I'm not sure yet. I guess I could use an idea or two.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

All of us have lives. I have a full time office job that takes 9 hours of every weekday, and many times I need to connect or receive calls from my boss/co-workers outside of my usual work schedule. I live alone, so I have an apartment to take care of and food to buy/make for myself, do dishes, do laundry, pay the bills and everything related to that. All my family live outside of my town, so I check with them through phone calls on a daily basis. Then of course there's my sleep schedule. After all that, only then I can focus on my hobbies, one of which is playing video games, and of that hobby, one of them is FEH. Even on that scenario I can do all the daily challenges and get most of the rewards and resources I aim for.

And no, COVID has not made things easier for me. I'm on full Home Work, and I have little time to spend on games while working.

You DON'T need a life revolving around this game to be good at it. You can safely balance through your work, family and hobbies and be good at anything you put your mind to.

Wow, really? That's impressive. I guess it is possible to be good while having a busy life. Thing is, I still struggle in learning the AI and taking into account everything going on in a battle...

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. This is all true, I suppose.

As people have pointed out, Special Spiral is not all that decent on B!Ike for AR. 

And saying units like V!Ike don't need skills since their base kit is great out of the gate is a pitfall. Not all builds are great for every mode by default. Just like in Arena, base kits are not always the best, since Arena requires high cost SP skills. 

As people have pointed out, Special Spiral is not all that decent on B!Ike for AR. 

And saying units like V!Ike don't need skills since their base kit is great out of the gate is a pitfall. Not all builds are great for every mode by default. Just like in Arena, base kits are not always the best, since Arena requires high cost SP skills. 

Yes it is. I would know because that's what I've been using for the last several months and it works great.

Are you talking about Valentine Ike (whom I refer to as GD Ike because Greil's Devoted and I don't really think the Valentine units are all that Valetine's Dayish) or Vanguard Ike (whom I call RD Ike or legendary Ike)? If you mean GD/Valentine Ike, well, he's also an armor and I +10'd him, so he scores high anyway. Legendary Ike, well, I did say I could probably get him some more options.

Edited by Anacybele

My two cents on AR: It should be challenging.  There are very few things in this game that really reward the top players. Giving them a little extra resources for finishing top is worth it. Everyone else can still get a decent amount of resources from the mode without being top scoring, but the top players need challenges.

I was breezing through most everything the game had to offer before AR. Now, there is something that actually challenges me. What is the point of Ike/Soren/Oscar or Tibarn/Reyson/Caineghis breezing through everything easily? They can still tackle 95% of the game's content with just a little bit of strategy. There should be something in the game for me to strive for. And that, for the most part, is AR.

So yes- keep the thrones just for the top players. Give them a little extra resources. I only have a few thrones, and that's fine. 

Abyssal challenges are the only other truly endgame content I'm aware of, and they are solely for bragging rights. Compare that to other games, including some other gachas, which have hours and hours of content that people who have truly invested in the game can work to complete, and yes, those games give out resources for winning in that content.

In fact, if I had to pick just one thing that would help FEH, it would be to add more end game content for everyone to strive for. And it would be something that can't just be beat by throwing +10 units at everything, but involve strategy as well. It doesn't have to give massive rewards, but the game desperately needs more challenges.

Why so much frustration over AR, seriously? I, personally, have accepted that my current +0 AR team of whatever-the-fuck-scores-the-highest will never reach tier 27 (or get me out of tier 20, really) and that I'll never get one of the thrones and I've embraced reality. I don't care about AR, like how I've stopped caring about never being able to reach the highest tier of arena because all of these are the game's way of trying to trick you to buy more, because you need more because you need all these rewards.

If I suck at a certain game mode or can't score highly enough, I stop giving a shit. People who are dedicated enough to merge all their shit to +10, get all the good skills on their characters, and play well deserve to get higher rewards than I do.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Are you talking about Valentine Ike (whom I refer to as GD Ike because Greil's Devoted and I don't really think the Valentine units are all that Valetine's Dayish) or Vanguard Ike (whom I call RD Ike or legendary Ike)? If you mean GD/Valentine Ike, well, he's also an armor and I +10'd him, so he scores high anyway. Legendary Ike, well, I did say I could probably get him some more options.

For Legendary Ike, only his weapon and special are worthy keeping... The rest, including Warding Stance Breath, needs to be removed for him to score well.

"GD Ike" is still a good unit to use, although he requires Rally+ (or Harsh Command+) and a Tier 4 C skill... not to mention that these days there is a TT unit that scores the same as him, have better mobility and a very good Prf weapon (Itsuki), or even a GHB unit that scores better than him (Flame Emperor).

GD Ike is still worthy using. Legendary ike? Honestly, in my opinion... not really. He doesn't reach 170 BST and others earth legendary heroes like Julia and Alm (or the next Earth hero that will have a 180 BST Pair Up effect) are better options.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes it is. I would know because that's what I've been using for the last several months and it works great.

Yes, and I have been using a +4, +5 flowers B!Ike with Null follow up and swift stance seal, with Atk smoke on the C slot and i can get Rank 27. My Eirs are +0 and + 2, Peony is +0. 

My B!Ike is lower merged, and yet he can tank more, since he's only getting hit once per turn, because his speed allows him to outspeed/match most and he negates auto follow ups.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Why so much frustration over AR, seriously? I, personally, have accepted that my current +0 AR team of whatever-the-fuck-scores-the-highest will never reach tier 27 (or get me out of tier 20, really) and that I'll never get one of the thrones and I've embraced reality. I don't care about AR, like how I've stopped caring about never being able to reach the highest tier of arena because all of these are the game's way of trying to trick you to buy more, because you need more because you need all these rewards.

Yeah, and then you have me who is content to stay in Tier 18 for all eternity and only goes in to play AR on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

I would just say "fuck AR" entirely, but I still want some sort of Grail income.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If I suck at a certain game mode or can't score highly enough, I stop giving a shit. People who are dedicated enough to merge all their shit to +10, get all the good skills on their characters, and play well deserve to get higher rewards than I do.

Well, I would just like one silver throne and one gold one and that's it. I won't care so much after that, if it ever happens.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For Legendary Ike, only his weapon and special are worthy keeping... The rest, including Warding Stance, needs to be removed for him to score well.

"GD Ike" is still a good unit to use, although he requires Rally+ (or Harsh Command+) and a Tier 4 C skill... not to mention that these days there is a TT unit that scores the same as him, have better mobility and a very good Prf weapon (Itsuki), or even a GHB unit that scores better than him (Flame Emperor).

GD Ike is still worthy using. Legendary ike? Honestly, in my opinion... not really. He doesn't reach 170 BST and others earth legendary heroes like Julia and Alm (or the next Earth hero that will have a 180 BST Pair Up effect) are better options.

You mean Warding Breath. It's different from a stance skill. I don't really use legendary Ike for arena anymore, I use GD Ike because as an armor, he scores more. I use legendary Ike in stuff like BHBs and LHBs.

9 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yes, and I have been using a +4, +5 flowers B!Ike with Null follow up and swift stance seal, with Atk smoke on the C slot and i can get Rank 27. My Eirs are +0 and + 2, Peony is +0. 

My B!Ike is lower merged, and yet he can tank more, since he's only getting hit once per turn, because his speed allows him to outspeed/match most and he negates auto follow ups.

If you're making Brave Ike only get hit once all the time, though, that makes his amazing refine pointless. He needs to be hit twice consecutively for it to kick in and he takes little damage a lot when it does. He can take a bigger hit if it doesn't.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You mean Warding Breath. It's different from a stance skill. I don't really use legendary Ike for arena anymore, I use GD Ike because as an armor, he scores more. I use legendary Ike in stuff like BHBs and LHBs.

Yeah. Breath... my mistake. This shows how much I care for Ike...

If you're making Brave Ike only get hit once all the time, though, that makes his amazing refine pointless. He needs to be hit twice consecutively for it to kick in and he takes little damage a lot when it does. He can take a bigger hit if it doesn't.

Pointless or not, his strategy takes him to Tier 27.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ok, so what is better? Letting B!Ike be damaged twice, or B!ike be damaged once? Statistically, which one will do less damage? 

Answer: Getting damaged ONCE, is always recieving less damage than getting damaged TWICE.  Also, being Spd stacked and Null follow up means my B!ike will rather reliably double units, whereas B!ike's that rely on Quick riposte will not, since most defense maps have skills like sturdy impact, bramimond, thrasir, tibarn and other follow up negation skills. So your B!ike will often only attack once, mine doubles, while being only attack once and thus being able to tank better.

Edited by Vicious Sal

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Pointless or not, his strategy takes him to Tier 27.

Well, since refining a prf costs 200 dew which is a rare resource, I'd like the refine I get to be worth it and something I'll consistently use.

Answer: Getting damaged ONCE, is always recieving less damage than getting damaged TWICE.  Also, being Spd stacked and Null follow up means my B!ike will rather reliably double units, whereas B!ike's that rely on Quick riposte will not, since most defense maps have skills like sturdy impact, bramimond, thrasir, tibarn and other follow up negation skills. So your B!ike will often only attack once, mine doubles, while being only attack once and thus being able to tank better.

That's a good strat.

I gave Young Marth Null Follow-Up because of these foes that can inflict no follow-up, foes with QR effects or even Bramimond that can double almost everything.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, since refining a prf costs 200 dew which is a rare resource, I'd like the refine I get to be worth it and something I'll consistently use.

My B!Ike still has the refine for when I come across a map that is made by a whale that knows what he's doing. A +10 Hardy Bearing Lysithea or so is still going to hurt, and if she doubles by some magic means, it might still sae him. It's a decent backup.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a good strat.

I gave Young Marth Null Follow-Up because of these foes that can inflict no follow-up, foes with QR effects or even Bramimond that can double almost everything.

Yup, it is a lot better than the most common Null C, Special Spiral, Wrath(good budget skill though), Dull ranged or Lull skill. Lull is better on Def maps though.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The reduced damage on the second hit is part of Urvan's regular effect. The refinement reduces the damage on the FIRST hit, and forces the enemy to attack twice before Ike can counter assuming the enemy can double. B!Ike makes good use of Urvan's refinement even with Null Follow-Up.

The refine decreases the damage from the first hit by 40%, that's very significant.

14 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

My B!Ike still has the refine for when I come across a map that is made by a whale that knows what he's doing. A +10 Hardy Bearing Lysithea or so is still going to hurt, and if she doubles by some magic means, it might still sae him. It's a decent backup.

I see then, makes sense.

13 minutes ago, Jave said:

The reduced damage on the second hit is part of Urvan's regular effect. The refinement reduces the damage on the FIRST hit, and forces the enemy to attack twice before Ike can counter assuming the enemy can double. B!Ike makes good use of Urvan's refinement even with Null Follow-Up.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

The refine decreases the damage from the first hit by 40%, that's very significant.

Oh, dang, I got the base effect and refine effect mixed up then. lol

I wanted do some Special Training maps today, but I feel so lazy and burnt out. Yesterday was Special Training: Ranged, so I spent a lot of time training up free ranged units and getting SP for them.