Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That's a different Minerva. The young one you can get from heroic grails is way stronger.

I do use Astram myself. He's a pretty competent buffer with good stats. However, as a unit, you're much better off using Laslow for multiple reasons. One, Astram provides you with Wrath for skill inheritance, which is really valuable. Two, Laslow can buff anyone, not just physical units. And three, Laslow is one of the best enemy phase sweepers in the game.

That is unespected, i had 3 laslows.....now they are gone.....he is a red orb unit right? Ok, can you send me a link(vídeo or text) for this laslow build? Now i'm interested in doing it

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For axes, Young Minerva is the best all around and is a Grail unit. Resplendent Minerva is only slightly behind her. Cherche is a monster powerhouse on player phase. Michalis, Haar, Gerome, and Beruka are all good pure-enemy-phase units with Michalis having the highest damage output of the four and Beruka being the bulkiest. All four of them other than Beruka are Grail units.

For lances, Altenna is the best enemy-phase dragon knight with Travant and Cormag slightly behind. Spring Narcian is the best player-phase dragon knight, but is a seasonal limited character, but Heath and Cormag are also usable. Valter is okay due to his weapon, and he's also likely to get a refine for it in the next few months. All of them except Altenna and Narcian are grail units.

For swords, all three of them are good. Ashnard is a Grail unit and is extremely good as an enemy-phase unit due to his high Atk and bulk and Iote's Shield built into his weapon. Laegjarn and New Year Camilla are good player-phase options, and Laegjarn is bulky enough on the physical side to pick up kills on enemy phase, too.

Ok, thank you for the tips, now Tell me something, in your opinion, i continue with Valter or on the other ones that you Said?

1 minute ago, Arhuhamel said:

That is unespected, i had 3 laslows.....now they are gone.....he is a red orb unit right? Ok, can you send me a link(vídeo or text) for this laslow build? Now i'm interested in doing it

It's really simple. He needs his weapon refined, which lets him buff allies when repositioning them (or if they reposition him). It also gives him a 16 mt brave weapon on both phases as long as you keep two buffed allies within 3 spaces of him.

Then you need Moonbow/Glimmer, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, and Defense Smoke 3. You can finish off with a Fierce Stance 3 seal to pump up his damage in enemy phase.

2 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Ok, thank you for the tips, now Tell me something, in your opinion, i continue with Valter or on the other ones that you Said?

Having more units built is better than having fewer units built. I'd recommend finishing building Valter regardless and grab another project whenever you can.

You can pretty much drop Fury/Life and Death + Desperation + Moonbow + Reposition on any player-phase unit and call it a day.

6 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

I suggest saving at least one copy of each unit you get. Laslow is very common, you'll get more copies of him eventually so don't go to any effort to try to get him back, but it's something to keep in mind for the future. 

18 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

@Arhuhamel

I recommend this video and it’s part two. It should help you get started. It might even be useful to reroll your account if you only just started since you can recover lost orbs that you spent and save them for Roy.

I already linked my acc with Nintendo acc , can i still reset?

Just now, Arhuhamel said:

I already linked my acc with Nintendo acc , can i still reset?

The youtuber has a reroll guide as well, watch that. You should be able to reset if you find it worth the time and effort to have a better start.

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

The youtuber has a reroll guide as well, watch that. You should be able to reset if you find it worth the time and effort to have a better start.

Ok, i'll watch, but, can you help me choose the 2 free 5* heroes ?

Ok, i saw the vídeo that Vicious Sal posted above and I understood the way, so i've reset my acc, now, i've 2 free 5* heroes to summon, wich ones are the best?(images below) And the Guy in the vídeo, said that legendary nailah is good to pick, in the long run, what do you guys say, i try to pick it or no? 

Screenshot_2020-07-10-20-26-33-355_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

Screenshot_2020-07-10-20-26-56-302_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

Screenshot_2020-07-10-20-26-42-518_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

3 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

Ok, i saw the vídeo that Vicious Sal posted above and I understood the way, so i've reset my acc, now, i've 2 free 5* heroes to summon, wich ones are the best?(images below) And the Guy in the vídeo, said that legendary nailah is good to pick, in the long run, what do you guys say, i try to pick it or no? 

Screenshot_2020-07-10-20-26-33-355_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

Screenshot_2020-07-10-20-26-56-302_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

Screenshot_2020-07-10-20-26-42-518_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

I don't know what you mean by legendary Nailah. Nailah doesn't have a legendary alt, that image is just regular Nailah. Nailah is a decent unit, but I don't know of any reason to specifically prioritize her. There are many stronger units, particularly more recent ones.

To my understanding, Veronica and Micaiah are the most popular picks of those two Brave rosters. As a result, Phoenixmaster1 uses them in some of his F2P guides, so they're useful to have for that. I don't personally have Micaiah so I can't speak for her, but I did free pick Veronica and I've found her to be very valuable.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I don't know what you mean by legendary Nailah. Nailah doesn't have a legendary alt, that image is just regular Nailah. Nailah is a decent unit, but I don't know of any reason to specifically prioritize her. There are many stronger units, particularly more recent ones.

To my understanding, Veronica and Micaiah are the most popular picks of those two Brave rosters. As a result, Phoenixmaster1 uses them in some of his F2P guides, so they're useful to have for that. I don't personally have Micaiah so I can't speak for her, but I did free pick Veronica and I've found her to be very valuable.

Ok, so what i should do? Save the orbs or try to pick some 5* on the New player banner ?

1 minute ago, Arhuhamel said:

Ok, so what i should do? Save the orbs or try to pick some 5* on the New player banner ?

I'm not sure which banner you're referring to.

It's up to you how to use your orbs, but I'd recommend making sure you keep a bunch prepared for the legendary/mythic banner at the end of the month. Those are really nice for new players, since they offer a bunch of powerful units at a high frequency and you won't have any of them yet.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure which banner you're referring to.

It's up to you how to use your orbs, but I'd recommend making sure you keep a bunch prepared for the legendary/mythic banner at the end of the month. Those are really nice for new players, since they offer a bunch of powerful units at a high frequency and you won't have any of them yet.

I want the legendary Roy, the guys above said that Will come by the end of this month, so, i know it's RNG, but does exist a statistic about the legendary hero? (Like 100-300 orbs to maybe summon It)

The banner is this one below

Screenshot_2020-07-10-22-52-33-266_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

12 minutes ago, Arhuhamel said:

I want the legendary Roy, the guys above said that Will come by the end of this month, so, i know it's RNG, but does exist a statistic about the legendary hero? (Like 100-300 orbs to maybe summon It)

The banner is this one below

Screenshot_2020-07-10-22-52-33-266_com.nintendo.zaba.jpg

https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

You can use this to get estimates for how many orbs a given banner will take to get you what you want.

That Hero Fest does look like a good deal to me, especially if you're new. Tibarn and Tiki, in particular, are both very powerful. You get the same overall 8% chance of getting a 5* unit there as on a legendary banner, although in this case a big chunk of it gets taken up by one unit, so if you get any of the units, you'll probably want to stop pulling orbs of their color from that banner.

In general, if you have a choice, my recommendation is to try to stick to summons where the banner in question has at least one rare focus unit you're missing in the color you want to pull. (Defining "rare" as any unit that's 5* exclusive, doesn't appear in the normal summoning pool, or both.) The exceptions are New Heroes banners with the "free 5* unit after 40 summons" mechanic, since with those it can be worthwhile to pull every color just to get your summon count up to 40 (if you decide you want to go for that), and banners that remove their normal 5* pool in exchange for a higher focus rate (legendary/mythic banners and Double Special Heroes banners), since for those, you really want to stick to colors where you're missing multiple rare units to get a good overall chance of getting a new rare unit.

Over time, you might decide to make changes to those rules, but they should be useful at least while you're starting out, and personally, I've been sticking to those rules and found them quite solid.

@Arhuhamel, just so you do not make the same mistakes as others have made in terms of resource management, I strongly recommend that you keep at least one copy of every unit that the game gives you for free, and make sure you do NOT merge them and do NOT give them Dragonflowers. This is for following guides on YouTube so you can get all the rewards that are time sensitive. Even as a veteran player, while I do not need free guides most of the time, I still find myself relying on them from time to time, and I rely on free guides heavily for Limited Hero Battles.

Here is a short summary of what units to keep at least one copy of:

Spoiler

- Any unit that is (or will be) featured in the Use Heroic Grails menu.
- Any unit that is given for free from Story Maps.
- Any unit that is given for free from Heroes' Path.
- Any unit that is given for free from quests.
- Any unit that is given/chosen for free from Brave Heroes, Arrival of the Brave, or Brave Echoes Foci. (The most common picks are BH!Lyn, AOTB!Veronica, and BE!Micaiah respectively; if you get any other ones from those Foci and they have a neutral nature, I recommend keeping them unmerged and unFlowered as well.)
- Any unit that is given for free from any other special event. (I only recall F!Corrin and Altina so far.)
- Any unit that is from the 3*/4* and is of a neutral nature. While you might not get your neutral copies of these units for free, most of those units were given away for free at some point in the past.

If you have any doubts, you can consult this chart of free units.

I also strongly do NOT recommend Sending Home any unit, at least not until much later. If you need more space in your Barracks, I recommend expanding your Barracks or turning some of the units into Combat Manuals to get more space. If you are sending units home, you are essentially trading 3-5 Orbs for 150, 300, or 1,000 Feathers, which is an extremely bad deal . The average player can get well over 20,000 Feathers per week, so it does not really make sense to send any unit or Combat Manual home unless you have like 20+ copies of a unit and you do not use that unit for any form of Skill Inheritance. For units with Blade tomes, Brave Bow, Fury, Life and Death, Steady Stance, Desperation, Quick Riposte, Atk Smoke, etc., I do not recommend sending any of these units home since those skills are in very high demand.

Oh man I love Robin's resplendent design. Drat; wish there was a way to earn these looks. Like, though quests or something, since their alternative costumes/lines are treated like an equipable item. Even without the stat boost, I just really like this one (and probably all other Hel costumes.)

I have a spare Hector from the FEH Pass, and that means I've had DC fodder for a while, now. I'm tempted to give DC to my Charlotte, but I don't know if it's worth it. My Libra (one of my main units) always has DC on, but then he also has a higher base BST (Charlotte's might be similiar thanks to S-support, though).

FEH-Unit-Builder-Charlotte-Bridal-BlessiFEH-Unit-Builder-Charlotte-Bridal-Blessi

(Left: Current Charlotte; Right: Theorethical DC Charlotte)

I can customize her so she can work in a similiar fashion, as an all-round unit, but then that also means she's not as great at her usual role (basically tanking and hititng really hard).

And as for context, I'm not really all that into AR and higher tiers of those. While I am looking for pretty good stats and all-around flexibility, I'm not anal about not having a character with like 60 Spd. I pretty much play more game content elsewhere as well as the usual Lunatic/Abyssal GHB/LHBs. I really appreciate simply being able to throw a unit in there and cover multiple options.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, it looks like Forging Bonds reruns could be a... bimonthly(?) sort of thing.

Yeah. Looks like Forging Bond Revivals will happen in Odd-numbered Months, which Even-numbered Months will have Double Special Banners.

Nothing too appealing in any of the banners up for the re-run - those were some dark days when they thought four sword infantry over two banners would be a good idea. Still, if I had to choose any one unit from those being offered ...it's just going to be another Peony isn't it? Eh, fine by me. Catria second choice, and uh, Hilda third I guess.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

@Arhuhamel, just so you do not make the same mistakes as others have made in terms of resource management, I strongly recommend that you keep at least one copy of every unit that the game gives you for free, and make sure you do NOT merge them and do NOT give them Dragonflowers. This is for following guides on YouTube so you can get all the rewards that are time sensitive. Even as a veteran player, while I do not need free guides most of the time, I still find myself relying on them from time to time, and I rely on free guides heavily for Limited Hero Battles.

Here is a short summary of what units to keep at least one copy of:

Hide contents

- Any unit that is (or will be) featured in the Use Heroic Grails menu.
- Any unit that is given for free from Story Maps.
- Any unit that is given for free from Heroes' Path.
- Any unit that is given for free from quests.
- Any unit that is given/chosen for free from Brave Heroes, Arrival of the Brave, or Brave Echoes Foci. (The most common picks are BH!Lyn, AOTB!Veronica, and BE!Micaiah respectively; if you get any other ones from those Foci and they have a neutral nature, I recommend keeping them unmerged and unFlowered as well.)
- Any unit that is given for free from any other special event. (I only recall F!Corrin and Altina so far.)
- Any unit that is from the 3*/4* and is of a neutral nature. While you might not get your neutral copies of these units for free, most of those units were given away for free at some point in the past.

If you have any doubts, you can consult this chart of free units.

I also strongly do NOT recommend Sending Home any unit, at least not until much later. If you need more space in your Barracks, I recommend expanding your Barracks or turning some of the units into Combat Manuals to get more space. If you are sending units home, you are essentially trading 3-5 Orbs for 150, 300, or 1,000 Feathers, which is an extremely bad deal . The average player can get well over 20,000 Feathers per week, so it does not really make sense to send any unit or Combat Manual home unless you have like 20+ copies of a unit and you do not use that unit for any form of Skill Inheritance. For units with Blade tomes, Brave Bow, Fury, Life and Death, Steady Stance, Desperation, Quick Riposte, Atk Smoke, etc., I do not recommend sending any of these units home since those skills are in very high demand.

For the record, the free CYL1 summon has ended, so Lyn is no longer available that way.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, it looks like Forging Bonds reruns could be a... bimonthly(?) sort of thing.

Placed my vote into the Peony banner though the FE4 banner is an acceptable alternative.

Yeah, it looks like the pattern is to have the poll bring back the 2nd and 3rd place finishers (dropping 4th) and add the two banners from the following months. So in September, we'll probably get a poll for the November one with the FE7 and 3H banners added to the list. After that we could start seeing reruns of banners that already had the spark mechanic available, which would be interesting since it'd mean a chance for a second one.

I voted for Changing Winds again. It's less significant now that I have Petra, but I'd still like Hubert and Hilda as well. FE4 seems to be neck and neck with it, which is fine in my book. I already have Larcei and Ced, but I'd certainly like to pick up Shannan as well.

Worth noting that the re-run banners have the full pool of 5-star units in as pitybreakers, so any re-run of a banner that already had the spark enabled in its original run becomes automatically slightly worse than the original run. Unless you want a Book 1 pitybreaker, that is.

Just now, Humanoid said:

Worth noting that the re-run banners have the full pool of 5-star units in as pitybreakers, so any re-run of a banner that already had the spark enabled in its original run becomes automatically slightly worse than the original run. Unless you want a Book 1 pitybreaker, that is.

Yeah, that's certainly worth keeping in mind. Still, a spark is a spark.