Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

21 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I really hope they don't turn their backs on the not-so-popular Book 1 characters. That'd really suck. I really would love to see Merric and Maria get something, Florina and the other FE7 characters, Klein, etc.

As for Grail units, please just...fix Lloyd's art. That has to be the single biggest blunder in art Heroes has ever produced.

Klein and Merric would be great. Florina is pretty much guaranteed to get one, IMO.

In regards to book 1 characters, what I want to see most is:

Klein (Nifl)

MRobin (Embla)

Innes (who also really needs the universal stats) (Askr)

Chrom (Embla)

Catria (Nifl)

Laslow (Embla)

Sigurd (Muspell for a laugh)

Sothe (Askr)

Camus (Embla)

Lloyd (Embla)

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I hope it's Raven so that way all three of my main Galeforce units are garbed in Askr clothing. But honestly I am kind of hoping for Marth since Askr probably fits him best though I wouldn't mind a mage like Linde or Celica since so far all mages were put in Emblian clothing. Wouldn't mind seeing our first dragon resplendent either in which case I hope A!Tiki is the first one since I think even Bantu currently has a higher bst than her.

15 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Knowing that the next one is Askr, does anyone have any predictions?

Lilina, because clearly those other games don't mean anything to IS (especially the Jugdral duo).

As for my non-bitter and sarcastic prediction, I'll say Takumi and maybe this time, if it is him, I won't give in to the temptation of Close Counter. He's gone a suspiciously long time now without getting anything (close to two years now), though I suppose that applies to plenty of other characters too.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Klein and Merric would be great. Florina is pretty much guaranteed to get one, IMO.

In regards to book 1 characters, what I want to see most is:

Klein (Nifl)

MRobin (Embla)

Innes (who also really needs the universal stats) (Askr)

Chrom (Embla)

Catria (Nifl)

Laslow (Embla)

Sigurd (Muspell for a laugh)

Sothe (Askr)

Camus (Embla)

Lloyd (Embla)

sry but Xander Embla just has to happen! just because of the comic and the stuff mentioned ingame

On 5/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, Tybrosion said:

Est isn't nearly popular enough to deserve that. It's already bad enough that she got an alt purely from mooching off of her superior sisters.

Est is easily the best of the three in terms of gameplay. Having a Brave armor-effective weapon without the Brave weapon Mt and Spd penalties is absurd.

I can see that working either way for her. She's more powerful than the other two and less in need of a boost in stats, but she'd also be a popular choice in terms of gameplay viability.

On 5/28/2020 at 3:53 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

We haven't had a New Mystery, Sacred Stones, or Geneology/Thracia one yet. I think the next could be Ephraim, Marth, or Seliph. 

On 5/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, Tybrosion said:

As for my non-bitter and sarcastic prediction, I'll say Takumi and maybe this time, if it is him, I won't give in to the temptation of Close Counter. He's gone a suspiciously long time now without getting anything (close to two years now), though I suppose that applies to plenty of other characters too.

I second Takumi. He deserves the Resplendent Hero treatment. Even if his stats are unsalvageable from obscurity given his exclusive weapon doesn't have a combat effect.

Anyways, here's the list of qualifying 5-star units:

Spoiler

Launch

• Elise
  • Hinoka
  • Leo
  • Linde
  • Lucina
  • Minerva
  • Ryoma
  • Takumi
  • Tiki

Post-launch Book 1 (non-seasonal, non-alt)

• Ephraim
  • Julia
  • Eldigan
  • Olwen
  • Jaffar
  • Karel
  • Ninian
  • Alm
  • Faye
  • Mist
  • Celica
  • Jenny
  • Katarina
  • Luke
  • Delthea
  • Gray
  • Saber
  • Sonya
  • Amelia
  • Innes
  • Tana
  • Erincia
  • Nephenee
  • Dierdre
  • Sigurd
  • Ayra
  • Dorcas
  • Lute
  • Mia

Post-launch Book 2 through Micaiah (non-seasonal, non-alt)

• Rhajat
  • Shiro
  • Siegbert
  • Micaiah
  • Zelgius

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Est is easily the best of the three in terms of gameplay. Having a Brave armor-effective weapon without the Brave weapon Mt and Spd penalties is absurd.

I can see that working either way for her. She's more powerful than the other two and less in need of a boost in stats, but she'd also be a popular choice in terms of gameplay viability.

Yeah, too bad I actively despise Est if the way I've been talking about her hasn't already made that clear to the point where I don't care about her gameplay effectiveness. Her being complete trash as skill fodder (Defiant Res and Seal Spd were "lol" tier even in 2017, and Silas exists for Slaying Spears if I ever need those) has also done her no favors with me and has made me wish that I could delete her ass from the summoning pool.

I wish we could delete certain units from our own personal summoning pools. Asking the entire player base to vote for certain 3-4 star book 1 units that will stop showing up for everyone would be an absolute disaster, since some people may actually want to summon for Raighs even if I don't need any more of him. But if each player were allowed to, I don't know, check off a list of 3-4 star launch day units and eliminate three units for each color and stop them from showing up, that would be great.

Not the most ideal solution to the summoning pool's issues, I know, but it'd at least do SOMETHING.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I couldn't agree more.

Back on 2018, I was planning to build a lance flier. Then she got her refinement, and it's a very good one. I use her any time it's possible, in both AA and Rokkr Sieges. I built Palla after her, and she is also great. Yes, she has TA ok her weapon, but it makes her a great freen foes killer.

Since Est is a very effective lance flier, I have no interest in building Catria anytime soon, or at all.

Having a Resplendent Est would be pretty nice.

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes, she has TA ok her weapon, but it makes her a great freen foes killer.

For general use, Triangle Adept is not great, but for Røkkr Sieges, that Brave-Gem Weapon is pretty bonkers. Est and Palla are my favorites to use because they are so strong against certain types of Røkkrs. Catria is not bad either, it is just that Slaying effect is not really necessary when you are not running Desperation, although it is pretty great outside of Røkkr Sieges.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I couldn't agree more.

Back on 2018, I was planning to build a lance flier. Then she got her refinement, and it's a very good one. I use her any time it's possible, in both AA and Rokkr Sieges. I built Palla after her, and she is also great. Yes, she has TA ok her weapon, but it makes her a great freen foes killer.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

For general use, Triangle Adept is not great, but for Røkkr Sieges, that Brave-Gem Weapon is pretty bonkers. Est and Palla are my favorites to use because they are so strong against certain types of Røkkrs. Catria is not bad either, it is just that Slaying effect is not really necessary when you are not running Desperation, although it is pretty great outside of Røkkr Sieges.

I actually consider Triangle Adept as the perfect skill for Palla when used on the same team as Est since it allows her to easily cover the green units that Est has trouble with.

Catria's main point of usefulness is the fact that she can land Moonbow (or Ruptured Sky) on the second hit of her Brave attack, which is good for covering the bulky non-armored units that Est occasionally has trouble breaking through. She's also a bit more physically bulky than Est, which is useful for Rokkr Seiges.

On a scale of "that's almost a good idea" to "WTF are you thinking", how bad of an idea is it for me to swap out Mila's default weapon with Water Breath (Def)?  Mine went full pacifist, so all she wants to do is survive.

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

On a scale of "that's almost a good idea" to "WTF are you thinking", how bad of an idea is it for me to swap out Mila's default weapon with Water Breath (Def)?  Mine went full pacifist, so all she wants to do is survive.

It depends on what you're doing.

If you're expecting her to enter combat, sure. If she's actually being full pacifist and won't be entering combat at all, then it's only really worth it if you need the extra +5 HP for debuffing or there's something very specific that you need the +1 Def to hit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It depends on what you're doing.

If you're expecting her to enter combat, sure. If she's actually being full pacifist and won't be entering combat at all, then it's only really worth it if you need the extra +5 HP for debuffing or there's something very specific that you need the +1 Def to hit.

"Pacifist" means "she's not killing anything on initiation with that stat spread, so might as well make her bulky bait".

I was so torn on whether to use Cordelia, Catria or Est (or Shigure whenever he gets a refine) as my stock lance flier for so long. Then the Trio showed up and even unmerged I don't think I could give up on their utility. So now all of them are off the menu for now, at least in terms of offensive options. Altena is a live defensive option but hard to merge since she's not been demoted.

I just hit 200k feathers again earlier today but am in the unprecedented situation of having no unit I'd particularly like to merge. I put them into some categories:

Don't have nearly enough copies and don't expect to until next year: Reyson, Tethys, Altena

Was on the table early but less alluring now due to powercreep: Klein, Tailtiu, Michalis

Dependent on getting other units: Naesala (lacking Tibarn to make a full birb team)

If only they weren't TT grail units with their 1000 grail tax: Valentine's Titania, Mininerva, Winter Cecilia, Smolzura, Bride Marth

A miracle might happen next week: Donnel, Clarisse

Melee armours: Not gonna happen

Duplicate class but could be fun: Boey, Tharja

The Reinhardt: Reinhardt

Phew, after going through the entire list of 3-4* heroes there I guess the best I can do for now is probably Tharja or Boey, though obviously I'll wait a week in the hope of a nice surprise. Gotta say that none of the options really spark joy though.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I was so torn on whether to use Cordelia, Catria or Est (or Shigure whenever he gets a refine) as my stock lance flier for so long. Then the Trio showed up and even unmerged I don't think I could give up on their utility. So now all of them are off the menu for now, at least in terms of offensive options. Altena is a live defensive option but hard to merge since she's not been demoted.

I just hit 200k feathers again earlier today but am in the unprecedented situation of having no unit I'd particularly like to merge. I put them into some categories:

Don't have nearly enough copies and don't expect to until next year: Reyson, Tethys, Altena

Was on the table early but less alluring now due to powercreep: Klein, Tailtiu, Michalis

Dependent on getting other units: Naesala (lacking Tibarn to make a full birb team)

If only they weren't TT grail units with their 1000 grail tax: Valentine's Titania, Mininerva, Winter Cecilia, Smolzura, Bride Marth

A miracle might happen next week: Donnel, Clarisse

Melee armours: Not gonna happen

Duplicate class but could be fun: Boey, Tharja

The Reinhardt: Reinhardt

Phew, after going through the entire list of 3-4* heroes there I guess the best I can do for now is probably Tharja or Boey, though obviously I'll wait a week in the hope of a nice surprise. Gotta say that none of the options really spark joy though.

I've found merged Naesala to be very effective even without a focused team.

Gwendolyn is also excellent, but she requires more work and support to really shine.

The tweet mentioned the poll result being final, but either way, it's welcome news. Getting a Duo Hero has never been as easy--and one with great skills too.

Edited by Karimlan

I wonder when the trailer for the next banner will go up. I'm hoping it goes up on Tuesday or Wednesday night since the game will be under maintenance for most of Thursday night for me and I would like to know who is on the next banner before deciding whether are not to spend some orbs on the mythic banner.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Definitely curious to see if we will be getting a FEH channel on Tuesday, so the trailer can properly debut on Wednesday, with Thursday being the update day

Would we be getting a feh channel though? Are there any hints?

Version 4.6 had an "Update Notification" newspost rather than a "Weapon Refinery Update" one, so there won't be a Feh Channel. "Update Notification" = "here's all the info about the upcoming update", "Weapon Refinery Update" = "here's just the weapons, you'll hear the rest in a Feh Channel in a few days". They've been very consistent about this for quite a while.

I think the trailer will be Wednesday  since last several end days for VG have had the trailer on the same day, plus Thursday the game will be updating.