• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Welp, there are now too many overpowered Green Armors in the game for me to just pretend I can throw whatever unit I want at them.

In other news, my Selena is +7 merge and wants a Divine Dew refine.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Welp, there are now too many overpowered Green Armors in the game for me to just pretend I can throw whatever unit I want at them.

In other news, my Selena is +7 merge and wants a Divine Dew refine.

Yeah, it is probably a good idea to get a few FF!Firs next year so she can Moonbow or Galeforce through armor units. Both Byleths are also good for tank busting, especially against the green ones, although they rely on Specials rather than effective damage to bust tanks.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, it is probably a good idea to get a few FF!Firs next year so she can Moonbow or Galeforce through armor units. Both Byleths are also good for tank busting, especially against the green ones, although they rely on Specials rather than effective damage to bust tanks.

Coming with the Creator Sword (built in Null Follow-up and Null Special Charge) and Ruptured Sky (About as strong as Moonbow against most Armors, especially against Dragons which make up most of the OP armors) is a good combo to have by default to. Fir I wasn't able to get unfortunately... not for lack of trying though.

For as many strong Armor units as there are, there remains a sizable number of armor counters even available at 3*/4*, like Selena who's default kit tears Green Armors to shreds. And M!Byleth is technically a free unit just so long as you also own Three Houses, but most Fire Emblem fans probably already do.

Edited by Xenomata

So I'm finally going back and clearing out the rest of the orbs from the main story (and eventually the paralogues), and the guilty pleasure of just walking through everything with Legendary Edelgard is immense.

Currently just plowing through all of the Hard difficulty maps (since I've already done Normal and Lunatic) with just Legendary Edelgard, Legendary Eliwood, and Ninian.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

For as many strong Armor units as there are, there remains a sizable number of armor counters even available at 3*/4*, like Selena who's default kit tears Green Armors to shreds. And M!Byleth is technically a free unit just so long as you also own Three Houses, but most Fire Emblem fans probably already do.

Never count Tobin out! He and Hana are free too. It does require dumping some resources into them, though, for new players since Tobin's a grail shop unit and Hana starts out as either 1* or 2* depending on which the player chooses to build.

On another note, Mirabilis being a sleepyhead made me wonder about a Sleepy Emblem team. Her, Haar, Setsuna, and Tiki. Maybe Julia and Python and in the future, Forde and Linhardt can join the sleepy crew.

Edited by Kaden

I have a refined Hana, +Spd at +0 and she destroys green armors, Winter Sothis and co. Are no match.

Anyway, I really do need more hero feathers. I have already cleared my manuals and all chain challengers, and there’s just never enough :’( 

Don't worry, I just use whatever characters have armor-effective weapons as my armorsmasher-as-needed

Includes: Bow Hinoka, blue and red Micaiah, Tobin, Hana, and Oboro. There are others, I just can't think of them right now

It just occurred to me that there isn't a 4* summonable unit with access to Sturdy Blow 2 since I figured it would be nice to pick up Sturdy Blow 1 and Moonbow from Athena and Sturdy Blow 3 some 4* unit because why not. Then I looked into it more and there is no 4* summonable unit with access to a third tier dual Blow. The only unit with access to a third tier dual Blow is Olivier who has Mirror Strike 2 as a 4* instead of Atk Ploy 3. Between Mirror Strike 2 and 20k for Atk Ploy 3, I'd rather get Atk Ploy 3 and also Blazing Light by grabbing Rising Light from someone. Ploys are another issue as the only 4* unit with a Ploy 3 are the Ploy Boys and Julius; at 4*, Arvis has Def Ploy 3, Julius has Atk Ploy 3, and Saias has Spd Ploy 3. The only 4* summonable unit with a Ploy was recently introduced, Forrest, who has Res Ploy 3 at 5*.

Interesting thing happened in Arena Assault today, I fought the same player twice in a row.

Not someone using the same units, literally the same player. They had a team of Myrrh, Legendary Tiki, Adult Tiki, and Maria.

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't think I really have a dedicated armor-smasher. I suppose I should probably build one, a couple of them do give me some trouble in Arena from time to time.

I have none either and can deal fine with them. Triple Micaiah alone as a choice which color you want kills usually half of them in AA on 3 different maps. Then If its an Armor Team with only Physical units i put in Regular Lukas because he smashes everything into pieces and takes no harm and Regular Roy takes care of the Green Armorers. For Dragon Armorers Legendary Marth just kicks everyones butt with 1-2 Dancers and dissolves them into thin air.

And there is the trifecta of razzle-dazzle nukers: Fjorm Veronica and ... Camilla

As for Arena itself the Askrtrio win the matches easy (ok i have them heavy invested) that are same color or they have advantage and for the disadvantage i use a unit alongside that takes care of that. ecxept for Alfonse, he takes care of any color ecxept for colorless.

I am grinding for feathers using chain challenges and I have to say its really tedious. I have only done book 1, now I am doing book 2 and in normal and then I have 3, 4 and Paralogues. How many feathers do chain challenges give?

On another note, I am glad Mjolnir's Strike is on a schedule sort of. 

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am grinding for feathers using chain challenges and I have to say its really tedious. I have only done book 1, now I am doing book 2 and in normal and then I have 3, 4 and Paralogues. How many feathers do chain challenges give?

On another note, I am glad Mjolnir's Strike is on a schedule sort of. 

Normal gives 200 for single-chapter challenges and 400 for dual-chapter ones. Hard gives twice that. You can see the rewards when you're starting up a CC you haven't completed.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Normal gives 200 for single-chapter challenges and 400 for dual-chapter ones. Hard gives twice that. You can see the rewards when you're starting up a CC you haven't completed.

I meant in total how many feathers does it give but by the looks of it will be enough to merge up Flame emperor and Ashnard. Also it's a nice way to grind HM. 

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

I have none either and can deal fine with them. Triple Micaiah alone as a choice which color you want kills usually half of them in AA on 3 different maps. Then If its an Armor Team with only Physical units i put in Regular Lukas because he smashes everything into pieces and takes no harm and Regular Roy takes care of the Green Armorers. For Dragon Armorers Legendary Marth just kicks everyones butt with 1-2 Dancers and dissolves them into thin air.

And there is the trifecta of razzle-dazzle nukers: Fjorm Veronica and ... Camilla

As for Arena itself the Askrtrio win the matches easy (ok i have them heavy invested) that are same color or they have advantage and for the disadvantage i use a unit alongside that takes care of that. ecxept for Alfonse, he takes care of any color ecxept for colorless.

I don't have dancer Micaiah or Brave Micaiah, or any of the Askr trio built up beyond being 5☆ with their base kits.

After finally getting a Ross and looking into him, I just learned that the subjects of IS' experiment to add units to the 3*/4* pool (such as Ross) were gimped in BST by a generational margin.  I'm a little miffed now that I have this newfound knowledge, because the thought of him standing above every other normal gen 4 infantry in sheer BST is nice, but I guess I can't be too annoyed since Ross' stat spread is still really really good. 
Hopefully I get more copies of him when I roll for Amelia next week.

FE2's Catalog of Heroes is organized strangely: It seems to be Alm Part 1 > Celica Part 2 > Alm Part 3 > Celica Part 3 > Non-playable. Which is weird, because most other games focus on affiliations rather than recruitment. Generation splits override affiliations, but this isn't like that. FE10 sure doesn't care what part units join in. FE10 also lists Mia before Ike, which is also weird.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

FE10 also lists Mia before Ike, which is also weird.

I also noticed this while researching my argument in the new Fallen Heroes banner thread and am like 20 levels of confused by it. Like, what?

Personally, I'm confused by how the Awakening kids are ordered. It at first looks like that they're ordered by their paralogue numbers since it starts with (after Lucina of course) Owain -> Inigo -> Brady, but then it just kinda abandons that after Brady and just does whatever. Meanwhile, the Fates kids are all correctly ordered by their paralogue numbers.

5 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

After finally getting a Ross and looking into him, I just learned that the subjects of IS' experiment to add units to the 3*/4* pool (such as Ross) were gimped in BST by a generational margin.  I'm a little miffed now ,that I have this newfound knowledge, because the thought of him standing above every other normal gen 4 infantry in sheer BST is nice, but I guess I can't be too annoyed since Ross' stat spread is still really really good. 
Hopefully I get more copies of him when I roll for Amelia next week.

BST really only matters for a small portion of units.

For Player Phase units, they only care about Atk/Spd, and some only care about Atk. For slow Enemy Phase units, they only care about HP/Atk/Def or HP/Atk/Res. BST does not really matter for these units, and stat distribution is far more important.

BST does somewhat matter for slow mixed tanks, since they want HP/Atk/Def/Res to be high, although if the unit is min-maxed and dumped Spd, then BST does not matter too much either. It can also be argued that having high BST is not necessarily a good thing either, since you want slow tanks to be as slow as possible, and if the unit can keep HP/Atk/Def/Res the same, a slow tank actually wants to drop their BST to lower their Spd further.

BST is crucial for super tanks since they want all stats to be high, and this also applies to a lesser extent to Spd tanks. BST matters in this scenario since buffers can be customized to fix stat distribution problems, but buffers cannot fix low BST. However, as long as the super tank is not dealing with a highly optimized defense teams, I think it is still okay to use a low BST super tank. 2 M!Corrins can provide a minimum of all stats +9, or all stats +12 if you are using one of each Drive. You still probably do not want to use a gen I ranged cavalry unit as a super tank, but any gen I melee unit should be fine.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Dreading GC, so the upcoming trailer is all I have to look forward to right now tbh...

Do people dread this mode? I literally just autobattle every single time. Usually prioritizing the Cavalry round. It can get tedious doing the quests for the extra conquest lances but as far as GC itself it's pretty much a snorefest. FB is far more grindy imo.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Do people dread this mode? I literally just autobattle every single time. Usually prioritizing the Cavalry round. It can get tedious doing the quests for the extra conquest lances but as far as GC itself it's pretty much a snorefest. FB is far more grindy imo.

GC has a failure condition, whereas FB does not. This is due to the way they handle stamina of course, where only brand new players with no stamina potions are realistically at risk of not having enough to finish FB, but everyone is at risk in GC, every GC.

Sure it's literally one orb, but it feels bad to fall just short of T25 as I have done before with pure autobattle.