Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'd recommend putting together a team of 5* LV40 units, for one thing. You should have other free 5*s available, like Fjorm and Eir.

Getting units to LV40 is easy, there's no point in trying to take on maps that are giving you trouble with underleveled units.

I've a lot of 5* units, let me list them: Ike vanguard, xander, king tibarn, owain, chrom knight exalt, ninian, eliwood(lance), hector(lance), reinhardt(mage knight), yarne, eirika(mage knight), Eir and Julius (Loptous), wich team do you recommend? to beat GHB (just for that, because tbh i like to use the ones i like for "normal" mode)

Edited by Arhuhamel

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

First up, level up your units. Lunatic difficulty typically assumes you have a decent stock of fully leveled units available to you to choose from. The fastest way to level up units is to use the special training maps since they each have a large number of enemies at a low stamina cost, and all of the enemies have lower stats than normal enemies at their level.

You can also look for free-to-play guides on YouTube. Phoenixmaster1 is easily the most popular channel for guides using free and easy-to-obtain units, and even if you don't have all of the units available to you, the guides can still be useful for coming up with strategies of your own.

Where can I access these special training maps? (i'm really new haha), I will check this channel later, but now, tell me something, can I get this Blazing Lion Roy on F2P?(i will post the image) Another question, is Feh Pass worth it? ( seems cheap for the rewards, minerva is cool)

blazing lion.png

And guys, I have another question, I want to make walhart a 5*, is it worth it? ( I like him so much, wolf berg is such a cool axe hahaha)

Another question, wich armored units are strong and viable to make 5*? (Like zephiel, black knight zelgius, etc.....)

walhart.jpg

2 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

And guys, I have another question, I want to make walhart a 5*, is it worth it? ( I like him so much, wolf berg is such a cool axe hahaha)

Another question, wich armored units are strong and viable to make 5*? (Like zephiel, black knight zelgius, etc.....)

walhart.jpg

Well, Walhart isn't amazing, but he also doesn't have much competition. Axe cavalry is one of the least populated roles in the game.

Favoritism always wins out. It's what this game is all about, and you're going to enjoy yourself more with characters you like.

As for F2P armor units, Black Knight is a must have. Gwendolyn, Effie, and Sheena are plenty strong too. Hard to go wrong with armor projects.

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, Walhart isn't amazing, but he also doesn't have much competition. Axe cavalry is one of the least populated roles in the game.

Favoritism always wins out. It's what this game is all about, and you're going to enjoy yourself more with characters you like.

As for F2P armor units, Black Knight is a must have. Gwendolyn, Effie, and Sheena are plenty strong too. Hard to go wrong with armor projects.

So Black Knight is a must, ok, but How do I get the 5* one (without helmet)?

1 minute ago, Arhuhamel said:

So Black Knight is a must, ok, but How do I get the 5* one (without helmet)?

That's a unit you can only get by summoning. It's an entirely different unit. You pretty much have to wait for him to be a focus unit or hope you roll him off focus. Either way, be prepared to horde orbs or spend money.

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That's a unit you can only get by summoning. It's an entirely different unit. You pretty much have to wait for him to be a focus unit or hope you roll him off focus. Either way, be prepared to horde orbs or spend money.

The same goes for Blazing Lion Roy? Wait for the banner....

Edited by Arhuhamel

1 minute ago, Arhuhamel said:

The same goes for Blazing Lion Roy? Wait for the banner....

That's Legendary Roy. He only appears on Legendary or Mythic banners. These banners happen at the end of every month. Legendary banners combine 3 red 5 star units, 3 green, 3 blue, and 3 colorless. They have an 8% summoning rate and you can't get 5 star heroes who aren't on the banner. However, they are extremely bad for obtaining specific units that you want, because you have an equal chance of receiving any of the 3 heroes for that color. 

Meaning, you should only roll on a legendary banner if you're okay with receiving many of the units on that banner or all of the units for that color.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That's Legendary Roy. He only appears on Legendary or Mythic banners. These banners happen at the end of every month. Legendary banners combine 3 red 5 star units, 3 green, 3 blue, and 3 colorless. They have an 8% summoning rate and you can't get 5 star heroes who aren't on the banner. However, they are extremely bad for obtaining specific units that you want, because you have an equal chance of receiving any of the 3 heroes for that color. 

Meaning, you should only roll on a legendary banner if you're okay with receiving many of the units on that banner or all of the units for that color.

Ok, each month there is a mythic banner, but the heroes that come are random? Like, in the end of last month came 5* Seliph(i guess), maybe in the end of this month Roy can come? Or maybe next.... If not, Maybe next.... And goes on

Just now, Arhuhamel said:

Ok, each month there is a mythic banner, but the heroes that come are random? Like, in the end of last month came 5* Seliph(i guess), maybe in the end of this month Roy can come? Or maybe next.... If not, Maybe next.... And goes on

Well, I don't know if random is really the term. We have speculation threads each month that list the ones we know are going to be on the banner, with educated guesses on the other characters. Generally speaking, it's a combination of existing legendary/mythic characters along with some recent regular 5 stars. There's also one new Legendary or Mythic character that debuts each month.

8 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, I don't know if random is really the term. We have speculation threads each month that list the ones we know are going to be on the banner, with educated guesses on the other characters. Generally speaking, it's a combination of existing legendary/mythic characters along with some recent regular 5 stars. There's also one new Legendary or Mythic character that debuts each month.

Got It, so where can i find out when 5* Roy Will come(approximately)? 

12 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Legendary Roy is guaranteed to appear at the end of this month - July 30th to be exact. When that happens, they will also announce when he will appear next (which is likely to be in 4-6 months).

This is true of all Legendary and Mythic heroes. Whenever one appears, they will always tell us when the next scheduled appearance is. (They've changed their minds a few times before, but it's like 95% accurate)

Edited by Humanoid

45 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

About Sheena, i've got Lucky, i Just summoned her now using her banner free summon

Screenshot_2020-07-10-15-16-10-549_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Legendary Roy is guaranteed to appear at the end of this month - July 30th to be exact. When that happens, they will also announce when he will appear next (which is likely to be in 4-6 months).

This is true of all Legendary and Mythic heroes. Whenever one appears, they will always tell us when the next scheduled appearance is. (They've changed their minds a few times before, but it's like 95% accurate)

Are you sure Man? Gotta farm the orbs like a maniac

Edited by Arhuhamel

Just now, Arhuhamel said:

Are you sure Man? Gotta farm the orbs like a maniac

Yes, the information is gathered from the in-game notifications so it's official. Helpful users just take that information and present it in a more readable format. So the top half of this chart is official information:

uneikycf10851.png?width=1066&height=534

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Yes, the information is gathered from the in-game notifications so it's official. Helpful users just take that information and present it in a more readable format. So the top half of this chart is official information:

uneikycf10851.png?width=1066&height=534

Omg, i've only 12 orbs, yesterday i've spent 80 orbs on the New player banner....(to get some 5*, i've got three 5*, but now i regret It) i hope by the end of the month i can get enough orbs to summon Roy boy

50 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Where can I access these special training maps? (i'm really new haha)

They're under Battle (second from the left on bottom ribbon) → Special Maps (top right) → Special Training (fourth from the bottom). No idea what the English names for any of these menu options are.

The special training maps rotate every day in the order close range (enemies are mostly melee) → long range (enemies are mostly ranged) → bow (enemies are mostly fliers) → magic (enemies are mostly armors) → everything (enemies are colored melee and tomes) → repeat. Today is the bow map, which is ideal for training bows, but can be used for most unit types.

56 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Another question, is Feh Pass worth it? ( seems cheap for the rewards, minerva is cool)

It depends on who you ask. If you're not adverse to spending money in the first place, I find it reasonably worth it since it gives 10 orbs every month (which normally costs between $5.19 and $5.99 depending on the pack size) plus 2 5-star units and some other resources and quality-of-life features.

If you don't care about the quality-of-life features and just want the orbs, resources, and 5-star units at the best price, you can actually subscribe a few days into the rotation, then cancel before your subscription is over, then wait until a few days into the next rotation to subscribe again and effectively get 3 rotations for the price of 2. (Basically, you just make sure your subscription overlaps 3 rotations and then make sure to grab the resources from your last half-rotation before the subscription expires.)

59 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

All of them.

However, some of them require a lot of investment to make worth it. In general, the easiest ones to use with the least investment required are the ones that come with Armor March, Armored Stride, Distant Counter, or a weapon with built-in Distant Counter or have a ranged weapon type. Of these, Black Knight, Winter Cecilia, and Winter Jaffar are the easiest to obtain.

The subscription is absolutely worth it, even without the stat increases, summoner support slots, and quality of life features that shouldn't be locked behind a pay wall.

2 5 stars per month (3 if you actively game the subscription) alone is worth more than $10. The likelihood of you getting even one, let alone 2 5 stars on a $10 orb pack is low.

Then you factor in 100 grails (twice the amount often used to sweeten monthly orb packs), 240 divine codes part 1, 10 orbs, and 70 divine dews per month.

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The subscription is absolutely worth it, even without the stat increases, summoner support slots, and quality of life features that shouldn't be locked behind a pay wall.

2 5 stars per month (3 if you actively game the subscription) alone is worth more than $10. The likelihood of you getting even one, let alone 2 5 stars on a $10 orb pack is low.

Then you factor in 100 grails (twice the amount often used to sweeten monthly orb packs), 240 divine codes part 1, 10 orbs, and 70 divine dews per month.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They're under Battle (second from the left on bottom ribbon) → Special Maps (top right) → Special Training (fourth from the bottom). No idea what the English names for any of these menu options are.

The special training maps rotate every day in the order close range (enemies are mostly melee) → long range (enemies are mostly ranged) → bow (enemies are mostly fliers) → magic (enemies are mostly armors) → everything (enemies are colored melee and tomes) → repeat. Today is the bow map, which is ideal for training bows, but can be used for most unit types.

It depends on who you ask. If you're not adverse to spending money in the first place, I find it reasonably worth it since it gives 10 orbs every month (which normally costs between $5.19 and $5.99 depending on the pack size) plus 2 5-star units and some other resources and quality-of-life features.

If you don't care about the quality-of-life features and just want the orbs, resources, and 5-star units at the best price, you can actually subscribe a few days into the rotation, then cancel before your subscription is over, then wait until a few days into the next rotation to subscribe again and effectively get 3 rotations for the price of 2. (Basically, you just make sure your subscription overlaps 3 rotations and then make sure to grab the resources from your last half-rotation before the subscription expires.)

All of them.

However, some of them require a lot of investment to make worth it. In general, the easiest ones to use with the least investment required are the ones that come with Armor March, Armored Stride, Distant Counter, or a weapon with built-in Distant Counter or have a ranged weapon type. Of these, Black Knight, Winter Cecilia, and Winter Jaffar are the easiest to obtain.

I guess i Will subscribe then, here in Brazil the subscription costs the price of a large pizza( around 40 BRL), i guess it's ok for the benefits, but thank tou guys for awsering my questions, It helped a Lot, and wish me Lucky by the end of the month to get the Roy boi

Now let me ask about a unit type, can you guys Tell me the best wyvern riders to invest? I'm testing Valter for 5*, but i'm sure if he is the wyvern Knight that i'm looking for, i want a balanced one for sure

FEPR_Wyvern_Lord_(black).png

6 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Now let me ask about a unit type, can you guys Tell me the best wyvern riders to invest? I'm testing Valter for 5*, but i'm sure if he is the wyvern Knight that i'm looking for, i want a balanced one for sure

FEPR_Wyvern_Lord_(black).png

For axe, Mininerva (young Minerva) is your best bet. Also Cherche. I use Michalis and love him, but grails are a precious resource and you can really do better.

For lance, I strongly recommend Altena as a free to play unit. And since there are a lot of pegasi, Catria, Est, and Cordelia are really good too.

For sword, Ashnard is one of the best free units we've gotten so far. And sword fliers are a really underused character type.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

For axe, Mininerva (young Minerva) is your best bet. Also Cherche. I use Michalis and love him, but grails are a precious resource and you can really do better.

For lance, I strongly recommend Altena as a free to play unit. And since there are a lot of pegasi, Catria, Est, and Cordelia are really good too.

For sword, Ashnard is one of the best free units we've gotten so far. And sword fliers are a really underused character type.

I don't like Pegasus Knights, but i Will consider them, now is good to know about ashnard and minerva(i Will get her in the pass), so, Valter is not worth, here's gone 100 grails hahahaha, about the grails, i got astram too, he seems like a Very balanced unit, what can you Tell me about him? Also i wanna ask, astram looks very similar tô GBA hero class(armor+sword+shield), there is another similar hero class characters design?( Linus, echidna and Raven does not look like they look in GBA)

5 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

I don't like Pegasus Knights, but i Will consider them, now is good to know about ashnard and minerva(i Will get her in the pass), so, Valter is not worth, here's gone 100 grails hahahaha, about the grails, i got astram too, he seems like a Very balanced unit, what can you Tell me about him? Also i wanna ask, astram looks very similar tô GBA hero class(armor+sword+shield), there is another similar hero class characters design?( Linus, echidna and Raven does not look like they look in GBA)

That's a different Minerva. The young one you can get from heroic grails is way stronger.

I do use Astram myself. He's a pretty competent buffer with good stats. However, as a unit, you're much better off using Laslow for multiple reasons. One, Astram provides you with Wrath for skill inheritance, which is really valuable. Two, Laslow can buff anyone, not just physical units. And three, Laslow is one of the best enemy phase sweepers in the game.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

18 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

For axes, Young Minerva is the best all around and is a Grail unit. Resplendent Minerva is only slightly behind her. Cherche is a monster powerhouse on player phase. Michalis, Haar, Gerome, and Beruka are all good pure-enemy-phase units with Michalis having the highest damage output of the four and Beruka being the bulkiest. All four of them other than Beruka are Grail units.

For lances, Altenna is the best enemy-phase dragon knight with Travant and Cormag slightly behind. Spring Narcian is the best player-phase dragon knight, but is a seasonal limited character, but Heath and Cormag are also usable. Valter is okay due to his weapon, and he's also likely to get a refine for it in the next few months. All of them except Altenna and Narcian are grail units.

For swords, all three of them are good. Ashnard is a Grail unit and is extremely good as an enemy-phase unit due to his high Atk and bulk and Iote's Shield built into his weapon. Laegjarn and New Year Camilla are good player-phase options, and Laegjarn is bulky enough on the physical side to pick up kills on enemy phase, too.