Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Oh god, today I have to do Arena, Arena Assault, Aether Raids, Resonant Battles, Mjolnir's Strike and Tempest Trials. I don't remember ever having such a big fixture pile-up before.

EDIT: Well, AR ended instantly because I forgot to equip the Escape Ladder so that's out of the way, ha. Fast-track that auto-AR feature already!

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... I wonder when the majority of summons world-wide happen?

I imagine there'd be a surge of them during a banner release, but after that?

Obviously it's not really possible for one of us to keep track of that without an absolutely massive amount of support... but it is something interesting to think about...

Whatever the answer is, it's something IS pays attention to, I'm sure.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:14 AM, Humanoid said:

Blue: Lance infantry, lance armour, lance cavalry

We need a lance flier to complete the team... But I don't expect one in this CYL.

What I expect is Lysithea as a infantry Colorless Mage/Staff user, Claude to be a Axe Flier, Dimitri as a Infantry/Cavalry Lance unit, and Edelgard as Infantry/ Armor Sword. I forgot she has a Budding Talent in Reason, so a mage is another option... Or a dagger unit, since we know in Azure Moon that she is good in throwing daggers (I am joking, of course).

On 6/20/2020 at 1:14 AM, Humanoid said:

A red tome would be great, yeah. Prevents the red CYL unit from being a sword for the fourth time in a row. Admittedly every blue one has been a lance unit too, but that at least is mitigated by the relative rarity of lance units, and the fact that the move types have at least been more diverse.

Red: Sword cavalry, sword infantry, sword infantry
Blue: Lance infantry, lance armour, lance cavalry
Green: Axe infantry, axe armour, tome flier
Grey: Bow cavalry, staff cavalry, staff flier

Hoping for:

Edelgard - armored red tome

Dimitri - fisting enthusiast 

Claude - cavalry or flying axe

Lysithea - holy knight (blue mounted tome)

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Oh yeah, for those who have Three Houses, remember to get your free promo M!Byleth! If you plan to get Three Houses, get it soon! If you plan to get a Switch, then definitely check your local electronics or gaming stores as soon as possible because there is a Switch shortage right now and you will probably have to wait for it, so you most likely would not be able to buy a Switch on the last day and get it immediately. I had to wait about 2 weeks just to get a Switch Lite, in Sacramento. The regular Switch was completely out.

I think the M!Byleth promo deadline is June 29, about a week from now.

I looked back on my numbers from here and it looks like, if we count "complicated" cases like seasonal-only characters as being represented, there's a bit under 300 playable characters who aren't represented in Heroes at all. At a rate of 5 per month (60 per year), we could get through that in 5 more years. Which might be optimistic (we'll probably get at least one new game in the meantime, and the new character rate could slow as we dig deeper and deeper), but still, it's interesting to think about.

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Oh god, today I have to do Arena, Arena Assault, Aether Raids, Resonant Battles, Mjolnir's Strike and Tempest Trials. I don't remember ever having such a big fixture pile-up before.

Technically, you don’t. Personally, I barely ever bother with Arena Assault these days and have yet to even touch Mjolnir or Resonant and likely won’t.

They really need to stop adding new PvP modes and instead fix and refine what we already have.

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

I looked back on my numbers from here and it looks like, if we count "complicated" cases like seasonal-only characters as being represented, there's a bit under 300 playable characters who aren't represented in Heroes at all. At a rate of 5 per month (60 per year), we could get through that in 5 more years. Which might be optimistic (we'll probably get at least one new game in the meantime, and the new character rate could slow as we dig deeper and deeper), but still, it's interesting to think about.

Looking over the numbers, 60 per year might be a bit optimistic. I counted just 56 over the past year, and that's including all the extra demotes from late 2019.

51 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Technically, you don’t. Personally, I barely ever bother with Arena Assault these days and have yet to even touch Mjolnir or Resonant and likely won’t.

They really need to stop adding new PvP modes and instead fix and refine what we already have.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering cutting out all modes that don't award orbs if I opt to keep playing the game at all over the next few months. The fact that I have enough feathers and grails to +10 anyone I want at the moment, yet finding myself in a position where I don't want to, is a pretty telling sign of where I'm at with the game currently. I'll probably stick around until the second summer TT is done at the very least due to being one of the last remaining modes with good value for effort, but after that I'm really not sure what the future holds.

I might try Football Manager Mobile as a potential replacement for FEH over the coming weeks. Bit of an odd choice but I spent a fair bit of time playing the mainline series in my younger days, and while I no longer have time for the full-fat version, maybe a dumbed down mobile version is just what I need. Contrast this with FEH which is more demanding in both time and difficulty than any mainline Fire Emblem game (on normal, which I exclusively play), kinda subverting what it means to be a mobile game.

Edited by Humanoid

Well, Nintendo's latest financial report has indicated (to the joy of most) that they are not interested in developing more mobile games.

What does this mean for Heroes? Is it going to continue for years to come as a (somewhat dwindling) money-spinner or is it going to go the way of the dodo as Nintendo abandons the mobile market.

7 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, Nintendo's latest financial report has indicated (to the joy of most) that they are not interested in developing more mobile games.

What does this mean for Heroes? Is it going to continue for years to come as a (somewhat dwindling) money-spinner or is it going to go the way of the dodo as Nintendo abandons the mobile market.

I don't think Nintendo will stop developing mobile games. That market is massive, isn't it? It wouldn't be wise to not capitalize on it. Nintendo just needs to make some mobile titles that are good enough to get them a nice profit.

8 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't expect anything to change with Heroes in the foreseeable future considering it's likely still making them enough money to justify continuing working on it.

My guess for the near future is that it just means they won't be making any new games and they will eventually start dropping support for the games that aren't making money.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think Nintendo will stop developing mobile games. That market is massive, isn't it? It wouldn't be wise to not capitalize on it. Nintendo just needs to make some mobile titles that are good enough to get them a nice profit.

The market may be large right now, but the future is very shaky. Lootboxes are raising a stink with European governments, and there's no telling if that's going to spread or how quickly.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The market may be large right now, but the future is very shaky. Lootboxes are raising a stink with European governments, and there's no telling if that's going to spread or how quickly.

I see. But then why not make some games that don't use those? They can be great, right?

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't expect anything to change with Heroes in the foreseeable future considering it's likely still making them enough money to justify continuing working on it.

My guess for the near future is that it just means they won't be making any new games and they will eventually start dropping support for the games that aren't making money.

Well, I think your second response there is the more relevant to my question. Lootbox regulations would be the death of the game. But ultimately, gaming as a whole would be better off for it.

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, I think your second response there is the more relevant to my question. Lootbox regulations would be the death of the game. But ultimately, gaming as a whole would be better off for it.

By my non-expert opinion, I think mobile games will be safe at least until the end of the year. Losing all of Europe as a market is not going to be an issue for any franchise not named FIFA. I don't expect any large issues with mobile games coming up until the U.S. tightens regulations, and that's almost certainly not going to happen anytime this year due to the upcoming presidential elections and the fact that politicians here have way more urgent problems to use as an excuse for more finger-pointing.

The current situation is low risk for Heroes because developing additional content for an established game comes at a lower cost than developing a brand new game, and content to be released within the next few months is less likely to become obsoleted by regulation. On the other hand, if you were to begin development of a new game right now, who knows what the climate will be like in a year when it is finally released and whether the content you are making now for the game will have been made obsolete.

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I agree with @Ice Dragon that Heroes and current Nintendo mobile titles is probably okay in the near term. On page 11 of their recent convocation notice, Nintendo noted that their mobile IP income had an 11% increase in income.

I wish they would elaborate more on income cause I have no idea what the hell they mean by income. Do they mean gross income or net income, or some other type of income? I assume it is some kind of net income. They switch the metric from sales for the eShop to income for mobile, so I find that a bit irritating. I know that companies are always trying to make their numbers look nice to investors, but it is still annoying that I have to dig through the rest of their report to see if they are hiding behind bull shit cherry picked figures, but even then, I cannot always find what I am looking for so I just have to hope nothing is wrong.

Anyways, I am still reading through the rest of the report and I will go through a few others. Ignoring my rant, an increase of 11% in mobile income is still pretty nice and solid, even though I have no idea what they mean. Assuming they are not hiding anything, most of Nintendo's current mobile lineup should be fine.

Edit: I figured out what they mean by mobile, IP income. It is on page 5 of their explanatory material. It is the same bull shit figure I had issues with deciphering last time when I tried to get more information out of their mobile divisions figures. It is a sales figure, not really an income figure.

Basically, that sales figure lumps their mobile sales, IP income, royalties, and other random shit together. Basically, we still have no idea how their mobile division is actually doing, but since the item as a whole is doing okay, I hope that means their mobile division is also doing okay, but we cannot say for certain. It is possible that their mobile division is doing shit and royalties is doing all the work, or it could be vice versa, but we have no clue without further numbers.

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I rather loot boxes stay. If a player does not like loot boxes, then do not play games with loot boxes. There are plenty of other options. Having something like Heroes helps stabilize Fire Emblem as a franchise. If a main line game does not pan out, having a strong mobile title that does well is a signal that the franchise is still viable.

Trying to over regulate loot boxes is just an asinine finger pointing move against businesses. And gaming as whole would not be better off without it, as it is one less revenue model to work with.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Basically, Nintendo is deciding whether they should risk more money going into the mobile market or invest in making regular games which they are really good at. With how successful the Switch is, Nintendo does not face the same pressure as before to expand into the mobile market to find other revenue streams. (Bloomberg; the article sounds a bit alarmist/exaggerated with some of their wordings in my opinion.)

I do not think Nintendo is going to retreat from the mobile market anytime soon, and I highly doubt they are going to close any of their current mobile games soon either. Their mobile division as a whole seems to be doing okay (I cannot say for certain though), so I do not think they are going to abandon their efforts up to now.

From what I read so far, Nintendo is treating their mobile platform more like an advertisement for their games on the console, and they are looking to expand their IP into theme parks and films with business partners (page 12 of convocation notice).

— — — — — — —

— — — — — — —

I will edit this post as I find more relevant information if anyone else is interested.

Last page of Q&A conference call. Sounds like they are making new apps, just not announcing it anytime soon.

Spoiler

Question 9:
I'd like to hear your thoughts about the lineup and revenue for mobile applications for this fiscal year.

Answer 9:
Furukawa: Regarding the development of our mobile business, while focusing on operating the six applications that are currently available, we are continuing to develop new applications. As for these new applications, we are not yet at the stage where we can announce any new information. Considering how we will position our mobile business in the future, we are not necessarily looking to continue releasing many new applications for the mobile market as much as we are looking at the continuation of our mobile business as a way to make active use of Nintendo IP (game characters, worlds, and so on) in the interest of maximizing the entirety of Nintendo's business. For us, the direct purpose of releasing mobile applications is to bring games that use Nintendo IP to the large install base of smart devices worldwide, bringing more consumers into contact with the worlds of Nintendo games and also bringing ongoing services to fans of individual Nintendo IP on mobile platforms. For example, Super Mario Run has been downloaded on over 400 million devices, and Mario Kart Tour continues to be played by a very large number of consumers. As a more recent example, the number of active and new users of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has increased greatly in tandem with the release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. On the other hand, we believe Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has become a good way to invigorate the entire Animal Crossing IP and for potential Animal Crossing: New Horizons players to recognize the franchise. We want to use these activities to expand our contacts with consumers who are introduced to Nintendo's unique entertainment proposals. Regarding the earnings forecast for this fiscal year, we are not expecting a major increase in sales for the mobile business.

Feels like this line on page 17 of their more detailed explanatory material is targeted directly at me. The fuck is that supposed to mean? We are supposed to assume the worst for your mobile apps cause you cannot be transparent about it?

Spoiler

Please understand that we do not disclose details like the number of downloads and the sales revenues for individual applications.

Edited by XRay

11 hours ago, Crime and Punishment said:

i just need one more but she won't come home guys

IMG_1890.JPG.991524485317aeeeb190bb3cac382180.JPG

😔

I got 3 while trying to get Caeda /cry.

Yay, so Alligerance Battles are temporary gone for the new super mode (Irony mode-on) :facepalm:

You realice how trash this new mode is when they skip another mode and give you 1 orb just to make you play it...Guess I can live with 4 orbs less for month, even as a F2P

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The coliseum rotation was a bad idea. They couldn't even be bothered to keep the rewards consistent. This new mode is trash and its rewards aren't comparabls to AB. Give me my 3,000+ feathers back.

I recommend sending them in game feedback if you have not done so yet, or tag them on Twitter so they can see it.

I do not think Intelligent Systems reads Fire Emblem forums frequently, if at all.

Edited by XRay

On 6/23/2020 at 5:21 AM, Javi Blizz said:

You realice how trash this new mode is when they skip another mode and give you 1 orb just to make you play it...Guess I can live with 4 orbs less for month, even as a F2P

We gain 1 orb actually, before we got 10 orbs every 6 weeks (5+5 from AB 3-week rotation for orb reward), now its 11 orbs every 6 weeks (1x6 weekly orb, and 5 from the 6th week AB)

On 6/23/2020 at 6:21 AM, Javi Blizz said:

I got 3 while trying to get Caeda /cry.

She keeps coming back.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628048700991864833/725362624283410533/caeda.png

I got this yesterday morning, and I was broke. I was down to 0 (having had done all quests), and Trials was my only option.

charlotte.png

Hard work really payed off. : D

On 6/22/2020 at 9:34 PM, XRay said:

I rather loot boxes stay. If a player does not like loot boxes, then do not play games with loot boxes. There are plenty of other options. Having something like Heroes helps stabilize Fire Emblem as a franchise. If a main line game does not pan out, having a strong mobile title that does well is a signal that the franchise is still viable.

Trying to over regulate loot boxes is just an asinine finger pointing move against businesses. And gaming as whole would not be better off without it, as it is one less revenue model to work with.

I personally believe that Gacha Games should have an special label in ratings, and the games that include them should be (at the very least) Mature rated (+17), I don't believe they'll be ban, but we need something to avoid... problems.

Like how some children "accidentally" drained their parents Bank Account using money for FIFA, in order to get their desired soccer player (and other similar stories with games that are supposed to be for CHILDREN).

Since the costume UI seems to be designed to be expandable, what do you think the odds of particularly popular characters getting purchaseable/earnable alt costumes (for their base character) or even 2nd resplendant costumes are?

Edited by Fabulously Olivier