Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

This is a constant. Ever since I had Spring Camilla, I've observed that you'd get a net heal (damage subtracted from the HP healed) if you slap Fury on her. 

Yeah. I used to have Carrot Lance and Fury 2 on my Donnel, and he tooked 2 damage after combat because Carrot Lance heals 4 and Fury 3 damages 6, so 4 - 6 = -2.

The only explanation, outside that Ana forgot how the game works, is that she thought it was like Bellringer and Sol Lance that heals during combat  with every attack. But nope, Melon Float is like Mystic Boost.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Rather than show -6, followed up by a +7, it’s a cleaner aesthetic to just show +1. 
My fave is Fury 3+Mystic Boost, because rather than show -6 by fury followed by the +6 from the mystic boost, it shows a CLINK! Followed by a 0 lol.

I'd still prefer if it showed the -6 and then +7. I was misled because it isn't being shown that way. Less confusion if it was.

I know how the game works, thanks. Just because I misunderstood one or two details doesn't mean I'm stupid. Stop treating me like I am, please.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd still prefer if it showed the -6 and then +7. I was misled because it isn't being shown that way. Less confusion if it was.

I know how the game works, thanks. Just because I misunderstood one or two details doesn't mean I'm stupid. Stop treating me like I am, please.

no one is treating you like you're stupid. 

but several people told you that it wasn't a bug, and how it worked - and you didn't even say "hey thanks for letting me know, i appreciate it!" or "omg duh - i had a brain fart." (trust me. i have them all the time on the basic stuff  we all do). but you just double down on it sometimes and then you go "well don't treat me  like i'm stupid." well don't treat us like we don't know what we're talking about either. if you don't like it how do you think the people who are trying to help you must feel? 

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Next time, instead of being all about "I believe I found a bug! His weapon does not heal him as it's supposed to. We need to report this", maybe goes for a "I would like if this thing was like this, and not like that" approachment, because the way you phrased the first time sounds that it was wrong to be that way, which is not wrong to be that way.

If you knew how the game works, as you say, you wouldn't need to say "I believe I found a bug on Sylvain" because you would know that it isn't even close to a bug.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

no one is treating you like you're stupid. 

Telling me I don't know how the game works simply for misunderstanding one thing is treating me like I'm stupid.

Have you ever considered that maybe you're treating other people like they're stupid? When people try to correct you on a misunderstanding you're more often than not defensive about it and act like THEY don't know what they're talking about. Nobody thinks you're dumb because you forgot how game mechanics work, but people have a right to get pissy when you refuse to budge and insist you're right when you're not.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There is a big difference between misunderstanding something and not grasping how the game works. 

When a person misunderstands something, they adjust their point of view after being told they are wrong. An example;

A: I thought you’d help me move today?

B: Actually, I said I couldn’t help you move today, but I would be there tomorrow.

A: Oh, I misunderstood, my bad, see you tomorrow then!

However, what you are doing is being adamant about your point of view being right, even against provided evidence such as video’s. Example:

B: Actually, I said I couldn’t help you move today, but I would be there tomorrow.

A: No that is not what you said, you said you’d help today!

B: No, i did not, here, look at out messages in whatsapp, you can see that I would be there tomorrow.

A: No you’re interpreting those words wrong, I expect you at my house to help me today.

B: *visible frustration*

That’s pretty much what happens, you’re A in example 2, and the people that show you where you are wrong, are B. They try to explain the situation, get told they are wrong even though they provide evidence of why they are right, and feel frustrated because they are trying to help and you just start playing the victim, as if they are all trying to make fun of you while they are just showing you where you made a mistake.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Have you ever considered that maybe you're treating other people like they're stupid? When people try to correct you on a misunderstanding you're more often than not defensive about it and act like THEY don't know what they're talking about. Nobody thinks you're dumb because you forgot how game mechanics work, but people have a right to get pissy when you refuse to budge and insist you're right when you're not.

right? like i just said that  and it went over her head - still. no apology, not even "oh i didn't mean it like that." just nope. people treating me like i'm stupid. which i will point out, no one did. what Diovani said was outside of you not knowing how the game worked, Ana probably misunderstood how melon float worked.a few people (including myself), told you Ana, how Recoil + In Combat worked.  - and not even Thank you, i get it

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

...What? Where are you getting this idea?

And I have a right to get pissy if I feel I'm being mistreated.

And yes, I misunderstood something. This does not mean I don't know how the game works. And why are any apologies needed for anything? I don't see anything anyone needs to be sorry for. Well, I guess except for mistreating me, I suppose.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ans we have the very same right to get pissy when we are being mistreated because you keep playing the victim.

You shift blame, take no accountability and make us the boogeymen even though all we did was say ‘hey did you know it works as it is supposed to, it isn’t a bug’

You say you have a right, but your actiona indicate that you don’t think we deserve that same right.

Edited by Vicious Sal

Just now, Vicious Sal said:

Ans we have the very same right to get pissy when we are being mistreated because you keep playing the victim.

You shift blame, take no accountability and make us the boogeymen even though all we did was say ‘hey did you know it works as it is supposed to, it isn’t a bug’

...What? Again, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Just now, Anacybele said:

From your interactions with Diovanni.

Also, you do realize that getting pissy is a two-way street, right? Right now, you're coming off all "I have a right to get mad at things other people say even if it's not meant to be insulted because I feel insulted, but no one else has the right to get upset at how I treat them even if it makes them feel bad because I don't mean it in an insulting way!" That's not how the world works. Step back and realize that as much as you may get annoyed by people "mistreating" you, other people feel the exact same way about you except they don't cry about it.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Also, you do realize that getting pissy is a two-way street, right? Right now, you're coming off all "I have a right to get mad at things other people say even if it's not meant to be insulted because I feel insulted, but no one else has the right to get upset at how I treat them even if it makes them feel bad because I don't mean it in an insulting way!" That's not how the world works. Step back and realize that as much as you may get annoyed by people "mistreating" you, other people feel the exact same way about you except they don't cry about it.

I don't remember mistreating anyone though. That's what I'm saying. So again, I don't know what you're talking about.

But the matter's been resolved, and therefore this discussion doesn't need to go on. Good day.

6 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

There is a big difference between misunderstanding something and not grasping how the game works. 

When a person misunderstands something, they adjust their point of view after being told they are wrong. An example;

A: Oh, I misunderstood, my bad, see you tomorrow then!

However, what you are doing is being adamant about your point of view being right, even against provided evidence such as video’s. Example:

A: No that is not what you said, you said you’d help today!

B: No, i did not, here, look at out messages in whatsapp, you can see that I would be there tomorrow.

A: No you’re interpreting those words wrong, I expect you at my house to help me today.

B: *visible frustration*

That’s pretty much what happens, you’re A in example 2, and the people that show you where you are wrong, are B. They try to explain the situation, get told they are wrong even though they provide evidence of why they are right, and feel frustrated because they are trying to help and you just start playing the victim, as if they are all trying to make fun of you while they are just showing you where you made a mistake.

@Anacybele you missed this one. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...What? Again, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Pretty much this:

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't remember mistreating anyone though. That's what I'm saying. So again, I don't know what you're talking about.

But the matter's been resolved, and therefore this discussion doesn't need to go on. Good day.

Nope, you're not "good day"ing your way out of this.

When Diovanni replied to your misremembering how Sylvain's weapon worked, you replied by dismissing what he said repeatedly with "no, you're wrong, it's a glitch and if it's going on with Eir it should be fixed too". REPEATEDLY. Even after he posts video of it happening to explain "this is literally how it always works and is supposed to work" you keep on dismissing it. And when he finally gets annoyed, you complain about how he's "treating me like I'm stupid".

Guy tries to be nice and to clear up a misunderstanding you had. Gets stonewalled with "no, you're wrong" and then finally told "you're a meanie stop treating me like I'm stupid". Yeah, that's would count.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And yes, I misunderstood something. This does not mean I don't know how the game works. And why are any apologies needed for anything? I don't see anything anyone needs to be sorry for. Well, I guess except for mistreating me, I suppose.

Oh wow. You actually pulled the "Everyone should apologize except me." argument.

I'm honestly not surprised coming from you.

putting it straight down and out there: anacybele, this behavior is literally one of the major factors that led to you getting banned from the discord.

literally nobody should apologize but you, and that's non-negotiable.

I am curious what they are going to do with Three Houses for the next few months. It's sort of why i haven't free summoned yet (mostly because i'd like people from this banner but i am trying to be responsible, and not summon or try for things right now until i get more information. but i don't get the feeling that with this it's going to be an "Oh, we gave you summer alts, well, cheers until next year!"  

that Sothis thing is still kinda wonkers too. (not to mention Lysithea. she's the only 3H unit whose never had a banner outside of Ferdinand and Female Byleth (like a proper "heroes with/banner) They could be "Ophelia-ing" her since she's so freaking bonkers (ophelia while she's had seven banners. the majority of them were her sharing a colour or smack in the middle of heavy Tier A Quality Banners.With Female Byleth i am stumped, esp. because Male Byleth has had now 3? banners?

I'm just wondering what's up

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

I am curious what they are going to do with Three Houses for the next few months. It's sort of why i haven't free summoned yet (mostly because i'd like people from this banner but i am trying to be responsible, and not summon or try for things right now until i get more information. but i don't get the feeling that with this it's going to be an "Oh, we gave you summer alts, well, cheers until next year!"  

that Sothis thing is still kinda wonkers too. (not to mention Lysithea. she's the only 3H unit whose never had a banner outside of Ferdinand and Female Byleth (like a proper "heroes with/banner) They could be "Ophelia-ing" her since she's so freaking bonkers (ophelia while she's had seven banners. the majority of them were her sharing a colour or smack in the middle of heavy Tier A Quality Banners.With Female Byleth i am stumped, esp. because Male Byleth has had now 3? banners?

Remind me, the first anniversary for 3H is coming up very soon (or has already passed), right? I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if the next New Heroes banner is actually 3H, and in early August our something-and-a-half-anniversary for this game is 3H-themed.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

They are saving her prolly up for a Legendary banner when the Red units are lackluster or a Hero Fest banner. At least thats what i think

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Remind me, the first anniversary for 3H is coming up very soon (or has already passed), right? I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if the next New Heroes banner is actually 3H, and in early August our something-and-a-half-anniversary for this game is 3H-themed.

Would be so funny with the next New Heroes Banner had Sylvain, Ingrid, Dorothea and Lorenz. lol

Just now, Sunwoo said:

It's in a few weeks. the third(ish week of july) - i know it's stupidly close to my birthday. July 17th or so. (i'm the 21st).

and that's what's in my head.. like I would love an Ingrid and Dorothea. (if  i got a Sylvain/Byleth on the way, yay) - it's more of if i get two now, that's 2 less i have to stress on the DSH in Dec/Feb for them. but if they are on the new heroes banner. i can use my monthly allowance to spark a guaranteed 3H'er that i want. and I think that's better. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hey all, I believe I found a bug on Sylvain. His weapon does not heal him as it's supposed to. Either that, or the description is wrong. It says that it restores 7 HP after his first combat on each turn, but it keeps only giving him 1 HP, no matter how much HP he has at the time. We have to report this to IS.

Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. Fury deals damage, yes, but I still see only 1 HP being healed after it kicks in when it should still be 7 HP. It should be +6 damage, and then +7 HP, not +6 damage and then +1 HP.

Ever since someone cooked up the idea of slapping Fury into Spring Camilla, the after-combat heal of 4 HP supercedes the after-combat damage of 6 HP, resulting in a net damage of 2 HP. Sylvain's after-combat heal results in a net heal of 1 HP after Fury 3 procs 6 damage.

Is it really that difficult to grasp?

Except it does, because I just saw it while playing. They don't happen at the same time, nor should they. It doesn't make sense.

And if Eir has the same issue going on, that should be fixed too. It causes the weapons to not work as they say they're supposed to.

Screencap or bust.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Regardless, that isn't the point anyway. The point is that the way it's functioning now doesn't line up with the weapon description.

Does it? Or are you tripping over your feet by not grasping the after-combat net damage/net heal concept?

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, that's a crummy way that defeats the purpose of illustrating after-combat effects. More confusing, too.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Telling me I don't know how the game works simply for misunderstanding one thing is treating me like I'm stupid.

Flip side: we ought to have just as big a bone to pick with you (if not bigger) for constantly putting words in our mouths, and by acting like a pissant in general.

So this is my Sylvain so far. Not bad for just getting him today, I think. I want him to be +Spd at some point though. And +10 too, of course. But I can't pull anymore on his banner at present. I've put Gronnblade+ into his kit as well, I'm just going to actually have him learn it when I use him in the TT+ tomorrow. Most of the time I think I'll just stick with his base weapon, but Gronnblade+ will be used in situations where it's needed more.

0dWHZay.jpg