Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I dunno what I did wrong, then, because I used all but one lance (that one being the one I missed) and I played every 8 hours. Lunatic wasn't high enough, I guess, but I don't have enough Heroes friends OR super-whale units to do higher difficulties with.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I dunno what I did wrong, then, because I used all but one lance (that one being the one I missed) and I played every 8 hours. Lunatic wasn't high enough, I guess, but I don't have enough Heroes friends OR super-whale units to do higher difficulties with.

I don't know what your barracks looks like, but I'm pretty sure you've been playing longer than I have, I'd be surprised if you can't throw together a full brigade of powerful units of literally every movement type. Some of my types are stronger than others but I can autobattle infernal with just about every one of my brigades. Some with varying success but I tend to stick to the cavs, armor.

And I quit for six months and came back, I'd be surprised if you didn't have a better barracks honestly.

Edited by Zeo

Hmm... now that I think about it, I don’t use any of my friends’ heroes ever, only in Allegiance battles. I probably should use them more, but I feel most comfy using units I already built up. For GC, most of my +0 units suffice.

24 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't use any crazily-invested units or use friend units at all, and I normally get enough points from auto-battling Infernal+ even without getting the quest lances. They make a nice reserve I can go for if the auto-battling seems at risk of falling short, though.

At high difficulties you don't really have to do well, since the points are so high regardless.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Did you play right when Grand Conquest started, at whatever unreasonable hour of the day it is for you? GC starts at 4 am my time, but my sleeping schedule has been nonexistent since the pandemic shut down all the schools in the district.

Barring that, how many "non-perfect" runs did you get? I actually got to tier 25 with a day to spare, so I'm trying to figure out what we may be doing differently.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Did you play right when Grand Conquest started, at whatever unreasonable hour of the day it is for you? GC starts at 4 am my time, but my sleeping schedule has been nonexistent since the pandemic shut down all the schools in the district.

To this day, I still don't get why Grand Conquests (and Rokkr Sieges too for that matter) start four hours after the reset instead of just starting at the reset like pretty much every other event. It's always been arbitrary and annoying.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

To this day, I still don't get why Grand Conquests (and Rokkr Sieges too for that matter) start four hours after the reset instead of just starting at the reset like pretty much every other event. It's always been arbitrary and annoying.

Yeah, it's super annoying and I wish it'd just start at the reset as well. Or at least put it on the same time schedule as Voting Gauntlet if they really want a period of inactivity before the next round.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I don't know what your barracks looks like, but I'm pretty sure you've been playing longer than I have, I'd be surprised if you can't throw together a full brigade of powerful units of literally every movement type. Some of my types are stronger than others but I can autobattle infernal with just about every one of my brigades. Some with varying success but I tend to stick to the cavs, armor.

And I quit for six months and came back, I'd be surprised if you didn't have a better barracks honestly.

I've been playing since opening day, and I do have lots of 5-star units and some 5-star +10 ones. My premium skill number, though, is...low, to say the least. I've had a consistent streak of bad luck for a couple years now when it comes to summoning enough units to use as fodder, so I'm left with a lot of outdated skills to rely on. I can't get past Tier 20 in Aether Raids, and I struggle every week hitting a 5 game streak in Arena.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Barring that, how many "non-perfect" runs did you get? I actually got to tier 25 with a day to spare, so I'm trying to figure out what we may be doing differently.

I stayed up until 2 in the morning when it starts my time, and started there. I only had one single match where I wasn't able to take the home base, but I got all 20 kills and took the other minor bases. Every other run I had was a perfect one, with all being Lunatic aside from the very first match and one other one.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I stayed up until 2 in the morning when it starts my time, and started there. I only had one single match where I wasn't able to take the home base, but I got all 20 kills and took the other minor bases. Every other run I had was a perfect one, with all being Lunatic aside from the very first match and one other one.

That's better than I've done, tbh, and I've slept in a lot so it's not like I played ever 8 hours myself. I'm really not sure what happened, sorry to hear that you didn't reach tier 25 this time. Always annoying.

Tier 25 in Grand Conquests requires roughly 330,000 points. You get 14 lances from tier rewards, 9 from quests, and up to 6 runs per round from natural stamina (4 per round is a reasonable amount accounting for unhelpful Timezone/schedule). So if you average 10,000 per run you should make it.

I didn't play every 8 hours but managed T25 with all-Lunatic fights. Of those, I went with auto-battling for the first two rounds, then doing it manually in the final round, with about 10 recharges involved. I did do all the quests, and finished up with about 6 hours until reset with no recharges left, so I only really had a partial fight's worth of breathing space.

P.S. Used a horse team for every round and without the cavalry bonus round I don't think Infernal is worth the risk of failure based on past experiences.

Edited by Humanoid

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

And on that note, shout outs to (among others) 's NY!Anna, Momentai~'s Barst, and Diovani Bressan's bab Marth for making that grind all the less painful.

I am glad that bab Marth was useful to you.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

I literally got T25 by autobattling infernal (NOT +) and wasn't even getting perfect scores. Usually the cav/armor rounds do it for me but it was actually the infantry one this time. 

I finished on the very first battle of the last round. Didn't have to do any of the quests for the lances on that round. Dunno how people miss the last tier unless you aren't playing when the Lance's refresh which is honestly pretty lax.

@Vicious Sal

- Unfortunately, yes.

- We don't talk and I don't tag you in my clears (I actually don't see you in that section of the Heroes forum at all, really.) or summons.

- That's a pretty correct tag. Matt's my go-to in AR and just about any content (though these days much less so with particular units invalidating him) and I'm pretty much free in AR as far as defense and I've been too lazy to invest in a real team so I haven't asked for much help (and God help me before I build units specifically for AR-D).

Yeah, AR is going to be a cakewalk for those types of units. But you will still have to account for units like Brunnya and Idunn. You will be getting a flat 0 damage increase against those so if you rely on the damage you're going to be in for a bad time.

I Tend to not busy myself with clears all that much since Abyssal isn't all that difficult to clear. So most of the time I just go through the motions and I don't think the clears are that exciting to watch. Many of them are just Duma+Kronya strats and blazing specials to keep enemies at <100% Hp

And Summons wise I just post stuff i find noteworthy, but it's not directed at anyone. Though I am waiting for the moment that I get Rezzy'd, and pull a unit I want (That isn't fodder or a random off focus unit that will only end in AA uasage) that is going be -atk. It's been more than 1.5 years and so far I have had no core gameplay/favouritism project that has been -atk. So I can't tag yet.

And luckily most defense currently don't take penalties into consideration yet on defense teams. 

I am just having fun testing Dominance:

Screenshot_20200522-161140.pngScreenshot_20200522-161219.pngSMfHRJt.png

Altena has Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 from Legendary Azura's Prayer Wheel + Hone Spd 4 combo. However, with Saizo's Panic Smoke, those become Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7.

Duma has Chill Atk 3 Seal, inflicting Atk-7 on Altena. Saizo has Spd Smoke, inflicting Spd-7 on Altena. Micaiah's Duo Skill inflicts Def/Res-7 on Altena.

Just to inform how I inflicted Panic Smoke and Spd Smoke, Saizo killed a unit that was adjacent to Altena.

Having Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7 from debuffs, and Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7 from buffs converted into penalties, and with Dominance's effect, Tethys is able to deal 56 damage on Altena.

I picked Altena for this because she is the one with the higher Def on my barracks, not even counting the double Sturdy Stance 2 and the Atk/Def-5 on foe from Earthly Gáe Bolg.

I picked Tethys because she has the lowest Atk from my 3* Lv 1 units (she is also -Atk). I would pick Azama, but I would need to get some SP to be able to give him a staff.

I also did some extra tests!

Against Brunnya... Dominance doesn't work on Fimbulvetr! She really cancels all debuffs. I believe we can say the same thing about Idunn's Demonic Breath.

Against Atk/Res Bond 4, from Brave Micaiah. The Bond skill nullifies the the penalties on Atk and Res, so you will not get extra damage from those stats. The same can be said from Spring Bartre's Carrot Cudgel, but in this case it will nullify the penalties on Atk and Def.

These two cases are very curious... because Atk/Res Bond 4 and Carrot Cudgel cancels the extra damage from Dominance, however Blizzard still gets the extra Atk from those debuffed stats

Brave Micaiah has Atk/Res Bond 4 equipped and is adjacent to an ally. She has Atk-7 from Chill Atk. Gunnthrá does 16x2 on her, while without the Atk debuff Gunnthrá does 9x2. The same case was applied (Brave Micaiah debuffed with Atk-7), but this time Gunnthrá had the Dominance status... she still does 16x2 instead of 23x2.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am just having fun testing Dominance:

Screenshot_20200522-161140.pngScreenshot_20200522-161219.pngSMfHRJt.png

Altena has Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 from Legendary Azura's Prayer Wheel + Hone Spd 4 combo. However, with Saizo's Panic Smoke, those become Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7.

Duma has Chill Atk 3 Seal, inflicting Atk-7 on Altena. Saizo has Spd Smoke, inflicting Spd-7 on Altena. Micaiah's Duo Skill inflicts Def/Res-7 on Altena.

Just to inform how I inflicted Panic Smoke and Spd Smoke, Saizo killed a unit that was adjacent to Altena.

Having Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7 from debuffs, and Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7 from buffed converted into penalties, and with Dominance's effect, Tethys is able to deal 56 damage on Altena.

I picked Altena for this because she is the one with the higher Def on my barracks, not even counting the double Sturdy Stance 2 and the Atk/Def-5 on foe from Earthly Gáe Bolg.

I picked Tethys because she has the lowest Atk from my 3* Lv 1 units (she is also -Atk). I would pick Azama, but I would need to get some SP to be able to give him a staff.

I also did some extra tests!

Against Brunnya... Dominance doesn't work on Fimbulvetr! She really cancels all debuffs. I believe we can say the same thing about Idunn's Demonic Breath.

Against Atk/Res Bond 4, from Brave Micaiah. The Bond skill nullifies the the penalties on Atk and Res, so you will not get extra damage from those stats. The same can be said from Spring Bartre's Carrot Cudgel, but in this case it will nullify the penalties on Atk and Def.

These two cases are very curious... because Atk/Res Bond 4 and Carrot Cudgel cancels the extra damage from Dominance, however Blizzard still gets the extra Atk from those debuffed stats

Brave Micaiah has Atk/Res Bond 4 equipped and is adjacent to an ally. She has Atk-7 from Chill Atk. Gunnthrá does 16x2 on her, while without the Atk debuff Gunnthrá does 9x2. The same case was applied (Brave Micaiah debuffed with Atk-7), but this time Gunnthrá had the Dominance status... she still does 16x2 instead of 23x2.

I am very glad I have 1 for each season, i might actually field the Duo building. 

And very interesting. Weird interactions indeed...

4 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I am very glad I have 1 for each season, i might actually field the Duo building. 

And very interesting. Weird interactions indeed...

I have a Ewan that I got last month... I am considering to fodder him to Micaiah, for Sabotage Spd.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

I have a Ewan that I got last month... I am considering to fodder him to Micaiah, for Sabotage Spd.

Hahaha, same here! Random free pull Ewan. I was thinking of Tethys first. My barracks are full of fodder because of choice paralysis.

Lol, did you guys see the new notification about device support?

I hope that doesn't affect any of you guys.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol, did you guys see the new notification about device support?

I hope that doesn't affect any of you guys.

oh that it needs more space?

I think i should be fine, worse case scenario i delete other stuff

I'm more interested in what the update entails that will require a full OS upgrade. Is it just the result of all the updates finally needing more from your device? Or is it something in particular that's gonna take more juice to run? 

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Blizzard and Dominance aren’t exactly the same effect. The former is an atk bonus and the latter is true damage. That might be an explanation, since true damage is applied separately from other effects.

27 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm more interested in what the update entails that will require a full OS upgrade. Is it just the result of all the updates finally needing more from your device? Or is it something in particular that's gonna take more juice to run? 

If it has any major change or new mode stuff, we're probably getting a Feh Channel for it closer to the update.

31 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Blizzard and Dominance aren’t exactly the same effect. The former is an atk bonus and the latter is true damage. That might be an explanation, since true damage is applied separately from other effects.

It's more about the fact that Blizzard and Dominance, despite being different effects, they have the same base: use foe's debuffs to trigger its effect. However, Dominance is nullified by Bond 4 but Blizzard is not nullified by Bond 4.

That's the thing that surprised me. Bond 4 nullified the penalties on two stats, but Blizzard is still able to identify those negative stats and get the extra Atk from them, while Dominance is not able to identify the negative stats to get the extra damage.